Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sway with the Ocean Tide ❯ Michiru: Act II, Scene II ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Michiru arrived at the train station and was greeted by a very enthusiastic Usagi and Mamoru. Mamoru carried her luggage.
"It's nice to see you, Michiru-san, after five years without a peep!"
Usagi's house was huge. Mamoru had become a successful doctor, she'd said, and Usagi worked at Mako-chan's flower shoppe. She showed Michiru to a large room on the second floor furnished with a sturdy rosewood canopy bed and a matching desk, chair, and armoire.
"Make yourself at home."
Michiru unpacked and arranged her clothes in the armoire, then situated her toiletries in the bathroom attached to her room.
After that and a quick lunch, Usagi and Michiru walked to Makoto's apartment, which wasn't too far from her former high school. They Usagi knocked at the girl's door.
"Coming!" The door opened and there stood Makoto, looking just as happy as ever. She was wearing an apron and her nose had a smudge of flour across it. She smiled brightly. "Usagi-chan! Michiru-san! Hi!! Come in, it's been a while!"
The two stepped into Mako-chan's flower-adorned apartment. The scent of gingersnaps filled the air.
Help yourself to some cookies, I just made them," she said, pointing to a plateful on the diningroom table. "What would you like to drink?"
Both women asked for lemonade, which was brought to them.
"So, Michiru-san, what brings you back to Tokyo?"
"I was wondering if you could tell me where Haruka is. I haven't seen her in five years."
Makoto's eyes widened. "I haven't seen her in a while myself. Last time I saw her she was a wreck. She missed you a lot."
"Do you know of anyone who can tell me where she is?"
"I heard someone tell me rather recently that she's living with Hotaru now, but I've forgotten who it was......Let me try calling someone."
Mako-chan left the room and dialed Minako's phone number.