Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Fairytales of the Stars ❯ The Clever Fox ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Neo-Queen Serenity: Welcome, friends of the moon, to Chapter Two: The Clever Fox. Here we meet the second of the Neo-Senshis, Maria Richardson, and her Senshi Kouken, Sailor Mercury.
***

"Maria... what did you get for number 3?"
"Figure it out yourself, Joe." Maria, a 15 year old Mexican girl, pushed her classmate away, "I'm not going to let you copy offa me."
"You're mean."
The last bell of the day rang and again Maria was the last out. She always stayed behind to check over all her work for any non-existant mistakes. Pleased with her work, Maria rose to her feet and left. Today was the day she would finally get an upgrade for her laptop. Not only was that a good reason to be happy, but today she could also go see her idol, Mizuno Ami.
"Mizuno-sama! Mizuno-sama!" Maria kicked the front door of the computer store open. She was too anxious to be polite, "Mizuno-sama!"
"Oh? Oh! Maria-chan! Ready for your upgrade?"
"Hai!" Maria set her laptop on the desk. As Ami pulled out the upgrade supplies, Maria noticed a Sailor Moon poster on a wall nearby, "New Sailor Moon video game?"
"Huh? Oh, yes! It has a great storyline, following what most say is the real story behind the Sailor Senshis."
"Wow... You know who my favorite Senshi is?"
"Who?"
"Mercury." Ami twitched at the name at looked up at Maria.
"Why is that?" Ami asked hesitantly.
"Because she's the smartest!"
Ami breathed a sigh of relief. She was worried that Maria had made the connection between Sailor Mercury and herself. The genius had not seen battle for ten years, nor had she had any contact at all with the other Senshis. Thinking about it sometimes made her want to cry. Ami finished upgrading Maria's laptop and handed it to the excited young girl.
"Would you like a notice for when 'Sailor Moon: The Fight for Our Future' comes out?"
"Oh! Totally!" Maria hugged her laptop and made her way out the store. It was dusk when she left the store and headed home. Her mind was wandering all over the place. The trees looked so beautiful, the sun glistening off the bright green leaves and shimmered across the small puddles that had formed during a spring shower earlier that day. Everything was perfect, or so the young girl believed....

*~*Fin*~*

NQ Serenity: This is the end of Chapter Two.