Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Fairytales of the Stars ❯ The Fiery Eagle ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NQ Serenity: Welcome, friends of the moon, to Chapter Three: The Fiery Eagle. Within these pages we meet Brittani Allen and her Senshi Kouken, Sailor Mars.

***

A girl with blonde hair tied back in a lazy bun, dressed in a white and red gi dodged her black haired sensei. They had been training for almost three hours by this point and the pupil was tiring. As she stepped back to yawn, her sensei knocked her in the back of the head with the school's bokuto.

"Gah!" The girl cried, doubling over in pain.

"Brittani!" shouted her sensei, "You need to pay attention!"

"It's.. getting late." the girl coughed, scrambling for her day clothes, "My mom might get worried, and Hino-sama, please call me Britt."

Britt packed her stuff away, ignoring her sensei's shouts, and left. It was pretty late, the sun was far behind the trees and the stars would be out by the time Britt got home. She stopped before entering the gates in front of her front yard. Mars was really visible that night. It gave her a sudden surge of peace and power.

"BRITT!" the young girl sighed and walked in to her cousin laying on the floor infront of the TV, doing her homework, "You're really late today."

"Thanks for pointing it out, Lindsey." Britt mumured, tossing her bag on one couch and her body on the other. It had been about a year and a half since she had started taking lesson from Rei Hino. Miss Hino was always a tough teacher, but recently she was becoming increasingly intense, making her do twice the work in half the time and straining the teen girl's mentality into the wee hours of the night. Sometimes her parents worried that she was being over-worked, but Britt was dedicated to martial arts. Although she had a hard time adjusting to Japanese culture, the American girl felt right at home inside a dojo.

"Say, Britt." Lindsey yawned, closing her Algebra book, "Why do you like karate?"

"It's not karate..." Britt sighed, "Martial Arts helps you rely on yourself rather than what you have-"

"Like that 'the pen is mightier than the sword' heap?"

"Eh... in a sense..."

"Britt." Britt mother came down the hallway and handed her a letter.

"'Student Council?'"

***