Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess is Revealed ❯ Invitation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
 
A week had passed and everything was quiet, maybe to quiet. While the girls and Mamoru enjoyed the peace, Luna and Artemis were nervous for the next move from Diamond. They knew that he was planning something devilish. If he needed a week's preparation it had to be really bad.
 
“Usagi-chan, please listen to me! You have to be prepared for the worst. Diamond hasn't given up. He's planning something awful, I can feel it. Usagi-chan, are you listening to me?” Luna said and watched her charge closely. Usagi sat in front of her mirror, brushing her hair. Her face had a dreamy expression, and she was humming a song from the Silver Millennium. She carefully put her brush away and turned to her agitated cat with a sigh.
 
“Luna, please! I plan to enjoy the peace for as long as possible. Please don't destroy it? We have faced so many battles that I don't question peace anymore. I just enjoy it! What life would I be living, if I constantly worried about our enemies next move?”
 
“You would live through the next battle!” Luna said with a tired voice. “Please Usagi-chan! Listen to me!”
 
“But Luna! You and Artemis have searched through the city every night in search for clues. You haven't found a single clue as to what Diamond is planning. As far as we know, he isn't even here! I'm sure he is in the future! We just have to wait and see.”
 
“Usagi!”
 
“Luna, that is enough! We'll talk about this at the Senshi meeting tomorrow! Happy?”
 
“I'm thrilled!” Luna replied sarcastically.
 
“Sometimes you worry too much!” Usagi said lying down on her bed. “Goodnight, Luna!” She said and before her head landed on the pillow, she was fast asleep.
 
“And sometimes you don't worry enough.” Luna sighed and lay down beside her.
 
They were gathered at the Hikawa Jinja the next day.
 
“We need to figure out what Diamond's next move will be.” Luna said in an important voice.
 
“But Luna, how are we going to figure it out?” Usagi asked with a frown. “We haven't heard anything from him since I was saved from him.” The last was said with a shudder.
 
Mamoru gave her a hug. “He'll never touch you again, Usako. You have my word.”
 
“That's right. He'll have to go through all of us in order to get you!” Makoto said while cracking her knuckles. The others, besides Chibiusa, nodded their agreement.
 
“Mommy, why does he want you?” Chibiusa asked with a confused voice.
 
“Chibiusa, honey…….” Usagi frowned when she regarded her future daughter. She was uncertain how much she should tell her. After all, she was only five years old. “He's sick. He thinks my presence would make him better.”
 
“Would it?” Chibiusa asked.
 
“No, but as I said he's sick so he doesn't think clearly.”
 
“But why can't he spend some time with you in the palace? Why start a war?”
 
Mamoru regarded his daughter with a tender smile. “Honey, have you meet anyone who have been reluctant to borrow you something?”
 
“Yes, why?”
 
“Diamond wants your mother all to himself. He doesn't want to share her with anyone.”
 
“But mother has enough love and compassion to share with the entire planet. Everyone loves her! I'm sure that she has enough love to help Diamond too.”
 
“Diamond knows that she loves everyone and he's very jealous. He wants all that love for himself.”
 
“You mean that he would keep her to himself and not let either you or me to spend time with her?” Chibiusa asked with a shocked voice.
 
“I'm afraid so honey. As your mother said, he's very sick. He doesn't understand that that you can't force someone to love you and neither that you can force someone from stop loving someone.”
 
“I feel sorry for him.” Chibiusa said with a sad voice.
 
The others regarded her with shocked expressions.
 
“You feel sorry for a man that intends to take your mother away from you?” Makoto said with a confused voice.
 
“I feel sorry for a man that thinks that you can receive everything by using violence. I'm sure that he was raised that way, otherwise he would understand as I do, that love and compassion are two of the most important parts of life and that you should treasure them.” The five-year-old girl said with a serious voice.
 
“All right! I'm finally convinced that she really is your daughter Odango!” Rei said as soon as se had recovered from the shock.
 
“Why would you think that she isn't?” Usagi said with a confused tone.
 
“Well, she isn't a klutz. She seems smart….”
 
“REI-CHAN!” Usagi wailed.
 
“…and she doesn't wail!” Rei finished her sentence with a teasing grin. Her grin soon turned sour when she was smacked in the face by a pillow. “Ouch, Mako-chan!”
 
“What Rei was trying to say was that Chibiusa has the same pure heart that you have.” Makoto said.
 
“You feel compassion and love for everyone, including our enemies.” Minako continued.
 
“That is why you will be one of the best Queen's in Earth's history!” Ami finished with serious voice.
 
“Stop guys! I'm not that special!” Usagi said with an embarrassed expression.
 
“You're exactly what this worlds needs, Usako.” Mamoru said and kissed her on the check. “This world is starting to collapse because of greed. Greed creates people who are willing to kill each other in order to achieve their goals. Everyday people loose more and more of their innocence and compassion. They don't try making this world better anymore, they just adjust.”
 
“They have almost lost hope!” Ami said with a sigh. “Of course there are people who are trying, but they are too few to make a difference.”
 
“But what can I do?” Usagi asked with a confused voice.
 
“More than you think you are capable of, Usagi-chan.” Luna said with a tender voice. “If you only believe in your own powers, you will be able to create a Utopia.”
 
“Like Crystal Tokyo? Correct me if I'm wrong but that didn't look like a Utopia.”
 
“King Endymion told us why, Usagi-chan. Now we have a chance to correct it.” Artemis said with a cat grin.
 
“Yes, let us heal Diamond and the rest of the Black Family.” Usagi said with a smile, before the frown appeared again. “But how?”
 
“That's what we are here to figure out, Odango.” Rei said and tossed a pillow to Makoto's startled face. “Revenge is sweet!” She said when she saw Makoto's angry face.
 
“Back to our first question: what's Diamond's next move?” Luna said with a serious voice.
 
“I think he will try to kidnap Usagi-chan again. He's planning a trap.” Ami said and typed something on her computer.
 
“But how? He doesn't know her civilian identity or how old she is. So, how is he going to find her?” Minako asked with a frown.
 
“I don't know! But whatever it is, we have to be careful. He's very dangerous and he has had a week to prepare his trap.” Luna said with a tired sigh.
 
“You have to be prepared for anything!” Artemis said.
 
“That's all for today!” Luna said and with Artemis behind her she exited the room.
 
Usagi and Chibiusa returned home after saying goodbye to Mamoru and the girls. They had to say no to a shopping day at the mall because they had promised Ikuko to help her cleaning the attic.
 
“Like I had a choice.” Usagi muttered to herself.
 
“What did you say, mommy?” Chibiusa asked.
 
“Honey, please don't call me that in public. If the wrong person hears it, we could get in trouble.” Usagi said with a tender voice.
 
“Sorry Usagi-chan! But what did you say?”
 
“I was just complaining that we're stuck to clean the attic when we could have spent time with Mamo-chan and the girls.”
 
“Maybe it will be fun?” Chibiusa said and smiled.
 
“What will be fun with going through old stuff?” Usagi replied with a frown.
 
Hours later they were in the attic going through boxes. The cleaning had proved to be rather fun after all. Usagi found old dear items that she had missed, but it was the item that Ikuko found that startled both Usagi and Chibiusa.
 
“Usagi? Chibiusa? Look what I've found!” Ikuko said with an excited voice.
 
“Yes mother?” Usagi said and moved closer to see what Ikuko was so excited about. When she saw the item in Ikuko's hand her eyes widened in shock. “The tiara!” She blurted out and stared at the tiara that her older self carried instead of a crown.
 
Chibiusa stared in awe at her mother's tiara before a brilliant smile was visible on her lips. I've always wondered where my mother got the tiara from. It always seemed very special to her, but I thought it was because she got it from either Endymion or Queen Serenity. I guess I was wrong. She thought and almost chuckled when she regarded her future mother's shock.
 
“It's beautiful don't you think?” Ikuko asked. She thought that Usagi admired the beauty of the tiara. “It has belonged in the family for ages and is passed on from mother do daughter. When my mother passed it to me she told me that the tiara was fortuned to belong to a great ruler someday. I have always loved that legend. That would mean that one of my relatives is going to be of royal blood.”
 
“But…I…” Usagi stuttered.
 
“It's only a legend dear, but who knows maybe someday it will come true. But it's a beautiful tiara and it's perfect to wear at a ball or at one's wedding. And that reminds me! I think you're going to have use for it really soon.
 
“Huh?” Usagi asked with a confused tone. “I'm not getting married yet, mother!”
 
“I know silly! But our family has received and invitation to a grand ball next week.” Ikuko said with a smile.
 
“A ball?” Usagi squealed in delight.
 
“Yes, it's a huge ball, which is arranged by a new company called the Noir Group. Invitations have gone out to more than a thousand families. Including that of many of your friends at school.”
 
“But mom! What would I wear? I don't have a ball gown.” Usagi said with a depressed voice.
 
“Then we'll just have to buy one, don't we?” Ikuko asked with a smile.
 
“I need one to!” Chibiusa said.
 
“But Chibiusa! Aren't you too young to enjoy a ball?” Ikuko asked the child.
 
“No, I think it would be fun! And don't worry about me. I can behave! Please let me come?” Chibiusa asked with a pleading voice. Please let me come! I'm used to go to balls; after all I'm a princess!
 
“Very well then dear! Then this whole family needs formal clothes. Let's finish up in here and we'll look for clothes first thing in the morning.”
 
“Sounds great!” Usagi said and smiled.
 
When they had finished cleaning the attic, Usagi called her friends. “Have you heard about the huge ball next week!” She asked them.
 
“Yes, we have. It's too bad that we got the invitations after we got home from the mall. Otherwise we would be able to look for a dress today.” Makoto said.
 
“My family is going tomorrow! Why don't you come along?” Usagi asked with a smile.
 
“That sounds great, Odango!” Rei said.
 
“Yeah, I don't have anything to wear!” Ami said with a sigh.
 
“None of us have, Ami-chan! It's not everyday that you go to a ball. And I refuse to have the same dress as the last time.” Rei said with a sigh.
 
“This will be so fun. I hope that I find a white or pink dress in my size. I wonder what my size is? I seem to have grown a bit lately.” Usagi said with a sigh.
 
”Translation: You're eating too many doughnuts!” Rei said with a teasing smile.
 
“Rei-chan! That's not true! And besides I'm not getting fat or anything, I just grow!” Usagi said with a sigh, thinking of all the clothes that soon would be too small.
 
“Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow then!” Makoto said and was just about to sign off when Usagi interrupted her.
 
“Guys! Guess what my mother found in the attic today?” Usagi asked with a smile.
 
“No, tell us Odango!” Rei said with a curious voice.
 
“She found a tiara that has belonged in my family for ages!”
 
“So?” Rei asked in an irritated voice.
 
“It's the same tiara that Neo Queen Serenity wears!” Usagi said.
 
“What?” All the girls asked.
 
“And I'm going to wear it to the ball!” Usagi said with a smile.
 
“Then we just have to find a dress that matches it, Usagi-chan!” Minako said with excited voice.
 
“We'll see you tomorrow, Usagi-chan!” Ami said and sighed off.
 
“Bye!” The other girls said and they all signed of as well.
 
Usagi lay down on her bed with a smile. I wonder if Naru-chan is invited? I'm going to a ball! This is going to be so exciting! She thought.
 
Back in the future Diamond laughed to himself.
 
“She will be mine soon! This plan is perfect! Come to me Serenity, come to me!”