Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess is Revealed ❯ I don't know what to wear to the ball! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter four
 
 
Inside the store hung several gowns and tuxedos in different seizes and styles. A woman named Sekigawa Shizu greeted them in the store. She wore an elegant purple suit and had green hair in a braid and brown eyes.
 
“Welcome to my store!” She said with a bow. “I hope you'll find what you're searching for!” She said with a secretive smile.
 
“Thank you, we'll look around and see if we find anything!” Ikuko replied with a polite bow.
 
“Just let me know if you need help with anything. All dresses are handmade so you'll not find two similar dresses in this store. I believe that a ball gown is something very special, therefore I refuse to make two similar ones. All my dresses are unique and I believe that at least some of you'll find what you seek for here.” She said with a proud voice before she bowed once more and left them to welcome some new customers who had just entered the store.
 
“What a weird lady, mom!” Shingo said with a bored voice.
 
“Shingo, haven't I taught you some manners?” Ikuko asked in a stern voice.
 
“I was not being rude or anything. I was just pointing out that I found her a little odd, that's all.” Shingo defended himself with a pout.
 
“Dear, please believe me when I say that some things are best left unsaid.” Ikuko said with a sigh before kissing him on his forehead. Before Shingo could complain over the `disgusting' kiss he found himself being dragged towards the men's part of the store.
 
“Sometimes I swear that we can't be related!” Usagi said with a deep sigh.
 
“I don't know honey! You're more alike than you think.” Kenji said with a teasing wink before following his wife to the tuxedos.
 
“Come on Usagi-chan! Let see if we find anything to wear to the ball!” Minako said and dragged Usagi towards the nearest dress.
 
“I'll catch up with you later, Usako!” Mamoru said and followed Kenji to find a tuxedo. I already have one, of course. But I can't transform to Tuxedo Mask to access that one, the glamour would still be intact. We'll I can afford a tuxedo, that's not a problem. He thought with a sigh, as trying on clothes wasn't exactly his idea of a good day.
 
An hour later Usagi found herself in the dressing room, trying on what felt like the millionth dress.
 
“How's that one?” Minako asked with a tired voice.
 
“I'm not sure, Minako-chan! It doesn't feel right.” Usagi replied.
 
“You have said that about every single dress that you had tried on so far, Odango!” Rei sighed. “Maybe if you could tell us what you're looking for?” She suggested with a tired voice.
 
“I'm not sure what I'm looking for, Rei-chan! I just know that neither of the dresses so far has been IT!” Usagi replied with a sigh.
 
“Honey, have you found anything?” The muffled voice of Ikuko was heard behind a couple of dresses that she held in front of her as she headed inside a dressing room.
 
“I'm afraid that none of the dresses so far has suited your daughter's taste!” Makoto said with a tired voice from a chair outside Usagi's dressing room.
 
“Yeah, we have all found the perfect dress but I'm afraid that Usagi-chan is a little picky!” Minako said with sigh.
 
“What have you found girls?” Ikuko asked with a curious voice and looked over the dressing room's door to see the gowns that the girls held up.
 
It was a red, strapless, satin, a-line gown with golden details with a high split at side for Rei. For Ami a light blue dress with scoop neck, long, chiffon, trumpet sleeves, satin bodice with beading, and a long, chiffon skirt. Makoto held up a dark green, strapless, mock two-piece dress with a deep cut, corset bodice, and a mermaid-styled, taffeta skirt. Minako choose a gold/yellow dress with one shoulder triple spaghetti-strapped, and with heavily beaded bodice, which had a big and wide satin skirt. Chibiusa had a pink, spaghetti-strapped, halter-top dress with a pink, satin, bodice with crescents moons in gold and a full, silver, tulle skirt.
 
“They all look beautiful, girls. I believe that you will all look gorgeous in them!” Ikuko said with a tender smile.
 
“I'll look like a princess in this dress, don't you think Auntie Ikuko?” Chibiusa asked with pleading voice.
 
“Of course you will, Chibiusa!” You'll be the prettiest young lady at the ball.” Ikuko replied and smiled at her nice with love in her eyes.
 
“Have you found dresses that you like, girls?” Shizu asked as she stuck her head in to the dressing area.
 
“Well all the girls beside Usagi and me have found a dress.” Ikuko replied. “But I'm sure that I'll find a perfect dress among these that I have in the dressing room. But my daughter seems to have trouble to find a dress, I'm afraid.”
 
“You haven't found a dress you like?” Shizu asked Usagi.
 
“No, not yet I'm afraid.” Usagi replied with a sigh. “And I'm not sure what I'm looking for either! I think I want something in either pink or white but I'm not sure which style I would look best in.”
 
“Well, actually I think I have the perfect dress for you! It arrived yesterday and there for I haven't brought it into the store yet. I was planning to hang it in the window, but I think you'll like it. I'll get it for you so you can try it on. I think it's even the right seize for you as well.” She said and left the dressing area to bring the dress.
 
“Well, I hope that whatever she brings here will suit our spoiled princess in there.” Rei sighed and nodded towards Usagi's dressing room.
 
“Rei-chan, I'm not spoiled… ….and not a princess either…” She protested and almost forgot to add the last part of not being a princess. She gave Rei an angry gaze, but didn't say anything else because in that moment Shizu came back with a white dress hanging over her arm.
 
“Try this on! I'm sure that you'll look like a royal princess in it.” She said with amusement. When the girls starred at her with suspicious eyes she said: “Well, not everyone would look like a princess in this dress, but I'm sure that your friend will do it justice. After all she's a beautiful young lady, don't you think?” Her eyes sparkled with amusement and Rei was going to say something when a cry from the dressing room interrupted her.
 
“This is the ONE! This is the gown that I'll wear at the ball. It's perfect!” Usagi said in an excited voice.
 
“Finally!” Rei said with sigh. “I though that we were going to be stuck here forever!”
 
“Thank you for your help Shizu-san!” Ikuko said with a grateful smile. “And I believe that I'll buy the green dress that I just tried on.”
 
“Now come on out, so that we can see you!” Minako said in an eager, loud voice.
 
“Are everyone decent dressed?” Kenji asked from outside the dressing area.
 
“You can come in, honey.” Ikuko replied.
 
“What's the commotion in here?” Kenji asked as he entered the dressing area with Mamoru and Shingo just behind him.
 
“Well all of us have found the perfect dress to wear at the ball, but so far Usagi-chan haven't found a single one that she likes. Shizu-san was kind enough to get a dress that arrived yesterday and according to the excited voice of Usagi-chan a few seconds ago she loves it. Now the only thing we're waiting for is for her to come out so we can see her in it.” Rei explained and the last was said in Usagi's direction with an impatient voice.
 
“All right, Rei-chan! I get your point. I'm coming out now. But please call an ambulance for daddy, because he's going not going to like this dress.” Usagi said with a happy voice.
 
“Why won't I like it, Usagi? I mean you are far too beautiful for your own good as it is, I don't think…..”
 
Kenji never finished the sentence because Usagi choose that moment to leave her dressing room. She was clad in a long, flowing, white, mermaid gown. The dress was strapless with a low back with large bows that almost looked like wings. It had a trumpet skirt and a fishtail train. The top of the bodice was accented with crescent moons in gold both front and back. Down at both sides of the dress it was decorated with small silver roses.
 
"Strangely enough, whatever I was thinking of just went right out the window." Kenji murmured with a voice full of emotion.
 
“You look like an angel.” Chibiusa whispered. She looks like mommy! She thought sadly, missing her own mother even more than before.
 
“Thank you, sweetheart!” Usagi said and kissed Chibiusa on her forehead. If anyone would have looked closely they would have noticed crescent moons appearing briefly on both Usagi's and Chibiusa's forehead before disappearing again. But nobody noticed since they were to busy taking in Usagi's almost immortal beauty. Rei snapped out of it first.
 
“If you drool more, Mamoru-kun, I think we have to get a bib for you.” She said with a sarcastic voice as she noticed Mamoru's expression. He went pale and then flushed. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open. “What's the matter, Mamoru-kun? You look like a stranded fish!” She laughed but Mamoru was too stunned by his beloved's appearance to notice. When Usagi had left her dressing room the vision of her had caused him to stop breathing. A distant part of his brain noticed how similar the dress was to Neo Queen Serenity's but he couldn't think clearly. He couldn't do more than stare at her.
 
Ikuko turned away with a hand over her mouth to smother her his reaction.
 
“Maybe you should buy a gun, Mamoru-kun?” She suggested with a teasing grin.
 
“Uh? A gun? I don't understand what you mean? Why should I buy a gun?” He asked with a confused voice, not leaving his girlfriend's appearance with his eyes.
 
“I think you'll need one to hold the other guys away from Usagi.” Ikuko said in a serious voice.
 
“I guess you're right. She must be the most beautiful woman in this world.” He said with an emotional voice.
 
“In that dress I could not agree with you more. She looks like a true princess.” Shizu said with an amused voice.
 
Her voice caused the other girls to react and Shizu once gain found herself being the victim of four suspicious couples of eyes. She didn't say anything but her eyes indicated that she knew more than she should. All of the girls made a silent decision to look her up later. But right now they had more important things to do. They ran up to Usagi and fingered on the gown and talked in excited voices of how beautiful she looked. Chibiusa hugged her around the waist with a sob and Usagi lifted her up, immediately noticing that something was wrong with her future daughter.
 
“What is it, honey?” She whispered in her ear.
 
“You look like mommy. I miss her so much!” Chibiusa sobbed.
 
“I have promised you before that I'll save your mother and I promise you yet again that I will. Before you know it, your mother will be free and the Black Moon family defeated. Then you'll be able to go back to your own time again. But you must promise to visit us often, because I'm going to miss you dearly.” She said and ruffled Chibiusa's hair with tender fingers.
 
“I promise I'll visit you as often as I'm allowed.” Chibiusa answered and kissed Usagi on the cheek.
 
“Come here munchkin! We don't want you to wrinkle Usagi's dress.” Ikuko said and held out her arms to Chibiusa.
 
“I didn't wrinkle it.” Chibiusa pouted but let her be lifted from her mother's arms to her grandmother's.
 
“I know honey, but we haven't even bought it yet. I promise that you can hug your cousin later.” She said with a gentle smile.
 
“Mommy, are you saying that I can't buy this dress?” Usagi asked with a shocked voice.
 
“I just hope that we can afford it. It looks really expensive.” Ikuko said with a sigh.
 
“I'll give you a really good price for it.” Shizu said. “After all it's not everyday that one of my dresses fit one of my customers as well as today.”
 
“That's sounds great.” Ikuko said and the women left the dressing area discussing the price.
 
“I never thought I would say this, Odango, but you look beautiful.” Shingo said with a little blush.
 
“Thank you Shingo!” Usagi said with a smile and kissed him on the cheek.
 
“That's it! That was the last time I gave you a compliment if kisses are the rewards.” He muttered and left the dressing area. But if you looked closely you could see the proud smile that was visible on his lips.
 
“You look absolutely beautiful darling.” Kenji said with an emotional voice. “I'm proud to be the father of such a beautiful daughter.”
 
“Thank you, daddy!” Usagi said and smiled. “Does that mean that Mamo-chan and I can travel to the party together?” She asked with a hopeful smile.
 
“I guess you can!” Kenji said with a gentle smile that soon turned threatening. “But isn't she home by twelve, I'll kill you!” He said to Mamoru before leaving the dressing area.
 
“Your father needs to learn how to control his temper!” Rei said with a disapproving voice.
 
“Looks how's talking, PYRO!” Usagi said in a teasing voice.
 
“One more word and I'll not let that dress stop me.” Rei said with a threatening voice.
 
“Is that really the right thing to say to your leader and future Queen?” Usagi asked with a raised eyebrow.
 
“You're not Queen yet, and besides you're first of all my friend and friends argue!” Rei said with a teasing voice.
 
“Are they going to continue like this even after the forming of Crystal Tokyo?” Mamoru asked with a suffering voice.
 
“They'll never change!” Chibiusa said with a laughing voice.
 
“Do you mean that we have to put up with their behaviour the rest of our life?” Makoto asked with a suffering voice.
 
“Yes and you're almost immortal.” Chibiusa answered.
 
“Great, just great!” Makoto sighed but her face showed happiness nevertheless over many years with her best friends.
 
Suddenly though Usagi grabbed Rei and hugged her closely. Rei stood still with a confused expression on her face before automatically hugging one of her best friends back. “Usagi-chan, why are you hugging me all of a sudden?”
 
“I'm grateful that you promised to still treat me as a friend once I become the Queen of the Earth.” Usagi said with tears streaming down her cheeks.
 
“Of course we are going to treat you as a friend. Maybe not so much in public, but of course in private. Why? Where you afraid, that we were going to distance ourselves from you, just because you'll be our Queen?” Rei asked with a tender voice.
 
“Yes, I thought you were going to place me on some sort of pedestal and turning to some sort of unemotional bodyguards.” Usagi said with a sad smile.
 
“Of course not, Usagi-chan.” Minako said and dried Usagi's tears with her handkerchief.
 
“We'll always be your friends first, no matter what happens.” Ami said smiling.
 
“And besides, if we placed you on a pedestal, you wouldn't stand there for long, you would fall down in three seconds under one of your klutz attacks.” Rei said with a teasing smile.
 
“Mommy is loved by all in the future especially Daddy, the Sailor Senshi, and me.” Chibiusa said with a smile.
 
“Don't worry about it, honey. I'll always love you like the woman you are not the Queen you'll soon be.” Mamoru said and kissed Usagi passionately.
 
“If Daddy saw that, he would kill you!” Shingo said with a devilish smile as he came back to the dressing area. “Maybe I should tell him as a revenge for the kiss earlier?” He mused.
 
“If you as much as breath a word about this, the revenge will be more terrifying than you could image.” Usagi replied with a threatening voice.
 
“Empty threats!” Shingo said with an uncertain voice.
 
“Try me!” Usagi replied.
 
Just then Ikuko returned with a satisfied smile. “Usagi, change back to your normal clothes.”
 
“Are we buying the dress?” Usagi asked with a pleading voice.
 
“Yes, I managed to get a good price for it.” Ikuko said and laughed a second later when her daughter hugged her close happily.
 
“Thank you, mommy! Your the best!” Usagi squealed with happiness before disappearing into the dressing room to change back to her normal clothes.
 
They left the store a few minutes later with all their purchases. They never saw Shizu sad expression in the window. “I'm sorry for deceiving you, princess. But I had no other choice!” She said before transforming back into her sailor fuku and disappearing in to a time portal.