Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Showdown with Phantom Ganon ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
Once they got there, Jupiter realized it was locked too, but there was no way the small keys could opened it up. But that's when she noted that the Shape of the bid padlock was the same as the golden key they got from the oriented chest.
 
Link held it out. “Well, Jupiter, this is it.” Said Link. “Once we open this door, there's no way back out. It'll be all or nothing… US… against HIM.”
 
Jupiter's legs felt like they were going to give away. They were going up against Phantom Ganon… the most powerful, dangerous creature of the Temple.
 
“You okay?” Link asked.
 
“I don't know…” Jupiter answered. “But I didn't come all this way just to turn back at the last few feet.”
 
She put her hand on his. “Let's do it!” she said bravely. Link nodded and they guided each other's hands, holding the key up to the lock. “OPEN!!” Link shouted and in they went.
 
 
The Boss Chamber sure was darker than all the other rooms. Not too dark, but still pretty scary.
 
They climbed up the steps and up onto a giant platform ring surrounded by razor wire. Six identical paintings were placed along the walls. “Where is he?” asked Jupiter.
 
Link called out. “Alright, Phantom Ganon… Come on out! We found you!”
 
Suddenly, the entrance way to the ring was sealed off by giant steel-spikes. They were trapped in the ring, and suddenly, they felt another presence right behind them.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm!” that evil voice could only belong to one creature. “Yes… You found me; but you'll soon be wishing you hadn't!”
 
Link and Jupiter turned round and there he was sitting high up on the saddle of a black armored steed. “Mu, Ha, ha, ha, ha! Hero of Time, Sailor Jupiter… Prepare to meet your doom!!” he sniggered.
 
Evil Spirit from beyond: PHANTOM GANON
 
Phantom charged forward on his steed and in a flash of dark light rode right into the painting as if he were part of it himself. “Reh, heh, heh, heh, heh!”
 
Jupiter and Link pulled out their bows. “Well, there's no turning back now!” said Jupiter. “Let's get him!!”
 
Link nodded, and told her that they had to first dismount him from that horse. “Look, here he comes!” he said pointing up to one of the paintings. “GET HIM!!”
 
They fired their arrows wildly at him as he approached, but all he seemed to do was turn around and head back the other way. “Huh?”
 
Suddenly they both got hit from behind big a big blast of energy, and took it full force. “Ha, ha, ha… Too slow, kids!” Phantom chuckled and he vanished into another painting again. “Ru, Heh, heh, heh!”
 
Jupiter got back to her feet. “What just happened here?” she asked.
 
Link also got back up. “Here he comes again! Get ready!”
 
They saw him coming at them again and fired wildly, but the same thing happened again. He turned around, didn't get hurt and they got from behind by him.
 
Over, and over again, what they attacked, ended up attacking them from behind. “Ha, ha, ha… Oh, you're finished!” Phantom chuckled and he went behind the painting again.
 
“This has got to stop!” cried Jupiter. “WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG!!”
 
WHAM!! They got hit again, a few more shots in the right place, and they would have had it. Link looked up but what he saw confused him.
 
There were two Phantoms. One was just entering through a painting beside one where a Second-One just disappeared into the distance.
 
Then he suddenly remembered that Phantom Ganon himself was actually a ghostly creature, which could mean he had a way to clone himself. The fake one used to distract us, while the real one attacks from behind.
 
One of the two Ganon's was coming for them again. “Jupiter, wait…” said Link. “On my signal… turn around!”
 
Jupiter was confused. “Turn around? But Master he's coming right for--”
 
“JUST DO IT!!” Link bellowed.
 
Jupiter readied her bow and so did Link. “Die punks! Die!!” growled Phantom. Then suddenly the image turned around before it reached the edge of the painting.
 
“NOW!!” cried Link, they both whipped around like lightning and fired wildly at the Second Phantom, which in fact was the Real-One… and he did get damaged.
 
 
“ARGH!! You'll be wishing you hadn't done that soon!” he growled as he turned on his horse and galloped back in the other direction.
 
It didn't matter now, Jupiter and Link knew of his little trick, and now were able to tip the fight in their favor. They had three full-proof ways to find the Real-one from the Fake.
 
On way was: One of the two images would turn around before it reaches the edge of the Painting.
 
Jupiter fired and got the Real-One again.
 
Another way was: The Real-Phantom appeared to be more brighter, and illuminate to the false-one.
 
Link shot him again. “Alright, just one more good shot ought to get him!” he said. “Get ready!”
 
But either/or: There were two Phantoms, but only One was real and could fight back. Link and Jupiter looked at one of the two, each ensuring they couldn't miss him.
 
They shot at him again, and this time he fell of his horse and was forced to switch his battle strategy.
 
He levitated himself in midair clasping his staff. “Heh, heh, heh… Well done kids!” he said. “You were pretty sneaking in destroying my steed, but if either of you think you can really beat me… HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!.”
 
Link drew out his sword and Jupiter pulled out her Vine-whip. “We will destroy you Phantom Ganon.” snapped Link. “I beat you once before, and with Sailor Jupiter by my side, I will beat you again!”
 
“That's right!” added Jupiter, “You and your forest creatures have stolen your last bit of energy, and you will pay for your servings of evil!”
 
Phantom's evil smile only widened. “Ha! So much pretty speech and all… BEHOLD MY POWER!!” he roared. He whirled his staff over his head and fired a ball of energy.
 
“Let's Move!” cried Link and they rolled out of the way, and moved straight for him engaging in a sword, Vine-lash, and Staff combat.
 
But each blow either resulted in a Parry, or Painful blow from Phantom's Staff. “Bye-bye punks.” He sniggered and bashed them both backwards.
 
Link and Jupiter, weak but not beaten, got to their feet. “We're not giving up yet!” roared Jupiter. “Jupiter… I call upon your mighty power… bring bolts of lightning crashing down from the sky.”
 
“JUPITER THUNDER… CRASH!!”
 
All that lightning flew straight at him, but Phantom Ganon just whirled his staff around like a pinwheel, shielding him fro it's power, and sent it right back at the duo.
 
CRASH!! They were barely able to dodge that one.
 
“DAMN!!” cried Jupiter. “We're hitting him with everything we got… but it's just not working!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha… Too bad kids. Now, TAKE THIS!!” he fired another ball of energy straight at her.
 
“Jupiter get out of there!” called Link, but Jupiter was boxed into the corners of the ring. No where to run. “Hang on!”
 
Link leapt heroically in the path of the ball and struck it with his sword. Mysteriously, the ball flew straight in the other direction right back to Phantom Ganon.
 
“Eh? What the-- GARH!!” the ball struck him full force and he fell down temporarily stunned.
 
“Did you see that?” asked Link.
 
“Yeah… That's it!” cried Jupiter. “We may have used everything we got… but not everything he's got!”
 
“Right… right!” said Link “Now this is what we do…”
 
Phantom Ganon pulled himself together. “Ooh… trying to be the hero again, eh?” he growled. “Well let's see if you can hero your way out of this… HA!!” he fired another shot.
 
Instead of dodging it, Link just stood wear he was and deflected the magic back to Phantom with his sword.
 
“Hey… what, no way-- ARGH!!” he got hit by his own blast again and feel stunned to the floor.
 
“Get him Jupiter!” called Link, and Jupiter hoped over to Phantom Ganon and giving him a good whipping. She was able to lash him four times before he got back in the air.
 
 
“Still think you can get me with those silly vines of yours?!” he said angrily.
 
“GRR… Fight, now!” growled Jupiter.
 
“I don't fight… I annihilate.” replied Ganon “Now Take this… HA!!” he fired another shot. Jupiter deflected it back to him, and this time Link went in a hit him at least eight more times.
 
Now Phantom Ganon, just like the duo, was getting weak, but far from finished. The battle was coming down to the final blow, but who was going to make it, and who was going to get it
 
Phantom Ganon was puffing and panting, but he was still determined to win the battle. “Hmm, hmm, hmm… Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah… BRAH, HA, HA, HA, HA!!”
 
“Eh? What's that Skull-face laughing about?” said Jupiter.
 
“I must say… facing the two of you together has been an outright pleasure.” Phantom replied. “I don't think I'll ever have another battle quite like this one… such a shame.”
 
Neither Jupiter, nor Link knew what he was talking about.
 
Phantom whirled his staff over his head faster and faster, until it began sparkling like a flaring-firework. “Prepare for my most-powerful attack!!” Phantom roared. “SUPER GHOSTLY-STAFF… CHARGER!!!”
 
And he began charging at them like a speeding comet. It didn't matter if they dodged it or not, the impact was enough to shock anything. Even Link's shield couldn't defend them.
 
Jupiter and Link lay still on the floor.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha!! I did it!” chuckled Phantom Ganon. “I've won… AH, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!! But then he swore he saw the duo move and struggle to get u tot heir feet.
 
“You… haven't won yet… Phantom Ganon!” growled Link.
 
Jupiter stretched out and slowly got up. “I've never lost to evil's bane once, and I'm not starting now!” she said.
 
If Phantom Ganon had any real eyes, you can bet your boots they'd widen so much that they would fall out.
 
“How… How can this be?” he cried. “Nobody has ever taken a hit from my Staff-Charger and continue to fight.”
 
Jupiter and Link pulled themselves out of it.
 
“Hmm… I guess I've underestimated you.” He said, “I guess there's only one best way now to decided who'd better than who.”
 
If they could deflect his blast back at them, then he could repel it again, and again like a game of tennis. “We'll decided this in a term of fate. All or nothing.”
 
“Agreed!!” the duo shouted, and they stood their grounds.
 
“Good thing I was a pro at Tennis camp.” Said Jupiter.
 
They took their places at the most farthest ends of the battle ring, and Phantom readied the serve. “And here we go!” he roared as he summoned up the last of his power into a much larger ball of energy and fired.
 
Back… Forth… Back… Forth…
 
Over, and over again the duo and Phantom Ganon continued to deflect the energy ball back to the other side. Each hit, more forceful than the last.
 
But this only made the ball go faster, and faster, and hitting it becoming more and more difficult, but neither side was showing a sign of giving up.
 
A few minutes later, they were all ready to cave in. Ganon was puffing and panting in midair. Jupiter was beginning to feel her vine-whip to be rather heavy, and Link could barley keep his balance while holding his shield and sword.
 
“I… can't… keep this… up… much longer!” he panted after returning another shot.
 
Phantom Ganon repelled it.
 
“We can… do it.” Panted Jupiter. “We got to.” She summoned up what little strength she had left, and gave the ball a real good lash from her whip.
 
“You… You… are… DOOMED!!” roared Phantom Ganon. He raised his staff up to repel the blast but really couldn't find the strength he needed to bring it back down.
 
BAM!! He got hit. And this time he dropped his staff and it vaporized. “No! This can't be happening!”
 
Link and Jupiter smiled at each other, and even though neither one of them had the power to finish him off alone… That wasn't their plan.
 
They approached the fallen ghost. “Tell me!!” he groaned. “Tell me how you did this to me!!”
 
“Because we share something that evil-creeps like you would never understand.” Said Jupiter. “The power of teamwork!”
 
Link nodded. “Thanks to Jupiter's quick thinking, and my skills… we have found our way through the Forest Temple, and YOU Phantom Ganon are through!”
 
“NO!!”
 
Link held his sword up high and readied it as it glowed while Jupiter powered up the remains of her thunder.
 
“JUPITER… THUNDER…!!”
 
“SACRED… MASTER-SWORD…!!”
 
“…CRASH!!”
 
“…ATTACK!!!”
 
Jupiter's powered up the blade of the Master-Sword, like Sailor moon can combine her Moon-Tiara with other Sailor's attacks.
 
The sword glowed while emitting bolts and currents of the thunder as Link charged forward. “HAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!”
 
He leapt up and came crashing down…
 
SLASH!!!
 
A huge white flash followed by a soft explosion escaped from Phantom Ganon's body where he had been struck.
 
His body began burning up in a field of blue fire, and he was floating upside-down over the center of the ring where a purple vortex appeared.
 
“You have failed me for the last time, Phantom Ganon!” growled the voice of the Real-Ganondorf. “I hereby banish you to the gap between dimensions forever!! BE GONE!!!”
 
Jupiter and Link watched in horror at Phantom Ganon whimpering in pain as the remains of his body were being sucked into the vortex… and he was gone for good.
 
“And as for you two…” he replied at the duo, “Be warned… You may have destroyed my Phantom, but he was always the weakest of my minions. There may come a time when you'll have to face the real me… and when that happens…”
 
“It won't be quite so easy! HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!! AAH, HA, HA, HA, HAAAAAA!!!”
 
His voice faded out, and the vortex had vanished.
 
Meanwhile outside
 
Rei couldn't sit still another second longer, and this of course broke the firewall around the monsters.
 
Not to mention everyone else couldn't fight anymore. They used up far too much of their powers, and most of them had changed back into their normal street clothes.
 
“It's no good!” cried Serena. “We're history!”
 
For once, everyone seemed to agree with her. All the monsters now totaled well over 50, moved closer and closer… and the they stopped dead in their tracks.
 
“Huh? Hey, why did they stop?” asked Mina.
 
They monsters began whimpering in pain as they all disintegrated into piles of ashes. This of course could only mean one thing.
 
“Lita, and Master must have cleared the Forest Temple.” Said Darien. “They did it.”
 
“ALRIGHT!!!” everyone cheered.
 
Meanwhileback in the Temple
 
As soon as the battle was over, Link and Jupiter were somehow transported into the main hallway of the temple.
 
There in a tube of Green-Light a small young girl wearing green, even her hair was green stood. “Who's that?” asked Jupiter.
 
Link couldn't believe his eyes. “S-S-Saria… is that really you?” he cried.
 
His childhood friend smiled and nodded. “Yes, Link… but be warned that I am not really here. I am only speaking to you through the spirits of the Forest and am only here amongst the wind. I cannot hug or touch you.”
 
“Oh, Saria.” cried Link.
 
Jupiter could tell that this was deep. Then Saria cast her look upon her. “Sailor Jupiter, come before me.” She said.
 
Jupiter approached the Spirit cautiously.
 
“Jupiter, ever since I knew I was destined to become the sage of the Forest Temple, I knew that I could never live in the same world with Link.”
 
Link turned away, shyly. It was always hinted that Saria had secret feelings for Link, but because they were two completely different species, it just simple could not have meant to be.
 
Saria was a Kokiri, and that meant she could never ever leave the forest. or grow-up into and adult like Link, who was really a Hylian.
 
Just because Link was different from all the other Kokiri, Saria always stood by Link's side, and was truly his best friend in life.
 
She cast a look at Link. “I'll always be your friend, Link, no matter what happens.” She said. Link cast a sad yet soft smile at her as a sign of thanks.
 
Before she left she had something very special to give to Jupiter. She raised her arms up high, and down came another Medallion.
 
A green one with the symbol of the forest on it. “With this Medallion… I hereby dub you, Sailor Jupiter, as the new Sage of Forest. Keep my spirit with you, and continue to aid Link in his quest.”
 
The Forest Medallion magically floated up to Jupiter's chest, and faded right inside of her Saria vanished.
 
Link looked at his small stone-case, and an image of the Forest Medallion was now resting beside his light Medallion.
 
“Wow… I'm a sage now.” said Jupiter. “This is amazing.”
 
Link smiled at her. “I couldn't have done this without you Jupiter.” He said. “Come on, let's get out of here.”
 
They turned around to leave, but mysteriously a Stranger wearing Dark clothes, red eyes, and a muffler over his face was there. “Well done Hero of Time. Well done Sailor Jupiter.” He said.
 
Jupiter and Link were ready to draw their weapon when the man quickly held up his hand and said “You need have no fear of me, I am not your enemy.”
 
He walked up to the duo. “Just who exactly are you?” asked Link. Too bad he didn't notice that his Tri-force of Courage was resonating at this charcter.
 
“My name is Sheik… and I know many things about you, and that you are seeking a way to find and destroy Ganondorf.”
 
Both of them nodded. “Please, can you help us?” asked Jupiter.
 
“There is not much that can do to help you find him.” said Sheik, “I can however teach you of special melodies that will help you when the time is right.”
 
He motioned for Link to come forward and have his Ocarina ready. “Now listen very carefully Link…” he said.
 
“The flow of time is always cruel… it is different for every person… but no one can change it. A thing that does not dissolve over time, is a memory of younger days.”
 
Sheik then reached behind, and pulled out a small harp, “If you believe to what I am saying, play the Minuet of Forest.” He said. “And you must remember this tune as well Jupiter… as it will help guide you along the way.”
 
Sheik then played several notes in a row, and then it was up to Link to repeat the sequence on his Ocarina, which he did.
 
The two began playing the notes they played as minuet music magically flowed through the air. “Well played Link… you have learned the Minuet of Forest.” Said Sheik as he sheathed his harp.
 
“Master… that was beautiful.” Said Jupiter. Link turned to her and smiled, but when they both turned back to face Sheik he had disappeared and was nowhere to be found.
 
Link also had a funny feeling about that person. Even though they never met before, it seemed to him that Sheik reminded him of something from the past… or Someone, in particular.
 
Suddenly, a huge explosion was heard and the Temple began quaking madly as rocks fell down from the ceilings and the walls were caving in.
 
“Whoa… what's happening!” cried Jupiter.
 
“We better get out of here! This place is breaking up!!” cried Link. “COME ON!!”
 
They ran out of the main hall, through the tunnel back to the entrance, and ran outside.
 
 
The others had arrived on the scenes just in time to see the Forest Temple begin to collapse and vaporize.
 
“Look! It's Master, and Jupiter!” cried Amy as she pointed up.
 
“LOOK OUT BELOW!!” they called as they jumped for dear life from the ledge, and landed safely as the last of the Temple had vanished completely.
 
Link and Jupiter slapped high-fives, and propped each other. “WOO-HOO!!”
 
“WE DID IT!!” and everyone else broke into a warm cheer.
 
Meanwhile, in Ganon's castle
 
Ganondorf had already selected someone to replace Phantom Ganon, and continue to carry out his demands. “You… Volvagia, are my new head minion.” He commanded.
 
A Serpent-like Lava dragon's red eyes glowed from in the dark shadows. “Phantom Ganon was a fool.” He chuckled. “You can depend on me, My King.”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Everyone who had gotten attacked in the forest was now back to normal, but were ordered by their doctors and councilors to take the rest of the week off and rest.
 
Serena never felt so relived. “Gee Luna, after all that it sure feels nice to kick back and relax for a while.” She said.
 
“Oh, I agree…” said Luna, “This will give you a good chance to kick back… and study.”
 
Serena fainted out of anguish. “Awe, Study… come on Luna, a week off from school should be spent doing real things.”
 
“Oh, they should.” Said Link handing Serena her uniform. “You may have the week off from school, but not from work.”
 
Now Serena was really thinking of passing out in a daze. “You got to be kidding me.”
 
She got to work at the café nonetheless with the others, but Lita had stepped outside for a breath of air.
 
“Hey, you alright?” Link asked.
 
Lita told Link that she was still amazed at all the things they had accomplished, “I'm just not sure of how to be a good sage, I mean I've never done it before.”
 
Link smiled at her. “Hey, don't let it bother you.” He said. “I know you'll make a great Sage of Forest for me, as you are a fine Sailor Scout, and a good friend and Employee.”
 
Lita smile back, “Thanks, Master… I'm glad to be a part of the team.”
 
Link was glad to have her too. “Now, come on, let's get back to work.”
 
“Heh, heh… Yes, boss.”
 
Thanks to the power of teamwork, Lita and Link have obtained the Forest Medallion and have successfully cleared the first of the Five Temples. With the other Four still scattered throughout Tokyo, Link's quest has only just begun.
 
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
 
Link: “Lita really came through to help me. I could never have made it without her help, and that's what teamwork is all about..”
 
Amy: “Yes, Teamwork can happen in all types of fields. A school project where you work in partners…”
 
Rei: “Or even performing difficult chores that One alone couldn't possibly accomplish.”
 
Lita: “Some people don't believe in teamwork though, and try to get things done all at once their own, but that's usually why sometimes things go wrong.”
 
Serena: “Even if you try to deny it, the truth is that everyone needs help once in awhile, grown-ups too.”
 
Mina: “Just trust in teamwork, and it will always come through for you.”
 
(Songfrom Karaoke Café. Sung by Link, and Lita. Played by, and chorus sung by the others.)
 
(Rap style)
 
(Link)
 
Well, I'm used to working solo,
When
I don't, they shout, “Oh no
He's trying to throw loyal fans a curve!
 
(Lita)
 
What'ya doing that for, it's never been before?
Man,
you sure got a lot of nerve!"
 
(Link)
 
Well, I'll tell you why here, when I'm alone I can fear,
That working alone is all wrong!
 
(Lita)
 
“Uh-huh…”
'Cause there are some things that you, all alone can never do
And the point of this rapping song!
“Is…”
 
(All, Lita and/or Link in brackets)
 
Teamwork, Hey!
(Oh Boy) It's the way.
(Oh and) Off it'll pay.
(`Cause we love) Teamwork, Hey.
(We love it) It's a rule,
(Welove it) and it's cool.
Aaaaaaah(It is the best way)
Try some Teamwork, Hey!
 
(Link)
 
I promise that when, you try it then,
You can do more than you could
.
 
(Lita)
 
Your accomplishment, will be time well spent
and it feels ever so good!
 
(Link)
 
Want to lift up a chair,
and bring here to there
But it's far too heavy for you.
 
 
(Lita)
 
You're going need an extra pair, of hands to help you there
Gee, the joys of teamwork are true.
“Yo…”
 
(All, Lita and/or Link in brackets)
 
Teamwork, Hey!
(Oh Boy) It's the way.
(Oh and) Off it'll pay.
(`Cause we love) Teamwork, Hey.
(We love it) It's a rule,
(Welove it) and it's cool.
Aaaaaaah(It is the best way)
Try some Teamwork, Hey!
 
(Link)
 
So now you can see, that it's plain as can be
Of what teamwork can really do.
 
(Lita)
 
I guess you are right, gee what a cool sight,
We're a team both me and you.!
 
(Link)
 
So the next time that, you are a lone cat
And you've a task that's hard to get done
 
(Lita)
 
Think of what we just said, and get it though your head.
That Teamwork is Number-One

(All, Lita and/or Link in brackets)
 
Teamwork, Hey!
(Oh Boy) It's the way.
(Oh and) Off it'll pay.
(`Cause we love) Teamwork, Hey.
(We love it) It's a rule,
(Welove it) and it's cool.
Aaaaaaah(It is the best way)
Try some Teamwork, Hey!
 
Aaaaaaah(It is the best way)
Try some Teamwork, Hey!
 
Aaaaaaah(It is the best way)
Try some TEAMWORK… HEY!