Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part One: Enter The Fire Temple. ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
 
Link was going over the final details before he and Rei set off to tackle the Fir Temple.
 
The Fire Temple was much longer than the Forest Temple, or any of the other Dungeons they'd ever cross paths with.
 
The heat was so intense that you could turn a whole loaf of bread into burnt toast in 30 seconds just by holding it in the air without even taking it out of it's bag.
 
The Zero Barrier line for the others to not cross was the bottom of them well. Only Link and Rei, once they transformed would be able to withstand the heat of the temple.
 
“Now, if we can just find the source of the Temple and shut it down, then it should cool down up here.” Link said. “Now Rei… this Temple is long, and it's hot. It has shallow pools of lava, we can walk in them, but keep your armor on so you can take the heat.”
 
“You think you can handle it?”
 
Rei bowed her head. “I will not let you down, Master.”
 
Link nodded his head. “As for the rest of you, stay alert, things could get ugly here while were gone. Just keep everyone away from the well.”
 
The others agreed to his terms and with that settled… it was time.
 
 
They all met outside the well. “Ready?” asked Link.
 
“Master… I was born ready.” Answered Rei. “MARS STAR POWER… SAGE OF FIRE!!” She changed into Super Sailor Mars.
 
“ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!” Link changed into his true form, and before he finished changing. “HEAT RESIST, ACTIVATE!!” and his Tunic and his cap became bright red.
 
“Wow, Master how did you do that?” asked Serena.
 
“I have more than one Tunic.” Link said with a smirk. “This one will protect me from the heat in the Fire Temple, and other hot various places.”
 
“But don't get too attached to it. Green's still the color for me.”
 
“Point taken.” said Lita. “Good luck you two.”
 
Link and Mars nodded before they leapt down into the well. Because they were transformed the heat wasn't almost as bad but it was only the beginning.
 
There was the entrance up ahead. Link and Mars nodded to each other. “Okay… let's go.” Link said softly and in they went.
 
Meanwhile, in Volvagia's Lair
 
He was watching them enter through the powers of the fire. “Excellent. Everything is going according to plan, Ha, ha!” he sniggered.
 
“The kid and his Sailor Friend have entered the temple, and the traps are already laid out. I will show them all who truly is the master of all fires. Hoo, hoo, hoo, ah, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
To bad Volvagia was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't realize that Morpha was watching him from his own secret lair.
 
“And once you deal with those two Volvagia…” he said under his breath. “I shall deal with you! Heh, heh, heh!”
 
 
FIRE TEMPLE
 
The music was more mysterious than the music in the Forest Temple, and the sound of monks singing was a little creepy.
 
Mars gazed around the entrance hall. “Wow.” Was the first word to escape her lips. “This sure is a big room.”
 
Then she heard the sound of bats screeching overhead. She looked up and saw two flying black bats who were, literally, on fire. “Uh… Master… what are those?”
 
“They're Fire Keese, Mars. Clever as the are, but very pesky creatures. Best to stay clear of them.”
 
Mars nodded. “So… where do we start?”
 
From the start of the temple, they went up the stairs and went over to a heavy metal door on the left side. Mars grabbed the knob and it sure felt hot to the touch, even with her gloves on.
 
They entered the room and Mars found it to be even hotter there than was outside, and no wonder too. There were shallow lava pools and hot pillars everywhere. “Gosh, it's hot in here.” She moaned.
 
“You better get used to it, Mars.” Said Link. “Everything in here is hot. Why else do you think it's called the Temple of Fire?”
 
They both looked on ahead at the other side of the room. There was a giant door with a big golden padlock on it, just like Phantom Ganon's chamber. “Well, at least we found the boss room already.” said Mars.
 
It was true they did find it, but even if they had the boss key, which they did not. The door was much too far away from all the ledges and too high up to reach.
 
“We should look around some more.” suggested Link, “We may find something that can help us.”
 
Mars suddenly saw a switch on the left side of the room near a cage. “Hey, maybe this can help us.” She said as she pressed on the switch and the cage opened revealing a small chest inside.
 
Link opened the chest not only to find a Small Key, but also a small slip of paper. “Hey, it's a clue… about the Fire Temple.” He said.
 
“What's it say?”
 
Clue One:
 
In order to get to the room where the Boss lurks, you need to do something about the pillar stuck in the ceiling. Find a path that leads to a room above the ceiling.”
 
Mars and Link turned to the ceiling where indeed a very long large pillar was dangling neatly over a perfect resting place for it in the lava. “Well… that answers one thing.” Said Mars.
 
Seeing as how there was nothing more to do, the exited the room, crossed back into the entrance hall and went through to the next room on the right.
 
“Swell… more lava.” Said Mars.
 
Link rolled his eyes. “Come on, this way.” He said leading her across a small slope at the edge of the lava, they made their way across to the right side of the room and enter a room with another cage in it.
 
This time, Mars grabbed the Key and the second clue from the chest.
 
Clue Two:
 
A wall that you can blow up will sound different than a regular wall if you strike it.”
 
“This could be helpful.” Mars said as she stuck the note into her suit. They were keeping the clues in case they would have to refer to them any future along the temple.
 
The exited the room and then decided to check on the far end of the lava pit. “Why don't we just hop along the floating tiles?” said Mars. “We'd get across much faster.”
 
“No, Mars! Wait!” but she had already leapt onto the first tile which began to quiver and sink under her weight. “WHOA!!” she jumped off just before she fell into the hot lava.
 
“Mars, you have to remember, traps could be lurking anywhere in this place.” said Link. “Now, follow me, and do as I do.”
 
He leapt up onto the tile himself, and as soon as the tile began to sink he leapt over onto a small solid rock that didn't sink. Mars followed him, but Link stopped her again before hoping to the next tile.
 
“What are we doing?”
 
“Shh.” Link slowly pulled out his sword. “Don't move.”
 
Mars stood as still as she could and then… POP… a giant flaring skull, a Fire Bubble it was called, sprung right out from the lava and dove straight at them.
 
Link quickly hacked at it with his sword and destroyed it. “Watch out. These guys could be anywhere.” He said, and so he and Mars continued forward, hopping from one tile to the next.
 
Once they reached the far side of the room, all the found was nothing more than a blank wall. “Great, dead end here.” said Mars.
 
But Link wasn't as sure as he stared at a certain part of the wall. “Mars, look at this.” He said. It appeared that only a single part of the wall where they stood was slightly off color from the rest of the wall.
 
Suddenly, Mars remembered something. “The second clue, it told us about false walls.” She said. “Try hitting it with your sword.”
 
Link agreed to the terms. He struck one part of the wall, and both of them heard an everyday clanging sound of the blade hitting the solid rock. “Seems real enough.” said Link.
 
Then he hit the off-colored part of the wall, and the sound was indeed different; more of a hollow type of clanging sound.
 
“Did you hear that?” asked Link. Mars nodded then she felt along the off-colored part and realized. “This wall… it's made of plaster.”
 
“Right, here.” Said Link as he placed an unlit bomb by the wall. “Would do the honors?” he asked. Mars stepped up and used the teeny-tiniest portion of her fire power ever to light the fuse.
 
“Take cover!” she said.
 
They moved back a feet and ducked behind Link's shield. The bomb exploded with a soft bang, and when the dust settled the wall was gone and a door was revealed.
 
“All right.” cried Mars. “Guess that did it.”
 
Link placed his shield back on his back side. “I'll check it out... you wait here.” said Link. It only took him a few seconds to come in and out with another key and another clue.
 
Clue Three:
 
“There are switches in the temple that you have to cut to activate, but can also try using explosives too.”
 
“It's not much to work with, but it's something.” said Link. “Although, it sure would be easier if we had a map to work with.” added Mars
 
The only choice they could see was to head over, cross the bridge and unlocked their first chained door. Once inside the next room they slid down a wooden plank, right through a wire-fence.
 
“Great, no way out.” said Mars. “Now what're we supposed to do?”
 
Suddenly, a giant geyser of fire began spouting up behind her. She jumped out of the way just in time. “What the heck is this for?” she asked.
 
Link looked up and saw a square tunnel in the ceiling. “I'll bet it has to do with getting us up there.” he said. Then he saw something. “And I think I know what it is.”
 
He grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the fence. “Yeah, We should be able to climb this.” he said and he went on up the fence. “Come on, Mars! Come on!”
 
She rolled her eyes and joined him in the climb. When they reached the top, about three Keese were disturbed from their sleep. “Hah… I'll fix these guys no problem.” said Mars.
 
“MARS FIRE IGNITE!!”
 
The flares did hit the bats, but it didn't destroy them. It actually turned them into Fire Keese. “Oops!”
 
“Fire can't destroy them Mars. You have to take them out physically.” said Link and he quickly made short work of the bats before things got ugly.
 
“Just keep in mind the old distance rule.” replied Link. “You don't bother them, they don't bother you.”
 
“Thanks, I'll remember that.” said Mars.
 
Link then lead her to a large stone block which they worked together to push off the edge so it covered up the flaming geyser on the ground. “I hope this works.” Link said.
 
They waited a moment, and the geyser began to send the block up through the tunneling in the ceiling like an elevator. “Well, nowhere to go now but straight up.” said Mars.
 
They waited until they block came back down, and held hands. “One… Two… Three… NOW!!” and they leapt onto the block and got their free ride to the next locked door.
 
Upon entering the next room, it was finally beginning to cool down a bit the further they got from the lava pits. “Whew, this is much nicer. It was like an oven down there.” Said Mars. “Well don't get too used to it. Still a long way to go yet.” added Link
 
There was another cage and a small chest they could see, but no matter where they searched, they could seem to find a switch to open it up.
 
“Hey, what's that up there?” asked Mars. They both looked up and saw a weird looking crystal.
 
“Hey, I recognize that.” said Link. “That's a crystal switch, the kind the third clue mentioned.”
 
“Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go for it.” said Mars and she began climbing up onto the first ledge only to be surprised by a creature called Torch-slug. “Ha, not this time ugly.” She said as she aimed her bow at the slug.
 
She fired, and it did have some effect. It didn't destroy the slug, but it did put out the flare on it's back so she could just squish it down by foot. “Well, I guess that was easy.”
 
Link shook his head. “Oh, Mars.” He said. “You still have much to learn.”
 
They both joined up and jumped across the until they reached the switch. “Stand back!” Link said as he pulled out his sword and hacked the switch.
 
The switch activated, but strangely it didn't open the cage, but lowered a small wall of fire around a fence-wall just on and up ahead at the top.
 
“Well that didn't do much.” said Mars. “Or did it.” added Link.
 
Suddenly, the switch deactivated all by itself, and the firewall around the wall blazed up again. “Wait just a minute.” said Link. He hit the switch again and the firewall went down. “You think were supposed to head up that way?” asked Mars.
 
“Only one way to know.” said Link “Come on.” They just made it up the first of the two ledges leading to the wall… when the fire came back again.
 
“I think we need to get just a little faster.” said Mars. Link wasn't so sure of that, but they tired it anyways. They hit the switch, and ran to the wall, and barely started to climb up before it came back and knocked them off.
 
“Okay. That was a pretty bad idea.” Mars said as she got up, but then she got another idea. “Master quick, pass me a bomb.” She said.
 
“Sure, but why?”
 
“Never mind now, just get ready to climb.”
 
She walked over to the edge until she could spot the switch. She lit the bomb and tossed it down. Then she quickly dashed back to Link as the bomb exploded and caused the switch to activate.
 
“Ah, I see.” Link said as the firewall went down giving them plenty of time to climb high enough to exit. “Good thinking, Mars.”
 
“Those clues really do come in handy.” She smirked.
 
But regardless of how many clues they had found by far, the Fire Temple still showed no end in sight, and only traps and puzzles more confusing than ever.
 
How long it just may be? And when exactly will they reach the end, If they reach it? Only time will tell us.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Man, the Fire Temple sure is one hot place. But even though sometimes we don't want it around, heat is really so important to us.”
 
Rei: “Yeah, it helps us cook our foods, warm us up when we get too cold, and sometimes it even helps soothe aches and pains we get in our bodies.”
 
Lita: “Can you just imagine how difficult it would be for us to not live with as much heat as we have today? It certainly wouldn't feel great.”
 
Serena: “Still it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to heat. If you play with fire, you will get burned.”
 
Amy: “Heat is very important to us, and to all living things too. Even the cold-blooded animas need heat once in a while.”
 
Mina: “Just remember how really important heat is. Handle it with respect and not to underestimate what it can do.”
 
(SONG: Live from the beaches..)
 
(Everyone)
 
Ole ole - ole ole / Ole ole - ole ole
 
(EE-Yessa Ha-ha)
(Ee-yes girls)
 
(Link)
 
Me mind on fire -- Me soul on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot
(Rei)
 
Party people -- All around me feeling hot hot hot
 
(Link)
 
What to do - On a night like this
 
(Rei)
 
Music sweet - I can't resist
 
(Both
 
We need a party song - A fundamental jam
 
(Everyone)
So we go rum-bum-bum-bum
Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum
Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - oh Lord
 
(me la la la lum bum bum)
 
(Link)
 
See people rocking -- Hear people chanting -- Feeling hot hot hot
 
(Rei)
 
Keep up this spirit -- Come on let's do it -- Feeling hot hot hot
 
(Link)
 
It's in the air - Celebration time
(Rei)
 
Music sweet - captivate your mind
 
(Both)
 
We have this party song - This fundamental jam
 
(Everyone)
 
So we go rum-bum-bum-bum
Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum
Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - Oh Lord
 
Ha-ha
 
Ole ole - ole ole / Ole ole - ole ole
Ole ole - ole ole / Ole ole - ole ole
 
(EE-yes girls)
 
(Link)
 
People in the party - hot hot hot
(Rei)
 
People in the party - hot hot hot
(Link)
 
They come to the party know what they got
 
(Rei)
 
They come to the party know what they got
(Both)
 
I'm hot -- You're hot -- He's hot -- She's hot
 
(Everyone)
 
I'm hot -- You're hot -- He's hot -- She's hot
(Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot)H
a-ha-ha - Oh Lord
 
How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)
(Hot hot hot)(Hot hot hot)
(Hot hot hot)(Hot hot hot)