Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part Three: The Megaton Hammer ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
 
Mars and Link entered it and found themselves in yet another room with a wire-fence and a flame firing around it's base, and the crystal switch was right beside them. It was much to low and far away to hit and run.
 
But of course, that's not what they planned to do. First the actually made it up to the fence, and then dropped a bomb onto the switch,, allowing them to douse the flame and get up the fence before the fire came back. “Piece of cake.” Said Mars as they headed into the next room.
 
This room sure did have a wild set up. A very long, and very narrow pathway leading up and around over to a large chest surrounded by a firewall.
 
“There… that floor-switch.” said Mars. “I bet that'll stop the fire.”
 
“No, Mars. Wait.” said Link. “I have a feeling this is going to be another one of those trigger things.”
 
“Hey, you could be right.” said Mars. “How about if I stay here and you go up there, then call for me to hit the switch.”
 
“Good thinking.” Said Link, and he was off racing up the pathway. Finally he freaked the chest. “Okay, hit it!” he called down.
 
Mars hit the switch, and when the fire around the chest went down there was that beeping sound again. “Ha-ho… not this time.” Link said as he opened the chest. “Oh… YES!!” he cried. “YES, YES, YES!!”
 
Mars wondered what got him so excited.
 
Link hopped back down to Mars and he was holding two huge, long hammers. He obviously had copied the original one and held out the other one to Mars.
 
She found it a little hard to hold it up, but she got the hang of it. “Wow, cool. What is this, Master? Is it another one of your little gadgets?” she asked excitedly.
 
“This is the Megaton Hammer.” answered Link. “And I guess you could call it that.”
 
Link told her, that the hammer was a very powerful weapon. Almost even as powerful a sword. It could be used to smash and break up all kinds of junk, and Mars could even use it for a hand held weapon now in addition to her fire attacks.
 
“Want to test it out?” Link asked playfully.
 
Mars nodded. Then Link directed her attention to a small square pillar in the floor which was actually the way hey had to go to exit and continue. “Go ahead.” he said.
 
Mars gave the square a huge smash with her hammer, causing it to quiver and drop down. “Whoa… heavy duty.” She said.
 
“It will come in handy.” Link said. Then they both jumped down through the hole, and found that the next door they were after was hidden behind a sort of Tiki statue.
 
They tried to lift, and push it aside, but that statue was like trying to move a hippo on an elephant. “Ah… this isn't working. We can't budge it an inch.” said Mars.
 
“And this is Sacred-stone too. It's much to solid to blow up with a bomb.” added Link, but then he and Mars had an idea.
 
They grabbed out their hammers. “Ready?”
 
“Ready.”
 
They each took a big swing and bashed away the statue revealing the door behind it. “Don't mess with the hammer team.” said Mars.
 
They entered through to the next room to be confronted by two Stalfos. “Whoa, talk about the welcoming committee.” said Link.
 
“I'll handle this.” said Mars. “MARS FIRE IGNITE!!”
 
The Stalfos were crisped. “Well done, Mars.” said Link, “You're getting stronger and wiser everyday.”
 
Mars shot him a wink. “You got to love it.” Then she checked the map. “Let's see… it says here there's supposed to be a staircase right here. But where is it?”
 
“I think I know where.” said Link. He took his hammer and smashed the small pillar at the foot of the ledge causing the stairs to actually drop and fold out. “Just as I thought.”
 
The traced their way down the steps to a barred up door with a blue floor switch. Mars pressed on it, and the bars went up, but as soon as she stepped off the switch that bars slammed down again.
 
“Hey, what happened?” she asked.
 
“Wait a minute.” said Link. He pressed his foot on the switch, the bars went up, and as soon as he took his foot away the bars came down again. “This switch… it must be a trigger.”
 
He told Mars about these blue switches and how just pressing on them wouldn't work. They required something to be weighed on them to keep them activated.
 
Since the both had to go through the door, that meant neither one of them could just stand on the switch like that. “Wait… I have an idea.” said Mars, and she traced back up the steps.
 
She came back hold one of the crates that they had reluctantly passed. “This ought to hold it down.” She placed it down onto the switch and it was indeed heavy enough to keep the switch activated.
 
“Great move, Mars.” said Link.
 
“It's all in the wit.” smirked Mars.
 
The walked through the door, and found another square pillar in the floor. “Match you for it?” said Mars. The played Rock, Paper, Scissors and Mars one.
 
“Darn.”
 
Mars took out her hammer and bashed the square in the floor, only this time the drop was a little higher than the last. “Hmm, it's not that high.” Link said. “Remember what I told you about jumping from high heights?”
 
Mars nodded. “Roll on the ground to break my fall.” she said. Link nodded. “Good. Okay, let's go.” And they both leapt down through the hole, and had a safe landing.
 
“Hey, look up there.” said Mars.
 
The pillar had dropped down allowing them to use it to reach an upper platform to reach the upper ledge were a barred door was.
 
They climbed up to the door, but when they tried to press down on the switch, it didn't budge at all. “Let's try it together.” said Mars, but the switch still didn't even jiggle.
 
It was then noted of all the rust on the switch. No wonder it wouldn't budge. It was rusted tight. Their weight alone was not strong enough to activate it.
 
“There must be some way we can pound this thing into the ground.” said Mars.
 
“Pound?” Link asked himself, then it hit him. “Pound. Of course.”
 
“Master?” asked Mars as she saw Link whip out his hammer and pounded the switch successfully into the ground causing the bars on the door to rise up.
 
“Heh. What do know. It worked.” replied Mars.
 
The entered the door, and found themselves in an upper section of the room with the closed cage. The Ledge on the opposite side of theirs was much too far away to jump to.
 
“Now what'll we do?” asked Mars.
 
Link then spotted a blue block with the Door of Time's symbol on it on the other ledge. Then he remembered the sixth clue.
 
“If you see a place you can't reach, try playing the Ocarina of time.” He said. “That's it!”
 
He got out his Ocarina, and played the Song of Time. The blue block shifted over, from the ledge to down on the floor.
 
“Master, you did it.” said Mars. “And look… there's a switch on the other end, and I'll bet it opens the cage.”
 
She hopped on the block then up to the rusty switch, gave it a pound with her hammer, and the cage did open. “Oh yeah… I'm good.” Mars bragged.
 
Link rolled his eyes.
 
They gathered they key from the chest, and an eighth clue.
 
Clue Eight:
 
“A door is hidden behind the statue at the entrance to this temple, but blowing it up will not work. You must use something stronger.”
 
“And something stronger we do have.” said Link. They climbed back up and went out the way they came in.
 
Mars checked the map. “Hmm… this is weird.” She said. “According to this, this is the highest level in the entire Temple, and there's a tunnel that leads all the way down to--”
 
“Mars, look at this.” said Link.
 
He lead her to a very, very long, large pillar that was stuck on the top ledge. “Look down, through this wire-fence.” He said.
 
“Whoa! That's the exact same room we explored first.” said Mars. “And this thingy here… it must be the pillar the first clue told us about.”
 
They climbed up to the top of the pillar. “All right, let's get pounding.” said Mars. They whipped out their hammers and pounded several times, but the pillar barley even budged.
 
“No, no, no, no! Let's do it at the same time.” Link Suggested. “Ready? NOW!!” They raised their hammers over their heads and slammed hard on the pillar.
 
The pillar began to quiver. “Yeah! We did it.” cried Mars, but then they both realized they were still standing on the pillar over a 200 yard drop below them.
 
“We did it?” they said, and they fell through the floor right along with the pillar. “WHOOOAAA!!”
 
Down, down they went, and this was defiantly a fall that rolling would not break. “Master!!” cried Mars as they plunged lower.
 
“I have an idea!!” cried Link. He drew out his sword and hammer, making him heavier and drop down faster that he caught up with hat pillar so his landing would be safe.
 
The pillar fell perfectly into place and Link was okay. He then stuck out his arms. “Come Mars!!” he called up to her as she fell hard, yet safely into his arms.
 
“You okay, Mars?” He asked.
 
Mars was hyperventilating. “Physically, yes. Emotionally… I'll never be the same again!” she cried.
 
She then looked in her hand, and found it empty. “Oh no!” she cried. “Where's the--?”
 
Suddenly there it was floating gently down from the pillar and into the hot lava. “No! The Map!!” she cried.
 
Link grabbed her before she foolishly jumped off the pillar. “It's gone, Mars.” said Link. “Just let it go.”
 
Even still, they were nearing the end of their mission. With the pillar now secured into place, they could hop all the way across to the Boss-door, but they still had yet to find the Big Key to open it up.
 
“Well, the compass shows a large unopened treasure chest near here.” said Link, “But without the map we have no way of knowing where this room is.”
 
Mars held her head low.
 
“Oh, cheer up Mars. It wasn't all your fault.”
 
“Yes it was.” Mars said. “Master, you entrusted me with looking after the map and I failed you. So it's up to me to make up for my failure.”
 
With that she hopped across to the smaller door. Link didn't know weither to feel shocked or amazed at the attitude Mars had shown him, but one thing he defiantly was, was proud.
 
“Such honor she holds.” He said to himself. “Now that is a true warrior.”
 
 
They traced back to the entrance-hall of the Temple, and just as the eight clue told them. There was another Tiki statue, and it was covering up a locked door.
 
They bashed the statue away with heir hammers and entered the door. Fire Keese and Torch-slugs were everywhere. “AMBUSH!!” cried Mars.
 
They dodged the bats, and evaded the slugs. “I have an idea.” Link said, and he pounded the ground with his hammer. The shockwave caused all the slugs to lose their flames and flip over on their backsides which prevented them from moving.
 
The perfect chance to slice, to dice, and make cold cuts out of those beasts. “That was easy.” said Mars.
 
But she spoke too soon from when they entered through to the next room and they found several panels on the floor rise up and begin spinning right for them. “Watch out!” Link called and they evaded all the panels.
 
“I take it back.” Mars said as she sat down on something soft to catch her breath.
 
Link looked towards her and saw the soft thing start to move. “MARS!!” he yelled. “MARS GET OFF THAT THING!!”
 
“Huh? WHOA!!” but the soft goop actually turned into a big goopy monster that sucked Mars up into it's mouth. “Master!!”
 
“That thing…” Link said. “It's a Like-like!”
 
And the Like-Like spit mars out, unharmed… but her torso-armor was missing. “Hey, he took my chest-plate.” said Mars.
 
But then suddenly she began to feel hotter. Without her torso-armor half her heat-protection was drained out and the Fire Temple's hot air was ale to penetrate through and weaken her.
 
“Mars! Hang on!” called Link, and he pulled out his sword and sliced the Like-Like in half, destroying it. Its body melted away and there was Mars' torso-armor.
 
Link Grabbed it swiftly. “Hang on Mars, I'm coming!” he called.
 
“Too… Hot!” cried Mars who was fading fast.
 
Link quickly pulled her upright and managed to get her armor back on. The moment it was back on, Mars felt all recharged again. “Whew… that was way too close.”
 
“It's all right Mars it's all over now.” said Link. “Come one, let's get out of here before something else happens.”
 
The exited through the next door, which barred up and sealed them inside. “Oh, no… not again!” cried Mars.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha!” that sinister voice! Indeed, they were facing off against another Flare-Dancer. “Congratulations on making it this far.” He sniggered. “But now your long journey ends here and in failure… HA!!”
 
“Not if I can help it.” said Mars. “Master, I have an idea so we don't have to fight him three times.” She said.
 
“All right!” said Link. “Go for it!”
 
Flare-Dancer began power up for his attack! “Go and die that is. HIYAAARRRGGGH!!”
 
Mars grabbed out a special suture. “I CALL THE POWER OF MARS… FIRE BALLS… CHAMRS!!”
 
When the charm hit Flare-Dance it shocked him like crazy, and split him up into his three individual forms. Orange, Blue, and Green.
 
“Huh?” all three dancers cried out. “Uh-oh!”
 
“My turn now.” cried Link, he leapt over Mars and slammed the ground with his hammer causing the shockwave to destroy all the Flare-Dancers' clothes and drop down the three squishy rocks. “Get them Mars!”
 
“Right.” said Mars. The Rocks tried to run in different directions, but Mars just leapt right into the center and. “DIN'S… FIREWALL… BURN!!”
 
“AAARRRGGGHHH!!”
 
“NOOO!!”
 
“GAAAHHH!!”
 
All three rocks were barbecued and exploded. The room settled down and the bars on both doors in the room raised up.
 
Meanwhile
 
Volvagia saw everything. His body was smoking all over the place… either from his hot hair, or his temper.
 
“YARGH!! Those failures!!” he roared. “Every last one of them worthless!!”
 
He went around his chamber smashing everything to bits. He puffed and panted, but then burst out into wicked laughter.
 
“Hee, hee, hee, hee! Ha, ah, ah, ah, ah!! YAH, HA, HA, AH, AH!!! So they survived and found their way through the Fire Temple! It makes no difference, I'm still here after all.”
 
He turned his attention back to his viewing flare. “You kids may have crossed through my temple… but no one every crosses the path of the mighty dragon, Volvagia, and lives to tell the tale!”
 
“NOBODY!!! TA, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH!! OH, HO, HO, HO, AH, AH, AAAAAAAH, HA!!”
 
According to Link's compass.
 
“Mars…” he said. “Beyond this door.” They went through it, and found themselves along side a rusty switch near the final cage in the temple where the Gold and Blue oriented chest rested before them.
 
Mars' eyes sparkled and she grinned widely “I… I don't believe it.” She cried “This is it… we found it!”
 
They pounded the switch, entered the cage, and obtained the Big Key from the chest. “That's it… we found it.” Link cheered.
 
There was also one final clue at the bottom of the chest.
 
Final Clue:
 
“When the Boss's head is before you, pound him hard where it hurts the most.”
 
Definitely a good tip to keep in mind, because this was it. Now that Mars and Link had the Big Key and a way to make it reach it… The returned to the room where they lost the map, and crossed over to the boss door.
 
Link held the key up. “Ready?”
 
Mars nodded with confidence “Mmm!”
 
“Let's go!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Mars felt really bad about losing the Dungeon-map today, but it wasn't all that big of a deal. It's not like Fire Temple is that confusing to even use it anyways.”
 
Rei: “Still it is a good idea to bring one in any case. That's a good way of preparing yourself for an adventure, is plotting your course.”
 
Amy: “You should also consider the most likely things that can happen to you either on your journey, or on the adventure itself.”
 
Lita: “Pack a first-aid kit, and some spare clothes. Bring battery, or solar-powered equipment with extra charges.”
 
Serena (With her mouth full): “Mmm… yes. And don't forget to bring food and water, or you won't last long. I know I wouldn't”
 
Mina: “Just remember that adventure can be a wonderful thing, and sometimes pretty scary, but as long as you stay well prepared, you may be ready to face anything.”
 
(Song, Sung By Mykan) “Well, since I don't really get to actually go on the adventures with them…”
 
(Music Starts)
 
(Mykan)
 
-Today's the day
In only a matter of moments
You'll all be on your way
What lurks around the corner
Not a soul can say
But I can guess
More or less
Hidden dangers
Great duress
Ah, the moments of glory
Is clo
se at hand
“Who-Wee” It's gonna be grand
 
-Adventure is a wonderful thing
Pack only the essential
I'll tell you what to bring
Your strength
Your nerve
Your hearts
Your wits
And for
injuries from attacks
First aid ki
ts
 
Adventure is a hoot and a half
You'll face unearthly dangers
And look at them and laugh
The claws
The teeth
The chase
The thrill
You'll never want to
come home
Maybe you never will
 
That's the beauty of adventure
It's strictly sink or float
It runs you 'til you're ragged
Then it grabs you by the throat
You struggle to survive it
Though the chances are remote
Hoo, hoo, lucky you
Wish I was coming too
Adventure is a wonderful thing
 
And in a wink
the Scouts and Link
Off
they go
Marching high and low
Soon my friend
You'll reach
the end
Right here
 
Take a look
The map is perfectly clear
With your excellent sense of direction
You've nothing to fear
Through the quicksand
Tempting fate
And fighting spasms
Dodging avalanching boulders
Remember,
the Universe's fate
Rests com
pletely on your shoulders team
That's what I mean
 
That's the beauty of adventure
The trembling and the dread
Oh I can't think of anoth
er thing
I'd rather do instead
I'd really love to join,
But oh no, you go ahead.
 
Hoo, hoo, lucky you
Tally ho, and toodle ooh
Ready now, noble chin
Chest out, tummy in
Make a fracas, have a fling
Drop a postcard, give a ring
Get the lead out, time to swing
Whoop dee doo, and badda bing
A
dventure, is a wonderful thing
 
(Waves goodbye to the team)
 
I salute you And those of youmay bedoomed to never return I salute you twice