Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Andrew's Proposal ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(This chapter was inspired to me by Episode 129, When Rita got her beautiful dream looked at)
 
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
 
In his castle… wherever it was… Ganondorf was most unpleased with the results of the last battle.
 
“Well Morpha… thanks to you we have found three of the eight shards of the Triforce of Courage.” he said. “But can you explain to me why it is that our enemies now posses two of these shards, and we have only one?”
 
Morpha bowed to him. “A-thousand apologies My Lord.” he said, “But I am as we speak already on the move towards our next target. The shard shall be yours.”
 
“For your sake, it had better be!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Another checkup day for the team, and Link was the last one to be examined.
 
Amy once asked Link what doctors were like on his planet, and as much as it brought back sad memories, Link told her that Legora was a very primitive planet.
 
Everything looked as though it was set in the 3,000bc's-2,000bc's. The doctors there didn't have or even knew of such tools that Earth doctors use today, but still, the made medicines, healed injuries, and found cures for fatal diseases for all species.
 
Still, Link never needed a checkup from a doctor as he was always strong and fit, but Amy took no questions.
 
“And again…”
 
Link breathed in deeply and let it out slowly and carefully.
 
“Mmm, hmm. Okay, that's very good.” Amy said, but Link did not seemed impressed.
 
“Amy, this is really getting embarrassing for me.” he said.
 
“Now Master,” replied Amy. “There's no one else in here but us, and besides, you're the one who said that everyone gets a routine checkup.”
 
“I'm starting to think that I must've been crazy.” replied Link. “But okay… you're the doctor.”
 
All that remained was for Link to have his shot, thought he still preferred not to get them. Amy prepared the needle and…
 
PRICK!!
 
“Ouch.”
 
“There we are… all done.”
 
“Gee… thanks for nothing.”
 
Amy hung up her white coat on the rack, before she and Link exited the examining room to the main Temple where everyone was waiting for them.
 
It was Thursday afternoon, and everyone was exited about the long weekend coming. Serena's folks were all taking a trip up to the same luxury resort by that lake… which the girls had told Link was once home to that sea-monster they helped.
 
There was plenty to do, especially now that new features had been added. Sporting courts, horse ranges, and they even made the spas much larger.
 
Serena's mom had gladly allowed Serena to invite all her friends, Darien, and Link. Everyone quickly agreed, and surprisingly, Link allowed this.
 
He wanted to go, but not really just to have fun, or relax as much. He and Navi had been receiving other signals being emitted from the lake itself. “It was too powerful to be Triforce Shard, but whatever it was would need to be examined more thoroughly.
 
“Remember everyone… be sure to pack up and bring your Sailor equipment as well.” Link said, “We may very well need it.”
 
Everyone agreed, and then all went home to pack their things. Link even closed the Café up for the weekend… however, he did make sure to bring all the magic instruments with them on their trip.
 
But how he was able to fit it all into two simple suitcases… Nobody bothered to ask. Navi was coming too, but she had to do her best to stay out of sight.
 
That evening
 
They all were aboard the overnight express train that was already underway.
 
“Serena… Rei… slow down.” Said her mother, “You two have eaten six pork-chops already.”
 
“Yeah… well…” Rei spoke while scuffing down the meat. “Traveling like this… always makes me hungry.”
 
“And I haven't eaten… since my afternoon snack.” added Serena.
 
 
Nobody could believe those two and how much they could eat.
 
After Dinner, everyone decided to turn in and get some well needed rest before arriving at the lake in the morning.
 
Rei, Darien, and Serena shared one cabin with beds, Amy, Lita, and Mina bunked in another cabin, Serena's family bunked in another, and the last one they booked was Link's cabin all to himself.
 
Serena was struggling to try and get her bed ready. “Take it easy Serena. You'll break the bed that way.” Darien said as he helped her unfold it.
 
“Face it Darien… Serena sure knows her clumsy rights.” Rei mocked.
 
Serena would have lashed out, but she remembered a lot of the other passengers were sleeping. “This is so unfair.” she moaned. “Why do we have to share a room with her anyways?”
 
“Well, we were only able to book four cabins… and Master said he needed to have one all to himself.” said Darien.
 
“Yeah… he said he couldn't stand sharing a room with a kid.” Rei mocked.
 
“And just who are you calling a kid?!”
 
Sometime later
 
Link opened his eyes in the bright sunlight. “Gee… I must've slept through the night.” He said as he rubbed his eyes, but then he suddenly realized…
 
“Hey… where am I?” he asked aloud.
 
He was sleeping in huge bed in a royal bedchamber, in a castle on Planet Legora… and someone else was sleeping in the bed with him.
 
The person rolled over, and Link found himself face-to-face with Princess Zelda… the love of his life whom he thought was long gone.
 
“Good morning Link.” She said sweetly. “Did you sleep well?”
 
Link's heat pounded with joy. “It was all just a dream.” He said happily. The planet never exploded, and Ganondorf was long gone. “It was all just a dream.”
 
Then he felt Zelda roll over on time of him and pressing her lips onto his. She broke off leaving Link all confused. “What was that for?” he asked.
 
Zelda giggled, “Can't a wife show her husband how much she loves him?” she asked playfully.
 
Wife? Husband? Was she serious?
 
“Don't you remember… we got married four years ago, and we have two beautiful children now.” replied Zelda.
 
Link couldn't believe it. All this time he was married to his love, and now had children with them, what more could he want in life.
 
After getting up, and having breakfast, Link and his new family spent a beautiful day in Hyrule together.
 
Link played catch with their three year old son. He went swimming with their two year three year old daughter in the castle swimming pool.
 
All four of them had a wonderful picnic lunch by the streams.
 
Link even helped his wife put their kids down for their nap. After they bathed them and dressed them for dinner. Then put them back to down to bed for the night.
 
Link and Zelda then went to bed themselves. “It sure has been a lovely day, darling.” Zelda said as she snuggled close to him in their shared bed.
 
Link pecked his wife on the head. “I had fun today too.” He said. “Now I have everything that ever wanted, and everything I went through was just a dream.”
 
“That's right Link…” Zelda said, her voice seemed to be spinning off. “It was all just a dream.”
 
“A dream… A… dream…A d ream…”
 
 
Link then opened his eyes and found himself back in his cabin on the train. “Wait! That was all just a dream.” He said. He lay back down on his pillow facing the horrible truth once again.
 
He was never married to Zelda, and she was never even there. “Oh… why me? Why me?” he cried softly to himself.
 
Navi looked at Link from her space up by the bags. “Poor Link.” she said softly. “He's been dreaming about her again.”
 
The Next Day
 
The train finally came up to the resort. Serena's eyes sparkled at the sight of the view, it was just as beautiful as it was the last time she was there.
 
The others were all excited and amazed too. This place did have everything the new brochures told of. “Didn't I tell everyone this would be a great place to be.” said Serena's father.
 
As soon as everyone checked into the motel, and sorted out their packing. Everyone went their own ways.
 
Mina and, Lita hit the basketball courts and were playing one-on-one. Amy was with Serena's family and enjoying a relax in the hot springs.
 
And Rei decided to hit the new, in-ground pool… she secretly was planning to show off her new swimsuit and land a handsome lifeguard.
 
She found just the guy sitting atop his high chair. They came into eye contact, and Rei put on her pretty fashion model charms. “A lifeguard, huh? You can save my life any day.”
 
The boy saluted to her and said plainly. “That's my job, Mame.”
 
Rei suddenly collapsed in shock. “What-- Mame?!” she grunted. “Hello… I'm trying to flirt with you here.”
 
The boy just kept his face on straight. “Yes, Mame… I'm just not interested.”
 
Rei's blood was boiling. “Ugh?! Not… interested?!”
 
“I like a girl who's a little less… you know… Boring!”
 
“B-- BORING?!?!”
 
Well, no one knew just how long Rei struggled to try and get that boy's affections going, but rest assured she was sworn not to give up.
 
Darien and Serena were just sitting at the outside restaurant together and admiring the view and the fresh air of the morning. They even ordered a milkshake together.
 
Then… out of the blue, who should bring them the shake, but Andrew himself. “Hey, Serena… Darien… didn't expect to see you two here.”
 
Serena and Darien were surprised themselves. “Andrew… you work here?” Serena asked. Andrew nodded.
 
“Only for this weekend… I'm doing it to help Rita.”
 
“Rita?” asked Darien, “Why… is she in some sort of money crisis or something?”
 
Andrew shook his head and then he looked a little grim. “She still hasn't decided whether or not she wants to go back to Europe for an extra credit assignment.”
 
Andrew's girlfriend, of nearly two years. had recently been told that she could get extra credit by studying a broad in Europe, just like when she got promoted to go to Africa for two years.
 
This time, if Rita was to go… well… “They say that… she may have to stay there… permanently.”
 
Serena and Darien didn't like the sound of that. “Bummer. So like, how's Rita been about this?” Darien asked.
 
Andrew looked down at the horse fields where Rita was riding along with a few others. She didn't look as though she was sad though.
 
“Well… she's been a little upset lately.” replied Andrew. “When she first told me about it she ran home in tears.”
 
Andrew went on saying that Rita really didn't know about it this time.
 
Sure she already had enough credits in the world to be the Number-One Biologist in Tokyo… but this time her heart was all torn up.
 
If she was going to go… it would mean… Goodbye, and Andrew really didn't want to put pressure her by trying to woo her or convince her to go or to stay.
 
“Not even ask her too--” he stopped and didn't seem to want to talk about. “Never mind.” He said as he walked back to work sadly.
 
“Gee he really seems bummed.” Serena said.
 
“Yeah… I wonder why.” added Darien.
 
Meanwhile, in Morpha's lair
 
You can bet your boots Morpha had indeed found the target, and it was Andrew all right. “Aww… poor little man. You seem so miserable.” He sniggered.
 
“But they say… better to have lived than loved… Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Later on
 
The girls were all meeting in the sauna and Serena told them about Andrew and Rita.
 
“Whoa… how many times does Rita have to go away like this?” Rei asked.
 
“Yeah… I mean doing it once was painful enough, but to make it happen again.” added Lita. “What kind of relationship is that?”
 
And as usual, Lita, and Mina broke into an argument about who gets Andrew if Rita decided to go, only to be snapped back to Earth that she might not decide to go.
 
“Still… I really don't think Rita should do it this time.” said Amy. “She doesn't really need the credits, and it'll mean leaving Andrew behind for a really long time.”
 
Serena was actually more concerned with the way Andrew had acted when he said “Never mind.” What was it that he wanted to ask Rita?
 
Then suddenly Serena noticed, “Hey… has anybody seen Master anywhere?”
 
Strange as it was, nobody saw Link anywhere that day. He wasn't in his motel room. He wasn't seen at the spa, or anywhere else at the resort.
 
Where was he?
 
 
Link had been down by the lake with Navi, away from all the public at the resort. Both of them were scanning the lake trying to figure out where that energy source was coming from.
 
So far… all they knew was that it wasn't a Triforce Shard.
 
Also, Link had been spending some quiet time to himself as he strolled through the woods near the horse range… still feeling pretty bad that his night being with Zelda was only a dream.
 
Navi was following him around. “Hey.” She called. “Still sulking over your dream, Lover-boy?” she asked playfully.
 
Link smiled sadly. “Are my feelings and state of mind that obvious?” he asked.
 
Navi hated to see it when Link was like this. She knew what true love was when she saw Link and Zelda together on Legora. In all the years she had existed, she never found another couple like them.
 
Still, she didn't know what to do, or what to say, but she didn't have to say anything. Link knew that if he could never be with Zelda, then at least he could continue to fight in her honor.
 
He would gather all his shards to make his Triforce of Courage whole again, and make Ganondorf pay for all the lives he had killed and threatened… just as he promised he would protect all that is good and decent.
 
Suddenly, a loud horse-cry was heard from just outside the opening Link had approached. “What was that?” Link asked himself.
 
Navi quickly hid herself, as Link ran over tot eh ranch to see Andrew's girlfriend Rita, whom he knew quite well, was having trouble on her horse.
 
Her she was trying to jump over a fence-hurdle when the horse got scared and began kicking about knocking Rita off the saddle.
 
“Rita!” Link called as he hopped over the fence and helped her up. “Are you alright?”
 
“I'm okay.” She answered, but her horse was still going nuts, running all over the riding range and frightening the other horses and riders. None of them keepers could get close enough to calm them down.
 
“Stay here.” Link said, “I'll calm them down.”
 
“What? Link… No!” cried Rita, but Link had already run up to the point where the stampede of three crazy horses were coming right at him.
 
“LINK, GET OUT OF THERE!!” Rita screamed, but Link just got out his Ocarina, and began playing a soft tune… Epona's Song.
 
When the horses heard that melody, to everyone's astonishing amazement… they actually came to a halt and calmed down.
 
Rita came up to Link to help him escort the horses back to the stable. “Link… that was incredible.” she said. “How did you get them to stop like that?”
 
Link told her he had a horse once. One that he took really good care of, and loved with all his heart. The song he was taught helped to soothe certain animals and calm them down… make them realize you mean no harm to them.
 
But he didn't tell her about the horrible fate that happened to her.
 
 
Link offered to stay and help Rita.
 
Rita had a job of looking after the stables for the weekend, just as Andrew had working at the restaurant up at the main building.
 
“He's… trying to help me earn money… so if I do decide to leave for Europe I'll have some travel funds.”
 
“And you still don't know what to do, right?” asked Link.
 
Rita nodded. “I just don't know what to do.” she said as a little tear crept down her cheek. “I can get really big promises if I go, but… I just don't think I can leave Andrew again.”
 
Link really hated seeing a woman in love being torn to bits like this.
 
On Legora… Link always put everything second if it came to choosing something over Zelda. This would always prove to everyone that Zelda was the most important thing to Link ever.
 
“Rita.” he said, “All I'm going to tell you is… if really can't decide what it is you want, look in your heart… and you'll see what you desire.”
 
 
That night, Link finally showed himself at the spa where the entire gang was there, including Serena's family.
 
“Link… there you are.” said Serena's father. “We've been looking everywhere for you. Where have you been?”
 
Link just played it cool. “Not much… just here and there and around.” He said as he climbed into the hot springs with everyone.
 
He motioned for the Girls and Darien to come closer so they could talk about more pressing matters concerning Andrew and Rita.
 
“I spoke with Rita… and she really doesn't seem to thrilled about this whole thing.” He told them.
 
Serena and Darien even told him and the others about Andrew's strange behaviour. Every time they tried to ask him about a certain thing he wanted to ask Rita, he always seemed to get a little sad, and then try to weasel out of the conversation.
 
“He also hasn't been seen together with Rita since they both found out they were here.” Darien said. “I'm really starting to get worried about them.”
 
“Hmm… tell me something.” Link said. “This thing Andrew wants to tell Rita… do his cheeks go all red when you ask him about it.”
 
“Yeah… the do, but only for a minute.”
 
“Hmm… and does he sometimes stutter when he speaks?”
 
“Yeah… he does.”
 
Link was getting more and more of the picture to fit together. “Just one last thing.” He said. “Every time you see him… does he sometimes stop and feel around in his pocket?”
 
Suddenly, Darien got the drift too. The others got it too… well… except Serena. “What? What's he going to do?” she asked.
 
Deciding it best to tell her, so she wouldn't turn on the waterworks, “Serena!” snapped Rei. “He wants to ask Rita to marry him.”
 
Serena gasped out of shock, and of course a little disappointment. After all, Andrew was her first crush.
 
“Ask her to marry him? No wonder he's too ashamed to talk to her.” Lita said.
 
If Andrew proposed to Rita now, this would only make her worry about her final decision even more. He couldn't let that happen.
 
Still… no one knew what to do, and obviously Lita, and Mina couldn't try to move in on Andrew anymore. He was definitely off the market for good now even if Rita would accept his proposal.
 
…If Andrew even decided to propose.
 
Still, it wasn't a good idea to put pressure on him. If he wanted to propose to Rita, he'd have to do it himself.
 
That night
 
Everyone had gone to bed… still thinking about Andrew. Everyone, except Link.
 
He was tossing and turning around in his sleep which could only mean one thing… He was at it again.
 
 
There he was… running along the fiery paths of the decaying Planet Legora.
 
“Help me, Link!!” cried Zelda. “He's coming! Ganondorf is coming!!”
 
This urged Link to go faster and faster. “Zelda… I'm coming.” he cried, but he arrived on the scene too late.
 
There was Zelda all tied up and dangling 10,000 feet over the fiery lava below, and Ganondorf laughing at him. “To late, boy.” He sniggered.
 
“Ganondorf… you let her go this instant!!”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… certainly, certainly my boy. When you give me your Triforce.”
 
Link saw no choice this time but to give him the Triforce of Courage. “There… you have it. Now let her go!” he cried.
 
“Heh, heh, heh! I'll let her go… GO DOWN!!!” he shouted as he snipped the rope causing Zelda to fall to her doom.
 
“LINK!!!” she cried.
 
“ZELDA?! ZELDA?! ZELDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”
 
 
Link snapped himself upright and gasped in horror. His forehead was all sweaty, and he was breathing very heavily. “I… got to get some air.” he said to himself.
 
 
He sat on one of the benches on the patio and looked deeply inside himself. He really didn't know what to do. Not having Zelda in his life was really starting to tear him up from the inside out.
 
Then, who should come along, but Andrew. “Link?” he said which snapped him out of his trance.
 
“Andrew… Hey.” He said softly. “What are you doing out here so late?”
 
“Oh… I can't sleep.” Andrew said. “I've been think about Rita too much.”
 
We both looked down to the horse range and Saw Rita still cleaning up before her shift ended. “It hurts me to know she'll be going away soon.” replied Andrew.
 
Link looked at him and said. “You know she hasn't decided yet.” He said. “There is still time for the both of you.”
 
Andrew had been thinking about it. Rita was the only girl he ever truly loved, but countless times over he would argue with himself saying. “This is her dream… Why should she give it all up for you.”
 
“Link… haven't you ever felt this way with someone before?” Andrew asked. “I mean… have you ever been with this one special person who you know for sure you want to be with.”
 
This struck Link's heart, although he didn't show it. He decided to tell Andrew a little bit of his tale, but not all of it clearly.
 
“Yes.” he said. “I was in love with a very special girl who loved me as I did her… but it wasn't meant to be.”
 
“What do you mean?” asked Andrew.
 
Link looked up at the starry skies. “The only girl I ever loved, and ever could love has been gone for many, many years.”
 
“Did she move away or something?”
 
Link shook his head and hung it down low. “No… She died… a really long time ago”
 
Andrew held his hand to his heart. “Oh, man! I'm real sorry to hear that.”
 
Link didn't tell him too much about Zelda. That she was a Princess, and he himself was a creature from out of this world… but he did tell him of all the things he did that he knew was right.
 
Always putting Zelda first, and forgetting everything else. Because to Link… life, even all powerful and famous… it would mean nothing to him without the love of his life.
 
If he couldn't be with Zelda, by any means… then he would much rather stay alone. Never fall in love again, or it would all just be a lie.
 
“Andrew… it may not have been for me, but it still can be for you and Rita.” He said. “I know you'll do the right thing.”
 
Andrew decided… he would do it. So he went on down to the range where he just caught Rita leaving.
 
“Andrew.” she said when she saw him.
 
Andrew smiled. “Hi, Rita.” He said to her. “I… wanted to talk to you about something.”
 
“Oh… is about my decision?”
 
Andrew nodded, then he walked over and embraced his girlfriend for the first time since they got to the resort.
 
Rita could feel her heart beginning to race. “Andrew… I've put a lot of thought into this. she cried. “I really don't want to do this. I don't want to leave you.”
 
Andrew couldn't believe the words she said. She was really giving up her dreams just to be with Andrew on her own?
 
“I can't stand it anymore… I don't want us to separate ever again.” replied Rita. That was more than enough for Andrew to hear.
 
 
Link was watching the whole thing from up at the motel on the hill. Navi came out to join him. “Hey! What's happening?” she asked.
 
“Shh… Navi.” Link whispered. “Come on, Andrew… Go on!”
 
 
Andrew and Rita finally separated, and Andrew decided it was time. “Rita… there's… there's something I want to ask you.” He said. “But I… Well I…”
 
Rita held her hands together. “Yes… go on.” she said.
 
“Well… Rita what I know in my heart… is that I really… truly--”
 
“Haven't seen the light yet!” growled a voice from behind them.
 
Andrew and Rita turned and saw Morpha. Rita screamed in fright, and Andrew jumped in front of her to protect her.
 
 
Link also saw this from on the hill. “Nuts! Nuts! NUTS!!” he cried. “Navi… go get the others… we have a shard alert!”
 
Navi nodded and buzzed off.
 
Link was infuriated at Morpha. How could he walk in on Andrew during his proposal. “He's going to pay for this… and dearly to!!” he growled. “ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!” and changed into his true form.
 
 
While down below. “Stay behind me, Rita.” said Andrew.
 
“Andrew!” She cried.
 
Morpha slithered his way across the grass. “Aww… how touching.” He sniggered. “But protecting her will do no good… It's YOU that I'm after.”
 
Both of them gasped. “But why… what do you want with me?” Andrew asked.
 
“Because you have something I want.” replied Morpha. “And I aim to take it! HA!!!”
 
Andrew was zapped by Morpha's tentacle, and shocked. “AAAHHH!!!”
 
“ANDREW!!” Rita screamed.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah! Yes… there it is!” Morpha chuckled as the Triforce Shard appeared. “Hmm, mm, mm! beautiful. Ganondorf will be pleased with me.”
 
“Think again!” called a voice from behind.
 
There was Link. “Put the Shard down, and step away from them if you know what's good for you!”
 
“Ha! Fat chance of that, Hero.” Morpha growled, and then he began changing Andrew into a creature. Rita was petrified out of her skull about what she saw.
 
Andrew appeared before her as a centaur type creature and carrying a battle axe. (More like the RAPID HORSEMAN card from Yu-gi-oh!)
 
“Oh, my goodness!” she shrieked, and she fainted.
 
“Ha, ha, ha! What? Too frightening for you?” Morpha mocked. “I'll be taking this Shard to Ganondorf now, but I leave you… Battle-Centaur to destroy the hero.”
 
The monster growled softly, but didn't make any attempts to move towards Link. Instead he turned round and charged straight for Morpha.
 
“Huh? Hey what the--?”
 
WHAMM!!
 
“AAAHHH!!”
 
Morpha was bashed hard, and though it didn't hurt him, as he was just water after all, he still lost control of his tentacle and dropped the shard which landed on the grass.
 
Link was most amazed that the monster wasn't coming after him. “Andrew! He must still be in there.” he said. “He's trying to fight off his control.”
 
Morpha eventually rekindled his strength and turned the tables. “Centaur… it is the Hero of Time you must destroy… not me!”
 
This changed Centaur's attitude entirely, and then he began perusing after Link. “You may be my friend Andrew, but if I want to save you… I have to do this.” He said as he drew out his sword.
 
The Centaur wasn't all that big, but his Axe sure was tough to deflect. It almost was like trying to smash a wall of steel with a plastic hammer, but Link had to keep his stance up.
 
Meanwhile, Morpha searched along the ground until he spotted the shard. “Ha! I knew I'd have it back.” He chuckled to himself, but before he could touch it.
 
SMACK!! A Red rose pierced his tentacle which washed it out again. “Ah-ah-ah… Mustn't touch. You don't know where it's been.”
 
Tuxedo Mask and the Scouts leapt in to the scene. “GRR… Just what I needed; More interference!” growled Morpha.
 
 
“Scouts… I'll handle this. You all go and help Master.” said Tuxedo. The girls nodded and were off.
 
“Let's go cape boy!” Morpha sneered.
 
“Bring it on, Aqua-face!”
 
 
So far, Link had no success in finding the Centaurs weakness.
 
The Centaur kicked his feet up and bashed Link's Shield. Yet, the force was so strong, that it knocked him clean across the field.
 
The scouts ran up to him and helped him up. “Master! Are you okay?” asked Jupiter.
 
Link got to his feet, “I'll be fine, but you've got to go get Rita out of there.” Link said. Mercury and Mars went over to get Rita, who was still unconscious from her faint, to safety, leaving Link, Venus, and Jupiter to face the Centaur.
 
“I take it that Rita's involved… that monster must be Andrew.” said Jupiter.
 
Link nodded. “Navi… what's his weakness?” he asked.
 
Strangely as it was, Navi couldn't sense his weakness anywhere. “His energy's too strong for me to penetrate. You'll have to find it on your own.”
 
“Gee… thanks for nothing.” Venus said.
 
Nevertheless, the Centaur was coming right at them, and they had to at least try to find his weakness.
 
“VENUS… CRESCENT BEAM… SMASH!!”
 
“JUPITER THUNDER… CRASH!!”
 
The Thunder-Beam flew straight at him, but Centaur was so tough that he just ripped right through it without even getting scratched.
 
“Whoa… this guy's a rock!” cried Jupiter. “Everything we throw at him doesn't do anything.”
 
They dodged him before he bashed into them only to have the cycle start all over again. “We've got to try and tire him out, make him use up his energy.” Link said. “Venus… do it!”
 
“Right!” Venus said. “SPIRIT… SANDSTORM… BLOW!!”
 
Using the power of the dirt beneath the grass, Venus conjured up a violent sandstorm to blast right into the Centaur's eyes, temporarily blinding him and causing him to run amuck breaking through the fences.
 
Finally he rubbed his eyes clear, but just kept on thrashing about.
 
“This is unbelievable.” Sailor-Moon said. “There's got to be some way they can attack him.”
 
Suddenly, Rita began to struggle in their arms, and she opened her eyes. “Hey… Rita's coming to.” Mercury said.
 
Her eyes soon became clear at what was going on as she saw the monster chasing down the fighters, and she remembered everything that happened. “Andrew!” she cried as she bolted up and ran out into the open.
 
“Rita! Come back!!” the girls cried, but Rita didn't go back.
 
The Centaur was getting more and more vicious. Now, Venus, Jupiter and Link tried to jump on him and ride him like crazy… Bad idea! Really bad idea.
 
That Centaur had more buck in him than a black-bull with a thorn in his foot.
 
“WHOA-A-A-A!!”
 
“HE-E-E-EY!!”
 
“YE-E-E-E-OW!!”
 
The Centaur made a huge skidding stop and the others flew off him like being launched from a catapult, and landing with huge thuds on the ground.
 
“Awe! That… really hurt!” moaned Venus.
 
“Yeah! That guy… sure packs a punch!” added Jupiter.
 
Link used his sword as leverage to help him up. “We… have to… keep trying.” he said all weary.
 
The Centaur was well on his charge right for them, but at the last few meters Rita stepped in holding her arms out. “STOP… ANDREW!!” she cried.
 
“Rita… What are you doing?!” cried Jupiter.
 
Surprisingly… the monster stopped when his eyes met Rita's, as if Andrew's inner soul was reacting to the sight of her.
 
He lowered his head down lower to get a closer look at her and he saw the tears that were in her eyes.
 
Rita held her hands together. “Andrew… I know you can hear me.” she sobbed. “Please… find it in your heart to overcome what's happened to you… and come back to me.”
 
Centaur picked her up in his arms and looked her right in the eyes. “Please, Andrew… please.” she sobbed. “…I love you.”
 
Two of her falling tears fell onto his nose, and queer look came over his face. He opened his mouth and finally was able to say in the softest, yet deepest voice.. “…Rita!”
 
Rita smiled softly. “Yes, Andrew… Yes.”
 
The scouts were overjoyed. “The power of love brought out Andrew's inner-self.” Mercury sniffle as she wiped away her tears. “This is so beautiful.”
 
Centaur finally put her down and looked over to Link. “Please… Help… Me!” he begged.
 
Link smiled. “All right.” He said, “Don't worry, everything's going to be just fine.”
 
“GO FIERCE DEITY!!” he cried out as he changed into his strongest form, then got out his Ocarina. “SOOTHING… SONG… OF HEALING!!” he played the song and the music began to fill the air.
 
The supersonic waves surrounded Centaur, who surprisingly didn't grunt or whimper as much. He changed back into Andrew, and fell into the grass all weary and tired.
 
“Andrew.” Rita cried as she held him close to her. “Oh… Andrew.” and she began to cry. That was real pure love they shared.
 
 
While on the other side of the field, Morpha and Tuxedo were still at it. “You're not going to get that shard!” Tuxedo growled as he slashed at Morpha's tentacle again.
 
“All right… you win this time!” Morpha said as he began to disappear. “I'll be back though, just you wait!”
 
He was gone, and Tuxedo sheathed his sword, but before he could claim his prize… Morpha's Tentacle popped right through the ground and snatched it.
 
“PSYCHE!!” Morpha chuckled. “Bah, ha, ha, ah, ah… I can't believe you went for that.” The he was really gone with the shard.
 
Tuxedo Mask, enraged by the outcome. He vowed to someday get Morpha for that dirty double-cross.
 
 
Andrew got back on his feet, and very relieved to be back to his old self again. “Now… maybe I can finish what I started.” He said to Rita as they stood under the moonlight together.
 
“What's that?” Rita asked, but suddenly she felt, and saw Andrew sliding a Ring on her finger. “Asking you to spend your life with me.” Andrew said.
 
Rita's eyes filled with tears and she embraced Andrew tightly. “Oh, Andrew… Yes!” she said softly.
 
The girls, Darien, and yes, even Link was very happy for them both. Even if Link felt really bad about it brining up sad memories… he still was happy.
 
The next morning...
 
After a well earned nights rest, the people at the motel and resort were shocked at what they saw and felt.
 
Not only was the temperature staring to drop, but the lake… it was all completely dried up right down to nothing more than a stupid little pool that seemed to be surrounding a huge rock that used to be under the water.
 
“This is insane!” cried Serena. “What happened to all the water?”
 
Link came and joined the group in their room, and when it came to them asking about the lake… Link knew exactly what was going on.
 
“Those signals Navi and I discovered…” he said. “Well… it just so happens, that that huge rock down there is in fact… the Water Temple.”
 
“The Water Temple?!” everyone exclaimed.
 
Link told them about the Water Temple, and how it was once a source of an arctic blizzard that once threatened the guardians of the temple.
 
The Zoras: And Aquatic race of half human, half-fish creatures who were the keepers and guardians of all the water sources.
 
“The Water Temple is the very reason to why the temperature is dropping.” Link said.
 
Then he stared at Amy. “You and I are going to have to go, and shut down the Temple's source.” He said. “If we don't… then this frozen wind will never cease, and Japan will have another ice-age to deal with.”
 
It was that serious, and threatening, Amy agreed at once to go with him. “I'll do it… for all our sakes.” She said.
 
Link smiled. “Good.” he said. “I know you'll make me proud.”
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Andrew really proved today that love is and will always be the most powerful force. Nothing can change it.”
 
Amy: “Still... Love is a very powerful force, but you can't underestimate how powerful it really is.”
 
Serena: “Some people fall in love, but it sometimes ends in tragedy, or heartbreak, and that usually is the key route to all sadness in the world.”
 
Rei: “Some people like Link. (Sorry Master). He lost the only person he ever loved, and ended up wallowing in sadness and despair with no way to escape it ”
 
Lita: “And other people are just too scared or embarrassed to fall in love, or admit to their special someone that they love them.”
 
Mina: “Just remember… Love is a very powerful thing, but you must be extremely careful how it befalls on you.”
 
(Song; live from the resort. Sung by Link. Link on Piano, Darien on soft drums)
 
(Piano music starts)
 
(Link)
 
Turnaround, every now and then I get a
little bit lonely and you're never coming around
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround
bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
 
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit restless and I dream of something wild
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit angry and I know I've got to get out and cry
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a
little bit terrified but then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
 
And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
 
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart
 
Turnaround bright eyes
Turnaround bright eyes
Turnaround, every now and then I know
you'll never be the boy you always you wanted to be
Turnaround, every now and then I know
you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am
Turnaround, every now and then I know
there's no one in the universe as magical and wonderous as you
Turnaround, every now and then I know
there's nothing any better and there's nothing I just wouldn't do
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
 
And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
 
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart
 
Turn around bright eyes
Turn around bright eyes
Turn around
 
Author's Notes:
 
Poor Link! It pains me to do this to him.
 
It also pains me that I don't ever plan to fall in love ever. I swore an oath not, and I must do everything in my power to defy against it.
 
Still… just because I'm forbidden to fall in love, doesn't mean others can't. That's another reason why I write fiction.
 
TO HELP COUPLES… even if they are only fiction, and if it reminds me of how even if I were interested… which I'm sad to say I am not… The answer is NO!
 
And so… all I can do is continue to fight love.