Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part One: Enter The Water Temple ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(The italic quotes will show that Link and Mercury are in the water)
 
(Also…the Water Temple's exact plot is so short that even with my edited plotting. I'd be able to fit it all on just one chapter; Can't have that now, it'll harsh the suspense.)
 
(I think Ruto would sound pretty good with Sailor Jupiter's voice.)
 
CHAPTER NINETEEN
 
Nobody at the resort knew what was going on, and that was the way the team wanted it to stay. Link told the rest of the team to keep everyone else preoccupied that day to keep them from realizing what was going on.
 
With everybody all around at the resort, and the guards closing off the way to the lake as they assessed the water's low level. Link and Amy would never be able to get close enough to the Water Temple… not in broad daylight.
 
So it was decided that they would go at Midnight. When everyone, including the guards were asleep without care.
 
In the meantime… Link decided to train Mercury with one special item that day before they entered the Temple.
 
The Iron Boots
 
Both Link's boots and Amy's Sailor-Boots could be equipped with heavy feets of iron on the foot portions.
 
But the boots were heavy… really heavy.
 
Link set them up to walking through the small forest along the path in the boots. This way Mercury could get used to their intense weight, and even help her in her normal battle status.
 
As of dinner hour, Amy really put up a huge struggle with the boots, but by now she was well ready for her upcoming trials.
 
Link gave them all a final briefing before bed.
 
At Midnight he and Amy would meet at the lake and ready to enter the temple. They would have roughly six hours to get the job done with out anyone noticing where they were and what was happening.
 
He also went over on what the Water Temple was like. It had tunnels and chambers with deep water in them. So they might have ended up having to stay underwater for long periods of time.
 
Link told them he had another colored tunic that would help him breath underwater, and that Mercury's Sailor suit would help her do they same.
 
Everyone thought it was cool that Amy would get to breath, and talk, under the water. It was no wonder Link wouldn't allow anyone pass the Zero barrier line he put by the lakeside.
 
“Now, Amy…” Link said, “This temple is going to be confusing, and wet. The water's are nice and warm so we can swim around… but use your Iron Boots to can get around easier.”
 
Amy understood entirely, but she only had one question to ask. “How will being underwater affect our fighting stances?”
 
Link had a feeling it was going to come to that, and he told her it would affect them a lot.
 
Link could only use his shield, and his Hookshot under the water, and Mercury could only use her Hookshot too because none of her water-attacks would work, and her ice attacks were definitely out of the question.
 
But Link did also inform her that most of the battles would be fought on land, and the monsters down below were only aquatic-pushovers.
 
With that settled, everyone headed off to bed.
 
 
By midnight… it was time!
 
Amy met Link by the lake side where the guards had all gone for the day.
 
“Ready?” Link asked.
 
Amy nodded. “Let's do this.” she said.
 
They both hopped over the tape and checked to see if no one was around. They were far enough from the motel, and nobody seemed to be out for a midnight stroll.
 
They nodded to each other and saw it safe.
 
“MERCURY STAR POWER… SAGE OF WATER!!” Amy changed into Super Sailor Mercury.
 
“ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!” Link changed into his true form, and then he cried out.
“WATER STATE… ACTIVATE!!” and his tunic and stocking-cap changed to a beautiful blue.
 
“Gee… that color looks nice on you Master.” Mercury complimented. Link winked at her. “Thanks.” He said.
 
They began to walk down towards the rock, and into the water. Finally, they were in the water, and Mercury never felt so free in her life.
 
Link was right… she was able to breath underwater, and talk. Link also told her to activate the Iron Boots.
 
Two claps to turn them on… another two to stop them.
 
They sank to the bottom, and found what they were looking for. The entrance to the temple… which was to their dismay, blocked by a gate.
 
“There's got to be a way to get it up.” Mercury said. She turned on her VR-visor, which did work good underwater and found the key-source.
 
“There… that Blue Crystal above the gate.” She said.
 
Link nodded and fired his Hookshot which destroyed blue crystal above the gate… and the gate began to slide up.
 
Mercury was amazed. “I guess the VR-Visor will come in handy on this trip.” she said.
 
“Come on Mercury. We have a job to do.” Link said as he and Mercury switched their footwear and swam right into the cave.
 
In Morpha's lair
 
Morpha saw the whole thing. “Ah-Ha… So the kid and his Sailor Friend have decided to pay me a visit.” he chuckled.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm. And here I was wondering how to get the two Triforce shards from them; they bring them here willingly.”
 
Morpha turned to face a really, really dark corner in his room. “You two are my finest creations yet.” He said into the darkness. “Don't disappoint me.”
 
Two pairs of glowing red eyes illuminated in the dark followed by the sinister, deep laughter of two mystery characters.
 
“We will not fail you.” The two of them said… They seemed to speak in voices that sounded somewhat familiar.
 
Who could they be?
 
 
WATER TEMPLE
A kind of… Mystical Japanese music filled through the air as Link and Mercury stepped out of the small pool they came in through from underwater.
 
Mercury gazed around at the temple's odd construction.
 
They seemed to be on a high floor of the main chamber, which seemed to have a large central tower in the middle of the room, and the walls on all sides and below the water had tunnels, and more tunnels.
 
“I sure wish I brought Navi in here to help us out a little easier.” Link said.
 
“Which way should we go?” Mercury asked.
 
“I think I remember…” Link said, but he needed a moment to think deeply, as he had informed Mercury that the Water Temple was likely the most confusing of all five temples. Missing one single step could leave them wandering around for a long time.
 
Suddenly, Link remembered something.
 
He and Mercury used their Iron Boots to sink to the bottom floor leading them to a tunnel with two unlit torches on the sides.
 
They followed the passage and emerged in a room with three more unlit torches, and a door that was blocked by iron bars. “Okay… up to the top.” Link said.
 
They switched boots and swam up to the third floor and onto a ledge where there was an automatic door they could enter.
 
But before they did Link turned Mercury's attention to a large stone panel on the wall with the symbol of the Triforce on it. “I knew it.” Link said.
 
Mercury had never seen anything like this before. Her VR-Visor and computer had no data for it yet. “What is this?” she asked.
 
Link told her that it was one of three places in the temple where they could change the level of the water.
 
He played Zelda's lullaby on his Ocarina… and the water level began to drop right down until it had almost completely disappeared.
 
“Amazing.” Mercury said. “We must have to change the water levels at different points to progress through the temple.”
 
“Exactly right.” said Link. “Now… let's try going through this door.”
 
“OPEN!” Link shouted, and the door opened, but once he and Mercury were in the room, the door was barred-up, sealing them in.
 
“Hey! The door!” cried Mercury. “It closed us in.”
 
“And for good reason too.” Link said as he pointed ahead at four spiked-balls slowly coming a them.
 
Mercury could sense with her VR-Visor that these Spikes, as they were referred too as, had very weak defenses indeed. All they needed a couple of simple shots.
 
Mercury also had an idea of how to take out all four at once. “Now that we're out of the water, it should be safe now.” she said.
 
“MERCURY ICE BUBBLES… FREEZE!!”
 
All four of the Spikes were frozen solid and fell onto the floor, allowing Link to finish them all off with one strike from his sword.
 
“Good thinking, Mercury. Well planned.” He said
 
The Bars on the door were gone, and a huge chest appeared in the center of the room. Link let Mercury open, and inside was the Dungeon Map. Just the thing they needed.
 
Mercury held onto the map, and followed Link out of the room.
 
Now that the water was gone, they would have to jump to get to the ground floor. Luckily Link's rolling trick really came in handy for Mercury in the one.
 
They made it down safely, but the door was still bared up. Well… it didn't take Mercury's science to know what to do next.
 
“Stand back.” Link said. Mercury did as she was told, and Link used a blast of Din's Fire to light the unlit torches which opened the door.
 
In they went, only to get sealed in again, and be confronted by three clam enemies Link called… Shell blades.
 
Mercury tried to freeze them, but it didn't work this time.
 
The spikes on the clams' shells burst all the bubbles, and their shells deflected the ice so it slid right off them.
 
Then they snapped their shells and began to hop towards the duo. “Don't worry… this is child's play.” Link said. “Just give me three seconds.”
 
He stepped forward with his sword at the ready, and waited until the shells were open again. One by one he sliced up the soft mussel inside the shells.
 
“One…!”
 
“Two…!”
 
“Three…!”
 
… and all three were destroyed. “Just three seconds.” Link smirked.
 
The bars on the door were gone, and smaller chest appeared. Link opened it and obtained their first small key. Then he and Mercury exited the room.
 
The Map secured with Mercury, but Link sure wished he had the compass, because going through the Water was one of his hardest subjects to master.
 
But Mercury had an idea.
 
Ever since the got the map… Mercury had programmed all the locations, rooms in the temple… and program it into her computer which was water-proof. So it was like a genuine compass.
 
It wouldn't help them find any chests, but it would help them know where to go much easier, instead of stopping every now and then to check the map.
 
“Very impressive Mercury.” Link said.
 
Mercury nodded. “It's easy if you know how and what to do with it.” she said.
 
As they walked back out to the main chamber Mercury had to ask, “Master… who was it that told you how to change the Water Temple's water levels? The plaque itself didn't say anything.”
 
Well… Link had always kept this a secret from the others, but since it would soon matter a lot to everyone, especially Mercury… he decided to come clean.
 
“First… and understand this, because it's very important.” Link said. “You see… a long, long time ago on Legora, before Zelda and I realized our feelings… somebody had a crush on me, and she was supposedly… my first Fiancée.”
 
Mercury stopped dead in her tracks. “There was someone else?” she asked. “Did Zelda ever know?”
 
“Yes… she did, and she was okay with it. What had to be done was done.”
 
Link went on with the story…
 
 
This girl was one of the Zoras. Not only that, but she was the Zora Princess too. Her name was… Ruto.
 
The Blue Spiritual Stone Link used to open the Door of Time in the Temple of Time once belonged to Ruto herself. It was her most precious possession.
 
During Link's childhood quests… he was asked by Ruto's father, King Zora, to rescue his daughter from the belly of the Great God of the Zoras.
 
A gigantic whale called… Jabbu-Jabbu.
 
His belly was actually a place like the temples, only smaller, and less challenging.
 
It was there that she met Ruto for the first time, but it didn't start out as Love at first sight. Back then, Ruto was a tomboy.
 
Bossy… stubborn… didn't seem to care that she was in danger.
 
It turned out that she had in fact dropped the stone somewhere in the whale's belly, and she refused to leave until it was obtained.
 
She tried to order Link to leave her be, but then gave in and allowed Lin to carry her around during the quest.
 
In the end, they had found the Spiritual Stone, and after the whale's body was saved from more evil creatures… that's where it all began.
 
Ruto was very grateful that Link saved her, and helped her retrieve her mother's stone. She also knew fully well that Link wanted it, or needed it in that matter.
 
The only catch was… “My mother gave the spiritual stone, and said I should only give it to the man who will be my husband. You might even call it… the Zora engagement ring.”
 
So Ruto gave Link the stone, and it was there that her huge crush, and their so-called “Engagement” began.
 
 
Mercury was amazed. “So all that time… it was just a silly arrangement?”
 
Link nodded. “Ruto had changed though.” he said. “From bad… to worse.”
 
 
 
Ruto still remained a tomboy pretty much, but her crush on Link had turned her into what Earthmen called. “A Psycho Girlfriend.”
 
The kind of girl that follows you around and stuff, and does some pretty weird stuff that makes a man want to run for his life.
 
Calling him stupid pet names like: “Sweetie Pooh-Poohkins.” Or in Link's case. “Linkie-Pooh.”
 
She ranted on saying that she was dreaming about her wedding day to Link and what their kids would look like, and that was enough to secretly make Link sick.
 
Seven years later…
 
When it came time for Link to do the Water Temple for the first time, that's where he met Ruto for the first time in a long time.
 
She looked more prettier than when they last met… She even had Lita's voice… but she was still as stubborn as ever… and still had it in that fish-head of hers that they were still engaged.
 
Even though long before then, Link and Zelda had already fallen in love and were quite a tight bond… Ruto didn't care.
 
But, when the Water Temple was cleared, and Ruto became the new Sage of Water, that's when Ruto realized that Link's heart belonged to Zelda, and that she could never have it.
 
She still liked him, and at least she was able to be a great help, and for that… I guess you could say everyone, even Link would always love her.
 
 
“That's why we have to clear this temple.” Link said. “So we can free Ruto, and channel your powers so that you be named as the Sage of water reborn.”
 
Mercury nodded. “I'll do it… for her.” she said.
 
“All right then… let's go now.” Link said.
 
Their quest to tackle the Water Temple had officially begun, but who knew what dangers awaited them beyond the waters.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
 
Link: “Ruto sure had her history with me. But it didn't matter how psycho, or bossy she seemed to be… she was just in love and that was something that couldn't be argued with.”
 
Amy: “Love can be just the same, but it doesn't mean you have to make such a big fuss over it.”
 
Serena: “We can fall in love at some points… but some guys think that a girl falling in love with a man first, and smothering him all the time is pretty weird.”
 
Rei: “Sometimes some people just try to rush into a relationship without realizing what they could be getting themselves into. A Relationship should start with both people liking each other and sharing common interests”
 
Lita: “You should really ask, and find out what your girlfriend, or boyfriend is into, and maybe even give it a chance. You might like it too, and even if you don't you can still go just to be nice.”
 
Mina: “Just remember, some relations last, and some don't work out. It's a hard journey to search for “The one” but even if they don't share all the same interests, at least they can try.”
 
(Song… sung live at the resortin a pool. Sung by Serena and Darien, the other girls in the chorus)
 
(Darien)
 
Girl, you're getting that look in your eyes
and it's starting to worry me
See, I ain't ready for no family ti
es
no woman's gonna hurry me
 
(Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh)
Just keep it friendly girl
'cause I don't wanna leave
(Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh)
If you start clinging to me
you know that I can't breathe
 
Baby, Baby, don't get hooked on me
Baby, Baby, don't get hooked on me
'Cause I'll just use you and I'll set you free
Baby, baby, don't g
et hooked on me.
 
(Music choir plays as Serena and Darien swim together)
 
(Darien)
 
Girl you're a hot-blooded woman, it's true
 
(Serena)
 
And it's hot where you've been touching me
 
(Darien)
 
But I'm afraid I'll end up leavin' you blue
 
(Serena)
 
You've been seeing just a little much of me
 
(Darien)
 
(Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh)
Girl don't let your life get all tangled up in mine,
(Serena)
 
(Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh)
'Cause I'll just use you, I can't take no clinging vine

(All except Link)
 
Baby, Baby, don't get hooked on me
Baby, Baby, don't get hooked on me
'Cause I'll just use you and I'll set you free
Baby,
Baby, don't get hooked on me