Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ School of Rock ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Well, well… shadow saga time already?
 
Now, I think Bongo-Bongo, or “Dark Spirit” as he is also referred to as…
 
I think he'd really sound good with the voice of WISEMAN. Either his deep dark scary voice from when he was briefing Rubeus… or his robotic-like Voice from when in the future.
 
(Also… according to the way the medallions are laid out. you're really supposed to do Shadow last. But you can beat the Spirit Temple with out the hover boots.)
 
(And did you know that you don't actually need the lens of truth for shadow, to make the game even more challenging?)
 
 
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
 
A few days since everyone got back home, and Link was even harder at work than ever. Working on three very important projects to help the team in their quest.
 
-1: Now that the Water Temple was cleared, only two temples remained. Shadow, and Spirit.
 
The trouble was… finding exactly where they were located in the city.
 
Even so, Link recommended that they do the Shadow Temple first. For he remembered a Big-Item that it held which would make the Spirit Temple a lot easier, and the Spirit's items would not be of much use in Shadow.
 
-2: Now that he knew that his beloved Zelda was alive and well, he spent endless nights trying to find her, but never would he seem to get any closer as the Temple of Time couldn't help him to much.
 
But still, the biggest project was number-three.
 
Four shards of the Triforce of Courage still remained, and they couldn't allow Ganondorf to get his hands on any more of them.
 
So they just lay in waiting for something to turn up.
 
 
At the Cherry Hill temple, things certainly had been quieter since the Fire Temple was destroyed, and mysterious heat wave vanished.
 
Rei was getting ready for work at the café, when she noticed a set of flyers were placed down by Chad's. “What's this?”
 
She picked one up and was horrified. It had Chad picture on it, with him holding an electric guitar and a message which read.
 
“Coming soon… Chad's Rock class, for ages 14-25, at the Cherry Hill Temple, Hikawa.
 
“Has he finally gone mad?” Rei growled.
 
Just then, the man himself came around from the corner. “Oh, hey'ya Rei. How's it goin' babe?” He asked with a chipper mood.
 
Rei turned to face him, but she looked anything but amused. “Chad, are you out of your mind?!” she growled while sticking the poster in his face.
 
“Oh, this?” Chad asked. “Yeah. I'm startin' a new School of Rock here to raise money for some charities, and like that.”
 
“Chad… you can't have it here! Not at the temple.” Rei snapped.
 
“Why not? Grandpa like totally gave me permission to hold it here.” Replied Chad.
 
Was Rei going mad, or did he just say that her own Grandfather actually approved of Chad's crazy scheme?
 
Just then her Grandfather came in. “Ah, there you are Rei.” He said. “I see you've heard of the good news. So, I guess you wont mind helping us hang them up around town.”
 
“Grandpa, come on.” she moaned. “You can't just let Chad host some rock-school here. The shrine is usually a quiet place.”
 
Grandpa told her that Chad was doing a very generous thing. The money was in fact going to Charity, and to even some under funded establishments.
 
Well, Rei did have to commend Chad in her opinion “Doing something good for a change.” But she was still outraged at the idea.
 
“I thought maybe even you could help me along to.” said Chad, “I heard you play a mean bass-guitar where you work.”
 
Rei took off like the Road-Runner in cartoons.
 
“Was it somethin' that I like said?”
 
 
As Rei stormed off to work… she had no idea that she was being watched.
 
In a secret crypt
 
Two gigantic ghostly hands were watching rubbing one-a-another, and huge red glowing ball was looking from with in the dark through a looking glass.
 
“Heh, heh, heh! So… that's where the next victim who holds the next Triforce Shard resides, is it?” a wicked and very dark voice hissed.
 
He had recently used his glass to learn that it was in fact Chad himself who had the fifth shard. Unfortunately he had only one difficulty in retrieving it…
 
Suddenly, his looking glass began to glow, and then produced an image of Ganondorf, calling from his own castle… wherever it was.
 
Dark Spirit… haven't you obtained that shard for me yet?!” he bellowed.
 
“Fear not Lord Ganondorf.” replied the beast. “You will have that shard. It's what you unleashed me for isn't it?”
 
Since all of his minions were gone, Ganondorf had been gathering energy to revive this ancient Shadow-monster to help him do his evil bidding, and what better than a creature of pure darkness itself?
 
The only difficulty was, the Dark Spirit's powers and form came with a side effect. He could only move around and work in darkness.
 
If the sun were to shine on him… he would perish.
 
“I shall obtain that shard for you at nightfall.” replied the spirit. “And do not worry… if the Sailor scouts, or the Hero of time were to show up, I have a new band of monsters guaranteed to wipe them out for good.”
 
Ganondorf was liking how this plan seemed to be going. “Very well… I shall leave you to your work.” he said. “If you do manage to gather up all the remaining shards for me, and wipe the kid and his friends out… then--”
 
The spirit cut in, “Then we shall be partners… and rule the world together?”
 
“Eh? Well… perhaps.” replied Ganondorf. “Provided you succeed, mind you.”
 
“But fail me Dark Spirit… and I will show you how powerful darkness… REALLY CAN BE!!” then he was gone.
 
The Dark Spirit could see that Ganondorf meant business. “No matter… I'll get him what he wants.”
 
Meanwhile, at the café
 
Rei was outraged by everyone. Even they thought the idea of Chad holding a Rock class at the temple was cool.
 
“Has the whole world gone insane?!” cried Rei. “Chad can't play at the temple.”
 
“Why not?” asked Darien, “I've heard him play before. I think he should actually play here at the café sometime.”
 
“Oh, I agree.” said Link. “I'll see if he's available and maybe we can try and book him to play with us this week.”
 
Rei, really snapped hard this time when she pounded her fist on the counter causing some of the dishes to fall from the shelves and break.
 
Everyone in the café turned to face the back room. “It's okay folks, everything's under control.” Link said. “… That's coming out of your paycheck, missy.” He whispered to Rei.
 
 
Later , at Cherry Hill
 
Chad and Grandpa had already finished setting up the perfect place for Chad to teach his classes in an old, empty room that hadn't been used for a while.
 
There were speakers, music stands, and even a couple of Chad's guitars. “Oh, hey, how's it goin' Rei?” he asked.
 
Rei just huffed and stomped off for her room.
 
“What… Hold it, Rei… Rei… wait a minute?!”
 
He followed her out into the hallway. “Rei… I don't know why you're so steamed at me, I don't know.”
 
Rei didn't answer, and Chad just kept on following her until they reached her room. “Rei, would you just like say somethin'? Why the heck are you so ticked about this.”
 
Rei finally spun around. “You want to know why Chad?!” she spat at him. “Maybe it's because I can't stand your crazy ideas.”
 
Chad stood there nearly speechless. “My crazy ideas?” he asked. “What you mean by that?”
 
Rei sighed of irritation… Chad had always been cooking up these crazy things to do at the temple, and she could barely stand it.
 
First: He tried to have a luau at the temple with all his friends when he graduation into high-school.
 
Second: When he was told by Grandpa to give the temple roof a new coat of paint, he tried using blood-red instead of cherry-red.
 
Third: When Rei got the flu, and it was on Grandpa's orders for him to take care of her… when she got better, Chad had kept treating her like she couldn't take care of herself.
 
“And now… THIS?!” she growled. “Chad… when are you going to grow up?!” and she slammed the door right in his face.
 
The moment that door hit… Chad felt the sound of the slam like his heart being shattered. “Gee… I didn't know she really saw me that way.”
 
And he walked away slowly with his shoulders drooping forward. He had been shot down when trying to get on Rei's affections before… but this time he really lost his mo-jo there.
 
That evening
 
Rei was meditating in front of the fire to help calm her nerves, when she heard a knock at the door. “Ugh! Go away Chad!” she snapped.
 
The door slid open and there was her Grandfather, and he didn't look at all pleased with his granddaughter. “With an attitude like that… it's no wonder why Chad wanted to leave.” He said.
 
Rei's head snapped up. “What? Chad's leaving?”
 
Grandpa shook his head. “I convinced him to stay… but it seems a certain somebody put her face into things that were none of her concern, and broke his spirits.” He said.
 
“When I spoke to him, he had face bluer than a wet weekend. He said he wanted to leave the temple, and he wanted me to go tear down the posters and mark classes canceled.”
 
Rei was really starting to think maybe she went a little overboard this time. “What have I told you Young-lady? About putting your two cents into things around here.”
 
It didn't matter if Grandpa was sometimes senile, or acting goofy. He was still in charge of running the temple, and he had told Rei numerous times not to try go around telling people off.
 
“I just lost my temper.” Rei said. “You know how I feel about Chad and his crazy schemes.”
 
Grandpa just folded his arms. “Rei… I don't care if Chad started rubbing up against your legs and purring like a cat.” He said. “He's a human being and he has feelings too… and you should really stop to think that maybe he's just trying to help out around here.”
 
“But--”
 
“No buts!” replied Grandpa. “You're grounded for two days, and that means, no shopping! End of discussion!” and he left Rei sulking in the shrine.
 
“I guess I really blew it bad.”
 
Meanwhile
 
It was finally dark enough for the Dark-Spirit to make his move.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… The darker the night. The better the flight.”
 
“So many places to hide, I'll have that Triforce shard, and be out of there in no time.” He waved his ghostly hands together, and three spooky shadows hovered about.
 
“Go, my minions… Go and fulfill your dark purpose.”
 
 
 
Chad was outside sulking as he sat on the bench. His mind kept on going over and over. “Maybe Rei's right… maybe I can't do anything good enough.”
 
Rei was peeking from around the corner, and she could tell Chad was really down in the dumps.
 
Grandpa had also decided earlier, that if Rei could make things up with Chad, he'd let her off the hook, but until she did… No Shopping for her.
 
She thought about it, and Chad was doing this for a good cause. All the money going to charity, and he did compliment her on how well she could play the bass-guitar.
 
Of course the bass-guitar she played was magical, as it always played the correct note regardless of which ones she hit, and when she hit them.
 
“Still… I guess I should make up with him.” she said to herself.
 
However… as she walked over to him, she noticed a dark and creepy Shadow-shape right under his feet… and was growing and growing.
 
“Chad! Chad, get out of there!!” she cried.
 
Chad looked up. “Rei?” and then he got ensnared from above by three Wall-masters. “Huh… YAARRGGH!! WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE?!”
 
Two of the hands pinned Chad down to the ground and blasted him, pumping his body with dark-energy. While the third… sank it's claws magically into his chest and yanked out… “Hey… that's a--”
 
It was indeed… the fifth Triforce Shard.
 
As quick as they had come, the three Wall-Masters were gone, and left Chad incased in a field of black and purple smog. “AAH!! NO DUDE!!”
 
“Chad!!” cried Rei.
 
The Smog had cleared, and there was Chad… only he wasn't himself anymore.
 
He was now dressed like a kind of Zombie Rock-star with a supersonic-guitar that could double as a sword. Even his voice now sounded deeper, and growled when he spoke.
 
“Hey, baby… let's rock!” he growled, and he strummed a long flat note on his guitar which created a supersonic wave that flew just past Rei and put a hole in the ground.
 
Rei saw no one else was watching. “I hate to do this… but it's got to be done.” she said. “MARS STAR POWER… SAGE OF FIRE!!”
 
The Zombie growled at the sight of her as she stood before him.
 
“I am Sailor Mars… Sage of Fire, and protector of this temple.” she sneered. “Give Chad back his body, or prepare to feel the burn!”
 
The Zombie just sniggered, “Ha! You got to be kiddin' me.” and he played more notes on his guitar sending more sonic waves which Mars was able to dodge.
 
“Well… I warned you, and here it comes.” she snapped. “MARS… FIRE IGNITE!!”
 
He flares burnt the zombie to a crisp. “Ha, ha, ha! Who's laughing now.” she taunted.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!!” … and that was the sound of the zombie laughing as his ashes reformed back into him as if he was never even attacked.
 
 
“No way!” cried Mars. “My fire attack didn't work?”
 
“Of course it didn't work. I'm a zombie, you can't kill me with a fire.” growled the zombie.
 
Rei should have known. Zombies were undead creatures, and sometimes possessed the power of immortality. “So you can just come back fresh whenever you get hit.” Said Mars.
 
“Yeah, I can.” sniggered the zombie. “But YOU can't! GRRAAH!!” and he began blasting at her with his sonic guitar waves.
 
“Aah!”
 
“I have to get him off the grounds before he accidentally hurts someone.”
 
“Hey, Rock-boy… if you want me, come and get me.” And she began to run off for the stairs.
 
“Hmm! Fine by me.” growled the zombie
 
The monster chased Mars out into the street and into the town square where she finally stopped.
 
“Hee, hee, hee… what's the matter babe, run low on energy?” sniggered the zombie. “Sit back, and enjoy yourself… it's show time!”
 
He raised his guitar to strum more notes, but suddenly…!
 
POW!!
 
A red rose cut through the air, and snapped the guitar-strings to bits. “Huh?! Hey!”
 
Mars looked up and saw the rest of the gang standing up on the low rooftops. “Guys, most excellent timing.” she said. “But how did you--”
 
Navi flew by Link and landing on his fingers. “Let's just say a little fairy told us.” Link said, and Navi blushed.
 
They all hopped down from the roof. “Careful everyone… that's a dark zombie.” cried Navi. “He'll regenerate if you try to attack him.”
 
That was a bit of a tricky challenge, but not to Link. His master sword, being the sword of evil's bane, could destroy any evil, even if it was immortal.
 
“You're going down.” He growled. “SACRED… MASTER SWORD--!!”
 
“Master wait!!” cried Rei. “You can't just destroy him… that zombie's really Chad.”
 
“Huh? Chad?” Link asked. “He must've carried a Triforce Shard.”
 
“You bet I did.” Growled the zombie, “And now that the boss has it… all I have to do is take you freak-shows out.”
 
Since his guitar was not a zombie, the strings could not be revived, but that was just a minor set back. The zombie pulled off the long end of the guitar to reveal a thick sharp blade.
 
He held the opened holes of the guitar from the bottom, and began going crazy at everyone. “Take cover!” cried Link.
 
Everyone scattered about, and Link was first to step up to the plate. clashing and parrying with his own sword to the zombie's.
 
The zombie didn't just look dirty, but he fought dirty too as he kicked Link while he wasn't looking.
 
The Tuxedo Mask charged in with his Big-Goron sword, but he also got whacked away.
 
The scouts tried all of their best attacks too… but to no avail.
 
“You've had your shots, now it's my turn!” the zombie growled, and he began to go wild. Luckily his sword wasn't all that strong to get through the girls' armor, but it didn't change much…
 
He was still strong enough to send them flying, and both Link and Tuxedo had no armor to defend with, but that still didn't help them with the big question… and that was how to help Chad.
 
“Hey… listen…” called Navi. “The spirit that's controlling Chad is a creature of pure darkness. So you just need to shed some light on Chad, and it might help extract the spirit from his body.”
 
“Shed some light… of course!” said Link. “And I think I have just what we need.” He muttered as he pulled out his Ocarina.
 
The Zombie finally had all the scouts and Tuxedo laying before him. All of them weary from battle, while he was still fresh from recovery.
 
“Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah! Time to face the pretty music.” he chuckled.
 
“Not so fast!” Link called, and everyone turned to face him.
 
“Well, well… Sorry kid, but all front row seats are taken.” the zombie said. “But maybe if you hand over those other two Shards you got, I might make an acceptation.”
 
Link held out his hand and showed him the two shards he had. “You want them… come and get them.” He sneered.
 
“As you wish!” the zombie sneered as he began charging with his sword at the ready. “Coming right at you…!!”
 
Link just stood there with his Ocarina and said, “What's a show without a spotlight.” And he began playing a new song that the others never heard before… The Sun's Song.
 
Now usually on Legora, the Sun's song allowed Link to change Day into night, and vice-versa… but on Earth, it had a different sort of effect.
 
The zombie was almost close enough to cut Link up into ribbons, when suddenly, a tube of bright light came from above and incased the zombie in it.
 
“GAAH!! LIGHT!” the zombie cried. He shielded his eyes and began hopping mad in the tube. “I CAN'T STAND THE LIGHT!!”
 
(MY PET MONSTER. I miss that show BEASTER was so funny.)
 
“What's happening there?” asked Sailor Moon.
 
“The light.” said Mercury. “Somehow, the darkness in the monster's body must be vulnerable to bright sources.”
 
And indeed it was… The monsters groaning continued, and finally there were in fact two forms standing before Link.
 
One was Chad, as his old self again. He collapsed from exhaustion, as he was weary… and the other form was the evil spirit that changed him into the zombie in the first place.
 
“All right everyone… let's get that spirit!” Link called. GO, FIERCE DEITY.” And he changed to his most powerful form, and prepared for his combo-attack with the girls.
 
JUPITER THUNDER
 
“VENUS… CRESCENT BEAM…”
 
“SACRED… FIERCE DEITY… HELIX-SWORD…”
 
“…CRASH!!”
 
“…SMASH!!”
 
“…ATTACK!!”
 
Links sword, now powered up with the force of the Thunder-beam… blasted straight at the evil spirit, and since it no longer had a body to control it wouldn't be able to come back to life.
 
“I SHALL CONTINUE TO HUANT YOU!!” it whimpered… the it vaporized, evaporated, and was gone.
 
Another job well done. They may had lost another Triforce Shard… but at least Chad was going to be all right.
 
Later that evening
 
Rei and Chad did indeed make up.
 
Rei agreed not only to help Chad with his School of Rock, but she even asked if all her friends could come and help him play a demo song for all his students, and Chad accepted graciously.
 
After then… everyone met at the Temple of time where Link had gotten a breakthrough of what happed to Chad.
 
“It's just as I feared… the Evil Shadow Spirit has returned.” He said.
 
“Evil Shadow Spirit? What's that?” asked Serena.
 
Link and Navi told them the story… with the aid of the Door of Time providing them with images.
 
 
Long ago on Planet Legora… Princess Zelda's care taker, Impa, who was known to be the last remaining of the Sheikah race had once faced and evil shadow monster, that went the name of Bongo-Bongo.
 
This monster was not originally one of Ganondorf's minions, but he was hired by Ganon to do his bidding.
 
Bongo-Bongo was known as the King of all shadows, and well known for producing the most creepy and mysterious of all monsters.
 
Impa had once successfully locked Bongo up in a village well, and buried him deep underground… but eventually he escaped and returned to the world… which led to Link destroying him for good.
 
“Now it looks as though he's back… and I'll bet my boots that Ganon is behind all this.” Link said.
 
“So what do we do about it?” asked Serena. “I mean, if that monster has shadow-powers greater than mine, how can we even find him?”
 
“I agree…” added Amy. “The speed of Dark is far more faster than that of the speed of light. He could appear anywhere at any time and be gone in a flash.”
 
Link had a feeling this was going to happen, but he was prepared for it. He showed everyone one of his new gadgets, and made copies of it for everyone.
 
A strange looking magnifying glass with a magic glass. Link magically fused the magic of the glasses into everyone else's eyes.
 
“This is the Lens of Truth.” Link said. “What you do is… simply tap the side of your head a few times, and you'll be able to see what the naked eye can't see alone, and will provide us with night-vision so we can see better in the dark.”
 
“So… it's kind of like an X-ray vision glass?” asked Mina.
 
“Well that's putting it simply.” said Navi, “But yes… basically, and we are going to need them if we hope to beat Bongo this time.”
 
“But be warned…” Link said. “Using this magic will use up your power, so remember to use it wisely and carefully.”
 
Serena was somewhat disappointed a bit when she tried hers on Rei's head, trying to read her thoughts, but that's not really they were for.
 
“I just wanted to see if maybe Rei did have secret feelings for Chad.”
 
Everyone had to laugh at that statement, except for Rei who still wasn't so sure. Even if she did have feelings for Chad… she wasn't willing to admit it… at least not out loud.
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “We all need to make a little living with ourselves. Even if it's not a lot, it can still be something.”
 
Rei: “Hobbies and jobs are pretty much ways of life that everyone needs to get somewhere… Like Chad and his Rock music.”
 
Amy: “Still, even if it may seem that some people have it better than others, or they just may not like the way you do things, that doesn't make them weird or strange.”
 
Serena: “Even my hobbies and things can seem pretty dopey, but it's only because I'm different than others, and that still gives me a living.”
 
Lita: “Even if it seems you're the only one who thinks or does the way things do, well, then that's just one of the many things that makes you special in the world.”
 
Mina: “Just remember… everyone has a different way of making a living, it may not be a lot, but it can be a life.”
 
(Song, performed at Cherry hill.)
 
(Chad on Number one guitar. Darien on Number two Guitar. Rei on Bass-Guitar.Link on Keyboard and organ. Lita on Drums.)
 
(Sung By Chad, cover from Rei, with Serena, Amy, and Mina as the chorus)
 
 
Opening night for Chad's new classes, and he was already packed full of students. This of course meant a lot of money was going to the charities.
 
Everyone was really excited when Chad stepped up onto the stage. “Hey, How's it goin'?” he said to his students.
 
“The name's Chad… and even though I'm the teach at this, I want be your buddy. So me and some of my friends here… we'd like play a little somethin' to welcome you all here tonight.”
 
The crowd went wild as the music started. Chad even brought some fog machines to add atmosphere, and some wild strobe-lights too.
 
(Chad)
 
Baby we was making straight A's,
But we were stuck in a dumb daze.
Don't take much to memorize your lies.
I feel like I've been hypnotisi
zed.
 
And then that magic man; he come to town.
Whoo wee!
He done spun my head around.
He said, "Recess is in session.
Two and two make five."
And now baby, oh, I'm alive.
Oh yeah!
I'm alive

(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) And if you want to be the teacher's pet,
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) Well baby you just better forget it.
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) Rock got no reason. Rock got no rhyme.
(OoohOoohOOOHH!!) You better get me to school on time.
OH YE-YEAH!!
 
(Chad plays wild guitar solo)
 
(Rei)
 
Oh you know I was on an honor roll.
Got good grades and got no soul.
Raised my hand before I could speak my mind.
I been b
iting my tongue too many times.
 
(Chad)
 
And then that magic man took you away. (Uh-huh)
"Do what magic man do, not what magic man say."
(Say what)
Now can I please have the attention of the class.
Today's assignment... a hem...
 
(Everyone)
 
…KICK SOME ASS!!
 
(Chad)
 
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) And if you want to be the teacher's pet,
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) Well baby you just better forget it.
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) Rock got no reason. Rock got no rhyme.
(Ooh, la, la, la) You better get me to school on time.
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) And if you want to be the teacher's pet,
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) Well baby you just better forget it.
(Ooh la, la, la. Ooh, la, la, la.) Rock got no reason. Rock got no rhyme.
(OoohOoohOOOHH!!) You better get me to school on time.
OH YE-YEAH!!
 
(Music calms down… and then BLAST OFF)

(Chad)
 
This is the final exam.
Now you all know who I am .
I might not be that perfect son.
But ya'll be rockin' when I'm done.
 
(Darien plays Wild guitar solo)
 
(The song ends)
 
Author's notes:
 
DU-U-U-UDE!
 
I LOVE THAT SONG! HEH, HEH, HEH!!