Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Don't be afraid ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
 
In his hidden crypt… Bongo-Bongo, or Dark-Spirit… still almost completely hidden by the darkness was rather pleased with himself.
 
“I may not have gotten the Hero, or his Sailor friends… but I was able to secure another shard.” he sniggered. “Now… why don't we go get another one.”
 
He clapped his two huge hands to activate his looking glass. “Once I find who the next victim is… I will get them yet. Hmm, mm, mm!”
 
“Ganondorf and I will be partners in no time. Heh, heh, heh, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Link was in his Temple scanning the radar at a new Triforce Shard that was very close by. “It's right here… at this Pre-School.”
 
“Hey, I remember that place.” said Rei, “That's where I went to kindergarten.”
 
“Hey, I went there too.” added Lita.
 
“Me too.” Mina cut in.
 
“So did I.” Amy and Serena said at the same time.
 
It was that amazing. They all had gone to the same preschool, but never once even spoke to one-another, but still, it brought back memories.
 
Painting, sing-alongs, snack time… Serena just enjoyed nap-time, and even way back then, Lita and Mina were boy-crazy.
 
“But how are we supposed to find the shard if it's in there?” asked Darien.
 
“Darien has a point.” added Luna. “That shard could even be in one of the children there.”
 
Amy though that was just awful. If A child did have a shard in them, then Ganondorf would go to no ends to grab it.
 
“Well, that's where we lucked out.” Navi said. “You see… before Link gave out the Lens of truth to everyone, I gave them each a special power.”
 
Link told them that the lenses each had the power to see if a human had a shard in them, and for an example he tossed one of the two shards that he had into the main lobby of the Temple.
 
Now usually it would take hours to find a tiny little shard, what with all the trees, flowers, bushes and fountains everywhere. Not to mention the background music of the Temple driving you nuts.
 
But with their X-Ray visions from the lens of truth, it only took a few seconds. “This way, we'll be able to find the victim, and be prepared to outsmart the enemy.” Link said.
 
“The tables have turned… this time the shard will be ours.”
 
Later on that day
 
Since it was a three-day weekend for the girls and their schools. Link had assigned them, Darien, and himself the day of volunteer work at the day-care.
 
“I can't believe I have to spend my Friday off at a school.” Serena groaned. “And a preschool too.”
 
“Serena, really.” grunted Luna. “We're going there on a mission, and to help out the children. Surely you can't say no to that.”
 
Serena sighed. “I guess not.”
 
They met up with the others at the last corner on the way to the preschool. “Well, only two minutes late. You're getting better.” Rei mocked.
 
“Not funny, Rei!” Serena said with her teeth clenched.
 
“Take it easy Serena. It's time to get our game faces on.” Link said. “Remember, these are toddlers were dealing with, be nice and be tolerant with them.”
 
They walked into the playground of the preschool just as the kids were coming out for playtime. They were all followed by the teacher, and surprisingly.
 
“Hey, it's Davis and Kari.” said Amy.
 
(Like I said… I'm not called King of Dakari for nothing you know.)
 
The couple were happy, and surprised to see the gang there that day. “So you two are still together, huh?” Lita playfully asked.
 
Davis wrapped his arm around Kari's waist. “Yeah, quite happily too.” he said. “I call Kari… The woman without whom I would be lost.”
 
When Serena asked what they were doing at the preschool, it turned out that Kari's dream was to become a preschool teacher.
 
“So I asked if I could spend some of my community service hours for school here at the preschool and get to know things better.” said Kari. “Davis signed up for the same thing, just to impress me, but now he actually enjoys this.”
 
The teacher, who the girls remembered as Mrs. Izumi, told everyone about the schedule that day and that they were having a parents get together night at the school.
 
“If you'd all like to stay you're more than welcome.” She said. “There will even be cake and juice for refreshments.”
 
Serena jumped right at the moment, and of course Link did allow them to go, but he secretly told them they were going to keep an eye on things until they were certain that the target, whoever he or she was, was safe.
 
So everyone got to work.
 
Amy and Link began playing with some of the kids by the fountain and the water bins. Helping make small splashes, making whirlpools, and all that stuff.
 
Some of the kids even remembered Amy as the nice Doctor who gave them checkups that day Amy had her treat at the hospital.
 
Secretly, Link and Amy tapped their heads and scanned all the kids with their truth-vision and when hey got a second alone, they both reported “Negative.” Meaning: none of the kids had the Triforce shard in them.
 
Lita, and Mina were playing with some of the kids at the swings, and it sure brought them back some memories of being in the park with their mothers.
 
They scanned all the kids in their vicinity too, but they also had a negative report.
 
Serena and Rei were playing with the kids in the sandbox, and… Well…
 
“Serena, keep to your own side!”
 
“Why, don't you do likewise!”
 
Their little squabble made some of the kids cry, and the rest want to get as far away from them as possible, but it didn't matter that much, they were all scanned and reported negative.
 
Darien was over where Davis and Kari were playing jump-rope, hopscotch or, ball with some other kids, he was rather enjoying himself as the kids seemed to really like him. He scanned all the kids there and none of them had the shard either.
 
Suddenly, Darien looked up and over, and he saw one little girl whom they hadn't scanned yet, nor had they even noticed. She was sitting all by herself on the benches looking a little sad.
 
“Hey, Kari… who's that over there?” he asked.
 
Kari looked up. “Oh, that's Susie.” she said. “She doesn't really get along well with the other kids because she's afraid of the dark, and all the other kids laughed at her.”
 
“Now she won't even talk to anyone because she's really nervous about coming here tonight with her parents.”
 
Darien didn't think that was very nice of the other kids, and decided to go over and try to talk to her.
 
“Susie.” he said kindly. “Don't you want to come out and play with everyone else?”
 
Susie looked up shook her head. “They don't want to play with me.” She said sadly. “They laughed at me because they found out I'm scared of the dark, and now they keep on calling me names, and are mean to me.”
 
Darien sat down right beside her. “You know Susie… being afraid of the dark is something that can be scary. I'd know because I was once afraid of it too.”
 
Susie's eyes widened. “You were scared of the dark too?” she asked.
 
“Well, yeah… it's pretty natural for kids like you to be afraid of certain things, but soon I began to realize the dark isn't really anything be so afraid of, and it can sometimes even be fun.”
 
“Really? It can be fun?” Susie asked.
 
Just then, three other kids came by and one of them said. “Ha! Don't be silly.”
 
“Yeah Susie, the dark is really scary, and all the monsters who live inside it will come out and get you.”
 
Susie began to tremble in fear, and moan.
 
“Hey… wasn't very nice.” Darien said. “You shouldn't be picking on her like that.”
 
The kids just held their heads up high, “Why not, she's afraid of everything. We won't have to scare her, she can do that on her own.”
 
The kids laughed and walked away leaving poor little Susie all scared and upset. “Awe, Susie don't pay attention to them.” He said to comfort her.
“But, they are right.” Susie said, “I am afraid of everything… sometimes I even scare myself.”
 
“Sometimes… sometimes I wish I was a grown-up like you. Then I wouldn't ever be scared again.”
 
Darien smiled and laughed a little. “Kids.” He muttered. “Susie, it doesn't really matter if you're grow-up or not. There will always be something out there that scares you.”
 
Susie looked confused. “I thought grown-ups and big kids weren't afraid of anything.” she said.
 
Darien shook his head. “It's not true.” He replied. “All grown-ups and teenagers get scared, just like you do. Even me, but you can't always let it get you.”
 
Susie never thought of it that way before. So she decided to come to parents-night, and Darien promised that if she could be big and brave, he'd share with her an extra big slice of cake.
 
Susie felt a little better and then ran off to play with some kids who didn't think she was weird at all. Darien smiled.
 
However, his smiled faded when he scanned Susie before she disappeared into he crowd… and there it was!
 
Susie… had the sixth Triforce Shard in her.
 
 
After their hours were finished, they all met at the Temple of Time where Darien told them everything.
 
“So Susie has the shard.” Rei said.
 
“No mistake about it.” Darien said, “I saw it myself.”
 
“Good work Darien.” Navi said. “That takes care of problem number-one, but problem number-two is, how do we get the shard out of her?”
 
“Master don't you have some sort of… Triforce… grabber of some sort?” Serena asked.
 
Link shook his head. “No, Serena.” he said. “If I did have anything that could extract the shards, I would've have shown you all earlier.”
 
“But the fact is that I don't, and we're going to have to keep a closer eye on that kid tonight, so help us. For all we know, she could in danger as it is.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Bongo had indeed found out that little Susie was his next target, but what he didn't know was about Link's little secret plans.
 
So, now that the sun was already setting, rather than just stop to think, he went on ahead to unleash his spirits.
 
“Such a shame too.” he hissed behind the shadows. “Poor little girl, who hasn't even lived long enough to understand and enjoy life better. It is regrettable that I must do this, but it must be done.
 
He clapped his hands together, and out flew his shadows. “Go my pretties. Go, and get me that shard. Heh, heh, heh!
 
Later that night
 
The gang did indeed arrive at the preschool and partook of the parents night, but strangely Susie was nowhere to be found.
 
Mina asked Ms. Izumi, and it was told that Susie was running a little late, but she was due to arrive any minute.
 
Some of the other kids thought she was just being all scared again, and was to freaked out by the dark to show up at all.
 
“She's probably at home right now, hiding under her bed.”
 
Darien really hoped Susie would come soon, for he had already saved her that big slice of cake he promised her.
 
“Look on the bright side.” Serena said. “If she doesn't show up, you can share the cake me at least.”
 
Everyone sighed at that. “As much I'd like that Serena, I'm afraid that just wouldn't be right.” Darien said.
 
Now was Serena's turn to sigh, but she knew it was for the best. They were trying to help a little kid after all. “Hey, where's Master?”
 
 
Link was actually hiding up in one of the trees which overlooked the parking-lot, outside. When he heard that Susie would be coming late, he thought that outside would be a great place for the shadows to strike.
 
“This time… I'll be ready.” He whispered to himself.
 
Luna and Artimus, who were also out with him came back from looking up the street and reported no signs of trouble yet.
 
“Navi, do you see anything?”
 
Navi flew up high and took a gaze around the regions, and saw a car turning onto the street, heading their way. “It's them all right, but everything looks just fine.”
 
Link was relived to hear that, but didn't head back just yet. He had a feeling something was going to happen any second.
 
 
In the car, Susie was sitting in her child's seat, twiddling her thumbs and still feeling a little shaky by how dark the night was getting.
 
Her mother looked behind at her, “Oh, honey relax… there's nothing out there to be afraid of.” she said.
 
Susie still didn't know. She tried her hardest to remember what Darien had told her, but she still thought that somewhere… something… was out there waiting to get her.
 
Then… something did!
 
As the pulled up to the parking lot, all the car's tires went flat, and it slammed down hard on the ground. Susie and her mother both screamed when they saw what it was.
 
Three strange, shadowy hands pounding on the glass of the windows, shattering them. One of the three knocked Susie's mom unconscious, while the other two went after the shard.
 
Little did they know that Link saw the whole thing from up in the tree. “Ah-Ha… right on target.” He said to himself. “Luna, Artimus… go get the others!”
 
Luna and Artimus nodded and were off leaving Link and Navi to prepare for battle. “Ready Navi?”
 
“Link… I was born ready.”
 
“Okay… let's go then.” replied Link. “ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!” and he transformed into his true form.
 
Susie screamed the loudest scream she had ever screamed as the Shadow-hands blasted her and pumped her full of dark energy… and there was the Triforce-Shard.
 
They were just about to grab it, when Link came swinging from his Hookshot and grabbed it first. “Ah-ah-ah… you don't know where this has been.” he mocked.
 
The Hands were outraged, and began to ambush him, but Link quickly placed the shard in his hand along side the other two, and made short work of those little pests.
 
Then he turned his attention to the black smoke where Susie was sitting. “Uh-oh… something tells me it's not the welcome wagon.”
 
And indeed it wasn't the welcome wagon.
 
When the smoke had cleared, the creature that stood before him was. “I am called Night-witch you little slick.” she spoke in rhyme, “Give back that Shard, or your butt I'll kick!”
 
Link drew out his sword. “Fat chance of me doing that, Wart-bags!” he snapped.
 
The Witch growled and then burst out from the car and levitated herself in mid-air. “Have it your way silly fool. Time to show just how I can be cruel.”
 
She waved her broomstick around and began to fire a spell directly towards Link he dodged it, and the spell merely fried the payment.
 
More spells were fired, and Link out ran them as the gained on his tail. “Navi, can you tell what her weakness is?” he asked as he ran.
 
“All set with that check.” Navi said. “Just get her broomstick away from her, and she'll be completely defenseless.”
 
Easier said than done that would be. The Spells were coming at him from all directions like a meteor shower, and even if he was able to get close to even try and disarm her, she was a witch after all, and as long as she held that broom, there was no telling what she could do.
 
When Link tried to dive at her, she just vanished in a puff of smoke, getting out of the way and popped back up again somewhere else to resume attacking.
 
“I am through fooling around with you. So turn you to a frog I'll do.” The witch cackled and poised her broom.
 
“Magic broom, quick like a jog… Turn this scallywag into a frog!!”
 
Her broom fired a big green sparkling comet from the bristles, and the spell came straight at Link from behind he tried to dodge it, but it kept following him like metal attracted to a magnet.
 
“You can run, you can stride... But from this spell you cannot hide.”
 
Link tried to out run it, but it seemed that the Spell was gaining on him fast.
 
“Run, run as fast as you can… But my spell is faster yet, little man.”
 
Finally Link turned and raised his shield. “If I can't out run it, at least I'll defend myself from it.” But the spell actually went right through the shield and got him.
 
“Be smart as all your defenses would… But against this spell, defenses are no good.”
 
“Whoa!! AAH!!”
 
“Link… No!!” cried Navi.
 
The light and smoke vanished, and Link was now nothing more than a helpless little frog. Navi was horrified. “You… You turned Link into a frog.” She cried.
 
“No wonder I feel so strange.” Link thought, as he couldn't rightly speak.
 
The witch came down to the ground and held her broom so the bristles nearly brushed the little frog. “Heh, heh, heh! Now little hero, I have won... And very soon your time will be done… I'll take your shards, they shall be mine… and then bake you in a pie and eat you so fine.”
 
The little frog quivered in fear as the witch powered up her broom, but just them.
 
SLASH!! She got struck by a flying red rose. “That rose really hurt my hand... Show yourself now, do as I command!”
 
Tuxedo Mask and the scouts leapt into action. “How dare you turn our poor Master into a helpless little frog.” Tuxedo growled, “You will pay dearly for this.”
 
The witch turned to face the group. “You talk mighty big, it is true… But punish me, you will not do!” and she fired her broom again.
 
“Scatter!” cried Sailor Mars and everyone ran off in different directions.
 
Sailor Mercury even ran right towards the witch and grabbed the frog away fro her. “Hold on Master, we'll get you back to normal.” she said.
 
“Not if I can help it… You ungrateful Nitwit!” growled the witch and she fired at her vigorously, and Jupiter couldn't attack while she held Link in her arms.
 
“Hold on Jupiter!” cried Venus. “SPIRIT… SAND-STORM… BLOW!!” and she blew a huge cloud of dust at the witch making it hard for her to see, letting Mercury escape.
 
“We have to destroy that broomstick.” Mercury called. “It's the only way to change Master back.”
 
Sailors Moon and Mars, and Jupiter already both had an idea. “Let's go!” cried Mars.
 
Sailor Moon went first. “SHADOW… ZOOMING… STRIKE!!” She changed into her shadow form and zoomed along the ground.
 
The witch had just brushed off the dust and was about start attack again until Sailor Moon slipped right under her feet and bopped her and her broomstick up high.
 
“Y-Y-YEOW!!”
 
As the witch tried to grab hold of her broom again, Jupiter stepped in. “FOREST… VINE-WHIP… LASH!!” and she ensnared the broom with her vines.
 
“Huh?! Ah?!”
 
Now for the final touch. “How about we add a little fire?” Mars said. “MARS FIRE… IGNITE!!”
 
Like all brooms, even a witch's broom couldn't stand up to flames and it was burned to a crisp. “GAAH!! My broom it is gone… and my spell is undone!!”
 
Link finally changed back to his old self again.
 
“Master… are you alright?” Tuxedo asked.
 
Link stood and brushed off his tunic. “Best I've felt all day.” he said.
 
The witch was jumping in tantrum over the loss of her broom. “My broom is gone, I'll admit… but this isn't over not by my wit!”
 
“Awe, I wouldn't say that.” Link said as he got out his Ocarina. “Perhaps you need a vacation in the sun!” and he played the Sun's Song which incased the witch in a tube of light.
 
“I hate sunshine!” she growled. “I hate… horrible, wholesome sunshine! I HATE IT, I HATE IT!! HATE, HATE, HAAAATE!!!”
 
Finally, the dark shadow separated from Susie's body, and Susie lay on the ground unharmed.
 
“All right... Now's our chance.” said Link. “GO FIERCEY DIETY!!” and he changed to his strongest form. “Ready, ladies?”
 
Jupiter and Venus nodded.
 
“JUPTIER… THUNDER…!!”
 
“VENUS… CRESCENT BEAM…!!”
 
“SACRED… FIERCE DIETY… HELIX-SWORD…!!”
 
“…CRASH!!”
 
“…SMASH!!”
 
“… ATTACK!!”
 
Link slashed his powered-up sword at the Dark-spirit, vaporizing the evil essence to dust.
 
Meanwhile
 
Bongo saw everything.
 
“No! How could this have happened?!” he snarled. “Not only did they defeat one of my best creations, but the snatched the shard away from me as well.”
 
“Ganondorf will not like this!”
 
 
Eventually Susie came to, and she was going to be alright. Her mother was okay too, but the car was a bit of wreck, but all would be taken care of.
 
The kids even quit picking on Susie when they asked her what it was like to be saved by the Sailor scouts and the Hero of time.
 
The kids now knew it was okay for Susie to be afraid, but Susie knew that maybe one day she'd get over her fears of the dark.
 
But for now… she was just enjoying that piece of cake Darien saved for her. “You sure were brave out there kid.” He said.
 
“Do you really think so?” Susie asked.
 
“I know so. I'll bet the Sailor scouts would think the same thing if they were still here.”
 
Susie smiled. “Maybe they would… but still, it's a shame I didn't get to thank them. I wonder where they went?”
 
Link, Darien and the girls all winked at each other.
 
Now they had three shards of the Triforce, that tied them with Ganondorf once again. Now with only two shards remaining, they could only hope that they could break that draw.
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “It usually is natural for most little kids, like Susie, to be afraid of some things that aren't really that scary, but that doesn't mean they're that different from everyone.”
 
Serena: “Yeah… there's lots of things that can scare people out there. Like getting a bad grade on a test or something.
 
Amy: “Everyone in the world, Kids, adults, and teenagers alike are all afraid of something in life. Nobody is completely brave from everything.”
 
Rei: “Sometimes when something bothers you, it's best to try and do or think of things you can do to help yourself feel less afraid.”
 
Lita: “Remember that only true courage comes from within you. It doesn't really come from relics, or items.”
 
Mina: “Just remember… it's perfectly all right to be afraid of at least something in life. Nobody is brave of everything, and everyone is afraid of something.”
 
(Song, sung by Darien as he walks through a haunted forest)
 
(Darien)
 
Everyone's afraid of something.
So don't be afraid of your fear.
Take a deep breath and count to ten,
And soon it'll disappear.
 
If you're afraid of a shadow,
You see when you're alone.
Don't be frightened, don't be scared,
It might just be your-own.
Everyone gets afraid, its really true.
Everyone gets afraid, so why shouldn't You?
 
Everyone's afraid of something.
So don't be afraid of your fear.
Take a deep breath and count to ten,
And soon it'll disappear.
 
Don't let your imagination,
Runaway from you.
You could blame somebody for,
Something they did not do.
Everyone gets afraid, its really true.
Everyone gets afraid, so why shouldn't You?
 
Everyone's afraid of something.
So don't be afraid of your fear.
Take a deep breath and count to ten,
And soon it'll disappear.
 
Don't be afraid of the dark because,
It always goes away.
Just wait awhile, and soon there'll be,
A brand new, bright new day.
Everyone gets afraid, its really true.
Everyone gets afraid, so why shouldn't You?
 
Everyone's afraid of something.
So don't be afraid of your fear.
Take a deep breath and count to ten…
“Huuuu… 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… 6…7… 8… 9… 10”
And soon it'll disappe-e-e-e-e-ear.