Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part Two: Facing the Danger ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
 
With the Hover Boots now in their possession. Link and Sailor Moon backtracked to the main entrance hall. It was time to cross the chasm the lead to the door in the statue on the other side.
 
Sailor Moon didn't feel quite so confident about this. “But what if it doesn't work?” she asked. “What if we fall?”
 
Link told her to trust in the boots… they would work. “Look, just do as I do, okay. Watch!” he backed up a bit and took a real big running start and charged toward the ledge.
 
Sailor Moon was even too scared to cover her eyes, but when Link ran off the ledge, he just kept right on going, clean across the chasm and landed safely on the ledge at the other side.
 
“Just trust in the boots.” Link said. “Come on!”
 
Sailor Moon decided to do exactly what he did and take a running start. She breathed deeply. “Tallyho.” She muttered and she cried out hard as she ran across the floor, over the chasm and nearly knocked Link over when she reached him.
 
“Feel better?” Link asked.
 
Sailor Moon smiled. “Yeah… I do.”
 
“Well that sure is a change of pace.” Navi said, “Can we please get going now?!”
They walked into the door in the statue's mouth, and down a dark, sloped tunnel. Link suddenly stopped them in before the entered the next room.
 
“What is that?” Sailor Moon asked as she pointed to the weird statue with a large rotating eye in the center of the room.
 
“It's a Beamos.” Link answered. “It doesn't have any feet, so it can't chase us… but what it does is worse.”
 
Sailor Moon didn't like the sound of that, and Link demonstrated to her by rolling a small stone out towards the Beamos.
 
The huge eye stopped rotating and fired a beam from it's pupil vaporizing the rock to dust. Sailor Moon turned blue. “EE-E-E! How do we stop it?” she cried.
 
Navi sweat dropped in disgust. “Well the first thing is to stop that whimpering.” she said. “Ah! Kids.”
 
Link whipped out a bomb, “The Beamos has only one weakness…” he muttered. “…And only I know it.” he tossed the bomb out towards the Beamos. and when it exploded the statue went up with the bomb.
 
“It's never a good thing to get smoke in your eyes.” replied Link.
 
They walked into the room, but found no doors anywhere… at least not that they could see through their eyes alone.
 
Sailor Moon used her Truth-Vision to give Link a rest, and found both the walls on the sides of the room to be false with doors behind them.
 
“Right… let's go in through the one on the right first.” Link said. “If I remember correctly, the Compass should be in that chamber.”
 
They crossed over into the room and got locked in. They were faced with monsters exactly like the Re-Deads… only these one looked like giant Mummies, called Gibdos.
 
“Sailor Moon… remember… don't look them in the eyes.” Link said, and now that she understood it better, it was easy for her and Link to crush all the monsters.
 
“Well that went well.” Sailor Moon chuckled. “I guess maybe I'm getting even more better at this that I thought.”
 
“One lucky fight, doesn't make a brave warrior.” grunted Navi.
 
Link didn't know if Navi would ever stop bad-mouthing Sailor Moon, but he did get the Compass from the chest that had appeared. Now they'd be able to find other hidden chests in the Temple.
 
Then, they headed back outside, and entered the room on the left side wall, and this room was much larger, and looked rather dangerous.
 
Two twin statues holding two huge blades were rotating around the room. Planks and shackles lay all over the floor and even some hanging from the ceiling.
 
“Eww… creepy!” Sailor Moon moaned. “What are we supposed to do, and let's do it quickly and get out of here.”
 
There were also five Silver Rupees lying across the room, and according to the map and the compass… the treasure chest they needed to reach was behind a gate which would only open if all the rupees were collected.
 
“You take the ones over there… I'll take all on that side.” Link said.
 
“Uh… Me?”
 
“Well you did say you want to get out of here faster, and this is the only way.” replied Link, and he scuttled off… rolling under the blades as they passed, and he grabbed two of the rupees.
 
Sailor Moon hated it when she got herself into this stuff, and it took her at least several tries before she worked up the never to run past the blades without stopping and moving back in fear.
 
She did manage to grab a rupee, but when she turned into an alcove, there was another one of those scary looking plaques.
 
“Hey… wonder what it SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS!!!” when she tried to move towards the plaque without looking closely… she fell through the fake floor.
 
Link grabbed the fourth rupee. “There, just one more to go.” he muttered. “Sailor Moon, grab the last one for me will you.”
 
There was no response. “Huh? Sailor Moon?”
 
“Thought she was with you.” said Navi.
 
Link shook his head. “Sailor Moon! Where are you?” he called out. His voice echoed along the walls, and suddenly…
 
“Help!”
 
Her voice seemed to be coming from the chamber, but there was no sign of her anywhere. Link turned on his Truth-Vision and saw the alcove that had no floor there.
 
He hopped down, and on his way, he grabbed the last rupee which unlocked the gate by the chest they needed to get to.
 
He poked his head through the floor illusion and there she was. Struggling with some dead corpses. “Help… get these things off of me!” she cried.
 
Link hopped down and pries her off the corpses. “Sailor Moon… are you alright?” he asked.
 
“Yeah, but I broke my flashlight.” She cried and then it got worse as a small popping sound came from her hardhat. “My headlight went out too!”
 
She looked around, “Gee… it really is dark in here.” Then her hardhat slipped down over her eyes. “Help!! It's even darker in here!!” she squealed.
 
“Ah! Typical… kids!” Link grunted he pulled off her hard hat. “Thanks Master.”
 
“Hey… it was my fault anyways. I forget to mention that there are fake floors around here too.” replied Link.
 
“Well, I'll be sure to keep that in mind now.” said Sailor Moon.
 
“Good for y--” Link stopped when he looked through the bars of the cage the fell into. “Whew… would you look at that!”
 
Navi and Sailor Moon looked through the bars, and both were shocked.
 
“Gee… you really fell onto something big here Sailor Moon.” Navi said.
 
“What you think it is?” asked Sailor Moon. “It looks like some giant ship or something.”
 
Link looked at it more closely, and it was indeed a ship. He remembered when he had conquered the Shadow Temple before on Planet Legora… that boat carried him up to the final levels.
 
“How do we get to it?” Sailor Moon asked. “Except for Navi… we can't fit through these bars.”
 
Navi even looked at a stone block it on the floor which was actually blocking the way into the chamber. “No, there's no way through here.”
 
“There's only one way… We'll have to go the long way, through the rest of the Temple.” said Link. “Come on… let's go.”
 
Sailor Moon had a bad feeling that she was going to regret this as she climbed up the wire-fence to get back to the top room.
 
Link pointed out that he got the last rupee and that the gate where the chest was had opened. “Good… let's get that key and get out of here.” Said Sailor Moon as she rushed in.
 
“Uh… Sailor Moon… I wouldn't go in there just--”
 
“AAH!”
 
Link and Navi smacked their foreheads. “Too late!” they both said.
 
They headed over to the alcove and saw Sailor Moon petrified by a big Skulltula. “Get it away! Get it away from me!!” she whined.
 
Link sighed and just fired his Hookshot as the big Spider, destroying it in a flash. “I warned you to be careful right before we entered the Temple Sailor Moon.” He said. “Monsters could be lurking around every corner. You have to stay cautious.”
 
Sailor Moon nodded rapidly, and then she got up and opened the small chest, but found that it only contained some silly arrows for their bows.
 
“That's weird.” she said as she looked at the compass. “According to this there's supposed to be another chest here, but I don't see it.”
 
Link and Navi opened their mouths to speak, but she got the drift right away. “Ah, wait, I know…”
 
“Use the Truth-Vision.” they all said together.
 
She tapped her head, and she saw it… the chest was also invisible, but when she opened it, it appeared “POP!” out of nowhere, and there was the first small key.
 
“Maybe I should leave the compass to you, and try to read the map instead.” Sailor Moon suggested.
 
“That has got to be the first logical suggestion she's ever made this far.” Navi mocked under her breath.
 
“I heard that, you overgrown firefly.”
 
They all exited the room and found themselves to be stuck with no where to go, as there didn't seem to be any other door in the room, and the Truth-Vision showed nothing.
 
“Check the map.” said Link. “It should be marked on it.”
 
Sailor Moon unrolled the map, but when she tried to read it… she broke out into a panic “Ah! Oh, no!! This is terrible.” She cried.
 
“What? What is it?” asked Link.
 
“Well… well… the map is empty.” cried Sailor. “The pictures, and the inscriptions… they're all gone!”
 
Link And Navi could already see why the map seemed empty to her. “Sailor Moon?” Navi asked.
 
“Huh?”
 
“You're holding the map backwards. The pictures and the guidelines are all on the other side.”
 
Sailor Moon turned the map around. “Oh…. Hee, hee… sorry.”
 
She checked the map, and there was actually supposed to be a door, right behind the wall in front of them, but although this wall was no illusion… Link had a sneaky suspicion it wasn't what it seemed.
 
He tapped the wall with his sword. “Just as I thought… it's a false wall, made of plaster.” he said. “Stand back… this wall's going down.”
 
They backed off into a corner, and Link tossed a bomb at the wall, which blew it up and revealed a locked door.
 
“Master… you amaze me.” said Sailor Moon.
 
“Eh, whatever.” Link simply said.
 
They unlocked the door and walked in, and found themselves at the starting point of a long, and spooky dark tunnel.
 
At least Sailor Moon knew not to rush into action this time, or she would've bumped into all the big Skultullas along the way, but that wasn't the only thing they ran into on the way down.
 
There was a drop down off a ledge, with a gigantic guillotine blocking the way. It was even going up and down all on it's own.
 
“Swell. How are we supposed to get by this?” Sailor Moon asked. “Do we like use the Hover Boots, and walk right over it, or something?”
 
Link gazed at her. “Precisely.” He said.
 
“Precisely.” Said Sailor Moon, but then her head snapped up. “Precisely?”
 
Link clapped on his Hover Boots, and ran off the ledge as the huge blade on the guillotine dropped, and he walked right over it and landed safely on his feet.
 
“Me and my big mouth.” Sailor Moon muttered, but she tried it anyways, and she landed safely on the other side too. “Hey… it worked.”
 
Link told her that the Hover Boots could also soften your landings, depending on how high the ledge was, so you wouldn't have to roll forward when falling.
 
The end of the tunnel was just around the next corner, and the next room they emerged in, was huge!! Chasms that stretched on to the size of playgrounds. Guillotines everywhere… but only at the beginning.
And two Stalfos nights dropped down once they passed the traps. “Whoa… and I thought insurance Salesmen were pushing.” cried Sailor Moon.
 
At least she learned a thing or two about Stalfos from the other scouts when they faced up to them, and she thought they'd be nothing but pushovers… big mistake!
 
Link was already in blade lock with one of the knights, and Sailor Moon knew one of them best ways to kill a skeleton is to knock his head off.
 
She quickly dodged the monster's sword attack… leapt up into the air. “Take this, Skull-face!” and…
 
BONG!!
 
Ouch! That had to hurt. It was like trying to kick a bowling ball with cement inside it. “Oh boy!” cried Sailor Moon when she saw the Stalfos' eyes go angry-red!
 
She backed up until she had nowhere to run without falling into the chasm, and there was no way out this time… or was there?
 
She had an idea… maybe it would work, maybe not, but she had to try it.
 
The Stalfos jumped for her, but before his blade touched the ground, she quickly rolled under his legs, turned around swiftly and kicked him hard in the back sending him down off the ledge.
 
Link saw the whole thing as he delivered the final blow to the other knight. “Good going Sailor Moon.” he said. “Very creative thinking.”
 
“Aww… it was nothing really.”
 
Now with knights gone, they could proceed, and according to the map and compass, they had to hop on a rising and falling platform in front of them. A job for the Hover Boots no doubt, and what do you know…
 
Sailor actually went first and did it without even getting tensed.
 
“Do you think she's finally lost it?” Navi asked. Link didn't think so. He was actually starting to notice that Sailor Moon was getting a little braver the deeper they went into the temple.
 
He decided to test her. “Sailor Moon, where to from here?” he asked.
 
Sailor Moon checked both the map, and compass. “It says there's a small key through this locked tunnel.” She said. “And the only way to get through it to collect all the silver rupees, I'm on it.”
 
“I rest my case…” replied Navi. “She's lost it.”
 
Sailor Moon grabbed two of the rupees, and Link grabbed two more, but the last one was underneath the Beamos on the isle with them.
 
Link quickly bombed it, letting Sailor Moon grab the last rupee, which opened the gate allowing them to access the tunnel.
 
Once in the tunnel, Sailor Moon began to feel just a little uneasy at what she saw. The path up ahead had two huge sets of spikes on platforms, rising up then smashing to the ground.
 
There was no way to run across it.
 
“Now what'll we do?” cried Sailor Moon.
 
“Hey!” called Navi “Here's a sign.”
 
Sailor Moon read it, and it said… “Only ye who possess the eye of truth shall find the umbrella for the rain of spikes.”
 
“And…” Link grunted. “I… think… I… found it!!”
 
Sailor Moon and Navi turned back to him and saw him pulling a huge stone block out from a hidden alcove. “Yeah… this'll defiantly… Ah… get us… a-a-across the path! HA!!”
 
Then he got around to the other side, and began pushing the block along the path, until it was halfway across and blocking the spiked-platforms from crashing down.
 
“Come on girls, over here!” he called to them.
 
Sailor Helped him pull the block the rest of the way, until it bumped into a small curb in the back of the room allowing them to hop up onto he black and jump onto one of the higher ledges.
 
Now they could use the falling platforms like a bridge. They both hopped over to the ledge beside them, and Link headed towards the far one in the bottom left corner of the room.
 
“All right… hit that floor switch over there!” Link called. Sailor Moon pressed on it, and exactly where the compass showed… a small chest dropped down and another small key was now in their possession.
 
“I got it. Let's go.” Link called and the all hopped off the ledges and walked back out into the cave.
 
They saw the locked door, way, way over across what had to be the biggest chasm they ever came across in the whole temple, and by using the narrow soft pathway, they were able to make it halfway across, but still too far to reach.
 
“Something tells me the Hover boots won't be able to get us past this stretch.” Said Sailor Moon.
 
“No, you really think so?” snorted Navi.
 
“Navi, be nice.” Link said. “Activate Truth-Vision.”.
 
The y both tapped the heads to turn on the Lens of truth, and they found just what they needed. Two invisible platforms close enough to reach, and big, and long enough to get them across.
 
“Do you really think we can stand on them?” Sailor Moon asked. “I mean, they are invisible after all.”
 
“Well, don't forget Sailor Moon. Just because you can't see it, doesn't really mean it's not there.” Link said, and he used his Hover Boots to float over to the first ledge. “See… it's easy.”
 
Sailor Moon headed his advice, and they both crossed over to the door, but who knew what dangers and surprises awaited for them, now that they have officially come halfway through.
 
Only time will tell.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Navi sure was pushing Sailor Moon a bit, but maybe it's because she just doesn't understand what it's like for us to face danger without her capabilities.”
 
Serena: “There's all kinds of dangers out there in the Shadow Temple that we can't cross without being like Navi, but there are also dangers in the outside world too.”
 
Amy: “Most accidents can happen in your very own home, and other dangers happen when you least except them to.”
 
Rei: “It's always best to stay alert, and be prepared for anything to happen. Find the trouble before it finds you first.”
 
Lita: “But don't forget, just because such dangers have never happened to you before, doesn't really mean they can't, or won't.”
 
Mina: “So remember… danger is all around us, and may just be waiting to happen if we're not careful, so Stay alert, and stay safe.”
 
(Song, performed out in the streets at night)
 
(Sung by Link, with Serena and Mina as the chorus)
 
(Lita on Drums… Darien on Guitar… Rei on Bass Guitar… and Amy on Organ)
 
(Music startsand Link and the others are dressed like Goths)
 
(Link)
 
-Danger (danger)
It's no stranger
(stranger)
Danger
(danger)
It's no stranger
(stranger)

-(It's in the air) It's in the air
It's here, it's there
(It's everywhere) It's everywhere
It just ain't fair
So stay alert, sweet girl of mine
And learn to read that danger, danger sign
(danger)

-Keep your eyes peeled and your wits about ya
Life would be the pits without ya
I love ya baby, yeah, you're so fine
(so fine)
Please learn to read that danger, danger sign
(danger, danger, danger, danger)

-Danger (danger)
It's no stranger
(stranger)
Danger
(danger)
It's no stranger
(stranger)

-(If you get hurt) I don't know how I'd spend my days
(So stay alert) When crossing streets better look both ways
And half way cross, don't change your mind
And learn to read that danger, danger sign
(danger)

-So, don't go skating upon thin ice
Don't
go and follow the wrong advice
Or spend the winter in Montana
Or mention Sherman in Savannah
Don't try to pet a porcupine
And learn to read that danger, danger sign
(danger, danger)
Danger sign
(danger, danger)

Danger (Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh)
It's no stranger
(stranger)
Danger
(Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh)
It's no stranger
(stranger)
(repeat and fade)