Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part One: Enter the Shadow Temple ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
 
The next morning, the Twilight was indeed still in tact, and everyone met at the graveyard at 7:30… everyone except Serena that was.
 
“What is with that girl?” Darien muttered to Navi who was sitting on his shoulder.
 
“Who cares… she's just too lazy for her own goods.” Navi joked. “You should stick with me Darien.” She rested her tiny little head against his neck.
 
As flattered as Darien was, “Navi, you're only three inches high.” he said to her.
 
Navi felt playfully irritated. “What? You don't like short girls?”
 
Everyone laughed at that, but actually Navi was coming into the Shadow Temple as her glowing body would help give them some much needed light.
 
Suddenly, there was Serena wearing a miners light-hat, and carrying a flashlight in one hand, and a burning lantern in the other. “Sorry if I'm late.” she said. “I had to get a few things.”
 
Everyone sighed at he way Serena looked with all that equipment she had, but the supposed it would help. After all… the Shadow Temple was a pretty dark place according to Link.
 
“Remind me again why I'm doing this.” she said.
 
“Serena… I told you… we're doing this because--”
 
“Okay… okay.” Serena cut in. “Let's just get this over with now!”
 
With that settled they all headed down into the cave which Dampee had covered up with a big sheet to make it look like the wall was still there.
 
“Good luck there youngin's.” he said. “And don't you be a-frettin' now. I'll look after everything.”
 
Everyone was very grateful to Dampee helping them out like this, and for looking after Marco, who was still a Poe, and incased in a jar.
 
As soon as the Shadow Temple was beaten would the Twilight be lifted, and Marco would change back.
 
 
Once inside the crypt, “ECTO PHASE, ACTIVATE!!” Link changed into his true form.
 
“MOON CRYSTAL POWER… SAGE OF SHADOW!!” and Serena became Super Sailor Moon… and what do you know… the two meatballs on her head stuck out through her mine-hat.
 
“What do you know? Even under there she's a meatball-head.” mocked Rei.
 
(Heh, heh… Meatball head… I just had to go there.)
 
Sailor Moon's head throbbed with anger. “Very funny!” she muttered.
 
“All right… All right… that's enough.” Link said. It was time to enter the Shadow Temple, and the first thing to do was actually get past the large stone wall blocking the entrance.
 
“Now, if remember correctly… the only way to get rid of this rock is to light all these torches.” said Link. “Stand back everyone.”
 
Everyone backed away to the stairs as Link got into the center of all the torches.
 
“DINS… FIREWALL… BURN!!”
 
He pounded the ground, sending Din's fire in all directions which lit all the torches and the stone door was slowly starting to rise revealing the long tunnel to the Shadow Temple.
 
“Here we go.” Sailor Moon muttered nervously.
 
“Remember to use extreme caution Sailor Moon.” Link said. “No telling what sort of Hocus-Pocus we could run into.”
 
Sailor Moon gulped hard as Link took the lantern from her to make it easier to walk. “You'll be just fine, as long as you stay with me.” Link said.
 
He turned back and looked at everyone and marked the Zero-Barrier line. “No one comes anywhere beyond this alcove. Is that clear?”
 
Everyone nodded and wished Link, Sailor Moon, and Navi good luck as they crossed into he tunnel and disappeared into the shadows.
 
“Good luck Master.” Rei muttered. “You and Sailor Moon will need it.”
 
Now with that done, they all headed off to school. “By the way… how did Master manage to get Serena out of school today?” asked Amy.
 
Lita decided to whisper to it to everyone and when they heard what it was, they all giggled.. “She's due for a big surprise.”
 
 
SHADOW TEMPLE
 
Sailor Moon's heart was already racing like crazy at how dark it was, even with their light sources, and that ever so creepy music. It sounded like ghosts humming through the wind.
 
“You okay Sailor Moon?” Link asked. Sailor Moon nodded nervously.
 
They came to a turn in the tunnel and found what looked like a bottomless pit that they couldn't hop across.
 
Link told her it wasn't really bottomless, and if they fell in. “Here… just watch.” He said as he Jumped down into the pit.
 
“MASTER!!” screamed Sailor Moon, he voice echoed along the stone walls.
 
“Right here.” Link called from behind. “It was not big deal.”
 
The pits only seemed bottomless, but if they fell in, they would be sent back to the place where they entered from… with the exception that they'd feel slightly weakened.
 
“In other words… just avoid the pits.” Navi grunted.
 
Sailor Moon promised to keep that in mind. “Okay… so then how are we supposed to get across this thing?!” she asked.
 
“Like this.” Link said. He grabbed Sailor Moon and used his Longshot on the target across, and Sailor Moon squealed as they crossed the gap to the other side.
 
“There… that wasn't so bad, was it?”
 
Sailor Moon, looking all pale, and shivery, shook her head. “N-n-no… it wasn't.”
 
They came up to a wall with a pretty scary looking face on it blocking their way to the next room. “Hey…” Navi said. “I think I can hear the spirits saying something about this.”
 
“What are they saying?” asked Sailor Moon.
 
Navi listened carefully. “They're saying… “Only ye who possesses the “EYE OF TRUTH” shall ye see into he darkness.”
 
Link tapped his head and used his Lens of Truth. “Wow… amazing.” And he walked right through the wall and vanished.
 
“Huh? Master… Where'd you go?”
 
“Just walk right through it.” he called. “It's perfectly safe.”
 
Sailor Moon gulped hard and nervously put her finger to the wall and realized she was able to pass right through it. It was just an illusion.
 
Now she and Navi found themselves in a much larger room, with more plaques on the walls, and a weird looking bird statue in the center of a ring composed of skulls on staffs.
 
Not to mention a weird monster head statue with a gate in its mouth, extended across another large chasm.
 
“M-m-master… where are you?” Sailor Moon stuttered ash she looked around with her lights.
 
“I'm right here.” Link's voice answered. “Quit worrying.”
 
Sailor Moon tried to put on a brave act. “Worry? Me… you know I don't worry that easily.” And she felt a hand tap her shoulder.
 
“YEOW!!” she spun around and shined her flashlight and headlamp in Link's eyes. “Hey… watch it with those.” He moaned while covering his eyes.
 
“Sorry. Where were you?”
 
Link told her he was over by the pit reading the sign on the edge. It said… “Only those with Sacred Feet can cross the valley of the dead.”
 
“I know what we can do, but it won't easy.” Link said. “First we have get that statue to open up the gate.”
 
“How do we do that?”
 
Navi check the bird statue in the center. “Hey…” she called.
 
(I like it when I make her yell out “HEY!”)
 
“I figured it out.” She told them that the statue had to be rotated around so it would face one of the skulls. The catch was; only one skull was real, the others were not.
 
If they managed to line the statue up with the right skull, then the statue across the chasm would open its gate.
 
“And if we make it wrong?” asked Sailor Moon.
 
Link told her to never to mind that. He just used his Truth-Vision to find the real skull, and he pulled the statue until it faced the skull, and sure enough the gate opened.
 
“Come on Sailor Moon!” he said. “You have Truth-Vision too you know. So use it”
 
Sailor Moon sighed, “Okay… I'll use it for your sake.”
 
She tapped on her Truth-Vision and gazed around the chasm, but there seemed to be absolutely no way to get across it.
 
No Switch… no Hookshot target… not even any invisible walkways. “Well this is just great.” she complained. “There's nothing here.”
 
Link and Navi both sighed. “Amateur.” Navi muttered. “Will you look around the whole room. Come on!”
 
“All right… Calm down already.” Sailor Moon growled. She looked around the whole room and she did see something.
 
“Over there…” she said pointing to the right corner of the walls. “There's a hidden passage behind that plaque over there.”
 
“Good… go then.” Link said.
 
“Eh?”
 
“Well you found it, so lead the way.”
 
Knowing she couldn't argue, she picked up her flashlight and lead them all to the invisible wall. It sure was dark down the tunnel, but at the end they came to a large metal door.
 
Sailor Moon nervously looked behind at Link and Navi.
 
“Go on.” said Link.
 
Sailor Moon nervously took hold of the door handle and opened the door so fast she would've broken it right off.
 
Nothing too scary seemed to be inside. Just a wall with a skull mark on it. At least it wasn't too dark in there.
 
Link used his Truth-Vision and saw more false walls. “Let's go to the right, I think I remember something.” he said. Sailor Moon followed him nervously.
 
 
They followed the path, and found another false wall at the corner and inside was a door. “In we go.” Link said.
 
“Do we really have to?” Sailor Moon asked. “YEOW!!”
 
Link grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into the next room where a bunch of weird looking bodies were just standing there moaning and groaning.
 
Their voices did sound creepy, but they didn't seem to be moving at all. “What funny looking things are these?” Sailor Moon muttered as she moved in closer.
 
“Hey! Sailor Moon… No, no get out of there!” cried Link.
 
Sailor Moon turned and asked “Why?” but just then, she heard a high itched screaming sound and… “GAA-AH-AH-AAH!! Hey, what's happened? I can't seem to move an inch.”
 
Worse than that, the weird monsters slowly began walking towards her. “Navi… Master… help!” she cried.
 
“Hang on!” cried Link. “Do it Navi!!”
 
Navi nodded and flew directly in the center of the monsters and pressured herself hard causing her glow to spread, and blind the monsters so much they practically froze on the spot.
 
“Come get them Link!” Navi cried.
 
“Right… here I come.” Links aid as he charged with his sword and tore all the monsters down and freed Sailor Moon.
 
“Ahh! Whew… what were those things?” she asked.
 
“Those were Re-deads.” Link said. “This Temple is crawling with monsters like them… If the stare at you, their hypnotic gaze will paralyze you right on the spot.”
 
“But that's not all they do.” added Navi, “If they get close enough to you while you can't defend yourself…”
 
“THEY'LL JUMP RIGHT ON YOU AND CHOKE YOU TO DEATH!!!”
 
Sailor Moon went all pink and blue at the same time.
 
“Nice Navi… I think you killed here there.” sighed Link. He knew Sailor Moon didn't know anything about the Shadow Temple, and it's zombie monsters, and she did have every reason to feel a little freaked out… But there was no need to scare her.
 
After the last Re-dead collapsed, a chest with the Dungeon Map appeared. “There… this'll really help us out a bit.” Link said. He picked up the lantern to look at the map closely and found where they needed to go.
 
“Let's go.” and he lead them out of the room.
 
“Now what do we do?” asked Sailor Moon.
 
Link pointed out the next room they had to head to would contain the item they would need to cross the chasm in the main entrance hall, but it would be even harder than the last room they were in.
 
“You mean…” Sailor Moon gulped hard. “There are more zombies in there.
 
“Worse… much worse.” Link said. “When we get there, you'll see. Now come on.”
 
They Followed more of the pathways and Link used his Truth-Vision to locate the fake walls… but to be honest, he was getting woozy from using it so many times.
 
“Master, are you okay?”
 
Link rubbed his eyes. “Yeah… I'm okay.” He said. “Come on… let's go.”
 
They followed the map and found the door they had to go through, but once they walked through it… they were locked in.
 
“No!” cried Sailor Moon as she went and pounded on the door.
 
“It's no good Sailor Moon… it won't open until we clear this chamber.” said Link.
 
Sailor Moon put down her flashlight and miners-hat. “Okay… so where's the monster?” she asked. “Please don't tell me it's more of those Re-dead freaks.”
 
Actually, the only strange things in the room were a whole wade of long arms sticking out from the ground. “Get ready Sailor Moon.” Link said as he withdrew his sword.
 
“Be careful, Master.” Sailor Moon muttered.
 
Link moved slowly towards one of the arms. “Here goes!” he snapped and he took a huge swing at the arm, but before his sword came into contact… the arm weaved out of the way… then another one knocked Link's shield, sword, and the lantern away.
 
Finally all the arms moved around, grabbed him and pined him to the walls. “Hey… Hey Let go!! LET GO OF ME!!” he growled.
 
“Master!” cried Sailor Moon. She ran towards him but was pushed back when the soil began to erupt and big, ugly, horrible beast appeared.
 
All Sailor Moon could do was scream and back away as the monster gazed down at her and licked his lips. “Hello lunch!” he sniggered. “Mmm… you look tasty!”
 
“EEP!”
 
Sailor Moon tried to run, but with the door still locked, and the monster able to pop up anywhere from the soil. “Master… what do I do?!” she cried.
 
“It's no use!” Link called from the wall. “You'll have to fight and destroy that thing!”
 
“What? Why me? Why do I have to do it?”
 
Link didn't know if she was being cowardly or incompetent. “Duh?! Because you're the only one down there!” he said. “Navi, would you help her out so she stays in one piece.”
 
“I'm on it!” Navi said as she flew into battle. “Think you can trust me enough? Sailor Moon.”
 
Sailor Moon dodged the monster as he dove for her. “I'd even trust my homework right now.” she cried as she dogged another blow.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… I like them fiery!” the monster sniggered and he dove for her again.
 
“Sailor Moon… I've located his weakness. Listen…” Navi said. “The monster is called Dead-Hand… You have to get him in his face… AIM FOR HIS FACE!!”
 
Sailor Moon dodged another blow. “Easier said than done.” she whined. “Just as long as he doesn't get my face first.”
 
“Kids.” Link grunted as he tried to weave his way out of the arms that bound him, but the more he struggled, the more tighter it got… that and he was still a little woozy from using his Truth-Vision too much.. “It's no good Sailor Moon, you're on your own.”
 
“Some help you are!” Sailor Moon.
 
She decided there was no way, and she would have to fight back. “Well… here goes something!” she cried. “SHADOW ZOOMING STRIKE!!”
 
She changed into her shadowy form and tried to zoom underneath Dead-Hand, but she over looked something. She couldn't get underneath him because he wasn't fully up and out of the ground.
 
Instead… she just bumped right into his body and bounced right off of him. “Ooh, hoo, hoo… that tickles.” Dead-Hand chuckled and he disappeared under the soil.
 
“But then again… two can play at that game.”
 
“He's gone.” cried Navi.
 
“Where'd he go?” asked Sailor Moon
 
Link suddenly saw a shadow appear right under her feet. “LOOK OUT!!” he cried… too late!
 
Dead-Hand sprung up from the soil and flung Sailor Moon over across the room, and she landed with a THUD onto of her lantern shattering it, and he skirt caught fire.
 
“EEK! EEK! EEK!” she rolled around on the floor and doused the flames. “That smarts!”
 
“Heh, heh, heh! I guess I'll just have to serve up with a barbeque.” Dead-Hand chuckled. “Here I come.”
 
Sailor Moon really hated it when someone tried to roast her clothes. Now she was starting to burn up. “You want a eat… well choke on this!” she growled and leapt up with a kick ready.
 
But of course, Dead-Hand was smarter than that and dove back into the soil. “You missed me… hee, hee!” he sniggered.
 
He popped back up and flung her across the room again, which really made her made. She tried another high-jump-kick… but missed again.
 
The cycle just seemed to be repeating itself over and over again; Jump-kick… miss… pop-up… and fling across the room.
 
After quite a few repeats… Sailor Moon was looking pretty weary, while Dead-Hand was still fresh and coming for her.
 
“WILL YOU FORGET ABOUT AIMING WHERE HE IS!!” Shouted Link. “Come on!! Use your head!!”
 
Suddenly Sailor Mon had it. “My head?” of course, her tiara. If she could just figure out how to outsmart the big brute maybe she could finish him. “And I think I have it.”
 
She got up and stood her grounds. “Hey Big boy… here I come!” and she charged with another kick and this time she planned that Dead-Hand would dodge it.
 
“Missed again!” he mocked, but really he had fallen into a trap. Sailor Moon knew now that instead of shoot where he was… she had to shoot where he was going to be.
 
Finally, she saw the shadow and just before he came up, she concentrated her powers and… “MOON TIARA… MAGIC!!”
 
She threw the energy disk straight at where Dead-Hand had popped his head through the soil. “Huh? What the--” and Dead-Hand turned his face just in time to catch the disk right in the middle.
 
“GAAH!!” his body began to split apart right down the middle like tissue paper, and he collapsed. “I… wasn't… really hungry.. anyways… Ugh!!” and he was gone.
 
His body was dust, and his arms disappeared, letting Link down from the wall. “Well done, Sailor Moon.” he said as he brushed his off tunic.
 
Sailor Moon just stood there as though she had forgotten how to move. “I can't believe what I just did.” She chattered on her teeth. “I just had to face a big ugly beast all on my own… I almost got killed…And--”
 
She gazed down at the broken glass and busted candle and wick. “Ah… now my lantern's broken.”
 
Link and Navi had wide-eye expressions. “She is utterly unbelievable.” Navi said.
 
The door was un-barred… and a large chest appeared in the room, Link opened it up, and both his boots and Sailor Moon's boots began glowing.
 
When the light vanished… their boots now had a type of yellow- feathery coat covering the foot, heel, and sole parts of the boots.
 
“Ah. At last we got it.” Link said.
 
“Wow.” Sailor Moon said as she gazed at how shiny her boots looked. “This sure is cute, but what is it-- WHOA!!” when she tried to walk forward it was like walking on ice, and she slipped and fell on her bottom.
 
Link told her that these were those Hover Boots he told her about.
 
They had the ability to let them walk on very soft grounds, and also, for a few seconds they would be able to walk across gaps in the floor and between ledges.
 
“But be warned… these boots have no traction, so they're slippery.”
 
Sailor Moon got up rubbing her bottom. “Thanks for the warning.” she mocked.
 
Now with done, Sailor got her flashlight, and put her mine-hat back on. Now that they had the Hover boots, they would be able to cross the chasm in the main entrance hall.
 
But this was only the beginning of the Shadow Temple. For the deeper they would go into the Temple, the darker and more creepy it would become.
 
Could Sailor Moon stand up enough to make it the rest of the way, or will Link have to keep fending for her?
 
Only time will tell!
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
 
Link: “Sailor Moon really has a long way to go before she can truly stand up to the darkness around her, but that doesn't make her useless.”
 
Serena: “Yeah… I may be afraid, and can be spooked very easily at times but sometimes being scared is sometimes actually the first step in finding your courage.”
 
Amy: “First you have to actually find out what it is that really scares you, like seeing a horror movie, or something in real life.”
 
Rei: “Once you've identified your fear, you can actually try again when you feel ready enough to challenge it and before long, you just might not be scared it at all.”
 
Lita: “But easily the most important thing of all is to take charge of your imagination, and not let it take charge of you.”
 
Mina: “Just remember that sometimes the bravest of courage cans tart with a fright, but once you can conquer it you just may be braver than you think.”
 
(Song, from the Wizard of Oz. Sung by Serena as she walks through the woods.)
 
(Serena)
 
-Yeah, it's sad, believe me Missy
When you're born to be a sissy
Without the vim and verve
But I could show my prowess
Be a
hero, not a mouse
If I only had the nerve
 
-I'm afraid there's no denyin'
When I say “I'm brave” I'm lyin'
It's a fate I don't deserve
I'd be brave as a blizzard
Not a coward like a lizard
If I only had the nerve.
 
-I'd behave by being brave,
And never be spooked again.
You could try, and try but all will be in vain.
Can I be scared, not even if you dared.
 
-Just to try and freak me out.
I'd just go round about,
With bravery to serve.
And I could do all of that.
And not be a Scaredy cat…
If I only had the nerve.
 
(Sorry if that song seems a little short, but it does work out.)
 
(And in case you're wondering, yep… I did add on those lyrics to make the song proper and more complete.)