Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ ARMAGEDDON begins ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
It is time for the finals to begin…
 
First: I'm, going to use some plotting from the Movie ARMAGEDDON to make this fic really freaky, but I do not own the movies rights.
 
Also…I don't know how long this willlast, maybe even more than seven chapters, so don't get too excited when one thing seems to be coming to an end.
 
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
 
This part of our story, begins roughly about…
 
65-million years ago
 
(Planet Earth)
 
“This is the Earth at a time when the dinosaurs roamed a lush, and fertile planet.”
 
(An Asteroid falls from the sky)
 
“A Piece of rock just Six-Miles wide… changed all that.”
 
(It hits the ground, causing catastrophic activity)
 
“It hit with the force of Ten-thousand nuclear-weapons.”
 
“A-Trillion tons of dirt and rock hurdled into the atmosphere, creating a suffocating blanket of dust that killed everything it touched, and the sun was powerless to penetrate through it… for 1,000 years!”
 
“It happened before…”
 
“It WILL happen again.”
 
“It's just a question of… WHEN?”
 
65-million years Later
 
 
A Space shuttle was orbiting around the Earth, and a young Astronaut was outside on a space-walk, trying to make desperate Repairs to a satellite. “Affirmative Houston… I'm ready to try again.”
 
The young-man got his space-drill ready, but as he worked he couldn't help but feel a little nervous. His crew-mates aboard the shuttle could feel his tension.
 
The Commander spoke into the radio. “Houston from SS1. Calling Houston from SS1. Come in please.”
 
Down in, Florida
 
Many people were working at the NASA Space-Center, keeping an eye on the mission, and the signal was coming in loud and clear.
 
“We read you, SS1.” said the Director, Commander Yamato Ishida (Matt, from Digimon) who was from Japan. “Please, deliver your report.”
 
As the shuttle crew delivered the reports on the mission, they also reported that the man working outside seemed a little tense.
 
“I'm Sorry, but… I just can't shake off this feeling that something's about to happen. Something real bad.”
 
Yamato rolled his eyes. “Not again.” he mumbled under his breath. “Lieutenant, can you her me?”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
“Now listen… there's nothing out there that can really hurt you.” replied Yamato. “Tell you what. I'll give you a 5 percent increase when you get back… if you'll calm down a little.”
 
The other man decided to try, but little did he or anyone else know that his hunches were about to come true.
 
In Ganon's Castle
 
Ganondorf had gathered all his remaining monsters before him. “The time has come.” he said with his fingers drumming on his throne. “This plan shall guarantee the destruction of the Earth.”
 
He revealed his plans of what was going to happen, and what they were going to do. Most of the monsters thought it was diabolical, in a good way, while the others questioned him.
 
“But, Sire… what of the Hero and the Sailor Scouts?” asked a monster. “Whatever shall become of them?”
 
Ganondorf just smiled wickedly. “We will not deal with my wayward enemies at the moment.” He said. “I shall deal with them when the time comes. Heh, heh, heh!”
 
With all that settled, his plan began it's project.
 
Meanwhile
 
The satellite was almost fully repaired, and things were still A-Okay. “Well done, SS1.” Yamato said over the radio. “Reel the Lieutenant in, and head for home.”
 
“We copy that, Houston.” said the Commander.
 
But suddenly…!
 
As the Lieutenant was being reeled in, something hard stuck at his spacesuit, shredding it wide open. This triggered an alarm down at NASA and they turned on the monitors to catch what was happening.
 
A swarm of small, unidentified objects were bombarding the Shuttle, the Lieutenant, and the Seattleite.
 
The Satellite exploded sending the Lieutenant flying out of control into the atmosphere where he burned up and died. “WHOA!! NO!!!”
 
Then the shuttle, still being bombarded by more objects, began to break up, and explode. “HOUSTON!!!” the men cried, but it was too late…
 
KBOOM!! KAPOW!! KABLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!
 
The shuttle was gone!
 
At NASA
 
“We've lost all contact!” cried a technician.
 
Yamato couldn't believe what just happened. “What the hell just happened here!!” he bellowed.
 
The computers were going crazy with alerts, and warnings. “Multiple Bogies! Multiple Bogies are breeching the atmosphere.”
 
It appeared that more of those small objects, whatever they were, were now heading straight down to the Earth.
 
“I have three… now Five… Nine… they're coming from every direction!”
 
It could have be surprise Missile attack, or just pieces of the shuttle breaking up, but whatever they were, they were coming in fast, and Yamato wanted to know what they were.
 
Meanwhile, in Tokyo
 
(I know this may seem out of order in the series, but we'll just have to make the best of it)
 
Kakeru Ozora… and Himeko Nayotake.
 
A few years had passed since Kakeru's recovery, and he and Himeko were married, and Kakeru was now ever more busy every day. Just sitting with his telescope and starring off into space.
 
Even when it got pretty late at night…
 
Himeko walked into the observatory, half asleep. “Kakeru.” she yawned. “You've been starring off into space all night. Please, come to bed.”
 
But Kakeru was almost to petrified to even move. “Himeko, I love you very much, but I think I've just found something bad up there.”
 
He let her look through the eye piece, and Himeko snapped wide-awake. Not only had Kakeru seen what those small objects were, but he just may have found something worse.
 
“I've got to call Yamato.” cried Himeko. “He must know about this.”
 
“Right. I'll keep on tracking.” said Kakeru. He kept on tracking what he saw, and began using his computer to snap photos of it.
 
Meanwhile, at NASA
 
They did checks, double-checks, but every country in the world had reported negative. There were no global launches, which could only mean that those objects they were tracking were not missiles.
 
“My screen's full!”
 
“Mine, too! They're all over the place!”
 
Those objects were coming in really fast. So fast… that everyone in America was about to get a really nasty surprise.
 
In America
 
A ordinary day in the cities… in the farmlands… even at other exotic places. People walking off to work. Children off to school, and people with days off enjoying the bear necessities of life.
 
Well… someone was just waiting for his bus to come, when the ground starting rumbling. “Well it's about time.” He said believe it was the bus coming, but when he looked up…
 
“Hey! What the--”
 
KAPOW!!
 
He, and everyone else with in twenty feet of him were hurt badly from a rock that just fell from the skies.
 
More rocks began crashing down, and bombarded everything in their paths. Buildings… landmarks… green-fields. Many lives were lost, and others endangered with injuries.
 
For almost a whole hour, there were hits coming in from Finland to south Carolina, and a big mess was left behind.
 
NASA was flooded with calls, asking… No… Demanding explanation. “We know they're aren't missiles… so what the heck is it?!”
 
Yamato finally knew what it was. “It's a Meteor Shower.” he answered. “That's what took out SS1.” Then he immediately ordered for everyone to start mapping the trajectory.
 
Worse than that… the President of the United States was on the video phones demanding answers to more questions.
 
Where did those Meteoroids come from?
 
How did they make it to Earth the way they did?
 
And most importantly… Was the worst over… or was it on it's way?
 
All Yamato could say was. “Sir… we have all the best people in the world trying to figure that out. When we know… you'll know.”
 
In Ganon's Castle
 
Ganondorf was really enjoying himself. “Ooh… all the many things I have missed out on.” he chuckled. “Even if those puny Earthlings find out about my plan... there won't be a thing they can do about it. Ha, ha, ha, ha!! AH, HA, HA, AH, AH!!!”
 
Later, on
 
When Kakeru and Himeko contacted NASA, and told the about what Kakeru had seen through his telescope. They immediately flew the couple straight to Houston.
 
They were both in the briefing room going over the pictures Kakeru took. “Yes… here's where I first saw it.” he said. “Then it was here…. Then here… and here.”
 
Himeko nodded and handed the others the calculations. “If we can just get some bigger shots, we might be able to confirm.” she said.
 
Yamato was more than convinced now. “All right… get a hold of the Hubble-bay. Tell them to get a move on!” he ordered.
 
The scientists agreed to terms, and moved the Hubble Seattleite a little further up in its orbit. Then it began to snap photos of a strange object far out in space.
 
Then they snapped a few more photos, and to Kakeru's surprise. “My Gosh! It's enormous.” he cried.
 
The photos were later-on set up in the meeting-room, Where Kakeru and Himeko were briefing NASA's finest workers about the object. Yamato was also with them, and the President was watching the whole thing by video-phone.
 
Himeko pointed at the first photo. “This is the Anomaly at 16:43.” Then she pointed to the next one. “Here is the Anomaly at 16:58.”
 
“And here is the Anomaly at 17:00.”
 
But all this fiddle-fuddle was only making the President more irritated. He wanted answers, and he wanted them NOW!
 
He pounded his fists on the table, capturing everyone's attention. “Enough with Anomaly nonsense!” he sneered. “What is this… thing?”
 
Yamato decided to come clean. “It's an Asteroid, sir.”
 
“How big is it?” asked the President.
 
One of the men, who seemed to be a little to wired up from all the excitement stood up. “S-s-sir… our best estimate is 980.7-billion--” but Yamato just budded in and put it simple.
 
“It's the size of all North-America.” He said. “From up-most regions in Alaska, to the most southern areas of Panama.”
 
No one knew exactly how, or why NASA hadn't seen this rock coming. They always had their eye on the sky and couldn't ever miss anything. Well that didn't matter too much now.
 
It was also determined that is was this asteroid was what forced the smaller meteoroids towards the Earth. There was defiantly more like them on the way, but was nothing really too dangerous about them as they were only the size of Soccer-balls, cars, and things.
 
But the President had two more questions. Two very important ones, that were focused on the large asteroid. “Is this… going to hit us?”
 
Yamato didn't want to say it, but the answer was yes. The asteroid was defiantly on a collision course with the Earth. “We're calculation its trajectory as we speak, Sir.” He said.
 
Now came the most important, possibly the most frightening of all questions. “When, and if it does hit… then what kind of damage will it do?”
 
“Damage?” Yamato said. “Total Damage, Sir.”
 
“It's what's known as a Global-Killer. The End of Mankind. It doesn't matter where in the world it hits… nothing will survive, not even small atoms.”
 
“My God!” The President muttered, and he had one final question, apart from what they would do to stop it. “How long have we got?”
 
Just then, Kakeru came in, looking as though he had just ran a-hundred miles. He had been tracking the asteroid's path, and it's speed and finally determined. “We have 18 days… before it hits Earth.”
 
Meanwhile, in Tokyo
 
Everyone had a good day at school, even Serena did. Now they were all standing on the roof of the Café, warding off protesters who were against the new Chicken-Steak sandwich on their menus.
 
Armed with Slingshots, and small rocks, they won, and the protesters walked off in shame. “What do think got them so steamed?” Mina asked.
 
“Well, I guess they just don't like poultry products.” said Jupiter.
 
They all did they work respectfully, and surprisingly smoothly that afternoon, but Link was nowhere to be found.
 
Link had been in the Temple of Time all week long, trying to determine how to use the Six-Medallions to find Ganondorf. Ether that, or the last Triforce Shard, which no one had a clue of where it was.
 
But in the meantime, training was still carried on as usual. After all, the greatest and deadliest of all their goes was yet to face them soon, and they thought it better to be prepared for anything.
 
Link had also designed special suits for those who couldn't take unhealthy atmosphere conditions. Bubble suits. (What Link wears in the Water at the end of Wind Waker)
 
These suits were so light, and easy to use. They were concentrated and kept inside a special pack that you could wear on your wrist, and just put it on and take it off at the push of a button. Sort of like a second skin.
 
This also made it so the Scouts would be able to use their special-attacks without taking the suit off.
 
The suit could cover up almost anything at all, wither object or human. In the case of humans, it could even cover up their hair too, and they could survive any means of pressure, and extreme temperature, and it also had limitless oxygen.
 
No matter how long you took, you would never run out of air to breath.
 
However, there was one major flaw. The Suits were called bubble for a reason. True Link made them as strong as they could be, but the suits could only stand up to so much at once.
 
If anything sharp enough, or a force strong enough hit the suit. The suit would pierce open and the wearer would be in real trouble.
 
Other than that, he had created something truly remarkable.
 
Still, he had to stay focused.
 
“It just doesn't make any sense.” He said as he looked at his radar-map, through the Door of time. “I've searched this whole map of the entire world from top to bottom, and not a single sign points to Ganondorf.”
 
Everyone else thought this was getting to be frustrating as well. “Wherever he's hiding, he must really not want us to find him.” said Atriums.
 
“Well, Wherever it is, I hope we find it soon.” Darien said. He told everyone he had read the Newspaper this morning about how half of America was bombarded by meteors just as they in Japan were sleeping.
 
“It even says that Space shuttle SS1 was destroyed in orbit by those things.” said Lita. “But the people at NASA won't say where these rocks came from, and said we have nothing to worry about.”
 
Serena let out a sigh of relief. “Well, I'm sure glad that's over with.” Then she noticed everyone staring awkwardly at her. “What? Is it something I said?”
 
All the others sighs out of annoyance. “Serena, I don't think this is really over.” said Amy. “Usually when people at NASA discover something catastrophic, they tend to keep it hidden from the public so we won't panic.”
 
“Besides… we already have plenty to worry about.” added Rei. “We already know how half of America got hit by rocks. What if we're next?”
 
The girls were all starting to get pretty tensed out, even Serena. “Calmness, everyone.” Link said.
 
“I agree.” added Darien, “It's probably just one of those, once in a great while mishaps; none of our concern.”
 
“Besides…” Link said. “I've faced something worse than that before.”
 
Link told them of his adventure of MAJORA'S MASK
 
In his youth-travels, Link ventured out beyond the reaches of Hyrule, and came to it's neighboring land of Termina.
 
There, he met a salesmen, who had a very powerful mask stolen from him. A Mask that had such a very dangerous power, that the forces of that power caused the moon of the planet to abandon it's orbit.
 
It was indicated that the moon would strike the planet in three days time, and wipe out everything in it's path.
 
Eventually, his quest lead to him collecting the Fierce Deity Mask, and he recovered the Mask and was able to return the moon back into space. Thus saving Legora from early extinction.
 
 
“Wow. You really have been on some wild adventures, Master.” said Luna.
 
Link nodded, “Had… is the operative word.” He said. “Now, no thanks to Ganondorf… those days are well behind me.”
 
Link began to get that sad look in his eye again. “Now, look at me. My home is gone… my dreams were all taken away… I even lost my beloved Zelda.” he paused. “My… sweet… beautiful Princess Zelda.”
 
“Awe, Master… you really should keep your chin up.” said Lita. “At least you know Zelda's still alive.”
 
Link looked up.
 
The other girls nodded. “Wouldn't you really rather just be with Zelda, than a world filled with excitement and adventure?”
 
Link actually realized they were all right. Link told Zelda several times over before that he would give up all his treasures, and all his power if he could just spend one last moment with her.
 
“Thank you, everyone.” was all he could say, then he sent them al home, as even though it was the first Friday night before Spring Break, they all still remained as alert as ever.
 
So they all went home, and just assumed that whatever was happening now they weren't going to get involved in… but they were wrong.
 
At NASA
 
All day long, all the officials had been briefing and meeting about the Asteroid, trying to find ways to stop it from hitting the Earth. They even had a large counter to determine how close it was to hitting.
 
17 Days… 1 Hr(s)… 15 min… 18 sec…
 
(From now on whenever you see that… picture those shots from the movie where you see the Asteroid flying through space, heading straight for Earth. Oh, and don't forget the ominous music too.)
 
So far, none of their plans would really work, mainly due to the size, width, and speed of the Asteroid.
 
-Trying to hit it with a focuses laser beam wouldn't work.. “That's like Shoot a BB gun at a freight-train.”
 
-Trying to land a craft on it to slowly push it out of it's path was no good either. “We only have 18 days. That's 431 hours, 15 minutes and 18 seconds. Times a luxury we don't have!”
 
Finally, Yamato was having a meeting with military forces, and some of his finest researchers. “With the proximity of the Asteroid, and no prep-time, none of our primary plans will work.” he said.
 
Finally, one of the Generals spoke his mind. “Why don't we just launch up 150 nuclear-warheads, and blast that rock to smithereens?”
 
“Terrible idea.” said a sharp looking guy, with glasses.
 
“Was I talking to you.” sneered the General.
 
“General… this is my friend Izzy Isumi.” (Also from Digimon) “Pretty much the smartest guy on the planet, you may want to listen to him.” said Yamato.
 
Izzy tipped his glasses and now spoke him mind. “General, I've studied rocks like this-one before.” he said. “And… if you take the time to consider your target. It's composition, and sheer velocity… you can fire every nuke you have and it'll just smile at you and keep on coming.”
 
The General did not look convinced. “You should know that President's scientific advisors, are suggestion a Nuclear-Blast can blow this Asteroid into dust.”
 
Now Izzy was the one who was unconvinced. “I know the President's Chief of scientific-advisors, we attended M.I.T together.: he said. “And… in a situation like this… you really won't want to take the advice from someone with a C-minus in Astrophysics.”
 
“The Presidents advisors are… Wrong. I'm right.”
 
Yamato and the other experts agreed with him that hitting that rock from the outside with missiles would not work, but then what could they do?
 
“Imagine a firecracker in the palm of your hand.” said Izzy. “You set it off, and what happens? You just burn your hand.”
 
“Now… you close your fist around the same firecracker and set it off.” He paused and smirked. “You'll be left-handed for the rest of your life.”
 
What he was trying to say was, the only option was to plant a bomb deep in the asteroid's core, and blow it up from the inside.
 
“How do we do that?” asked the General.
 
“We drill.” said Yamato. “We bring in the best man who can take up this task, and I think I know just the guy.”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Haven't you ever been through experiences like ours before. Something you seems so close and yet it's so far?”
 
Serena: “Everybody gets that way most times, only because they're anxious to get something… like out of school.”
 
Amy: “Sometimes the waiting can be the hardest part of everything. But it's better to wade patiently instead of just trying to make the impossible possible.”
 
Rei: “Besides… think of all the better things you can do while you wait. The less you think about something more time that might actually pass and it will be there before you know it.”
 
Lita: “But it's also not a good thing to let the time pass too much, otherwise you might not have time to do things you really want, and then even if you get what you want, it might not feel like a such a big thing anymore.”
 
Mina: “Just remember, that Good things take time, but Great things can happen all at once. Even if the waiting is the hardest part.”
 
(Song from the Café, Sung by Darien… backup from the rest of the gang.)
 
(Darien)
 
-Oh baby don't it feel like heaven right now
Don't it feel like somethin' from a dream
Yeah I
've never known nothing quite like this
Don
't it feel like tonight might never be again
We know better than to try and pretend
Baby no one could have
ever told me bout this
 
The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
T
he waiting is the hardest part
 
Well yeah I might have chased a couple of women around
All it ever got me was down
Then there were those that made me feel good
But never as good as I feel right now
Baby you
're the only one that's ever known how
To make me wanna
' live like I wanna' live now
 
The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more ca rd
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part
 
Don't let it kill you baby, don't let it get to you
Don
't let `em kill you baby, don't let `em get to you
Ill be your breathin
' heart, Ill be your cryin' fool
Don
't let this go to far, don't let it get to you