Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Sailors In Space! ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
 
The moment Zelda, and Ganondorf's voice were gone, the temple continued to cave in. “EVERYBODY OUT!!!” cried Link.
 
They all sprinted out of the Temple and were barely able to get ten yards away from it when it fell over, and vaporized into dust.
 
“Oh… My beautiful temple…” Link cried. “… Gone!”
 
Link never felt so upset, and furious at once. Not only was his temple, his home, taken away from him, but so was Zelda. She was up there, somewhere, and Link hadn't the slightest idea of what was happening to her.
 
Meanwhile, in Ganon's castle
 
Zelda, still trapped inside the pink gem, was imprisoned in Ganondorf's throne room, and starring him face-to-face.
 
“Poor little Princess.” he sniggered. “You tried so hard to avoid my pursuit, and in the end… Evil has prevailed.”
 
“You heartless monster!” Zelda growled from inside the gem. “You won't get away with this!”
 
This time Ganondorf just sight and shook his head. “How many times are you all going to keep saying that?” he asked. “And how many times will I have to keep telling you… “It is NOT going to happen.”
 
He snapped his fingers, and one of his windows in the room magically gave them a perfect view of the Earth. “Such poor specimens those Earthlings.” he muttered.
 
Just then, one of his monsters came in. “Sire… the next fragment is ready to be launched against the Earth, awaiting your command.” it said. “When we attack, those pathetic Earthlings will not know what hit them!!”
 
“Excellent. Everyone on Earth will soon know the awful truth.” Ganondorf hissed. “You will commence shooting now!”
 
The monsters got the message and fired a large fragment chipped off the Asteroid, straight on towards the Earth. “Hmm, mm, mm… Look out below.”
 
Meanwhile, at NASA
 
The alarms were going crazy. “It's coming in at 30,000 MPH.” cried Kakeru. “It's coming down from the eastern Asian seaboard.”
 
“Estimated time of impact… three minutes.”
 
A lot of the men pounded their consoles, there was no way they could warn anyone in time.
 
In Asia
 
A lot of people were celebrating a festival, and rather enjoying themselves that pleasant evening. Until… a young boy looked up in to the sky.
 
Everyone looked up and saw the meteor coming straight for them, they all ran about in panic as the rock hit the matter and washed out the entire town in a massive tsunami, many were lost, and more left homeless.
 
Worse than that, this began to raise everyone's suspicions. It attracted the press, the government… even amateur astronomers could spot the Asteroid from the their telescopes.
 
At NASA
 
Yamato's cell phone rang. It was a text message which red. “It has happened.”
 
“Great… now the whole world knows.” he sighed.
 
He really didn't know what to think now. He did have faith and confidence that Link and his team would prevail, but he just wished…
 
No… he didn't…. wishing was no the thing to say.
 
He was praying, that there would be just one little sign, one little hope… that would shed some light on the situation. Make the world calm down a bit.
 
Little did he realize that he was being watched.
 
Navi had flown around the world to inspect the damage, and she had a feeling she should check on Yamato. She knew Link would probably kill her for what she was about to do, but… she had to do it.
 
She sprinkled a little fairy dust into her hands and gently blew it all towards Yamato's phone.
 
Yamato then received another text message, but strangely, it didn't say who it was from. All it read was. “Time… Moon… Mercury… Mars… Jupiter… Venus… and Mask..”
 
Yamato had no idea what that meant. What did those names have to do with it anything? “Unless…” he suddenly remembered people in Tokyo mention those names over and over again.
 
Suddenly, his eyes lit up. “Did I just hire help from the--?” he didn't know, but he intended to find out.
 
Meanwhile, back in Tokyo
 
Everyone, now back in their regular street clothes, were heading back home for one last night of sleep before the big day, and Link was going to spend the night at the Military, since he had no place to go now that the Temple of Time was gone.
 
Navi was back, and she had to confess to Link.
 
“You did what?!” Link scolded. “Navi… do you realize how serious this is?”
 
“I'm sorry, I'm sorry… I just couldn't help it.” Navi said.
 
Link laid back on his bed, and rubbed his eyes. “Okay… okay. At least nobody knows about this for certain.”
 
“Wrong again.” came a voice from behind.
 
Link slowly turned around, and there was “Colonel. Hybrid?” he asked. “Did you just hear… and see--”
 
Speed nodded. “All of it.”
 
Link had to try and persuade Speed that it wasn't true, but it was no use. Link even tried to persuade Speed into thinking it was all a dream and he was asleep, but actually, Speed had been awake all night preparing for the mission, he hadn't slept a wink.
 
“Now I want the truth.” Speed said. “Are you and your team who I think you are?”
 
Early, the next morning
 
The whole world did know about the Asteroid, but they didn't know about Link's team yet.
 
Link, using Saria's Song had told everyone what had happened. All of them were pretty annoyed with Navi for trigging Link having to tell the officials what was going on.
 
“The point is…” Link said over his thoughts. “We're going to have to leave for Kennedy at once.”
 
There was a harsh moment of silence. “Whoa, whoa… you mean, right now?” asked Rei.
 
“I'm afraid so… the choppers are already here and ready to take us.” replied Link. “The world already knows about the Asteroid, so we should all go before it gets worse and they find out who we are.”
 
Link told them that the Military, and Yamato would not tell a soul about the identity of Link and his team, but still, Launch was at 6:30pm, American Eastern time.
 
Time to Launch
 
T-Minus… 12 hrs… 8 min… 20 sec… and counting.
 
Already, the two shuttles were attached to the rocket-boosters and fuel-tanks, and sitting upright on the launch pads.
 
Estevan and Ryua were wheeling the Nuclear-bomb to the loading bay, while other officials were loading all the supplies, drill-equipment, and the Armadillos themselves.
 
Everything was all set, all that remained was for Link his teams to suit-up and board them, and now was the first step… Saying goodbye.
 
School and work had been called off that day because… well… let's face it, who could possibly work when they were all aware that a Global Killer Asteroid was about to come crashing down and kill everyone and everything on the planet.
 
Making it perfect to slip away.
 
Sammy was just woke up, and so did Kenji and Ikuko were too, and they were all listening to the news. All of them were very surprised to see Serena up at such a late hour.
 
“Honey, aren't you tired.” asked her Kenji.
 
Serena didn't say a word but just walked over and hugged her father. “What… what's this for?” Kenji asked.
 
Ikuko had an idea. “She probably knows about it too.” she said, but suddenly, Serena hugged her mother too.
 
“I just want you to know I love you all.” she said. “We will get through this.”
 
Sammy didn't know what to think of his sister's behavior. “Whoa… what's with you, brainiack? You eat too many donuts before bed again?”
 
Normally Serena would chase Sammy and pin him down to try and get back for such an insult, but instead she just smiled, and then hugged him too.
 
Sammy was really getting freaked out now. “You're still the best little brother a girl could ask for.” she whispered.
 
Serena lied saying she wanted to go talk to her friends for a while and see if they were okay… hiding the fact that she was leaving and might never be returning.
 
The others all met at the Military camp where the choppers were ready to take them to Kennedy where the shuttles were waiting for them.
 
All of them seemed pretty down, and who could blame them, having to say goodbye to their families and loved ones knowing they might not ever see them again.
 
Rei even told Chad they could actually go a little date when, and if, she got back. “Ooh… so you finally snapped.” said Lita. “You ready to admit you like the guy, yet?”
 
“Hey… it's not what you think.” snapped Rei. “It's just a little pity date.”
 
“Sure it is.” Mina mocked.
 
Later that day
 
The families were getting very worried. “Serena should've been home by now.” cried Ikuko.
 
“Hey Gramps… you seen Rei anywhere.” asked Chad.
 
 
The news, the press… practically every bit of information in the world was focused on NASA, hearing that they had a full scale mission prepared to deal with threat against Earth.
 
At that moment, Generals, people of the press were standing outside the gates to the building where Link and his team were preparing to suit up.
 
All of them were putting on special flight suits. Each suit had each team member's name on a badge sewed on the right side, and on their left arms was a special mission badge which read…
 
“For Love! For Honor! For Mankind!”
 
Navi was also strapped tightly onto Link's suit so she would stand the Lift off.
 
Finally, all of them were suited up, and given their black flight helmets, which they didn't put on yet, and one of the technicians came in. “Astronauts… this way please.” he said.
 
They all picked up their helmets and walked out into the main foyer where they were joined by their other six crewmates. They all stood near the huge doors just listening to those chattering people out there.
 
Colonel Xerxes noticed Serena was quivering a little. “You scared there, Serena?” he asked. Serena nodded. “Awe, that's okay.” He replied. “I felt the same way before my first launch.”
 
“What really happened?” asked Mina.
 
Kata went all pink. “I uh… I don't really remember.” He said nervously.
 
His co-pilot, Shana whispered to everyone. “The ride was so fast that it knocked him into a deep sleep. Almost even put him into a coma.”
 
The others sweat dropped, but then put on their brave faces as the gates slowly began to open, and the cameras began flashing as the crowds began to cheer.
 
And at that very moment, on the conference from Washington. The President walked up to the podium to begin spreading his speech across America, while other country leaders did the same to their countries.
 
“I address you tonight not as the President of the United States. Not as the leader of a country… but as a Citizen of Humanity.”
 
The crews let the cameras take more pictures of them before they began their walk down the red carpet to the Vans that would drive them to the shuttles on the Launch-pad.
 
“We are faced with very gravest of challenges.”
 
“The Bible calls this day, “Armageddon”: The end of all things… and yet… for the first time in the history of the planet, the species has the technology to prevent it's own extinction.”
 
Everyone across the entire planet was tuned into that station, and those that had televisions were giving their prayers to Link and his team.
 
“All of you praying with us need to know, that everything that can be done to prevent this disaster is being called into service.”
 
“The human thirst for Excellence… Knowledge… Every step up the ladder of science. Every adventurous reach into space, all of our combined modern technologies, and imaginations, even the wars we have fought have provided us the tools to wage this terrible battle.”
 
TIME TO ZERO BARRIER
 
2 days… 23 hours… 3 min… 52 sec…
 
TIME TO IMPACT
 
3 days… 2 hours… 35 min… 52 sec…
 
“Through all the chaos that is our history… through all of the wrongs, and the discords. Through all of the pain, and suffering. Through all of our times… there is one thing that has nourished our souls, and elevated our species above it's origin…”
 
In Tokyo
 
Sammy was watching the live broadcast, but when he saw the Astronauts step out of the van, his eyes widened. “MOM… DAD…. IT'S SERENA!!” he screeched.
 
Kenji and Ikuko ran to the living room, and… well. “WHAT THE--?!”
 
“MY BABY GIRL!!!”
 
The other families were watching too…
 
“AMY!!!” cried Dr. Anderson.
 
“Hey Chad… look at that astronaut, she looks like, Rei.” said Grandpa.
 
Chad spit out his soda. “No Joke!!” he cried. “That…. That is Rei!!!”
 
Everyone else who the girls knew…
 
Andrew and Rita… Molly and Melvin… Ms. Haruna herself saw the girls marching onto the launch pad on TV.
 
“…And that is… our Courage!”
 
“Dreams of an entire planet are focused tonight on those thirteen brave souls… traveling into he heavens.”
 
Luna and Artimus were sitting on a rooftop, over looking the broadcast through a TV in a store window.
 
“Good luck everyone… We know you can do this.” they thought.
 
“May we all, citizens the world over, see these events through. Godspeed… and good luck to you all.”
 
That was the end of the speech, and the press began questioning the President… While the crews already hopped onto the elevators and rode them up high to the boarding-bridges.
 
A man awaiting them at the top opened the gate, and then pointed out which way to got. “All right… Light crew on the left… Courage crew to the right.”
 
Before they all spilt up, Link halted them all to give his team one last word about the mission. “all right everyone… this is it.” he said. “Once we get up there, everyone will be on their own…”
 
“Remember… we only have ten hours to get the job done, but we can't leave without first rescuing Zelda. So we're going to have to keep the schedule as balanced as we can… We've never let anyone down before, and we can't start now. everyone good.”
 
Darien and the girls bowed. “Yes… Master.” They all said. then… it was time. The two crews split up and went their separate ways.
 
“Attention, all personal… were a T-minus 3 hours and fifteen minutes until launch and counting. All systems green and go.”
 
The sun was beginning to set.
 
Once onboard the shuttles, a group of technicians were going over the final checkouts, and then strapping the astronauts to their seats, and helped them get their helmets on.
 
Serena and Darien's seats were so close that could reach each other.
 
“Darien?” Serena asked. “Will you please hold my hand?”
 
Darien smiled, and grasped her hand tightly. “Don't worry, Serena.” he said. “Everything's going to be just fine.”
 
Link was all set to go too. he looked down onto his suit and saw Navi all stressed out. “Hey, Navi relax… don't be so afraid.” he said.
 
“Afraid?” Navi cried. “Oh, I'm way beyond afraid. Right now I'm somewhere between bedwetting, and dying from a heart attack of a near death experience.”
 
On the Courage
 
“Yeah… make it nice and tight, I don't want to fall out.” said Rei.
 
Jupiter even imagined the guy who was strapping her down was strapping her down the other way… if you catch the drift.
 
Launch control kept in close contact with Houston, and Houston was ready to take over control of the mission after the shuttles were launched.
 
A little while later
 
It was minus Three minutes to launch, the launch pad, and the area was cleared, and it was now time for clearance for launch.
 
“All right. Flight directors on with the go/no go for launch.” The men all checked their computers and called out their checks.
 
“Retros… Go Flight.”
 
“Boosters… Go Flight.”
 
“Ecos… Go Flight.”
 
“Trajectory… Go Flight.”
 
“FIDO… Go Flight.”
 
“EVA… Go Flight.”
 
“CAPCOM Light… Go Flight.”
 
“CAPCOM Courage… Go Flight.”
 
The headman nodded. “All right… we're ready to light those candles.” he said, then he spoke into radio.
 
“Courage and Light, this is Kennedy firing room. We are T-Minus one minute to launch. All crew members, close and lock your visors.”
 
Link snapped his helmet closed, and Navi used her magic to form incase her head in a little bubble.
 
Darien and Serena closed their visors, still holding hands. Everyone's visors were closed, and checked, and the engines began roaring to life.
 
“T-Minus 31. You're go for auto-sequence start.”
 
Yamato was watching the whole thing from Houston control, and he only had a few last words to say before lift off. “Okay everyone… you're our warriors up there.” he said.
 
“You've always been heroes in any case, and you'll always be our heroes. So just sit back and enjoy the ride… and God be with you.”
 
All the astronauts nodded, and Link looked up at the sky. “Watch out, Ganondorf… here we come.” he said to himself.
 
“T-Minus 20 seconds.”
 
Light began quivering and shaking as it's rockets began to fire up, and everyone was being rocked around like being in a stampede.
 
“Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six…”
 
“Here we go!!” cried Speed.
 
“Five. Four. Three. Two. One.”
 
POW!!! They had booster ignition, and the Light began going up. “Lift off A-Okay.” Said Renee.
 
“Roger, Light… you're looking good.”
 
Now that Light was high enough from the tower… “We have go for Courage.” Said the director. T-Minus Three. Two. One.”
 
POW!! They began to lift off too. “We have Lift off, Houston.” said Kata.
 
Both Shuttles were looking good… they climbed a little higher and away from the tower. “Houston… the tower is clear. They're all yours.”
 
Everyone cheered, and so the action went over to Yamato in Houston. “All right everyone… lets keep an eye on them.”
 
The Shuttles kept on going up, and up, and up, and began roll maneuver. “All engines go.” said Shana.
 
Finally they broke out of the atmosphere, and the boosters and tanks fell away, but the shuttles just went even faster. “WHOA-OA-OA-OA… This is one heck of a ride.” Jupiter cried.
 
The Shuttles kept going for a little longer, and then… all was soft and quiet. “You may open your visors.” said Speed.
 
Everyone slowly opened up their helmets, and looked out the window. Their mouths hung open in amazement. “Suddenly… I feel right at home.” Link said.
 
“Awe man… Would you look at this!” cried Rei.
 
“This is Space!” cried Mina. “Well of course we're just in the beginning part of space, just wait until we get to outer space.”
 
“All right crew… let's exit these flight suits and prepare for fuel reset.” said Shana. The mission had finally begun.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Well… we're on our way, and boy do we ever feel all mixed up inside.”
 
Serena: “We all feel sad, and excited at the same time, but out of most of it… we're a little afraid.”
 
Amy: “We really don't know what's going to come, and even how it will effect us, but rest assured we have to really watch out for ourselves now.”
 
Rei: “We're up here… they're down there. It's like having our own little world where we make all the rules, and there's nothing anyone can say or really do to stop us..”
 
Lita: “But we came up to space for a reason. We have a mission to complete, and the world to save. If we don't… who will?”
 
Mina: “This will be the greatest, and possibly most dangerous adventure we'll ever have. For the first time ever… we are… Sailor Scouts… in Space.”
 
(Song, Power Rangers in Space tune)
 
10… 9… 8 …7 …6 …5 …4 …3 …2 …1
Sailors in Space!
 
-Set Controls to outer space now
Flying higher than ever before
Sailors, (In Space)
 
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask!
Go, go, go, fly
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask! Goooooooo
...in Space!
 
Live on thrusters fire the rockets
Save the future long live the Sailors (In Space)
 
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask!
Go, go, go, fly
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask! Goooo
...in Space!
 
(PAUSE FOR MUSIC CHOIR)
 
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask!
Go, go, go, fly
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask! Goooooo…
...in Space!
 
-Set Controls to outer space now
Flying higher than ever before
Sailors, (In Space)
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask!
Go, go, go, fly
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask!
Go, go, go, fly
Go, Hero of Time!
Go,
Sailor Scouts now!
Go,
Tuxedo Mask! gooooooooooooo…
…IN SPACE!