Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Princess Zelda! ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FORTY
 
Drill training went through smoothly. They simulated drilling through different types of ground, and even simulated different situations.
 
Once they got to the Asteroid, they would have to be cautious while they worked to avoid breaking the drill-heads, or blow out the transmission so the whole would even work.
 
Finally, everything was all set. Launch-day was only about two days away, and while Link was taking his restroom break… when it began to happen just like in his dream again.
 
As he sat there, he could feel himself being pulled away into the Sacred Realm. “Huh? On, no, no, no… Not again!” he mumbled.
 
“Link… can you hear me.” said a Familiar voice.
 
Link looked around. “Rauru?”
 
It was him all right, but he wasn't alone. Link quickly pulled his pants back up when he noticed the girls, and Darien were also dragged in with him.
 
“Will someone please tell me what's going on here?” snapped Rei.
 
“And who is this guy?” asked Darien. “Is he one of the Sages too?”
 
Rauru nodded, “I am Rauru… the Sage of Light, and one of the original group of sages.” he said. “I have brought you all here to tell you that the time for the Final showdown with the King of Evil has nearly arrived.”
 
He also confirmed with them all that it was true. Ganondorf really was hiding on the Asteroid that was coming, which explained pretty much why he couldn't be found before… he wasn't even on the Earth.
 
It was also determined that he had complete control of the Asteroid, and as able to make it do anything he wanted, including making small meteoroids fly from it to hit the Earth.
 
So when they went up there, they would also have to find his castle and confront him, and get the drilling project done… somehow.
 
“Now… before you all actually depart. You should all meet the one who is waiting for you.” replied Rauru. “On the night before you leave… meet the one who is waiting for you at the Temple of Time.”
 
Rauru began to fade away with the images “Wait… don't go!” cried Link. “Who is this person?!” but Link already found himself back in the restroom talking to himself.
 
After h came back out, he was surprised to find everyone waiting for him. “What are we going to do now?” asked Mina. “We're about to walk straight into the Lion's den.”
 
Nobody knew what to say, or even think. Now the whole mission was beginning to look more and more suicidal. To the girls, this was even worse than when they tried to find Queen Beryl and four of them were nearly killed.
 
“We have no choice.” Link said. “If we stay here, we'll die for sure, and so will everyone else on the planet. If we go up there, we only might get killed.”
 
The odds were not in their favor either way, still… they knew they had to do this, and they decided that their first priority was to meet this mystery person… Whoever it was?
 
Link kept wondering. “This mystery person… could it… could it be--?” he had to consider all the possibilities, but also to brace himself if it was going to be who he hoped.
 
The next day
 
Launch day was the day after tomorrow, and Link was talking with Yamato on the phone, and with Speed, and Renee. “I want my team to have tomorrow off.” he said.
 
“What do you mean “Off? Yamato asked.
 
“I mean I want them to be able to get out of here for at least ten hours, then we'll all head to Florida and go to Kennedy.”
 
“Gee… uh… I don't really think we can do that.” replied Yamato. “I mean… we're looking at a big chance here. What if they talk, or if they hurt..”
 
Link wasn't up to taking “No” for an answer this time. “Well what if they go up there and forget what they're fighting for?” he asked.
 
“Remember… we did not ask to do this, you dragged us into it, and now we have no choice. This mission's really got them all ready to snap. Tomorrow may very well be the last night they ever see Earth again.”
 
Yamato was about to protest when Link asked. “Speed… Renee… you got families?”
 
“I have wife and two girls.” said Speed.
 
“And I have a boyfriend, whom I do miss a little.”
 
Then suddenly they realized Link was right. They could all use this time off, and spend some time with their loved ones. “I'm not asking you… I'm telling you.” Link replied.
 
The Next Day
 
Their time off was granted… and did they ever feel the need to get out there, and keeping mind not to mention a thing about the Asteroid to anyone.
 
TIME TO ZERO-BARRIER
 
3 days… 6 hrs … 12 min… 24 sec…
 
TIME TO IMPACT
 
3 days… 10 hrs … 9 min… 24 sec…
 
The girls each went home, except for Serena and Darien, who preferred to spend some quality, alone time together in the park.
 
“Hey. You okay?” he asked her.
 
Serena didn't know what to say. She was sad, and excited about the mission coming, but most of all… she was afraid. “What if we don't even make it up there?” she asked softly. “What if some of us don't make it back?”
 
She held onto Darien. “I can't lose you all again, I just can't.”
 
Darien placed his finger over her lips. “Shh… don't think about that now.” he said to her. “It might not even happen.”
 
But what was he saying? None of them actually knew Ganondorf the way Link did. This was no ordinary villain they were going after… this was the King of Evil they were talking about.
 
The very creature that blew up Link's entire home world. He was even more powerful than Queen Beryl ever was. Defeating him, and saving the world from total obliteration would be somewhere between hard to nearly impossible.
 
“Still… we've never let anything stop us before.” replied Darien. “And I know I'm not going to stop. I'll protect you to the bit or end, and the world by your side.”
 
Serena smiled and tried to peck him on the check, but he stopped her at the last inch and brought her lips to his, and there they just sat, without a care in the world.
 
Later on
 
It was getting pretty late, and everyone had had their fair share of free time. Now they were just staying at the Temple with Link, training for any upcoming battle they may run into when confronting Ganondorf's castle.
 
All of them were trying real hard, pushing their strengths beyond their limits to prepare for anything. They even spared against each other for a little while to make things more challenging.
 
They all headed back into the temple, still transformed, and Rauru's spirit was speaking through the Door of Time.
 
“I am most impressed with all of your training.” he said. “I have complete faith in all of you, and wish you well on your journey, but be warned… Ganondorf is fully aware that you are coming, and he is at this moment preparing for your arrival”
 
This gave everyone a chill down their spine. “Is there anything you can do to help them?” asked Luna.
 
Rauru shook his head. “Alas… my power only has little influence, even in this Sacred Realm.” he said. “I do however know of someone who can help you… and that person you shall meet momentarily.”
 
“For now… I bid you all good luck.”
 
“Wait don't go!” cried Artimus, but the Door had already sealed.
 
“Darn it, Rauru!” growled Navi. “Always leaving us with riddles.”
 
“I don't think he really meant to keep us guessing.” said Mercury. “We should trust his words, and meet up with this mystery person.”
 
“I agree.” said Mars. “We're bound to meet this guy, whoever he is, pretty soon. I say we go for it and wait.”
 
The others all agreed, including Link. So they waited…
 
…and waited.
 
Some of them took short naps, and Link also found the time to sharpen his Master-Sword, and Darien's Big-Goron sword. “Are they looking good?” Link asked.
 
Darien pulled a leaf off of the plants and dropped it onto the blade of his sword, and leaf split-up on the blade. “Ahh… perfect.” Darien said.
 
Suddenly, Jupiter looked up… “Hey, it's you.” she said. This rattled everyone's and they all turned around and saw Sheik standing at the foot of the stairs leading to the outside.
 
“I know you have all have been waiting for me.” he said.
 
“Link… the Hero of Time, and Sailor Scouts.... the planet soldiers… you too Tuxedo Mask. All of you have overcome many hardships and re-awakened the power of the Six Sages.”
 
“And now you all have a final challenge… a showdown with Ganondorf, the King of Evil.”
 
“Tell us something we don't know.” Jupiter muttered.
 
Link then suddenly noticed that his Trifoce-Fragments were flashing, as if they were reacting towards Sheik, and surprisingly “I'll bet you are wondering why your Tricore Fragments are reacting, Link.” Sheik asked.
 
“Yes… I am.” Link answered.
 
Well it so happened that Sheik had yet another unknown legend of the Triforce, a legend that was passed down by his people… The Sheikahs.
 
The Legend went like this…
 
The Legend did go that the Triforces separated into three parts… POWER… WISDOM… and COURAGE… but there was a hidden legend to them as well.
 
Although each Triforce piece had it's own special qualities, they all had one very vital flaw in their existence.
 
They each followed the life force of the ones who bared them. Meaning that the Triforces would only exist as long as their respective barer was alive. If the barer were to be killed, then the Triforce that they bare would also vanish forever.
 
The only way one can be separated from the Triforce that they bear would be for it to be shattered into several tiny shards, which could then be gathered and reassembled back into their former glory.
 
In addition to this… a whole piece or the shards of a piece can detect the position of the lost shards, and other Triforce Parts, making it easier to gather up the fragments.
 
But only when all the pieces have been acquired and assembled into a whole-Triforce, the shards can be kept inside or taken out of anyone.
 
Only when a full-piece is assembled will it rejoin, will it remain in one's hand, permanently.
 
 
“Link, ten-thousand years ago, when you faced Ganondorf, you could not have destroyed him, or the Triforce of power would have ceased to exist.” replied Sheik.
 
“However… if either one of the three fragments were destroyed. Then all the other parts would have lost their powers, but as you can tell… all three of them are still in existence.”
 
Link was most amazed. “If I had known that from the very start, I would have found the other two long ago.” he said.
 
“Wait a minute.” said Mars. “If this is true… then... why are the shards we have reacting towards him?”
 
Link suddenly began to realize. Ganondorf had the Triforce of Power, but since he was up in space, there was no way that was that he was sensing, and there was only one shard of his Triforce of Courage left to find, and it didn't give off a signal this large.
 
“Wait… then that means-- Could you possibly be--?”
 
Sheik showed them all on his hand. “I am the barer of the Triforce of Wisdom.” Sheik said in a female voice. “I am the seventh sage… the leader of them all.”
 
Then the Triforce of Wisdom began to glow, and there was a bright long flash of light, everyone has to shield their eyes, and when they looked back…
 
…they all gasped at what they saw, and Link couldn't believe his eyes.
 
(Picture her the way she looks in Twilight Princess, she looks real hot that way.)
 
It was her… it was really, truly her. “It is I… the Princess of Hyrule… I am Zelda.”
 
She had pointy ears just like Link did. She also had Long strawberry-blonde hair. A golden tiara across her brow. A long white dress, with a purple blouse for the top part. Golden doublets on her shoulders, long white glover, longer than the scouts gloves.
 
Most importantly… her earrings were in the shape of all three Triforces as one.
 
The others all kept on muttering under their breaths “Princess?”
 
“Princess?”
 
Then Luna stepped forward. “Show some respect everyone.” she said, and she bowed in Zelda's presence, and the others got down on one knee and bowed to her as well, but Link remained perfectly still, unable to believe his eyes.
 
“Hello, Link.” Zelda said in a soft voice. “I've missed you so much.”
 
“Z-Z-Zelda?” Link cried. “All this time… you were--”
 
Zelda knew she had deceived him and the others for a long time. “Please, Link… do not be upset with me.” she said. “I apologize for deceiving you, but I needed to hide from Ganondorf's sights.”
 
Link was finding it harder, and harder to breathe. He didn't know what to do, or say… he really didn't know. His beloved, his Princess… here she was after all the ages they had been apart, and yet she had been deceiving him all along as Sheik.
 
Everyone else got up. “Master?” Tuxedo asked. “Master?” but Link was acting as though he couldn't see or hear any of them.
 
Zelda held her head low. “Please, Link… won't you let me explain?” she cried with tears starting to appear in her eyes.
 
Link smiled and a tear rolled down his eye. He turned towards her. “You don't have to.” He said. Zelda looked up as Link walked over to her and held her hands. “I can forgive you Zelda… because I still love you.”
 
Zelda smiled as her tears began to fall, and she rested her head against Link's chest, and Link wrapped his arms around her, holding her closer.
 
This awed the others, and some of the girls wiped their eyes. “After 10,000 years… they're still in love.” Mercury sniffled. “This… is so romantic.”
 
Zelda explained everything…
 
Before Planet Legroa exploded, she was badly injured and only had enough power to spare Link, but completely unaware of Impa's spell, just after Link was frozen and cast out into space… Zelda herself had gotten frozen into a crystal and flew out into space too.
 
Link unfortunately was too far away, and thought to have been lost forever, but Zelda was found by the Spirits of the Six Sages and kept guarded safely very well for all the ages.
 
“After learning you were safe, and that Ganondorf had returned, the Sages defrosted me, and sent me to Earth, passing myself off as a Sheikah to aid you in your quest against Ganondorf and his evil minions.”
 
She began to look a little sad and distressed. “For so long, how I wished I could have revealed myself to you all earlier, and make things seem more clear.”
 
Then she looked up with a brave look on her face. “And now that all of you have received the power of the Sages, the history of Ganondorf, the Evil King will come to a close.”
 
Everyone nodded with confidence in their eyes. There wasn't going to be any lock up, or freezing this time. Ganondorf was going to meet his long deserved fate, finally and forever.
 
“Trust in your powers, and remember that the Spirits of the Sages will guide you.” replied Zelda. “And here is a weapon for all of you that can penetrate the Evil King's defenses, which is only handed to the chosen ones.”
 
“The Sacred arrows of light.”
 
She held out her hand, and in it was the last Triforce Shard. She had it on her all along. Zelda used both it, and the power of her own Triforce of Wisdom to make all and new magical arrow to appear and the light beamed its way right into everyone who held a bows, hearts.
 
All of them had received the Light Arrows: An enchanted magical arrow, with a powerful glow to smite evil.
 
With all that they were equipped with now, they were sure to not lose… but suddenly… the whole temple began to rumble and the walls and ceilings began to crack up.
 
“What… What's going on?” cried Sailor Moon.
 
The plants began toppling over, and the water in Link's little rivers flash boiled to nothing. The music in the temple stopped, and Zelda look frightened. “That… that rumbling.. it's can't be?!”
 
“What? What is it?” cried Venus.
 
Suddenly, a giant pink gem appeared around Zelda, trapping her inside. “Zelda!!” Cried Link.
 
“PRINCESS!!” everyone else cried.
 
“What's going on?!” cried Artimus.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah, ah. Not what… whom.” said a deep dark voice.
 
“I'd recognize that voice anywhere.” growled Jupiter.
 
It was Ganondorf, he had been spying them all this time and planned to capture Zelda From the beginning.
 
“Princess Zelda… you foolish girl!” he bellowed. “I commend you for avoiding my pursuit for all these ages, but I knew that as long as I let these kids run around, you would eventually let your guard down and reveal yourself.”
 
Zelda's gem suddenly began to quiver. “What's happening!” she cried.
 
Link pounded and pounded on the glass of the gem, but he couldn't break it down. “Zelda! No, Zelda!!”
 
Then, the gem began to rise up into the air, way up high. “No!!” cried Link. “GANONDORF!! YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!! Really? I beg to differ.” Ganondorf chuckled. “I already possess the Triforce of Power… and now with the Triforce of Wisdom… just look at where we stand.”
 
He was right, too. Now Ganondorf had two complete Triforces, and Zelda forgot to give Link the last Shard of the Triforce of Courage. This meant that both Link and Ganondorf had four pieces each.
 
“Now that I have all this… once I obtain the last bits of the Triforce of Courage… then I will gain complete mastery of all the Universe!”
 
“Not if we find you and get you first!” snapped Link.
 
“That's right… Ganondorf, you're the most wicked of all villains we've ever faced, and therefore we must put an end to you and your wicked ways.” added Sailor Moon.
 
Everyone raised their fists up high “FOR LOVE AND FOR JUSTICE… WE WILL PUNISH YOU!!” they all cheered together.
 
“Well… I sincerely doubt that will happen.” replied Ganondorf. “But if you wish to save Zelda… come to my castle… I'll be waiting for you. Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah, ha. Ah ho, ho, ho, ho, ho… WAAAAAAAH, HA, HA, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH, AAAHHH!!!”
 
His voice faded out, and the Gem, with Zelda inside it, were gone. Taken away to Gannon's castle… on the Asteroid.
 
Link grinded his teeth, and clenched his fists up really tight. “ZELDAAAAAAAA!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “It was really tragic. After being shortly reunited with my long lost love after all these Millennia, she slipped away again, and I didn't even share a kiss with her yet.”
 
Serena: “Still… in the real world, it's a completely different matter. When two lovers are separated, it is always possible that they will get back together.”
 
Amy: “Love is really a very powerful force… and is still almost hard to understand, but the bond that a man and woman share so deeply can never be broken by anything.”
 
Rei: “Some people would go to the ends of the Earth, climb the highest mountains, and some may even try to deny their feelings.”
 
Lita: “But in the end, Love always seems to triumph. Once it's there, it never goes away. Even if the relation does not work out, it is and will away be there.”
 
Mina: “Just remember, Love can never be broken… and the feelings between a couple's deepest desires will always remain together.”
 
(Song… sung by Link, while he picture's Zelda on the Asteroid)
 
(Link)
 
-The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah
 
I'm open, you're closed
-Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again
 
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I
somehow find
You and I collide
 
-I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared t
o know I'm always on your mind
 
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide
 
-Don't stop here.
I lost my place.
I'm close behind.
 
-Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You
finally find
You and I collide
 
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide
 
You finally find
You and I colli
-i-i-i-i-i-i-ide