Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Lost! ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
 
Less than five hours to go before Zero-Barrier was breached, but Link and his team weren't about let the ground delay their drilling any longer. Both the transmission, and a new, strong drill head was hooked up and the project recommenced.
 
“Tranny's hooked up.” said Mars as the machine started up again. “We're back in business.”
 
This time, Jupiter, and Mars would use strong tools to hold the drilling arm steady so the drill head wouldn't get lodged again.
 
Sailor Moon and Venus kept their eyes on the transmission to make certain it wouldn't blow out again, and Mercury helped Estevan and Speed work on the communications.
 
As they worked, and had much success too and drilled a lot deeper, they all paused a minute to look on ahead. “It's… the Earth.” Sailor Moon said softly.
 
Darien turned his head to look through the glass. “Wow, man. It looks so pretty from way up here.” he said softly. “I just hope we'll be able to set foot on her again.”
 
As Link looked on at the Earth he kept promising to himself over, and over again that he would save it. He would not let it be destroyed like his planet was.
 
As time went by, the hole was really coming along nicely.
 
“All right let's go… give me a depth reading, Darien.” said Link.
 
“We're at 500 feet and increasing.” Darien answered. “Only 500 more feet to go.”
 
That was a somewhat good thing. Only they still had to keep in mind that they still had their side mission to do, and with three and a half hours to go the odds would be well against them.
 
Where was Navi?
 
 
Navi had been flying around for quite a while, concealing herself inside a bubble to protect herself from the deadlines of space and the hazards of the Asteroid.
 
“Awe… whew… my wings are getting tired from all this flying.” She groaned. “How hard can it be to find one stupid castle?”
 
Actually, it was very hard indeed.
 
The Asteroid was the size of all North America, and Ganon's castle could have been anywhere. Too bad all the jagged rocks and mountains all looked alike or it would be easier to find it.
 
Navi sat down on a cliff face to relax a few moments. “Ooh… my poor wings.”
 
As set lifted her legs up to stretch them, as tiny as she was, her weight game away on the rock she sat on, and she began rolling down the hill.
 
“Whoa! Hey! What's Going On!! WHO-OA-OA-OA-OA!!
 
Thud!!
 
Thunk!!
 
Bash!!
 
Bonk!!
 
She flew like a catapult over the hill sides, and was barely able to keep from drifting into space. “WHOA-OA-OA!!”
 
Bump!! She smacked head first onto a huge tall rock. Oof… oh, boy… ow!” Navi muttered as she rubbed her head. “Oh, I tell you what, ow!”
 
She stood up. “Ooh! Smack me in the head, will you?!” She stood angrily and kicked the hard, very hard, stone.
 
BONG-NG-NG-NG!!
 
Her cheeks puffed up as she tried to hold back her yelp. “OW-W-W-W-W!! That smarts!
 
Then suddenly… she heard voices coming from just below her, and she saw a strange light just up ahead. “Hey, What's that?”
 
She hovered a little ways over, and realized where she was. She wasn't on any ordinary rock, and those voices… one of them sounded very familiar. “Ganondorf!” Navi muttered
 
“This plan is certain to have those pests come rushing over here.” Ganondorf said. “And when they do… Hmm, mm, mm… we shall be ready for them.”
 
“Your plan bewilders me, My-Lord.” Said one of his minions. “What is it that you hope to accomplish?”
 
Ganondorf's lips curled to a sneer. “You have the brain's of an Earthling at times.” he said. “We knew from the very start that they were coming to get us.”
 
He looked back at Zelda in her gem. “After all… we still have the bait.” he replied.
 
“So we wait?”
 
Ganondorf nodded. “And then… we take… And then, we destroy!! Then everything will be mine for the taking. Heh, heh, heh, ah, ah, ah! Launch the plan into action at once!”
 
The monster ran off and signaled his men.
 
“What are they doing?” Navi cried. Then she saw them loading what appeared to be a whole load of natural gases into a series of pipelines leading all over the bowels of the Asteroid.
 
All that pressure, and all the mass was enough to blow up the very ground itself. “Oh, no! I've got to warn them!” Navi cried and she sprinted off. “Oh, I hope I'm not to late!”
 
Meanwhile, at the drill site
 
Three hours to go, and by now they had drilled up to 750 feet. Speed was ever so amazed. “Well, I'll be… we might actually pull this off.” he muttered.
 
Estevan who was still working on the remote satellite urged him not to jinx it, but it was already too late as the ground suddenly began to vibrate a little. “Hey! What's happening?” Sailor Moon asked.
 
Then suddenly…
 
POW!! The hole began blasting green flames of gas like an angry geyser. “Darien…” Link said trying to keep calm. “Downshift slowly and back it out of there.”
 
Darien's eyes widened “Uh… Uh-Oh!”
 
Then suddenly the ground began quaking madly. “Earthquake!!” cried Mars. “The ground's breaking up!”
 
“We've hit a gas pocket!” cried Jupiter.
 
“Quick shut it off! Shut it off now!!” shouted Link.
 
The Armadillo began being rocked about. “Oh, Man! We're going to have a blowout!!” cried Darien. He tried the controls but they weren't working, and small explosions began erupting from the ground.
 
“Darien! Get out of there!” cried Link.
 
“I can't… the hatch is broken!!” Darien cried “This is it!”
 
(Slower speed-motion)
 
Sailor Moon and Darien both raised their hands out for each other. “SERENA!!”
 
“DARIEN!!”
 
“I'M FINISHED!!!”
 
Then it happened… the ground exploded all around the Armadillo, sending everyone flying backwards, and blasting the Armadillo clear off the Asteroid, taking Darien with it.
 
“DARIEN!!!” Link screamed.
 
Everyone watched in horror as the Armadillo soared higher and higher, and then… and then!!
 
…IT EXPLODED WITH A BIG BANG!!
 
Everyone's eyes filled with tears and gasps of shock.
 
“No.” Sailor Moon. “It can't be… you can't be…Gone!!
 
“DARIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!” Link screamed.
 
There was no chance at all. The Big-Goron sword and Darien's Deku nuts were seen floating around and they vanished into thin air, confirming it loud and clear.
 
He was gone!
 
At Houston
 
Everyone was most upset. “They've had a blow out!”
 
“The Armadillo's off the scope! Repeat, there is no sign of the Armadillo.”
 
Yamato slowly took off his headset, and bowed his head low, just as a lot of the other people did. The mission was completely jeopardized.
 
Back at the drill site
 
“Tuxedo Mask!” Sailor Moon sobbed. “I can't believe he's gone!”
 
All the girls began to cry.
 
Speed, and Estevan were really feeling low, but out of everyone, No one felt as bad as Link did. His eyes were filled with tears of pain and loss as he walked over towards the hole, near the wreckage and leftovers of the Armadillo.
 
He fell to his knees and slammed his fists on the ground. “NOOOOOOO!!!” he sobbed. “No!”
 
Not only had he lost a dear friend, ally, but they were only at 750 feet. That was 250 short of their drill mark. Now both the Armadillo's had been destroyed and they had not equipment to finish the job on time.
 
It was all over now.
 
Link looked over and found there, in the ashes near his hand…. Darien's white mask, the only thing left of him. “Get a hold of Yamato.” He cried softly.
 
He shut his eyes tightly and his body quivered in his sorrow. “Prepare the world for bad news!”
 
On Earth
 
Air-raid sirens were wailing and people were rushing into their shelters, or home to be with their families as the news delivered the bad news.
 
“We're getting sketchy information that mission has suffered massive failure… and what we're trying to do is determine what really happened.”
 
“But, several NASA officials, and other reporters who're rushing home to be with their families had reported to us that the drilling was unsuccessful.
 
All over the world… there were people chanting their prayers. Some even just looking up at the sky searching for the Asteroid, and wearing large sings they made which read…
 
“THE END IS HERE!”
 
And in Tokyo… all the families were either in tears, worrying about the girls, and praying that something would happen.
 
“We're going to go off the air now. So wherever you are… good luck, and God bless you.”
 
TIME TO ZERO BARRIER
 
2 hrs… 53 min … 48 sec…
 
TIME TO IMPACT
 
6 hrs… 50 min… 48 sec…
 
Houston had no idea of what to do, and then it got even worse. “We've got a Bogy coming in fast.” cried Kakeru. “It's going it hit right in the middle of Paris.”
 
In Paris
 
Everyone began to run a muck in panic as the small meteor zoomed towards the middle of town… CRASH… sending a giant shockwave of eruption to spread and did catastrophic damage.
 
Toppling over the Eiffel Tower, ripping the roof of Les Invalides, destroying the gargoyles of Sacre-Coeur, and claiming the lives of many.
 
By this point, everything Yamato had hoped wouldn't come happened. Martial law had been declared in countless countries, and everyone was going berserk. Making messes, going around and doing what they wanted… living to their lasts.
 
The news was going crazy with these reports, and some were now keeping track of how long it would be until the end.
 
“Once the Asteroid hits Zero-Barrier… it will take about 3 hours, and 57 minutes to Impact Earth.” (Now you have the differences in the two timers)
 
Back on the Asteroid
 
Navi was forcing her wings to go as fast as they could go, and her back was really starting to hurt, but finally she reached the drill site… but she didn't like what she found.
 
The Armadillo was missing, and everyone was near, or in tears, and there was no sign of Darien anywhere. “No… I'm too late.” she cried.
 
Navi flew in slowly towards the Sailors, and the tears in their eyes proved she guessed right. They had had a big blowout which destroyed the Armadillo, and Darien, putting their mission in deep trouble.
 
Right now, Speed and Estevan were waiting their orders from Houston of what to do, but they were told not to do a thing until Yamato's final decision was made.
 
Link however remained just where he was. On his knees, staring sadly at the ground, he didn't move or make a noise. The only hint that he was alive was the soft blinking of his eyes.
 
Unable to accept his greatest failure… the once proud Hero of Time had lost his strength, and will. He promised that he would saver the world… he swore on Speed's family's life, and he let them all down.
 
He really felt like a total loser.
 
“Link?” Navi whispered. “Come on, Link, say something.”
 
But Link remained silent and still.
 
Even Speed and the Scouts tried to comfort Link with the old “You did your best.” trick. “The hole should be deep enough so we can save the Earth… we hope.
 
Link still didn't move. It was just no use… the light that used to shine in Link's eyes had disappeared, and now all he felt was emptiness. He'd let the Earth down… he let his team down… and worst of all he may have even left Zelda down.
 
Which reminded Navi of why she had come back in the first place, but she decided to tell them all on the shuttle.
 
“You found it?” asked Jupiter.
 
Navi nodded. She had found Ganondorf's castle, and it wasn't too far away from the drill site. They could walk over in less than five minutes in the low gravity.
 
Well… they did have more than two and a-half hours before Zero-Barrier, and they did need to get this done before they blew up the Asteroid.
 
“Master, what should we do?” asked Mars, but Link was still not moving or speaking.
 
“Master?”
 
No Response.
 
Sailor Moon stood up. “I say we go.” she said fiercely, much to everyone's surprise. “Well, come on. It's what we came up here for in the first place.”
 
The other scouts knew she was right. One of their main options was to rescue Zelda, and engage in a long awaited confrontation with Ganondorf.
 
He had already killed so many innocent beings when he destroyed Planet Legora, and now on Earth, he, and his Asteroid, had killed many more. Who knew what he would do if he had gotten his way, and where it would end?
 
Jupiter stood up “Let's go.”
 
“I'm in.” added Venus.
 
“For Darien.” said Mercury.
 
“Let's do this.” added Mars.
 
Even though Link wasn't talking, they all knew what his answer would be. Speed relayed word to Houston that the team was heading off on their side quest at the moment, and so the final decision would have to wait for a little while.
 
“You all be careful out there.” said Speed.
 
“Trust us, Colonel. We will be.” said Jupiter, and then they got back into their bubble suits, and headed off.
 
 
They hiked across a few plains on the Asteroid, and around the mountain where the Courage went down, and suddenly there it was.
 
Everyone stopped a moment to stare in awe at…
 
GANON'S CASTLE
 
It was really tall, with three different segments to the main tower. They also could see the entrance, which was not at all guarded, but it didn't have to be either.
 
The Castle itself was sitting on a floating rock that was hover two-hundred feet over a pit of molten-lava.
 
“Whoa! Would you look at that.” cried Sailor Moon.
 
This was it, all right. Zelda was inside that castle, right at the top of the tower, and so was Ganondorf, and according to Navi, as he was the one who sent that gas pocket to kill Darien, he had been expecting them all.
 
“Any ideas how we're going to get up there?” asked Venus.
 
The castle was too far, and too high up to reach with a single jump. Even with the low gravity, it was just too risky… and the castle being made of rock, and steel, the Hookshots wouldn't work either.
 
“Now what are we going to do?” asked Mars.
 
The only person who would know what to do was Link, and he was still being still and silent. Somehow they had to get through to him.
 
Suddenly… they all heard a familiar voice.
 
“Sailor Scouts… can you me?”
 
Everyone looked around. They didn't see anyone, but they recognized that voice. “Rauru? Is that that you?” asked Mercury.
 
“Yes it is… now listen to what I have to say.”
 
“If you all join your hands together, you can use your powers of we six sages to grant you access to the castle where Ganondorf dwells.”
 
All of them? But how were they All supposed to join hands if Link wasn't even mentally with them?
 
“Do not worry about Link.” said Rauru. “I will guide him as much as I can… but he will need to find his strength back on his own. So everyone, stand in a circle, and join hands.”
 
The all stood in their respective places in the circle. Light… Forest… Fire… Water… Shadow… Spirit. (Shadow and Spirit are supposed to be the other way around)
 
“Good luck everyone.” replied Rauru. “And be warned… the castle's keep, known as “Ganon's tower” is protected by six evil barriers.”
 
“Bring down the Six Barriers… and save Princess Zelda.”
 
Everyone nodded… expect for Link. Then they closed their eyes and concentrated, with Rauru helping Link, and then their bodies all began glowing their own respective sage colors.
 
(Picture the scene and music Power Rangers Movie when they became Ninjas)
 
Hundreds of glowing lights emerged from their bodies and floated around over their heads, and the began to settle down between the gap towards the castle.
 
A White flash followed, and then… what a sight to behold.
 
There, placed in the gap was a shiny rainbow bridge that lead all the way up to the entrance of the castle.
 
“Wow.” cried Mars. “Would you look at this.”
 
The bridge, although it was see-through, they could very well stand on it. So now… it was really time.
 
They all took a huge breath in, and began walking up the bridge to the entrance. While Ganondorf was watching them from above.
 
“Hmm… so… it has finally begun. Hmm, mm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link's thoughts: “Sorry… I'm still not talking yet, but can you really blame me either? I really feel as though I've let everyone down.”
 
Serena: “It's just a little thing that happens. When you can't seem to accept certain things in life and you just seem to give up.”
 
Amy: “Master really has lost himself, somehow we will get through to him, but the best we can do is let him search deep inside on his own.”
 
Rei: “It's always best if someone searches for themselves alone, than have people all over them trying to help, it might even make things worse.”
 
Lita: “Master has always been there for us, and he's done so much to help us get this far too. Surely he must know that.”
 
Mina: “Even if he doesn't… he will eventually… but it will take quite a bit for him to see the light again.”
 
(Song… sung by Link and Zelda with pop-star voices)
 
 
(Link)(Lost in his mind)
 
I'm out here on my own
To face the day alone
I need you to get me through the night
I'm lost out in the cold
I want someone to hold
I feel you're near, though you're out of sight
 
(Zelda)(Still locked up)
 
And even though we're far apart
I search the moonlit sky
I make a wish to be home with you
Can't you hear me cry?
 
(Both)(Far apart)
 
Show me the light
Someone to lead and guide me
 
(Link)
 
Show me the light
 
(Zelda)
 
A love to stand beside me
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
When I fear the dark
 
(Link)
 
A ray of sunshine,
 
(Zelda)
 
a rainbow's arc
 
Both)
 
Show me the light
 
(Link)
 
I'm reaching for a star
Wondering where you are
Where is the love searching for me too?
Oh, beyond the mountain top
The dream will never stop
Give me a sign
I'm running out of time
(Zelda)
 
Oh, I know someone is on their knees
Praying for me now
Won't you come and hear my pleas?
Save me somehow
Oh, somehow

(Both)(Far apart)
 
Show me the light
Someone to lead and guide me
 
(Link)
 
Show me the light
 
(Zelda)
 
A love to stand beside me
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
When I fear the dark
 
(Link)
 
A ray of sunshine,
 
(Zelda)
 
a rainbow's arc
 
Both)
 
Show me the light

Show me the
l-i-i-i-i-i-ight