Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Inside Ganon's Castle: Part Two. ( Chapter 46 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
 
With three of the barriers down, only three more were left.
 
Once Sailor Moon got back to the Main-Chamber, she quickly gave the Golden Gauntlets to Link first. “Ahh… at last… I have them back.” he said.
 
“Uh, Master… just how strong do those gauntlets make you?” asked Sailor Mars.
 
Link smirked. “Just watch.”
 
He stood by the large monolith stone, blocking his way to the Light Barrier. He grabbed the rock, and he grunted, and growled as he actually lifted the huge stone off the ground.
 
The girls gasped in complete and utter shock… and they gasped even bigger when Link tossed the stone with ease against the force-field behind them, which vaporized the stone in a flash.
 
Panting, Link copied the Gauntlets to give to Mars. “You'll need these.” He panted, and then he went through the door, into the Light Barrier.
 
Mars just stood there for a moment, almost unable to believe the awesome power she just witnessed, but finally she came to, and headed back up the stairs and into the Fire Barrier.
 
FIRE BARRIER
 
This room seemed to be the most dangerous one of them all. Almost every inch of the room consisted of molten lava, just like it was back in the Fire Temple. At least her Sailor Suit would protect her from the heat.
 
What she had to do in this chamber was collect all the Silver Rupees… but there was just one problem.
 
The giant platform in the center… the moment she steeped onto it, it began sinking into the lava, and it didn't go back up unless she stepped off of it. “Great! Now what?!”
 
Then suddenly, she had an idea, and clicked on her bubble-suit, and clapped off her Iron-Boots. “I hope this works.”
 
She stepped back onto the platform but used her suit-thrusters to keep her weight mass low, and the platform didn't sink as much, so at least it gave her a chance to get across and take the Rupees nearby.
 
The Third one however was on another platform, on the other side of another large monolith stone, but before she decided to pick it up and throw it, she took a moment to view the other islands across from her.
 
The fourth Rupee was just a quick hop across, but the fifth was on a smaller sinking-platform That was too far to jump, even with the thrusters and low gravity, and she couldn't use the Hover-Boots.
 
She would have to throw something into the gap to make a kind of stepping stone so she could hop across. Something big enough… hard enough… and strong enough.
 
Then she had an idea. “Okay… let's see… how did Master do this again?” she had her faith, and trusted in the Golden Gauntlets and lifted the stone up.
 
“Ugh! Okay…Ah… here goes!!” and with a swift heave, she tossed the stone over her head sending it crashing down in between that gap creating just the stone she needed, and revealing the third rupee.
 
She quickly gathered the reaming rupees, and the bars on the door to the power chamber were gone, now all she had to do was get across, and there was only one way how.
 
She took off her bubble-suit and hopped onto the central platform that began sinking under her weight again. “Now's my chance.” She said as she got out her Hookshot and fired at a target on the wall by the door, pulling herself to safety.
 
Then she entered the power chamber and found the harp in front of the barrier. She played the Bolero of Fire causing the barrier to cease, and Darunia's spirit to appear.
 
“Fire Barrier is dispelled. Hurry up sister!” Then Mars was warped back to the main-chamber just in time to catch the red-beam vanishing.
 
Four down… and two to go.
 
LIGHT BARRIER
 
Link was still having a hard time trying to decide what to do, as he hadn't gained back his full confidence left, but still he purged on.
 
The first Chamber required he find a key to proceed into the next room, yet there were six small chests all around him, and still not able to get a grip of himself, he opened them all. Some reveled arrows for his bow, others were just empty, while two of them were traps.
 
He took a little damage from them, almost unable to fight back from all his stress.
 
He really was out of his min over the loss of Darien, and the promise he made to save the world. In fact… he could barley lift up his sword too because it sensed his doubts.
 
But he still had other weapons he could use, Link his bow, which he used to tear down the Big Skulltula, and the bas tint he chamber, making the key chest appear right where he was standing.
 
He got the key and headed through the locked door to the next chamber. All he really had to do here was stand on a Triforce symbol on the floor, and play Zelda's Lullaby. This dropped him another key that he took to use on the next door and into the next chamber.
 
Now things got tricky…
 
This next Chamber had two rolling boulders rolling round and around the room, and Link had only One-minute to gather all the Silver Rupees, and he was barely able to make it with only less than Ten seconds to spare.
 
The bars on the door to the power Chamber were gone, but when Link went inside, the barrier was nowhere to be seen. “What?!” Link grunted.
 
He rubbed his eyes to make sure his stress wasn't making him see things wrong, but he was seeing it for real. The barrier was not there. He could hear it humming, but he couldn't see it.
 
What he did notice was the humming was coming from the wall. This could only mean that… and it was… the Barrier was behind an invisible wall.
 
Link didn't have to pick up the harp to play the Prelude of Light, because he just needed to use his Ocarina. The Barrier was disabled, and Rauru appeared.
 
“The Light Barrier is dispelled. Hurry!”
 
Then Link was warped all the way to the Main-Chamber and the yellow-light stream burnt out. Now there was only one barrier left.
 
SPIRIT BARRIER
 
Venus didn't think the first chamber was at all that tough. All she had to do was pull a few Armos statues out of the way and grab the Silver Rupees lying around.
 
Then it was onto he next chamber, only this time things weren't quite as easy as before. She was locked in a cage with a barred door as her only way out.
 
Well, there was a crystal switch she was able to hit, just outside from the bars, but all that did was drop a chest full of Bombachus. “What do I need these for?” she wondered.
 
Then she looked ahead through the bars, and saw another crystal switch, and she had a feeling it was what opened the door. She tried her Venus beam, but the bars on the cage were no ordinary bars.
 
The moment her energy hit the steel of the bars, the energy just got absorbed like a jellybean. She then tried her shifting sand technique, but that too didn't work. “Whoever designs these bars must be a real good smelter.”
 
This was really starting to look hopeless, as Venus couldn't see any other way out… except… when she looked up she saw a little opening above the bars. It was too small for her to fit through, but…
 
She took a Bambachu from the chest. “I wonder…”
 
She pulled the pin out, and set the little crawler up the bars, through the opening, down the other side… It kept on going, and going until it hit the switch and exploded causing the bars on the door to open.
 
“Yeah!”
 
She ran through the down and into the final sector where the door to the power chamber lay, and of course, it too was bared up. How to unlock it seemed obvious, but doing it was the hard bit.
 
Several sun relics were hanging along the walls. Obviously, only one of them would open the door, while the all the others would set off traps, but even before she could decide which was which, she needed light.
 
That's went she noticed the glowing spider webs above her. Obviously, the closer the Asteroid got towards the Earth, the brighter the sunlight got.
 
“VENUS CRESCENT BEAM… SMASH!!”
 
The web was clear away and the sunlight began to shine in like crazy, but now came the part of choosing the correct sun relic.
 
“Piece of cake… I got it all worked out.” Venus bragged as she stood in the light and bounced it off her armor, lighting a sun which dropped a Wall-Master down from the ceiling. “Then again… maybe not!”
 
She made quick work of the monster, and then had to choose another sun. Well, it took a while, but eventually she found the right one, which granted her access to the power chamber.
 
Once she got inside, she played the Requiem of Spirit on the harp, destroying the barrier and freeing Nabooru. “The Spirit Barrier is dispelled. Hurry up honey.”
 
Then Venus was warped to the main-chamber where the sixth and final barrier went out. Everyone stood on the upper level, and watch the entrance to the tower.
 
The force-field began spinning like crazy, and humming angrily as it blinked and blinked. Then in a white flash, it was gone. Mercury scanned the whole thing, and it really was gone.
 
“All right, we did it.” said Jupiter.
 
The other girls slapped high-fives, and Link gained a little bit more of his confidence back, but still not enough to lift his sword. “Come one everyone.” he said. “Now onward to Gannon's tower.”
 
They all crossed the bridge, and entered through the skull-head, and entered through to the tower all completely unaware of something that involved the barriers.
 
True the barriers had all been dispelled, but that wasn't the only thing that happened. The barriers were still glowing, and then, six bright colored lights flew out from the chambers and flew out of the castle.
 
What could they be?
 
GANON'S TOWER
 
The creepy music seemed to fade out as the team entered the tower, but instead they heard the sound of more familiar organ music.
 
“Anybody else hear that?” asked Navi.
 
Everyone nodded. They all knew that was Ganondorf's theme music all right, but where exactly was it coming from.
 
“Uh… excuse me?” cried Sailor Moon. “But can we get going… THOSE BATS LOOK HUNGRY!!”
 
The bats swarmed down like a stampede. “Run for it!!” cried Jupiter, and they all scattered up the stairs right towards the doors.
 
“Maybe I'll use my fire power.” said Mars.
 
“No, don't do it.” Link said. “You'll just make them even more powerful.”
 
Jupiter stepped up. “I'll take them down… in one big strike.” she powered herself up “JUPTIER THUNDER… CRASH!!” and the bats were all burnt to a crisp.
 
Then it was into the next room, but once they entered, the door was barred up, and they were locked with two Dinofos.
 
“Look out!” cried Venus, and they all dodged their sword blows.
 
Link tried to draw out his sword, but it still wouldn't come out. “The sword… it still knows I've lost my confidence. I need more time!” he cried.
 
This was bad… with only a shield in use, Link pretty much couldn't fight back as easily. Even though he was willing to fight, he still needed to convince the sword that he was ready to fight again.
 
“I got them!” she cried, “And this is for Darien!!” she grabbed her Tiara and focused. “MOON TIARA… MAGIC!!”
 
Two creeps in one shot… the Tiara sliced both of the monsters in half and they were vaporized into dust when Sailor Moon grabbed her Tiara again.
 
The two doors were unbarred, and they continued their journey up the tower. The closer to the top they got, the louder the organ music seemed to get.
 
In the second chamber-floor of the tower. There was a blue and gold chest surrounded by flames. Even the door to Ganondrof's throne room would require a boss key, but first there was the case of the two Stalfos Knights
 
Jupiter and Sailor Moon needed time to recharge from attacking the previous monsters. So now it was up to Mars and Mercury.
 
“MERCURY ICE BUBBLES… FREEZE!!”
 
The two knights were frozen rock solid, and then. “DIN'S FIREWALL BURN!!” Mars's fire melted the ice and the monsters to a puddle, which ceased the flames around the chest and opened the bars on the doors.
 
They grabbed the Boss Key from the chest. “Please tell me we're almost there?” groaned Sailor Moon. For once, the others agreed, they had been climbing quite a lot of stairs, and in the next room, much to their dismay.
 
“Ugh… just more stairs.” replied Sailor Moon.
 
“Does this tower even have a top?” added Jupiter.
 
“We have to keep on going.” cried Navi. “Zelda's depending on us.”
 
They all couldn't argue with that, they had to keep on going. Up the stairs they went to yet another room guarded by two Iron-Knuckles. Nothing too much Sailor Venus couldn't handle.
 
Just two shots of her Crescent-Beam, and the monsters were scrap metal, and the door was unlocked granting them access to yet another flight of stairs.
 
“Ooh… the alps have got nothing on these stairs for climbing.” groaned Mars.
 
Finally they reached a much larger door, with a big lock on it. “This is it.” cried Sailor Moon. “We're here at last.”
 
Link and Navi just smirked and snickered. “No, not quite we aren't.” Link said as he unlocked the door and they all climbed in, only to find that they weren't really in Ganondorf's throne room quite yet.
 
The organ music however was much louder and clearer than before, and seemed to be coming right from the ceiling, way up overhead. “Right up there.” Navi said.
 
The girls all gasped at how incredibly high-above the ceiling was. “Uh… does this mean… more stair climbing?” asked Venus.
 
They all traced towards another door, and when they walked through… the girls nearly wanted to faint at the sight of the longest staircase they had ever seen.
 
(I think the final staircase is composed of between 70-80 steps.)
 
It took quite a few minutes, and a couple of the stairs crawled up the last few steps, and they looked ready to collapse. “Doesn't anyone in this castle believe is escalators?”
 
Suddenly, there was a door, and it was indeed the one they had been looking for. Ganondorf was on the other side of it, and it was nearly time to begin the most powerful, most dangerous battle the Sailor Scouts would ever face.
 
Link still couldn't pull his sword out, but he knew the least he could do was play Zelda's Lullaby, as everyone would need their full strength. “This is it.” Link said. “Is everybody ready.”
 
Everyone really had to think about this. After all, this was no ordinary villain they were about to face. This was the King of Evil himself. The very incarnation of all darkness in the Universe.
 
More powerful than all the monsters, and minions they've faced. Already he was responsible for the deaths of many people on the Earth. Even Queen Beryl herself was never able to claim so much as a bug's life.
 
But who were they kidding? They were still the Sailor Scouts… the only ones who could protect the Earth. This is what Link trained them for, all the temples they cleared, all the monsters they faced.
 
They agreed to do this. “All right…” Link said. Let's go.”
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “This is it… after all this time, and all the things that have happened. It's time for the Final Showdown with the King of Evil.”
 
Serena: “The only problem is, Master still can't pick up his sword, but we can't let that get to us. We know somehow he'll convince the sword he's ready to fight again.”
 
Amy: “When times seem really bad, you can't always let things hold you back. You always have to keep believing that things will go right.”
 
Rei: “Even if it seems all that impossible, there always is the slightest chance that you'll succeed. Even if you have to depend on dumb luck.”
 
Lita: “The most important thing to remember, is not to panic, fret, or fuss about the situation. When you do, you won't be able to think.”
 
Mina: “All we have to do is keep on believing, and Master will gain back his sword's trust, and the battle should be a piece-of-cake.”
 
(Song… to help boost Link's confidence)
 
(Navi)
 
Every bursted bubble has a glory!
 
(Serena)
 
Each abysmal failure makes a point!
 
(Amy)
 
Every glowing path that goes astray,
Shows you how to find a better way.
(Rei)
 
So every time you stumble never grumble.
 
(Lita, and Mina)
 
Next time you'll bumble even less!
 
(All, except Link)
 
For up from the ashes, up from the ashes,
grow the roses of success!
Grow the roses!
Grow the roses!
Grow the roses of success!
Oh yes!
Grow the roses!
Those rosy roses!
From the ashes of disaster
grow the roses of success!
 
Link: “Yes I know… but can we still save the world.”
 
Serena: “Of course we can”
 
(Serena and Navi)
 
For every big mistake you make be grateful!
 
(Amy and Lita)
 
Here, here!
That m
istake you'll never make again!
 
(Mina and Rei)
 
No sir!
Every shiny dream that fades and dies,
Generate
s the steam for two more tries!
 
(Link)
 
You mean, there's magic in the wake of a fiasco!
(Correct!)
It gives you that chance to second guess!
(Oh yes!)
 
(All)
 
Then up from the ashes, up from the ashes grow the roses of success!
Grow the roses!
Grow the roses!
Grow the roses of success!
Oh yes!
Grow the roses!
Those rosy roses!
From the ashes of disaster
grow the roses of success!
 
(Link)
 
Disaster didn't stymie Louis Pasteur!
(No sir!)
Edison took years to see the light!
(Right!)
Alexander Graham knew failure well;
he took a lot of knocks to ring that bell!
(All)
 
So when it gets distressing it's a blessing!
Onward and upward you must press!
Yes, Yes!
Till up from the ashes, up from the ashes
grow the roses of success.
Grow the ro
Grow the ro

Grow the roses!
Grow the ro
Grow the ro
Grow the roses!
Grow the roses of success!
Grow the ro
Grow the ro

Grow the roses!
Those rosy ro

Those rosy ro

Those rosy roses!
From the ashes of disaster,
grow the roses of success!
(I can see it now)
Success!
(We're going to make it)
Success!
(Look out Ganondorf Hear we come!)
Success!