Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Set Up ❯ The Beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

Summary : Minako and the other senshi think of a perfect way to pair Usagi with Rei. But first comes first. Chiba Mamoru? How far will they go to get him to break up with his beloved princess? What exactly is their plan?
Warning: Includes Mamoru bashing and swearing.

Pairings: ReiUsagi, MakotoAmi, MinakoSetsuna, HarukaMichiru

The Set Up
Prologue
-
The beginning -


Seven girls sat in a circle, looking at each other with questioning looks on their faces. Once again Usagi was too late for one of their meetings because she had a date with Mamoru while Rei wasn't present because of the flu. It had been two months ago since they had fought their last battle against Galaxia and even though things had been really calm ever since they still had decided to have this meetings. More just to make sure to stay in touch than any other valid reason.

Minako took a deep breath before turning her head to face the green haired senshi to time and revolution. ''Is she really destined to be with him?'' She suddenly asked, breaking through the silence. Everyone looked up at her, raising their eyebrows while holding questioning looks on their faces. Even Setsuna seemed to have no idea what the blonde goddess of love was talking about. ''Mamoru, I mean.'' She explained.

''Usagi?'' Setsuna asked although it kind of was a stupid question. After all, who else could he be destined to be with?

The blonde nodded. ''Of course. I mean, I know it's weird to still have my doubts about those two after all we've been through but I still don't think that they're really destined to be together. I'm just not feeling it, you know?'' She paused for a moment, irritated by the fact everyone was looking at her as if she had lost her mind. ''I'm the goddess of love and usually when I see a couple I have a strange feeling in my stomach and just know that they'll be together forever. When I see Usagi and Mamoru I just see a forced love. Nothing that has started out of free will.''

Ami opened her mouth to say something but shut it again when Haruka interrupted her. ''For once I agree with Minako. It's not like I hate Mamoru or anything but even I think Seiya was a better match for our princess.''

Michiru giggled, holding her lover's hand. ''You only think of Seiya as a better match for Usagi because she has the hability to turn into a female.'' The blonde tomboy blushed slightly before clearing her throat.

''Michiru might be on to something.'' Makoto said, nodding. ''Maybe Usagi shouldn't be with Mamoru. Then again, it's her destiny. We know that this is how it's suppossed to be. Chibi-Usa told us herself. Didn't she?'' She hesitated for a moment before continuing. ''She mentioned that her father was Endymion. Well, we all know Usagi isn't pregnant yet or anything so,''

''People, wrong conversation. Wrong subject. Wrong thoughts.'' Ami yelped, quickly shaking her head to prove her point. ''We really shouldn't be talking about this behind Usagi's back. We might... I mean, you might not like the two of them but she seems to be happy.''

''HA!'' Suddenly one of them laughed causing everyone to look up at the senshi of time in surprise. ''Uhm, I mean...'' She blushed. ''Well come on, you were all thinking it. Who can be possibly happy with someone like Mamoru? He's always wearing the wrong clothes, he's more feminine than Haruka. He had a guy after him. Need I remind you ; Foire. He's always getting kipnapped and we'll end up saving him. Isn't he the one who's suppossed to protect and rescue Usagi. Not the other way around. And then there are those damned roses!''

She took a deep breath before continuing. ''Red roses aren't meant to be used as weapons. He's nothing but trouble. And about him making Usagi happy, well thanks but no thanks. He broke up with her over a stupid dream without any hesitation. He just left her alone to study in America and guess what, he gets kipnapped again!''

Haruka and Minako blinked in confusion before both of them broke down into fits of laughter. Neither of them could really believe Setsuna had just said that. Obviously the senshi of time has some issues when it came down to Chiba Mamoru.

The brunette who had listened to Setsuna's words smiled slightly before nodding in agreement. ''Although I have to say it scares me to hear those things coming from you Setsuna, you're right. I guess we all agree that Mamoru should get ditched for someone else?'' Everyone nodded except for Ami who seemed to hesitate for a moment. ''Ami?''

''Well,'' The bluenette started. ''I don't think we should be the once to decide for that. I mean...''

''Well?'' Minako interrupted her friend. She wanted to hear a simple answer. Yes or no.

''Maybe.'' Ami finally admitted. ''She seems to be happy although she caused so much pain. It's not up to us to decide...''

Haruka shrugged, ignoring the senshi of wisdom. ''Right. We all agree. Besides, to answer Ami's unasked question. It's our duty to protect our princess and if that includes scaring away some weirdo in a tuxedo then so be it.''

Michiru shook her head in amusement. Sometimes she wondered if Haruka was hanging around Usagi too much. ''I don't want to ruin the fun but may I ask who we're going to pair Usagi up with then. Seiya is too far gone now.''

''Maybe Motoki.'' Makoto suggested with a dreamy look in her eyes.

''For you or Usagi?'' Setsuna wondered out loud causing the brunette to turn red. ''Anyway, I wasn't really thinking into that direction when Minako started to mention an alternative lover for our princess.''

''What do you mean?'' Minako asked, not quite understanding what Setsuna was saying.

''I meant that maybe Usagi's prince charming should be a princess charming.'' The green haired woman replied. Immediately it got quiet for a moment or two. Everyone wanted to say and ask something but all found it impossible to do. Had Meioh Setsuna just suggested such a thing? Had she really suggested for Usagi to be with a woman? What about Chibi-Usa? What about Crystal Tokyo?

Haruka was the first to say something. ''Cool.'' It was the only thing she could get herself to say right now. She still was too busy trying to picture Usagi with someone besides Mamoru.

''I like the way you think!'' Minako said, pointing at the senshi of time with an accusing finger. ''Seriously, I like it!''

Hotaru who had been listening and watching the scene quietly sweatdropped. She didn't quite understand what this conversation was about but so far she had understood that Mamoru wasn't going to like this at all. ''Who?'' She asked although she wasn't sure whether she knew what she was asking.

''Brilliant question.'' Minako went on, leaning back into her chair. ''I think the best candidate is no one less than our own Hino Rei. After all, they're always fighting. I don't know about you but sometimes I have the feeling that if they stick their tongues out to each other once more I'm going to push their mouths together and show them a real tongue fight.''

Haruka smirked, looking at Minako with a proud look on her face. ''You said it. And you're sure you're straight?''

''Positive, why?'' Minako raised an eyebrow.

Michiru giggled. ''Because you're as perverted as Haruka is.''

''Michi!'' Haruka said, looking at her girlfriend with an innocent look on her face. ''Why would you say such a thing?''

''Because it's true.'' Setsuna answered instead of Michiru. ''Anyway, I agree with Minako. Rei is the best option. They're obviously devoted to each other and I won't lie about it. Those two share a strong bond that neither of us share with our princess. The thing is, they just see each other as best friends.''

After that it got quiet again. Everyone started to think of a way to get Rei and Usagi to date without too much trouble. There had to be a way. Michiru and Ami on the other hand just looked at each other with hopeless looks on their faces. This didn't prove to be anything good. After all, this has started off as a simple conversation and now it was so much more. Now it had actually become a plan to break Usagi and Mamoru up. For all they knew Usagi wasn't even interested in women like that and the other way around.

''I know!'' Minako suddenly jumped up from the chair she had been sitting on, holding on arm up in the air while pointing at the ceiling. ''I, Aino Minako, goddess of love and justice has thought of the perfect way to get our two lover birds together in the most romantic and innocent way possible. And it won't include much trouble besides a little misunderstanding which we can easily cause.''

''You have an actual plan or are you just standing there while trying to look like a model?'' Makoto sweatdropped. ''In that case, you're failing horribly.''

''Blabla.'' Minako rolled her eyes jokingly before falling backwards on her chair again. ''After you hear me out you'll be talking in a whole different way to me.'' With that she leaned back as if getting ready to tell them her biggest secret or something like that.

''You want to make it look like Mamoru is cheating on Usagi with someone.'' Setsuna stated. It didn't even sound like a question at all.

''No,'' Minako shook her head. ''I want to make it look like Mamoru is... hey! How did you know?!'' The blonde girl yelled in annoyance. ''You ruined my fifty seconds of glory and fame.''

''She is Setsuna-mama. Don't forget that.'' Hotaru stated. She ofcourse tried to say that Setsuna was Sailor Pluto and usually knew everything that was about to be said or done.

Minako sighed. ''How can I forget when she keeps reminding me?''

''I don't think that it's such a good idea.'' Ami admitted. ''We might hurt Usagi.''

''At first.'' Minako nodded. ''But that won't last long since we've got a plan B. Our lovely candidate number one, Hino Rei!''

''Stop making it sound like this is some cheap talk show.'' Makoto said, getting slightly annoyed with the way Minako was talking right now.

''Alright. Geez aren't we in a bad mood. You're just jealous that you hadn't thought of it.'' She paused for a moment, knowing there was still one question left unanswered. ''As for the person who's going to get very, very close to Mamoru...'' Her eyes scanned the room and suddenly landed on a certain person who suddenly started to feel rather nervous about being here. ''You....'' Minako smirked, pointing at the girl in front of her.

-----

Usagi yawned as the movie ended. ''Mamo-chan,'' She paused for a moment, making sure she had her lover's attention. She smiled when her eyes met those of Mamoru. They had been sitting here on his couch for two hours now, doing nothing besides watching some old movie. Usagi didn't want to admit that she hadn't liked that movie at all. It was too full of violence.

''Yes, Usako?'' He asked, putting his arm around the blonde.

''How much do you really love me?'' The question came unexpected.

He raised an eyebrow. ''Why do you ask?'' He could still recall that night after Galaxia had been defeated. She had asked him the same question. He often wondered if it had anything to do with that Seiya person. Could it be she had fallen in love with him while he was gone. Quickly he shrugged it off.

''I mean, I'm always the first to apologize, tell you 'I love you' and to kiss you. The only thing you're first at is hanging up the phone while we're calling.'' Usagi went on, blushing as she did. ''I'm not saying it upset me but I'm just curious whether...'' She was cut off by Mamoru's lips on her own. For a moment she could feel the butterflies in her stomach all over again but then, gone. The feelings wasn't there anymore. It had disappeared as fast as it had appeared.

After a while he pulled back again. ''I love you, Usako. Just because I don't always say it...''

''I know.'' Usagi interrupted him, faking a smile. ''Why don't we go out for ice cream?''

He smiled a bit. She often did that, just when their conversation would get too serious she would just end it and start ramblings about ice cream or something that had happened to her. He didn't mind. Maybe it was easier to avoid fights and arguments like this.

----

''WHAT?!'' Haruka yelled in frustration. ''That's not going to happen!'' Minako jumped up in shock. This was the first time she had ever heard Haruka yell like that. Maybe she should put a little change in her plan before Haruka would choak the life out of her veins.

Michiru placed a hand on her girlfriend's shoulder. ''Don't worry Haruka. It might actually work.''

''No.fucking.way.'' The tomboy hissed, leaning back. ''Find someone else for your little game.''

''Come on Haruka. We can't do it because Usagi will never buy it. She won't believe that any of us would betray her trust by 'dating' Mamoru behind her back. On the other hand....''

''No.'' Haruka shook her head. ''I'll refuse to be part of this and certainly not something like that!''

''But Haruka-papa,'' Hotaru paused for a moment and crawled on top of her 'father's' lap. ''You don't have to do anything. Why are you getting so angry?''

''Because Haruka-papa doesn't want to lose her dignity and pride.'' Michiru replied instead of her lover. With that she placed a small kiss on her girlfriend's cheek. ''Come on Haruka. It's for our princess. Didn't you just say that it was our mission to keep creeps like Mamoru away from Usagi? Well, no we can help her ditch him. All you have to do is say; yes.''

''No.'' Haruka pressed. ''Anything but not that.''

''Ruka,'' Michiru now started to draw little circles on the blonde's upper arm with her finger. ''What if we'll make this a little trade deal then. If you agree then I'll do everything you want me to do for a week.''

''A month and I'll consider it.'' Haruka replied, not bothering to look at her girlfriend.

''Come on Haruka!'' Minako begged, falling on her knees in front of the senshi of the wind. ''Please say yes!''

Haruka sighed before looking down at her adopted daughter. ''Fine. But if our plan hasn't worked within one week I'm blowing it off and you can find someone else for yuor sick and twisted set up.''

Setsuna and Makoto looked at each other with a satisfied smile on their lips. Ami, however, was still wondering whether to help her friends or just sit back and watch what would happen. It was almost a stated fact that Minako's ideas aways ended up back firing on them. This time would be no exception. She was sure of it.

''Alright, let us begin Mission Possible!'' Minako chirped before jumping up from the ground and spinning around rapidly.

Oh Yes, this surely was going to backfire on them...

To Be Continued...