Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Set Up ❯ Skies are breaking ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

Summary : Minako and the other senshi think of a perfect way to pair Usagi with Rei. But first comes first. Chiba Mamoru? How far will they go to get him to break up with his beloved princess? What exactly is their plan?

Warning: Includes Mamoru bashing and swearing.

Pairings: ReiUsagi, MakotoAmi, MinakoSetsuna, HarukaMichiru

The Set Up
Chapter four
- Skies are breaking -


The upcoming evening had been spend explaining Hitomi why they wanted to break Mamoru and Usagi up and how. Ofcourse they left out the 'sailor senshi' part but in the end it didn't seem to be a needed fact anyway. Hitomi was more than happy to help them out. Certainly she must've realised the others were hiding something and keeping some information to themselves. After all, a few of them kept reffering to Mamoru as 'rose boy' which didn't make sense at all to the silver haired girl.

She just figured he liked giving Usagi and everyone around hims roses or something. What other explaination could there be? ''Alright, sounds like fun.'' Hitomi cheered, already starting to plan her moves. ''All I need is to know is where and around what time I can ''accidentally'' meet him.'' She paused for a moment. ''We have to pretend like we don't know each other though. He would never hook up with someone who's a friend of his girlfriend's friends.''

''My head hurts.'' Minako said jokingly upon hearing Hitomi's sentence.

A smirk appeared on Haruka's lips. ''That's because your brain is trying to figure out why you're so stupid sometimes.''

''Hey!'' The goddess of love yelped, jumping up from the couch she was lying on. ''Must I remind you I was the person who came out with this incredible idea. Don't mock me.''

Haruka shook her head. ''Correction, you came with the idea to have Michiru play Mamoru's fling. No offence Hitomi. And second, you're just here to sit back and watch someone else do all the work.''

''None taken.'' The silver haired girl said, taking a sip from her drink before gazing into Makoto's and Ami's direction. The two girls hadn't been saying anything ever since they had gotten back to Haruka's and Michiru's appartment. It seemed like they were too busy staring at each other or making some other kind of physical contact. It made Hitomi wonder if they were just reaching out and sending hints to the other or that they might already been dating in secret.

Minako landed on Haruka's lap and swung her arms around the blonde tomboy with a pout. ''How mean Ruka,'' She brought her face closer as if she was about to kiss the other. ''But atleast it winded up not being Michi, right?''

''You're scaring me now Minako.'' Haruka sweatdropped, trying to desperately push the younger girl off of her. Minako seemed to be a little stronger than expected though. ''And what's up with the nicknames?''

The smaller blonde shrugged. ''I guess I shouldn't have been spending the night at your place yesterday.'' A wicked smile had now appeared on her lips. ''All I heard all night was you and Michiru moan each other's names. Or, needless to say, each other's cute little nicknames.'' She now gazed around the room, enjoying the fact all eyes were on her. ''Want a little demonstration of what I heard?''

Hitomi nodded happily, amused by the red faces of Michiru and Haruka who were trying to get Minako to shut up. ''Stop that Minako,'' Suddenly a voice said causing everyone to look up at a certain green haired woman who had appeared in the doorway. ''It's my job to annoy and make Haruka blush.'' Her eyes now fell on Michiru. ''But Michiru, however...''

Quickly Minako jumped off of Haruka's lap and back onto the couch. Blinking innocently as Setsuna shot her an unknown but warning look. Everyone failed to notice though. They were too busy looking at Michiru who hide her head in her hands out of embarrassement.

A giggle escaped Ami lips. Everyone now stared at her with questioning looks on their faces. It was really unlike Ami to make sounds like that. They hardly caught the girl laughing.

Setsuna now stepped into the livingroom and closed the door behind her. ''Setsuna Meioh.'' She now said, making a small bow into Hitomi's direction.

Quickly the silver haired girl got up from her place and made a similiar bow into the older woman's direction. ''Hitomi Sato.'' Came the reply. ''Nice to meet you.'' They shook hands and with that they both sat down. Hitomi on the chair she had been sitting on and Setsuna sat down on the couch next to Minako.

After that it got quiet in the room. Ofcourse the silence didn't last long. ''So, Setsuna...'' She paused for a moment, waiting for the green haired woman to look aside. ''We just told Hitomi all about our plan and we're starting tomorrow.''

Haruka rolled her eyes, leaning a little closer to Michiru. ''She can't just shut up for twenty seconds, can she? She just has to open her mouth and state the obvious.''

''I heard that!'' Minako hissed, holding up a fist. ''Watch it Tenoh, one more insult and...''

''And what?'' Haruka raised an eyebrow, curious about what Minako could possibly do to her.

''I'll cry.'' The goddes of love finished, pretending to be on the verge of crying.

Makoto who had been quiet for the whole time finally decided to speak up when she saw how Haruka opened her mouth again to shot another insult into Minako's direction. It was obvious Haruka was still slightly pissed at Minako for suggesting Michiru to be Mamoru's secret 'mistress'. ''Alright people, let's keep it nice here. And serious.''

''Come on, how can we stay serious when we know rose boy will lose his chick soon?'' Haruka wondered out loud. ''I say he'll end up crying. Any bets.''

''I say he's going to be cool about it.'' Makoto replied. ''Or he'll get all macho on Usagi and tell her about Hitomi.''

Haruka shook her head. ''You have to pick one of the two options.''

''I say he's going to act macho.'' Minako said as Hitomi nodded in agreement.

Now Hitomi didn't know Mamoru at all but by the way everyone was talking about him he was a real pathetic loser.

Ami shook her head. ''I think he'll ask Usagi if she's sure that she wants to be with Rei and accept it. Then again, we still don't know whether this plan will work in the first place. For all we know Usagi isn't interested in dating Rei or the other way around. Maybe Mamoru won't fall for Hitomi's charms. We shouldn't be basing bets around them anyway. It's not right.''

''Whatever.'' Haruka said, sweatdropping. ''Just like you're not interested in Makoto, right?''

Ami and Makoto both went wide eyed. ''W-what?'' The blue haired girl asked, turning red and somewhat confirming Haruka's words by that. ''What are you talking about.''

''Hey don't look at me,'' The tomboy said, pointing at the silver haired girl. ''She's the one who came up with it.''

Everyone looked at the new girl with questioning looks on their faces, except for Haruka, Setsuna and Michiru who either already saw it coming or had heard about it before. ''And how would you know?'' The brunette asked.

''Girl, god made me to figure out those things.'' Hitomi giggled.

''No he didn't.'' Minako said, gasping. ''I'm the goddess of love. I should notice stuff like that.''

A poke in the ribs was all she needed to snap back to reality. ''I mean, I just love... love. I always see stuff like even when I'm miles away.''

Behind Minako Hitomi could see how Setsuna raised a finger and drew circles next to her head, reffering to Minako as someone crazy without using actual words. Minako didn't seem to notice it at all. She was too busy trying to cover up her 'goddess of love' comment.

''Hey, hey...'' The silver haired girl said. ''No need to explain. I won't ask. Anyway, tell me more about Mamoru. What's he like? Fat, skinny, muscled, hair colour? Give me something to work with.''

''Not fat but not skinny either. Black haired, blue eyes, always wears an ugly green jacket which he thinks is cool. In fact it looks like someone puked all over him but we don't tell him that.'' Setsuna said before anyone else could reply. It kept surprising the others how out of character Setsuna acted when it came down to Mamoru. Not like they minded or anything. She always managed to say the right words. After all, how else could you describe Mamoru?

Michiru faked a cough, gaining everyone's attention at once. ''I think I might have a picture of him somewhere.''

Immediately Haruka turned her head to look at her girlfriend with an irritated yet questioning look on her face. ''Excuse me?''

''Don't get mad love, it's not what you think. Usagi came by our house a while back when you were gone. She wanted to show pictures she had taken on her holiday to Cancun with Mamoru. She accidentally left them here. I just don't know where.''

Upon hearing this the blonde calmed down. She didn't know why but ever since Minako's idea she had felt rather nervous when it came down to Michiru and people around her. ''I knew that.'' She quickly said, regaining her cool composure. Ofcourse no one fell for her so-called white lie. With that Michiru walked out of the livingroom and disappeared into the kitchen to find the pictures.

''So,'' Hitomi went on, breaking the sudden silence. ''You all dislike Mamoru? What did he ever do to you?''

''He was born.'' Setsuna said in annoyance. She certainly couldn't explain to Hitomi why she hated the man that much. Her hate went way back into time. It had all started during the silver millenium. She didn't need to tell anyone that the reason Beryl attacked the moon was because of Mamoru. And now he was just being a jerk. Not only did he used to tease her and call her stuff like 'odango atama' but also did he break her heart several times, always got killed and.... Well she didn't need to start that whole discussion again.

Haruka couldn't help it but laugh upon hearing Setsuna's comment. ''Sets, you're officially the funniest person ever.'' She said between fits of laughter. Minako sighed after hearing this however.

''Today isn't my day. Hitomi stole my fame as the goddess of love and now Setsuna stole my role as the funny person among the senshi.'' The blonde said, suddenly bending down a little to rest her head on Setsuna's shoulder.

''Really?'' Setsuna raised an eyebrow, looking down at the blonde. ''When were you planning on getting to the funny part then?'' She asked jokingly.

''Ha-ha, not funny.'' Minako mocked, sitting up again and putting her arms over each other. Trying to clear the fact she was angry. ''From now on I'll just shut my mouth and ignore you guys. See how you like that.''

----
Usagi sat on her bed, staring right into Rei's eyes. Her raven haired friend hadn't left after her visit yesterday. Since her headache had increased once more Usagi had suggested for the girl to stay the night. At first Rei had declined but since Usagi had no intentions of giving up she had stayed anyway. Why not after all, she hadn't had this much fun in a while. Plus it was always better than lying on bed and hear her grandpa sing songs to her.

Even though she had been here for almost two days now she still didn't feel like she really wanted to go. Which was strange. Usually Rei didn't like being anywhere but home or around the temple. She just didn't feel too comfortable being in someone else's house for too long. Whenever she was with Usagi though she never had that feeling. Probably because she could do everything around here. She didn't have to ask whether she could have a drink or if she could use the restroom.

Hell, she could even use Usagi's shower without feeling like she was invading on someone's privacy. ''It's late. I should get going home.'' She finally saidm completely against her own will. She knew the blonde couldn't possible feel comfortable with having her around the whole time. Especially not since Usagi had her own problem.

Mamoru had stopped by earlier this morning but Usagi had just send him on his way again because she wanted to take care of Rei. ''You can stay.'' Usagi whispered. She was blushing but had no idea why at all.

''I don't want to be a bother. Plus it's about time for me to change my clothes. I've been walking around in the same for almost two days now.'' Rei replied.

''You could borrow some of my stuff. I'm sure I've got something that fits you. We're about the same size. Plus, if you need to clean up you could use my shower.''

The raven haired girl smiled at Usagi's persistence. What should she do? Stay or leave anyway. She didn't want to go home ofcourse but still, wouldn't it be a bother to her friend? ''I don't know,'' She started.

The blonde princess cut her off though. ''Please?'' She asked with the cutest look on her face she could manage.

''Only if you want to.'' Rei said. How could she say no to such a lovely face. 'She's so cute.'

Usagi's face grew serious again. ''Well I don't want to be alone and I really don't feel like being with Mamoru either. I feel like I'm betraying him. ''Her blush grew deeper. ''Plus, when I'm with you I feel like I can be myself. I haven't had so much fun in a while so I'm glad you're around.''

''Me too.'' Rei admitted.

The moment didn't last long. All of a sudden a bright smile appeared on Usagi's lips and without any warning she jumped on top of her friend. Knocking both of them off the bed they had been sitting on. ''It's settled then!'' She cheered.

''U-usagi....'' The senshi of fire stammed, rubbing her back. ''Ouch.''

Before anything else could've been said Luna stormed into the bedroom. ''Is everything ok, I heard a....'' She paused for a moment when she saw the two girls on the ground. ''Never mind. She got you too.''

''Hehehe,'' Usagi laughed nervously. ''Sorry. Lately my talent is throwing people off my bed.''

''I'll leave you girls alone. I need to talk to Artemis anyway.'' Ofcourse both girls managed to miss the hidden meaning behind the cat's words. They just watched Luna walk out of the room again before noticing the position they were in. Usagi was sitting on top of Rei as the raven haired girl held on to Usagi's waist with one of her hands. If you didn't know better you would think they had been doing something into the direction of making out instead of 'hugging'.
----

Makoto opened her mouth to say something but when Michiru walked into the room again, holding a photograph she shut it again. ''Found it?'' She heard Minako asked much to her amusement. 'So much for keeping that pretty mouth shut.'

''Yep.'' Michiru nodded and handed Hitomi the picture. ''This my friend, is... Mamoru Chiba.''

Hitomi took the picture in her own hands and gazed at it. After a few seconds she looked back at Michiru. ''You serious?''

''Yes why?'' The aqua haired girl asked.

''He isn't that bad looking. He looks like that dude from television, Bam Margera. Only he doesn't have the same lenght of hair, aura of coolness around him, cool clothes and that bad boy look.''

''Then why does he remind you of Bam Margera?'' Haruka asked, not quite getting the big picture. ''Besides, if you take that away what do you get?''

''My first impression. Jack from Will and Grace.'' Hitomi giggled. ''Anyway I won't mind seducing him. I think he's cute. Who knows, maybe a keeper.''

''That's what you say now. Wait until you get to meet the snob.'' Minako chirped. ''Besides, you're bisexual. You should have better taste than that! I think every straight girl would spontaniously turn gay after dating him.''

''Atleast that's what we hope.'' Makoto finished. ''Or else our whole 'mission impossible' will be a waste of time.''

''It's mission possible.'' Minako corrected her friend. ''We'll surely succeed and if not, I have another plan.''

''Does it involve Michiru?'' Haruka asked annoyed.

''No.'' Minako said, shaking her head as if she was deeply offended. ''It involves, oh.... uhm, never mind. No back-up plan then.''

-----

The next day, early in the morning Hitomi had decided to make her first move on Mamoru. She knew from the information she had gotten that he would go to the arcade his friend worked every morning before college. When she arrived there however it still seemed to be closed. And according to the piece of paper on the door it would stay closed for another hour.

She silently cursed her curiousty for making her wake up earlier. ''Fuck.'' She hissed, not knowing what she was going to do now. She really wasn't planning on standing here for another hour. Then again, now she came to think of it. Maybe it was better that the arcade was closed. She now realized that she had no idea of what girls Mamoru liked.

She didn't even know what kind of person Usagi was like. After all, he had fallen in love with her. Was the the sweet type of girl or more like one of the other girls. Hopefully Usagi was nothing like Haruka because imitating such a character was too much trouble even for her. Haruka was too confusing. Then again, Usagi better not be anything like Minako either. That girl was just so cheerful and happy all the time.

Flashback

''So tell me, Hitomi.'' Minako started. Ami and Makoto had left and the other three senshi had gone to bed already, leaving her and Hitomi as the only ones left in the room. ''How do you plan on seducing Mamoru?''

''You see Minako, Men are like fish. You can easily catch them but the trick is to keep them hanging on your line. You enemies however, or in this case our lovely victim Mamoru, are sharks. They are dangerous because unlike the easy ones it's hard to catch them again. One mistake is all it takes.''

''So what are you going to do exactly?'' The blonde girl asked, not quite understanding what Hitomi meant.

The silver haired girl smirked. ''Fishing.''

End Flashback

The truth was. There was no plan. She would just act out of instinct.

''Excuse me, miss?'' Suddenly a male voice came from behind her causing her to turn around. She was now facing a black haired man. Not to mention the fact that he was one of those people who reminded her of someone. It only took her a few seconds to realize that he was the guy from the picture Michiru had shown her. He looked different though. His hair was a little longer now and Setsuna had been right about that green jacket. Awful thing.

''Yes?'' She asked, using the sweetest tone possible. Now all she had to do was hope she had picked the right option. Usagi had to be a sweet girl, right?

''I saw you from across the street. Since the owner of the arcade is away on holidays it'll open an hour later than usual. The person who now is in charge is kind of lazy.''

Hitomi faked a smile and covered her mouth with her hand. ''Oh my,'' She sighed, pretending to be disappointed. ''I'm new here and I was really looking forward to being able to start seeing around and discover the city. Almost all stores and arcades are closed it seems.''

''If you want,'' Mamoru paused for a moment. He wasn't so sure if this was such a good idea. After all he had planned on visiting Usagi. Then again, it was still early and knowing his blonde girlfriend she would still be asleep. ''I could show you around. I know an arcade which is open 24/7.''

''Really?'' Hitomi cheered. ''That's great. I hope it isn't too much trouble for you though.''

''Not at all.'' The black haired man smiled friendly.

'Idiot.' she thought before extending a hand. ''Hitomi Sato. Nice to meet you.''

''Mamoru Chiba. The pleasure is all mine.'' Came the reply as he shook her hand. Although Hitomi was staring at him he couldn't help it but stare down at her exposed skin. Hitomi was wearing a black mini skirt and a matching black top which had a low neckline, giving him a chance to catch a glimpse of her cleavege. ''Shall we get going then?''

She simply nodded. This was almost too easy.

To Be Continued...