Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Set Up ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

Summary : Minako and the other senshi think of a perfect way to pair Usagi with Rei. But first comes first. Chiba Mamoru? How far will they go to get him to break up with his beloved princess? What exactly is their plan?

Warning: Includes Mamoru bashing and swearing.

Pairings: ReiUsagi, MakotoAmi, MinakoSetsuna, HarukaMichiru

The Set Up
Chapter Three
-
The Meeting -

''Rei,'' Usagi whispered. Her eyes were now closed again and just when she was about to lose herself in sleep she heard the front door close. In shock she opened her eyes again and sat up, accidentally knocking Luna off of her.

The cat landed on the ground with a loud smack. ''Ouch!''

''I'm terribly sorry Luna!'' Usagi apologized, getting out of bed to help the cat onto the bed again. ''I thought I heard something and...'' She couldn't finish her sentence because before she could the door to her room opened, revealing a tall raven haired woman. ''R-rei...''

The senshi of fire smiled a bit before scratching her forehead. ''Sorry I scared you. I promised to come, didn't I? I don't know if you were still expecting me but,'' She trailed off when she noticed the tears that had formed in the blonde's eyes. Even Luna seemed to be surprised by Usagi's reaction. ''Usagi?''

''It's nothing.'' Usagi quickly said, shaking her head and wiping away her tears. She had no idea why she had started to feel this emotional all of a sudden. Maybe it was because she hadn't been expecting the other girl. It really surprised her to see that Rei actually showed up even though she had been so rude on the phone the previous day. ''I'm glad you came.''

A small smile appeared on Rei's lips upon hearing this. ''Is it ok if I come in?'' She asked when she noticed she was still standing in the door way. Usagi only nodded but it was enough of an answer for her to step inside. Before Rei closed the door Luna excused herself and quickly ran out of the room as if she needed to be somewhere and only had a few minutes left. Much like Usagi was in a hurry every school morning.

Usagi patted on the place next to her on the bed as Rei was still fighting the buttons of her coat. It seemed one of them was stuck and sort of refused to open. A giggle escaped the blonde's lips. Rei was a sailor senshi who in battle defeated any enemy at ease but getting a single lifeless button to do as she wished seemed to cause her a hard time.

''Ah forget it.'' The raven haired girl sighed after a few more seconds. With that said she just pulled her coat off over her head much like you would do with a sweater of t-shirt. Then, she sat down next to her princess on the bed. Both girls refused to look at each other however and just kept staring at the floor beneath them. It was as if both girls had a million questions to ask but weren't able to do so in the fear to ruin the already-uncomfortable silence.

The blonde stopped staring at the floor to catch a small glimpse of the girl beside her. Rei seemed just as troubled as she was. Probably because of a different reason but she could clearly see the look on Rei's face. A look that hadn't been there before. ''Rei,'' She finally said. It was nothing but a small whisper but loud enough to the other girl to hear and look up.

''Yes?'' She asked. Her voice sounded rather shaky. This was also something Usagi wasn't used to hearing. It had always been Rei who hardly showed any emotion through her voice but today her voice had decided to betray her.

''Have you ever had that feeling that you're happy but you still know that something is missing. You just can't place it. You just can't figure out what it is?'' Usagi asked without any hesitation. It even surprised her how straight forward she had been with her question.

The raven haired girl seemed to think about it for a moment. ''I think so. In fact, I think most of us have that feeling all the time. We should be lucky to know our paths towards our destiny, towards our future. But it's natural to worry about it and to be afraid.''

Usagi nodded. For some reason only part of her was happy with this answer. She needed more. She needed Rei to confirm that everything was going to be ok and that there was nothing to worry about. ''Why?'' She heard the other ask.

The blonde swallowed. ''I have been feeling like that a lot lately.'' She admitted. Usually she would never admit such things because she was afraid to worry her friends but whenever she was with Rei she felt like she could be completely honest. It used to be Mamoru but lately that had changed drastically as well. Now she knew she couldn't be honest with him.

''You feel like you're missing something?'' Rei asked, almost gasping. She was clearly shocked. Surely she had expecting something like this when Usagi had started this conversation but she hadn't released it might have been going on for more than a few days. ''How long already? Did you have this feeling, I mean.''

''About a few months.'' Usagi admitted, confirming Rei's suspicion.

Rei nodded and looked away for a few seconds. ''I see,'' Was all she could say. After all, what else could she tell the other. ''And you have no idea what you're missing. Or atleast what you feel like you're missing?'' Again a question. She very well knew she should be trying to tell Usagi it was probably nothing but since she had been feeling the same for a few weeks herself she couldn't help it but feel curious about it all.

What if it was some sort of warning? Something warning them of a big change coming up. One nothing even Sailor Pluto could see coming?

''I have no idea. I should be happy.'' Usagi said, wondering about it for a moment. ''I have my prince charming. I'll be the queen of Crystal Tokyo. I have the best friends one can ask for and yet,''

A small smile appeared on the raven haired girl's lips. ''Don't worry Usagi. It's normal to feel like that. Being the future queen and past princess is not your every day thing. No one would be waiting for such a responsibility. And yet you have it.''

''Sometimes I wonder why I can't be normal.'' The blonde princess whispered. Immediately after the words had come out she stopped looking at the girl beside her. She felt ashamed to be saying that. After all, Rei wasn't living her life the way she had wanted to expected herself either. She was being selfish.

''You can be normal.'' Rei replied, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. ''If you don't want to be the queen then don't be. You still have a few years to yourself before it'll finally happen according to Setsuna.''

''That's not my biggest worry to be honest.'' Came the reply.

Rei raised an eyebrow. ''It isn't?''

''It's Mamoru who's bothering me.'' Usagi said. It stayed quiet after a moment until she had realized how that must've sounded. Rei already looked like she was about to attack someone as well. ''I mean!'' She yelped. ''I mean,'' She paused for a moment, saying the words in a bit more calm way. ''That I'm not sure about it anymore. I love him but I don't think I'm attracted to him. Things have gone rather quick after I found out that he was tuxedo kamen.''

Rei nodded, not bothering to deny that. Usagi went on. ''At first when I kissed him it felt special but that was probably because he was the first to kiss me with such passion and love. I felt special. But I don't think I can return those passionate feelings anymore. Not after I met Seiya. Don't get me wrong, I don't love Seiya like a lover just like a friend. But he has opened a new world to me.''

There was a slight sign of hesitation. ''He was so willing to make me his. He protected me when he was wounded himself. He never gave up on trying to win me over. Mamoru on the other hand hurt me a lot. He broke up with me because of a dream. I know it was because he thought he was saving me but he should've told me. We could've worked it out. Unlike Mamoru Seiya was always honest.''

''That's the kind of love I want. Someone who can be honest with me. Someone who can make me laugh and will never hurt me. I'm just afraid that I can't find that type of love in Mamoru. I feel like I'm the one who needs to protect him instead of the other way around.''

Usagi looked away again. She was expecting Rei to start yelling at her or say the complete opposite of what she just had been saying but much to her surprise it never came. It just stayed silent after that. Rei didn't say anything and Usagi was too afraid to speak up. Suddenly all her courage had disappeared again.

Both girls had a lot of time to think about what just had been said and done before Rei finally broke the silence. ''I see,'' Were the first words to come out. She obviously needed some time to recover. ''I'm glad to hear that.''

This ofcourse surprised, no shocked, Usagi. She went wide eyed and finally looked up at her friend again. ''W-what?''

''I'm glad to hear that.'' Rei repeated. ''To be honest, ever since I met Mamoru I knew he would end up making our lives difficult. That's why I started dating him in the first place. I thought it would keep him away from you. I had no idea that he was tuxedo kamen ofcourse. Not until the very day you found out.'' She hesitated for a moment. ''So I'm glad. Not only was I right but for a long, long time I've been waiting to tell you how I really feel about him.''

A giggle escaped Usagi's lips. ''A coward.'' Rei finally hissed. ''He runs away the moment things get difficult and complicated. And that's what he always will end up doing. He's not the future prince nor king. He's just a runaway failure.''

''And still my boyfriend.'' The blonde added. ''Don't insult him like that Rei. He means well.''

''Sure he does.'' Rei rolled her eyes. Then suddenly a smirk appeared on her lips and before Usagi knew what was happening Rei had jumped on top of her and had started to tickle her. ''Now wipe that sad smile off of your lips!''

''REI!'' Usagi yelped. ''That tickles!'' Rei was now sitting on top of her and tickling her sides and stomach.

''Oh my, the princess is ticklish.'' The raven haired girl observed, enjoying the sound of Usagi's laughter. ''I'll stop on one condition.''

''Tell me,'' Usagi said between fits of laughter. ''I'll do anything!''

''Repeat after me, Rei...''

''Rei...'' Usagi said as the raven haired girl slowed down her torturing for her to speak up.

''Is...''

''Is,''

''Almighty.''

''A l... Hey! I'm not saying that!'' She chirped but when she noticed the look on her friends face she shook her head in amusement. ''Almighty.''
------

The next day all senshi had agreed to accompany Haruka and Michiru to the train station to pick up Hitomi. They were of course all curious about this mystery girl. Haruka however was just acting as if she couldn't care less but everyone could clearly see through her act. It was as if she saw Hitomi as some sort of threat. It almost looked like she feared Hitomi would take Michiru away from her.

Impossible ofcourse. All the senshi had seen how much the two outer senshi adored each other. Nothing could come between that. Certainly not the person who was there to help them pairing Rei and Usagi up together. Funny really, here they were preparing how to break Mamoru and Usagi up. They had even started plotting on how to get the senshi of mars and their princess to end up dating. And even though they still hadn't spoken to the two particular senshi is at least a week now.

Rei was sick and didn't allow any company in the fear they would get it too. And Usagi was just busy spending time with Mamoru, ending up calling off a few hours before every planned senshi meeting. Not like they minded or anything. To them it was the perfect oppertunity to work on their plan together. ''Alright, we're here...'' Minako chirped, jumping out of Haruka's car.

The others followed her, scanning the station as they did. ''So what does Hitomi look like?'' Ami asked Michiru who stood next to her.

''Silver coloured hair, really pretty girl. Green eyes, much like Haruka's only lighter.'' Came the reply as Haruka suddenly pulled Michiru into a hug from behind. ''Really, Haruka...'' She giggled. ''You're acting strange.''

''Seeing as how you descripted Hitomi I can see why you fell for Haruka,'' Minako giggled, sticking out her tongue to the blonde tomboy. ''She's just like you, except for the silver coloured hair part.''

''Exactly like me.'' Haruka replied, rolling her eyes. ''All we seem to have in common is our eye colour. Now shut up and start looking for the damned girl.'' She hissed. It didn't take a genius to know she was annoyed and highly irritated. 'How sooner we find that slut the quicker she can go again.'

The aqua haired girl shook her head in amusement. ''Stop cursing.'' She warned her lover. ''And although I'm not a mind reader I can easily tell that you're cursing her name in your thoughts.''

''You're right,'' Haruka smiled a bit. ''You're not a mind reader.'' A sigh escaped her lips as those words had come out. 'More likely wishing her to die already. If she lays one hand on Michi I'll ki...'

''There!'' Minako's voice sounded causing Haruka to snap out of her thoughts, following Minako's pointing finger. She couldn't help it but be amazed of the girl's looks. Michiru hadn't been lying when she said Hitomi was pretty. She was breath taking.

''Damn.'' Makoto said, smirking. ''Now I would start feeling jealous, Haruka. Now is the time.''

Michiru shook her head once more before pulling herself out of Haruka's embracement. ''You guys. Stop it. Like I said before, my relationship with Hitomi doesn't go any further than friendship. Now remember, she's here to help us out so stay nice.''

''And stop drooling.'' Ami whispered, pretending to wipe away something from the corner of Makoto's lips.

The aqua haired girl already started to walk into the direction of the silver haired girl. Haruka was right by her side, taking Michiru's hand in her own. For some reason she wanted the whole world to see Michiru was hers and hers only right now. ''So you have a relationship with her now?'' The blonde asked jokingly although there was a hint of seriousness in her voice.

''Friendship based Ruka.'' The smaller girl replied, squeezing her lover's hand. ''Be nice.''

''Yeah. Yeah.'' The tomboy stated, pretending as if she was offended by Michiru's words. ''You know me. I'm always nice.'' With that said she looked up again. Hitomi seemed to have noticed them as well about now and stepped into their direction, waving at Michiru with a bright smile on her lips.

''Besides,'' Michiru whispered just before they finally were close enough to Hitomi to have a normal conversation without having to yell. ''I'm more worried about you. By the look in your eyes you're already undressing her.''

''Ha-ha.'' Once again the tomboy rolled her eyes. ''The only girl I'll be undressing is you. And I don't need my wicked mind for that one.''

''Don't worry Ruka. I trust you.'' She paused for a moment, looking up to face her old friend. ''You should do the same.'' And without saying anything else she released Haruka's hand and walked over to Hitomi before pulling the silver haired girl in a tight hug. Which, much to Haruka's dismay, Hitomi replied almost immediately. But Michiru had been right. She should have more faith. Hitomi may have been a good friend to Michiru in the past but this was here and now. Michiru was her girlfriend now and would never betray her.

''Oh my god,'' The silver haired girl cheered, kissing both Michiru's cheeks and dropping her bags to the ground. ''I'm so glad you asked me over. I can't wait to see that whimp you're trying to get to break up with his girlfriend. I'm in for a good...'' It hadn't been until now that Hitomi noticed Haruka and the other three girls behind her. ''Oh, you must you Haruka Tenoh. You're one lucky bastard if you're able to charm miss Kaioh over like you did. She told me a lot about you.''

With that said she stepped closer to the blonde tomboy and also pulled her into a tight hug. At first Haruka was too surprised to react but then she finally put her arms around Hitomi. ''Nice to meet you too, Hitomi.''

The silver haired girl giggled before pulling back again, looking at the other three girls. ''I take it Usagi and Rei aren't with you? Nice to meet you. Hitomi Sato.''

''Ami Mizuno.''

''Makoto Kino.''

''Minako Aino. The pretiest of the team.''

Haruka sweatdropped, turning around to look at the goddess of love with an amused look on her face. ''You just had to say something to make yourself different from the others, didn't you?''

The smaller blonde blinked innocently. ''Why ofcourse. Don't tell me you would've expected anything else.''

Both Hitomi and Michiru laughed upon hearing this. ''I'll certainly won't forget you Minako.'' The silver haired girl said with a wink causing Minako to blush. Then she turned around to face Michiru again and stepped closer to the aqua haired girl just to make sure no one else would hear her. ''You know I notice the details, right?'' Michiru just nodded, wondering where this was going. ''The blue haired chick and the brunette one. They have a crush on each other. And Minako, in need for some serious getting laid action.''

Haruka who had overheard the smaller girl laughed slightly. ''You can tell that by just looking at them?'' She then asked with a raised eyebrow. Hitomi just nodded. ''In that case, what can you tell about me?''

''You love Michiru.'' Hitomi stated as a matter-of-factly. ''I can see by the look on your face that you're not thrilled on having me around. Don't worry. Me and Michi have been nothing but good friends. Now don't get me wrong, I've tried but she wouldn't let me. Said she was waiting for the right person to come along. Ofcourse I thought she tried to tell me she was straight but,'' She eyed Haruka. ''I clearly was wrong. Just make sure you...''

''Hitomi.'' Michiru warned her friend who immediately shut her mouth. ''Good girl. Now why don't we all get back to the car and on the way to our home we could explain Hitomi our plan. What do you guys say about it?''

Instead of answering everyone just nodded, turning around to walk back towards the car again. Haruka and Hitomi were walking behind the group a bit. Not because they were walking extra slow but because the silver haired girl had noticed something was bothering the tomboy so they had been standing still for a fair bit longer as the rest already headed back. ''So,'' Hitomi started.

''You never dated Michiru?''

''Like I said, I tried. Never succeeded.''

''Still interested?''

Hitomi smirked. ''Honestly, yes. But I'm not the type to break up a happy home.''

''Yet you're willing to break Mamoru and Usagi up?''

''Don't know them. Staying neutral. Besides for what I've heard that Mamoru dude is a total whimp. From the way Michiru told me about him I immediately thought of that silly and funny man from Will and Grace. Not Will but his friend. You know who I'm talking about.''

Haruka blinked in confusion. She didn't like to admit it but she liked this girl. She was really opening up quickly and was rather easy going from what she had seen so far. ''I guess so. I have to apologize though.''

''Neh, it's alright. Most people fear their lovers when I'm walking by.'' Hitomi giggled, obviously joking.

''I'm glad you're taking this so well. Here I was planning all kinds of things to scare you away and to make your life a living hell.'' Haruka shook her head in amusement as she heard Hitomi break down into fits of laughter. It was indeed obvious that this wasn't the first time she had been in this kind of situation.

To Be Continued...