Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Time Has Come ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"The Time Has Come"
Part 4

Usagi couldn't sleep, not after what had happened. Since Mamoru had kissed her and left the room, she'd just lay there in a daze, thinking. He called her princess and she couldn't explain why. She started to cry uncontrollably out of confusion. Mamoru came into the room when he heard her weeping. Sitting on the bed next to her, he carefully helped her sit up.
"Usagi-chan what's wrong?" he asked. Usagi just cried and rested her head on his chest. "You ok?" he asked after she stopped the water works.
"I think so." she said shakily, shivering at the cool breeze on her back. Looking down at the tacky hospital gown she made a face. Mamoru laughed before getting up and getting her a shirt out of his closet. Usagi looked at him puzzled before he tossed it to her.
"This might be more comfortable for you." he said and left the room so she could change.

Usagi took off the hospital gown and walked over the full length mirror in the closet. There was a line of very small stitches from the bottom of her right rib to the top of her left hip. She touches them gently before puling the large black t-shirt over her head. It fell a few inches below her butt.
Mamoru stood in the kitchen looking for something for them to eat.
*She may not be hungry but she needs to eat something.* he thought as he rummaged through cupboards. Almost as on cue Usagi walked into the room. Mamoru turned to face her when he heard footsteps. It was then that he realized just how much his Usako has grown while he was away. After he managed to pull his gaze away from her legs he cleared his throat.
"You really shouldn't be up and moving around." He managed to get out and went back to looking for something to eat. "Hungry?"
"Not really. Have any juice?"
"Um lets see...." He looked in the refrigerator. "Yep apple and orange."
"Apple please."
"Sure thing." Mamoru poured two glasses, on for Usagi and one fro himself.
Usagi took her glass and hesitated before taking a sip. She wasn't sure how her stomach would reacted but it was now or never. Taking a seat on one of the bar stools, she decided her stomach could take it. Mamoru, on the other hand, didn't know if he could control his emotions and hormones while she was there. Afer she had sat down he noticed that it made the shirt just as short, it not more so, as her uniform!
*This is not the time to be thinking dirty!" he mentally yelled at himself.

Usagi was trying to move the stool back some but the back legs got stuck and it started to tip. She tried to grab the counter, but missed. Mamoru dove to catch her and ended up spilling apple juice all over his shirt in the process.
"Careful Usagi-Chan." He said.
"Sorry." She said. He carried her over the couch and set her down.
"Stay put, ok? I'm gonna go change my shirt." he said and took the wet one off as he walked out of the room.

Just as he was heading back to his room the doorbell rang. Usagi was going to get up and answer it, but Mamoru got there first. Kemmy was standing there with a bag of cloths for Usagi.
"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" she asked, seeing a shirtless Darien and Usagi on the couch in one of his shirts.