Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey everybody. What's up? Chapter four is! Haha... ha. I shouldn't laugh at my own sucky jokes. lol. Anyways, I'm going to write something under the Author's Notes that is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO READ! So, I advise that you read it. Please. Read and review! Ah, yes, also, I am available for chat at AIM. My screenname is SMStephMars1 and my e-mail is SMStephMars1@hotmail.com. If any changes are to be made or if I get a new screenname or e-mail address, I will have it posted on my profile. But anyway, talk to me if you have any comments or suggestions, if you need help with writeing, I suppose I could help out with that if you like my style of writing. So, please, talk to me if you have a problem or if you want to say anything. I'm online pretty much everyday unless I'm on vacation. If I take too long to update, tell me, and I will tell you why! I promise. lol.


XXX-WARNING!-XXX- This chapter contains certain... things... that may not be suitable for young or sensitive readers to read. No lemons. It has to do with pain, torture, blood, etc. Please do not read this chapterr if you are young or sensitive to those certain subjects. That is the reason it is rated PG-13.

Disclaimer: Sailor Moon is not mine....














Trapped

Chapter Four



Skyler paced around her slowly and menacingly, feeling the quality of the whip in his hand, "I must warn you. This will be exremely painful. Though, I'm sure you know what to expect since you so fearlessly continued to speak nonsense. Heh." Rei closed her eyes and choked back a sob. Skyler shook his head and continued to pace around her, "You're scared? It's amazing how you've kept to yourself for this long. Others would have been screaming for help even before I had removed their shackles."

He snapped the lash of the whip at Rei's thigh. Rei made a quiet squeaking sound before silencing herself. She could feel the salty water threatening to spill from her eyes. Skyler smirked, "Huh, first time a victim hasn't screamed at the first lash." He snapped the whip again in the same spot. Rei bit her lip and let out a muffled whimper. The stinging in her leg made it feel like it would fall off. She cautiously looked down at her leg and saw that the side of her pants had been slit open by the whip and the redness and swelling of her skin was visible. Skyler smirked, "Looks like I can't go easy on you." He drew his arm over and behind his head and struck Rei with a powerful blow across her waist and chest. She screamed in agony as the pain seared across her body. A light line of blood stained the front of her shirt.

Skyler continued beating Rei with the whip mercilessly. Every time Rei screamed, Skyler used his other hand to tug at the noose and cut Rei's voice and breathing momentarily. The tears streamed freshly down Rei's face, as did the blood down her body. There was already a small puddle of blood at the base of the post. Her face was paling.

Finally, Skyler decided his arm was tired from striking the helpless girl. He tossed the whip aside and reached into one of his pockets. He pulled out a box of cigarettes and flicked it open, tugging one out of the box and lighting it. He took a deep breath of the cancer stick and blew the fumes into Rei's face. He brought his own face very close to her's, less than an inch away, "You poor, poor thing. Anybody else would pity you and let you free. Not me, baby." The tears were still streaming down Rei's face, even through her scrunched eyes. Her breathing was ragged. She coughed. Her throat was dry and hoarse from screaming. Skyler took another huff of his cigarette and let the smoke blow down from his nostrils, "So, what should I call you? Rei, or Sailor Mars?" Rei stayed silent, trying to ignore the voice and the pain it had caused. She loathed the man, but now she knew exactly what he was capable of. Nothing phased him. Not the shreiks and cries of pain, not the sight of blood being drawn, not the look of agony on a person's face. He seemed to enjoy it all. She wondered what could have happened to him in the past to make him like this.

Skyler leaned foward the remaining space between them and attached his lips to Rei's. Rei didn't fight back. She didn't have any energy to resist him. She couldn't do anything to the man who had beat her and was now invading her mouth with his tongue. Yes, it disgusted her greatly, but she wouldn't respond to whatever he did. What upset her most was the fact that this brutal man and taken her first kiss. If she had the strength and her hands free, she would have punched him. But she couldn't. The pain was unbearable, and it swept another wave of tears down her face.

Rei couldn't breathe. Skyler finally stopped and took a deep breath, "How sweet." He went behind Rei and began to untie the ropes, "Let me guess... Your first kiss?" Rei made a small sound as the tears kept flowing. Skyler smirked and threw the ropes that bound Rei's ankles aside. Her grabbed her butt from behind and whispered in her ear, "Lucky me." He let go of her and untied the other ropes until she fell to the ground. Rei lay there, in a puddle of her own blood, not moving. Skyler grabbed her wrist and lifted her up off her feet. He then began to drag her out of the room, not checking if she was trying to keep up.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Mamoru knocked on the door to Ami's apartment. She opened the door, "Mamoru-san? Did you find them?" But she knew what the answer would be. The expression on his face; disappointment, confusion, angst. Mamoru muttered, "I let her mother know. I was going to ask Minako-chan to tell Rei-chan's grandfather. I... I don't want to tell anybody anymore. It hurts." Ami sighed, "I'll call her for you. Why don't you come in?" Mamoru stepped in and closed the door behind him. He observed the room. The place was spotless, except for the couch and the coffee table which were littered with books, coffee mugs, and sandwiches. Mamoru found a clean armchair and fell into it, burying his head in his hands. Ami was worried. She'd never seen him look like this. He was always the type to take things calmly and quickly. He'd never moped around like this, and if he ever did, it would be for long.

She picked up her communicator watch and pressed a button. An image appeared on the small screen, "Ami-chan, what's wrong?" Ami went into another room and whispered to Minako, "Mamoru-san is here. He didn't find them and he's... Minako-chan, he's not himself! He's in really bad shape. We have to find Usagi-chan quickly. At this point, I don't know what Mamoru will do to himself." Minako bit her lip, "I don't know either Ami-chan. Why don't you just keep an eye on him? Because you're right, we don't know what he'd do." Ami nodded, "Okay. Oh, Mamoru-san wanted you to tell Rei-chan's grandfather about her... disappearance. He told Usagi-chan's mother, but he just can't take it." Minako smiled worriedly, "I'll take care of it. Just, please take caare of Mamoru-san. When we find Usagi, he has to be there." Ami smiled, "Definitely." They clicked off their watches.

Ami went back to her living room and saw Mamoru pacing across the room. His head was down and his bangs were hiding whatever expression that was in his eyes. She couldn't tell exactly what he was thinking, but it was most likely what was on all of the senshis' minds: Where are they, and are they okay? Ami put her hand on his shoulder, "Mamoru-san, Minako-chan is going to the shrine." He didn't do anything except stop. Ami sighed and tried to be sympathetic without getting upset herself, "Mamoru-san, sit down." He obeyed and sat on the armchair he was in earlier. Ami sat on a chair across from him, "We can't do this on our own. We need help. We all miss Usagi-chan and Rei-chan, but they need us now. We can't be greiving over them when they are waiting for help. Are you going to start helping us?" Mamoru was silent for a moment, but he finally muttered, "What am I supposed to do? I can't do anything that you haven't done."

Ami said, "Go back. I checked the locations again before you came here. They are definitely at that Skyler guy's place. You probably didn't see them because you didn't go in, right?" Mamoru lifted his head enough to look her in the eye, "No... I didn't." Ami said, "You see? I'm one hundred percent sure there are somewhere in Skyler's house. Knowing all of the other enemies we've had, it's not going to be much of a normal house. It may look like it, but there may be a secret attached to it too. When you get in there, figure it out and bring them back. But be careful, and no matter what you see there, don't stop. When you find them, we'll be ready to come in, so you can call our communicator watches." Mamoru sighed, "Okay. I'll go back tonight."

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Skyler opened the door to the larger chamber and threw Rei inside. She lay on the ground, not moving. Usagi screamed, "Rei-chan!" Skyler said, "Shut up, bitch, or you'll get the same. We're leaving soon. You're friends are getting smart." Usagi silenced herself. Rei was torn everywhere. Her clothes were mere bloody rags covered with rips and tears, much like her skin was underneath. Skyler slammed the door as he left. Usagi sobbed, "Rei-chan! Rei-chan, wake up!" Rei didn't respond at all. Usagi cried and cried. Oh, how she wished she had her transformation brooch with her. She would transform and cleanse the evil in Skyler. Since he was pure evil, he would simply die. He didn't deserve to live after imprisoning them and then beating Rei like this. Usagi wished that this whole thing was just a dream. She muttered to herself, "Wake up Usagi-chan. Wake up!" She hugged herself, realizing that this was no dream, but a nightmare. A nightmare come true.

She reached for Rei's hand. It was only just in her reach since the shackles kept her away. She grabbed Rei's hand and tried to pull her towards herself without injuring her more than she already was. Eventually, Usagi had Rei laying down beside her, her head in her lap. Usagi cried, "Rei-chan! Please don't die! Please, don't leave me alone with this monster!" She grabbed Rei's hand and held it close, "Please..."

Rei couldn't feel anything but pain. She was never knocked out, but she was in too much pain to move or speak. She could hear Usagi crying and screaming. The pain was overwhelming, but she wanted to assure her friend that she would never just leave her with Skyler. She would get her revenge on that beast sooner or later. She tried not to move in hopes of regaining some kind of energy. Her hand was in Usagi's when she felt a warm drip of liquid land on her hand, penetrating the blood that had caked onto it. The energy came rapidly. Not so much, but it was fast. The first thing she did was cough. Her throat was hoarse from the screaming followed by the choking. Usagi opened her eyes, "Rei-chan? Are you awake? Are you okay?" Rei coughed again and groaned, "I'll b-be alright... in a minute." Usagi cried, "Rei-chan! You're alive! Thank goodness! I thought you were going to leave me here by myself with that man!" Rei regained a little bit more energy and said, "Usagi-chan... I-I would n-never let that bastard keep just you. I'm going to k-kill him if it's the l-last thing I d-do." She coughed a little bit more and tried to move her arm. It was extremely painful, but she got up to her feet. Usagi said, "Rei-chan, don't get up, you'll hurt yourself." Rei said, "I'm getting out of here. And you're coming too." She walked over to the door, surprised that her energy was replenished so quickly after the beating. She peeped through the rectangular opening in the door. There was a space between the bars where her hand could fit. She tried and got her whole arm through and felt around for a doorknob. She found one and pulled it. The door opened.

Usagi cried, "Rei-chan, you did it!" Rei hissed, "Be quiet. He'll hear us and we'll both get hurt." Usagi got quiet. Rei went back to Usagi and asked, "Do you have a hairpin with you or something to unlock you?" Usagi felt around her head for a pin. Finally, she found one and gave it to Rei. Rei began to pick the lock. After two seemingly long minutes, the lock sprang open. Usagi stood up and went to the door with Rei, "How do we get out?" Rei said, "When he was bringing me back here, I think I saw a staircase. I'll try to remember where it was."

Rei walked swiftly across the room. Usagi followed, trying not to be clumsy, because she knew her life was probably on the line. They tip-toed across the dark stone chambers. Rei limped and occasionally stopped, trying to hold in the pain at least until they were out of Skyler's reach. Plus, if she stopped for too long,Usagi would give up too. She was getting out no matter what. She'd protect Usagi with her life and make sure she made it safely out of this nightmare. They found endless, dark corridors, most leading to dead ends. They had to make it out quickly though, because they both knew Skyler would return soon enough.

Rei turned around one more corridor and looked down the hallway. There was sunlight comeing down over a normal, wooden staircase. Usagi smiled and silently cheered. They walked a lot more quietly once they had found the staircase. They stepped very lightly on each step, praying that they wouldn't squeak. Finally, Rei reached the top of the stairs and Usagi did as well. They looked around the house.

It was very normal. They were in the kitchen. It was very small, and could only accomodate about two people. The cabinets, countertops and appliances were all gleaming black. There was a large window covered with long black curtains, and only let a little stream of light inside. There was a narrow hallway to their left and they saw a large door. The exit of the house. Rei was relieved she made it this far. She didn't know how she recovered so quickly. She prayed to the gods that she would last enough to get help.

They mentally decided with each other that they would dash for the door. Rei quickly checked if anybody was around. From her eye, there wasn't. So they ran as fast as they could to the door. Usagi turned the doorknob and opened it. A flash of light flared in their eyes, momentarily blinding them. Usagi smiled widely at Rei, "Rei-chan," She whispered, "We're free..." Rei smiled back and stepped carefully out of the door.

Suddenly, she collapsed, falling down the three steps of the small stoop. Usagi cried, "Rei-chan!" She ran to her side and tried to lift her. She heard behind her a shout. Skyler yelled from the upstairs floor, "Get back here, bitch!" Usagi was horrified. She tried as hard as she could to lift Rei. She was only a little up, but Usagi ran was fast as she could while supporting Rei's weight. Skyler could be heard shouting behind her, "You're not getting away!" He caught up to her and swiftly wrapped his arms around Rei and Usagi's waist. With a free hand, he punched Usagi in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her. Usagi fell to her knees and drew a deep breath. Skyler hissed, "It doesn't matter. Try it and see." Usagi released her breath in a loud, high-pitched shreik, "HELP! HELP ME!"

Skyler kicked her in the small of her back, making her fall to her knees. He pushed her down and held his foot over her neck, "You should have known that I would win either way. Let me tell you something, try anything like this again, and you'll end up even worse than your justice-defending friend here." Usagi struggled to breathe, but she surrendered, not trying to escape. Skyler smirked, "That's better." He picked her up by her hair that was already strewn about and dragged her back into the house, dragging Rei in a similar fashion behind him.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Mamoru sped down back to Skyler's house on his motorcycle. The whole ride, he was hoping that Ami's discovery wasn't a false alarm. Once he reached the front of the house, he dismounted his bike and ran up the walkway. He banged on the front door, "Skyler-san! Skyler-san! Open up!" He heard a quick scuffling of feet inside of the house. The door opened and Skyler asked, "Mamoru-kun, what's wrong? Did you see Usagi-chan somewhere?" Mamoru decided to talk rather loudly, in hopes that if his Usako really was here, she would call for him, "No. I didn't find her yet. Hey, do you mind if I come in?" Skyler was hesitant for a split second before he stepped aside, "Come on in."

Skyler closed the door once Mamoru had entered and said, "You want to sit down, have tea or something?" Mamoru sighed, "Sure." Skyler led him into his living room. Mamoru was familiar with the room. He came over often since he was right next door to his apartment complex. He had become accustomed to seeing the darkness of the room, the black leather furniture, dark wood coffee tables, everything was dark. Mamoru sat down on one of the big sofas and said, "Skyler-san. Since the day Usako went missing, I've been sniffing out clues. Asking everybody around if they have seen her, or if anything unusual was going on. I even went to the police station. And they said they've been getting reports from the area around here. Everyday they hear something like a scream, and it's coming from here. I can't help but be suspicious. Skyler-san, do you know where Usako and Rei-chan are?" Skyler looked baffled, "What!? Mamoru-kun, you can't think that I would just go and kidnap your girlfriend! H-how could you even suspect me!? We're friends, I've met Usagi-chan before, and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to either of you! Mamoru-kun, I just can't believe you think I'd just go do something like that. I thought you trusted me enough." Mamoru said, "Since Usako's disappearance, I can barely trust anybody. The guy standing next to me, my boss, or even my friend. Why? Because he just may be the one who took Usako."

Skyler sat down across from him, "Mamoru-kun, I know it's tough on you. But, I don't think you should just be pointing fingers at whoever knew her, whoever looks suspicious. I mean, you have to think logically about this." Mamoru shouted, "You think I haven't!? What do you think I've been doing the past week!? I wasn't just looking on the streets for some thug! I'm looking for somebody who could be stronger than Usako!" Skyler sighed, "Mamoru-kun, she's a girl, very young, and very small. A lot of people could have the power to just take her without a problem." Mamoru muttered, "No. Usako is much stronger than what many may think. It would be very difficult to take her without anybody else noticing. And apparantly, a lot of your neighbors are noticing. Skyler-san, I don't care what you have to say. I'm looking for Usako, no matter where she may be, and I'm starting here." He got up and stormed out of the living room.

Skyler followed him, "Mamoru-kun, c'mon, don't be like this. Calm down, you can let the police take care of this." Mamoru glared at Skyler, "I have a feeling that this is something the cops just can't handle." Mamoru turned his back on Skyler and continued walking, opening doors, entering rooms and finding nothing. He reached one door and opened it, finding a staircase leading downstairs, "What's down there?" Skyler said, "The basement, the boiler." Mamoru shrugged, "Well, I suppose you don't mind if I check it out." He stepped on the first step when Skyler grabbed his arm, "You're going too far. Why do you so strongly suspect me?" Mamoru said, "Not just you. There are others, but I'm checking you first because you're on the top of the list." Skyler shouted, "Get out of my house! Obviously, you don't trust me. I don't trust you either, so get out." Mamoru shouted as loud as he could right in Skyler's face, "I'M GETTING USAKO BACK!"

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Usagi moaned and rubbed her head. Skyler had pulled her hair for so long that she had a terrible headache and the blood had rushed to her head, making it a little harder to hear. She was sure she heard some voices from above her, where Skyler's living quarters were, but it was difficult to make out who the voices belonged to. She sat up and looked over at Rei. Usagi had checked her already. She was unconscious, but she would be alright in a matter of time. The blood was going back to her body, so Usagi felt a little better, though, she couldn't feel too good being locked in a dungeon with her scalp feeling as if it was almost ripped off. But she could hear a little bit more. She could hear the voices upstairs. One voice was particularly loud, and Usagi could barely hear any words. But it sounded familiar. She prayed with every once of faith she had left that it would be the one person she wanted to see right now. There was a lot of movement upstairs, and doors could be heard opening and slamming.

She heard a soft squeaking sound and the voice was much clearer, "What's down there?" Then the voice Usagi hated most answered the question, "The basement, the boiler." Usagi hissed, "Liar." The familiar voice said, "Well, I suppose you don't mind if I check it out." There was another squeak on the staircase. But then it stopped. Skyler said, "You're going too far. Why do you so strongly suspect me?" The voice responded, "Not just you. There are others, but I'm checking you first because you're on the top of the list." Skyler sounded angry as he shouted, "Get out of my house! Obviously, you don't trust me. I don't trust you either, so get out." The voice sounded infuriated as he screamed, "I'M GETTING USAKO BACK!" Usagi's eyes lit up, "Mamo-chan?" She screamed as loud as she could, "MAMO-CHAN!"

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Mamoru glared at Skyler, "You son of a bitch." He punched Skyler square on the nose. Skyler fell fast and tried to catch Mamoru, but he was already down the stairs. Mamoru shouted, "Usako!? Usako, where are you!?" Usagi screamed, "Mamo-chan!" Mamoru was astounded thaqt his collage friend had this whole chamber of dungeons underneath his house. Usagi was so close this whole time. Mamoru listened to Usagi's cries until he reached the door. The door was locked, so he kicked it open. He wasn't quite prepared for the sight he saw.

The first sight was his Usako. Her hair was straggled around her face and shoulders, dull and frizzy. Her face was pale, gaunt, and malnourished. Her clothing was the same as what she wore from before the battle, dirty from blood that was crusted onto the floor. Then was Rei. She was unconscious, he could tell by just looking at her. Her clothes were barely there, since there were rips and tears all over her, exposing the deep welts and gashes in her skin. Usagi leapt onto Mamoru and kissed him, "Mamo-chan! Mamoru, oh, I was so scared. He took my brooch and Rei-chan's pen and we couldn't do anything, and he hurt Rei! I'm so happy you're here! We can finally get out of here!" Mamoru grabbed Usagi's shoulders, "Usako, we have to get out of here. Skyler-san is coming down in a minute. I'll hold him off, you try and get Rei-chan." Usagi nodded and began trying to lift Rei up.

Mamoru went back out of the dungeon and heard a roar of fury. Skyler screamed, "You're not escaping!" Mamoru ran back to the staircase. Skyler's nose was streaming a wave of blood, but it didn't seem to pain him. He was snarling in rage. Mamoru sprinted up the stairs and tackled Skyler, shouting as he punched him, cursing him for stealing his Usako away from him. Skyler fought back with equal ferocity. He allowed himself to get hit twice in oredr to buy time. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife. He flicked it open, and slashed at Mamoru's waist. Mamoru stopped fighting and brought his hand to his waist. He looked at his waist and saw the blood flowing freely onto the clean floor. At this he didn't move. Skyler smirked, not caring about the blood that stained his floor or gushed from his mouth and nose, "Don't worry. I won't kill you yet. But I hope this will be a lesson to you. Next time listen when I tell you to stop." The rapid blood loss had taken it's effect on Mamoru, as he collapsed onto the floor.




InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, how was that? Pain, misfortune. I like it. Anyway, I have to get up at six in the morning because my mom is driving me to my friend's house before she goes to work. I'm just quickly finishing up and posting. Any errors let me know. Thanks! Ja ne!