Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter Five
------------------------------------------------
“So what are ya doing the rest of the day?” Haruka and Michiru were walking down one of the main streets in Osaka, Japan. “Not much, I just have to practise my violin.” They walked in silence for a while trying to think of what to say to one another.
“Hey, do you want something to drink?” Michiru looked at one of the cafés as they walked by. Haruka got her wallet out of her pocket and opened it, `I guess I shouldn't have spent all my money on fuel for my dirt bike.' She put her wallet back in her pocket.
“No thanks.” Michiru took hold of Haruka's wrist and dragged him into the café.
“Come on, it's my treat.” They stood in line waiting for there turn, Haruka ran her hand through her short blonde hair, she didn't like the idea of someone paying for her.
“So, what do you want Haruka.” Haruka shook her head no,
“I don't want anything.” Michiru rolled her eyes then order for both of them.
“We'll have two strawberry milkshakes please.” Michiru paid for them and handed one to Haruka.
“Thanks Michiru but you didn't have to.” Haruka drunk the milkshake through a straw
“You're welcome.” Michiru also drunk her drink, she was more than happy to buy something for Haruka since she had never really bought something for another person excluding her parents.
“Do you want to sit outside?”
“Sure” they sat down at a table with a dark blue umbrella. They sat in silence while they drank; you could hear the birds chirping loudly, the screams and laughter of children coming from the arcade across the street and the cars zooming by. Haruka sat her drink down as she finished it, she looked at Michiru beautiful face and smiled; Michiru looked into Haruka's eyes and raised one of her eye brows,
“What?” Michiru smiled back at him.
“I wonder?” Haruka tapped his finger on his chin.
“Have you ever ridden on a dirt bike before?” Michiru looked down at her drink in her hands,
“No, I believe I haven't. Why?” She looked back up into his excited eyes.
“I'll be right back.” Haruka got up off his chair and headed into the café, she had a plan that involved going really fast and Michiru.
Michiru sat there with a puzzled look on her face, `what is he up to?' She drank the rest of her milkshake well she waited for him to return.
“Well if it isn't Miss Kaioh the freak.” Michiru swallowed hard; there was only one gang that called her that, she bravely looked up, in front of her stood four girls.
“What do you want?” Michiru had a very good idea what they wanted but asked anyways trying to stall for time.
“There is someone who wants to talk to you.” One of the girls walked closer to her and grabbed her arm making her stand up.
“You're hurting me.” The girl just smiled and tightened her grip on her arm. Michiru threw her drink at the girl, who held her,
“You little...” the girl raised her hand and was about to slap her but one of the other girls stopped her,
“Not here, there are too many people.” Michiru heard a click; her eyes fell upon a knife that the girl held,
“You come peacefully or something will happen to your friend.” Michiru eyes widen in fear, `you will not hurt Haruka.' She gave up and let them lead her away from the café.
------------------------------------------
Haruka hanged the phone up after saying good bye to her father, she smiled as she walked out of the café and over to where Michiru was waiting, `finally, I get to ride my bike again.' After she broke her arm her father wouldn't allow her to ride it anymore but now she could. Haruka walked over to the table were she sat five minutes ago, there was no one sitting there. `Where did she go?' Haruka looked down at the ground, there laid an empty glass swimming in a light red puddle, she looked at the table, on top was Michiru's bag that held her belongings. Haruka started to get worried, `she'd never leave that behind.' She looked around the patio for any sign of Michiru but couldn't find any.
“Excuse me...”she stood in front of a table were a couple sat, “...sorry to interrupt you but have you seen a girl with aqua coloured hair go by here?” Haruka clenched her fists out of frustration,
“Umm...yeah I did...” the man pointed down the street, “I saw four girls with her heading that way.” Haruka's eyes widen in fear `oh no!'
“Thanks.” She ran off down the street.
----------------------------------------------
“This way Kaioh,” the girl pushed her in an alleyway. Michiru's heart was beating very fast as she walked further down the alley. The girl that held Michiru's arm let go of her,
“Stop there Kaioh.” Michiru stopped and rubbed her sore arm,
“Hello Kaioh, so nice of you to join us.” Out of the shadows stepped Katsuko who held a bat in her hands,
“Like I had a choice,” she mumbled,
“What was that?” Katsuko yelled at her,
“Nothing,” Michiru whispered, she had a very bad feeling were this was heading. Katsuko snapped her fingers; out of the shadows stepped two other girls and they grabbed hold of Michiru's arms making sure that she didn't run away.
“You have gotten braver over the past months Kaioh, haven't you?” Katsuko walked back and forth in front of her.
“Do your worst Katsuko; I'm not afraid of you anymore!” Michiru spat in her face, Katsuko was taken back by this, usually Michiru didn't defend herself, she just took it. Michiru could see the anger building in Katsuko's eyes. Katsuko slapped Michiru across the face so hard, she fell to her knees, she touched her face with a shacking hand, blood ran down her cheek, she looked up at Katsuko's hand; her finger had a ring on it. Katsuko smiled as she looked down at her fallen enemy,
“You will pay dearly for not listening to me Kaioh!” She spat in her face, Katsuko tightened her grip on her bat and raised it over her shoulder, Michiru closed her eyes tightly as she waited for pain to come, she heard a loud thud but the pain never came, she opened her eyes, kneeing in front of her was a boy, his face faced the other way so she couldn't see who it was, the boy groaned as he brought his hand up to his shoulder,
“Are you alright Michiru?” The boy stood and turned around facing her,
“Haruka!” She looked at his shoulder, it looked dislocated; she bit her lower lip as she looked into his pain filled eyes.
“Haruka?” Katsuko's voice was surprised, Haruka turned around and faced her with a very anger face.
“What the heck do you think you're doing Katsuko!” Haruka started to walk toward her.
“What are you doing here?” Katsuko dropped the bat and started to back away from him.
“I asked you a question Katsuko!” Haruka yelled with all her pain and anger.
“She...she wouldn't listen!” Katsuko hit the wall of the building; she couldn't escape the angry glare of Haruka. Haruka continued to walk towards her with his one good hand clenched into a fist.
“Why would she listen to you for?” Haruka was inches away from her face.
“Stop right there Tenoh!” One of the girls yelled at him, she turned around and froze in motion, a girl held a knife to Michiru's neck.
“You leave Kats alone or I'll slice you're girlfriend!” Haruka stood there like a statue unable to move or think, Katsuko cleared her throat walking past Haruka and over to there hostage,
“Thanks,” Katsuko patted the girls shoulder, everyone in her little gang knew that Haruka Tenoh was her weakness so they had to look out for her when ever she was around him.
“You can leave now Haruka, this doesn't concern you.” Katsuko looked at Michiru's fearful looking eyes and smiled. Katsuko now held Michiru by the throat with the knife in the other hand.
“I won't leave her with you!” Haruka started to walk towards them, Katsuko slide the tip of the knife down Michiru's face, fresh blood streamed out of the wound and down her neck onto her clothes. Haruka took a step back and tried to control her anger that was building inside her.
“Here's a deal for you Haruka, you dump your little friend and go on a date with me and Michiru's beating will be quick.” Katsuko pushed Michiru over to one of her girls then walked over to Haruka touching his face; Haruka flinched as she felt the cold touch of her rough hand.
“Leave him alone!” Michiru shouted at the top of her lungs, the girl that held her slapped her across the face making her fall to the ground. Katsuko looked over to the fallen girl taking her eyes off of Haruka. The anger that was building inside Haruka went over the top as she looked at the fallen goddess holding her face in pain. She took this opportunity to catch Katsuko off guard, she tightened her good hand into a fist and punched Katsuko right across the face, the sound of a crunch was very pleasing to Haruka; she wanted to do that for such a long time. She ran over to the girl who slapped Michiru and punched her right in the stomach making her loss her balance. She wasn't satisfied with this so she took the girl by the collar of her shirt and slammed her into the brick wall knocking the wind out of her. A few feet away Katsuko stood holding her nose as blood streamed out of her nose, her eyes shun angrily as she felt the pain from her nose.
“Haruka!” She wiped the blood from her nose on her white shirt. Haruka turned around and faced her making sure that Michiru was standing behind her.
“You broke my nose!” Katsuko ran towards him with her fist clenched, she tried to punch Haruka but he was to fast, Haruka held her good arm around Katsuko's neck tighten her grip as she gasped for air. In Katsuko's pocket was a switch blade, she couldn't quite reach it, she struggled with all her might and managed to punch Haruka's dislocated shoulder, Haruka let go of her and went on her knees as the pain was unbearable.
“Watch out!” Michiru screamed as she saw the knife in Katsuko's hand, Haruka raised her arm just in time, she blocked the knife from being stabbed in her chest but it nicked her arm making it bleed. With the last of her strength she turned Katsuko hand the opposite way it bent and broke it making her cry out in pain, Katsuko fell to the ground holding her arm crying like a little baby. Haruka took a deep breath and fell to the ground in exhaustion,
“Haruka...” Michiru ran over to her fallen friend and knelt beside him.
“Can you walk?” Haruka nodded his head yes and got up very slowly; Michiru wrapped her arm around Haruka's waist steadying him in case he fell. They walked to the main street were they could get help from someone passing by.
“Thanks for saving me Haruka.” Michiru tightened her grip around Haruka's waist.
“You're welcome.” Haruka weakly smiled as she felt the grip tighten around her waist.
------------------------------------------