Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love
Chapter 16
 
AN: I liked to thank all the reviews that you readers have left me, I can't believe I have that many. You are awesome!!!
 
---------------------------
 
Standing in line at a rather popular restaurant were Kei, Michiru and Haruka. “Wow…this place is really busy,” Haruka hadn't been to this restaurant in such a long time; the last time was when she was in grade seven or eight which was five years ago.
 
“It's always busy…mom has made quite a reputation for herself,” Michiru smiled, she was very proud of her mother. The three of them finally made there way to the front were a young man stood behind a tall table. “Good evening…name please,” he didn't even look up when he said that but when he looked up he was surprised by who was standing there, “Hello Kei, Michiru…I didn't realize you were coming…” the man looked very nervous. “That's alright…Yori must have forgotten we were coming,” Kei smiled to the young man, “Oh…we'll find a table for you I am sure.”
 
Ten minutes later the three of them were seated by the kitchen where you could see inside and see all the cooks at work. “So what do you guys want to eat? My treat,” Kei looked to the two teenagers that sat with him. “I don't know…what is good here?”
 
“Everything…” the three of them looked up, standing there was Yori in her white chefs coat. “Well what would the chef suggest?” Haruka smiled. “I'd go with the sashimi …it's Michiru's favorite,” Yori sat down on one of the empty chairs at the table. “You guys are really busy tonight…” Kei looked around the crowded restaurant. “Yeah…it's good though…makes the night go by fast.” Yori stayed a little while and visited but soon had to return to the kitchen as they needed her help, “I'll be home late tonight…” she bid her farewell and left the three to there meals.
 
An hour and a half later three empty plates sat on the table waiting to be taken to the dishwasher. “That was really good,” Kei wiped his mouth with his napkin then placed it on his plate, “I'm going to say goodbye to Yori…you two can go to the car if you want.” Kei left and made his way to the kitchen.
 
“Should we go to the car?” Haruka looked to Michiru who nodded her head. The two of them left the restaurant and went to the car and waited for Michiru's father which would probably take awhile. They leaned against the car and looked to the sky; you couldn't see many stars from all the lights in the city but you could see some. Haruka had only a few more days left and then she'd have to go back to the United States; she missed Michiru very much over the past three years. Michiru leaned her head against the blonde's shoulder and sighed deeply; “You know that necklace you gave me right before you left?” the corner of the blonde's mouth went up; “Yeah…” she wondered were this was headed. “I never got to thank you for it,” Michiru looked up to the blonde who was already looking at her.
 
“If I remember correctly you did…” Michiru looked serious for a moment as she thought back three years. “Don't you remember?” Haruka smile grew in size, “You gave me something…” Michiru's face went a shade of red, she was lucky that it was dark out. `Oh…'
 
The two went silent, an uncomfortable silences. “Okay kids lets get going,” Kei walked over to the car and saved them from the silences. The three got into the car with Michiru behind the wheel and Haruka in the back; no one talked except Kei who tired to start a conversation but got no where. They arrived at home and got out of the car and headed inside, Kei went into his music room leaving the two kids alone. Haruka didn't know what to do so she went into the living room, Michiru followed suit.
 
“I'm sorry if I made you remember that…” Michiru looked to the blonde who spoke, “You didn't make me remember…I think about that often.” This surprised the tomboy; “Really?” she nodded her head then turned and left the room. Haruka went and sat on the couch and looked out the window and waited for her to come back.
 
After twenty minutes of waiting she went in search of her starting with her bedroom on the second floor. She stood at Michiru's bedroom door which was closed; she lightly tapped on the door and waited for a reply, when she didn't get one she opened it and stepped in. Michiru sat on the floor with her back against her bed with her knees brought to her chest.
 
“Michiru?” the blonde walked over to her and sat down next to her friend. They sat there the longest time just listening to each others breath and the running fish tank.
 
“There is something I need to tell you but…” Michiru gripped her knees tighter, “I'm afraid if I tell you…we won't be friends anymore…” she closed her eyes.
 
“What ever you tell me Michi…I'll still be your friend,” Haruka crossed her legs and leaned her back against the bed. “I don't know…” Michiru hesitated; she loved the blonde more then anything she didn't want to lose their friendship not just over some feelings she had. “Come on…try me,” Haruka was curious but also nervous of her reply. Michiru took a deep breath and closed her eyes, “I…I have fee…lings for some…one.”
 
Haruka looked at her kind of strange, why was that such a hard thing to say, she continued. “Feelings…I shouldn't…have,” at this point she opened her closed eyes and looked in the blonde's eyes. “Feelings for a certain friend of mine…I've known them for so long…” Michiru hoped Haruka would get the idea so she didn't have to continue.
 
“Have I met this person?” Michiru lowered her head in disappointment, “Yes you have…” Haruka thought for a moment but didn't say anything to her.
 
“They are very nice to me and my family…I can't bare the thought of not being friends with them…” she was starting to get desperate, “You know…never mind…just forget it okay…” Michiru stood from the floor.
 
“You're not going tell me…” the blonde stood also and crossed her arms over her chest. “No…” she made her way to the door. “Why not…you have me curious now.” Michiru reached for the door handle and opened the door slightly, Haruka reached her hand past Michiru and made her stop opening the door all the way and clicked it shut. Haruka's arm was stuck between the door and Michiru's stomach, the blonde's mouth was near Michiru's ear. “Michi?” the hair on her neck stood up straight, “Yes…”
 
“You know when you kissed me at the airport…” Haruka could fell Michiru's heart racing in her chest “…I kissed you back.” Michiru's breath got caught in her throat, she made herself turn around, now she faced the blonde and was very close to her so close that she could feel the blonde's breath. Haruka looked into her eyes and saw happiness and not fear which was a good thing; she didn't want to scare her in anyway, the blonde moved her head very slowly. Before she even got her mouth close enough Michiru moved hers and they meet in a kiss, it wasn't a deep kiss just a little peck on the lips. Michiru smiled as the kiss broke. She had waited for so long for the tomboy and it finally had happened; she leaned against the door with Haruka's hand still around her back.
 
“So I take it you have feelings for me…?” the blonde leaned her forehead against Michiru forehead. “What was your first clue?”
 
-------------------------------------
 
A car pulled into the Kaioh's driveway and they turned off there engine, out step Yori who looked very tired; the lights were off in the house as it was almost one thirty in the morning. Yori quietly made her way inside and up the stairs to her bedroom; she walked past Michiru's room, the door was shut slightly and a light shined into the hallway. Yori poked her head in and saw that the fish tank light was still on which was weird, she looked over to Michiru's bed. A smile formed on her face, lying on the bed was her daughter and Haruka, they looked so cute. Michiru rested her head on the blonde's chest with her arm resting on her stomach while Haruka's head rested on the pillow and her hand was around Michiru's shoulders; they both had content smiles on their faces.
Yori entered the room and tip toed over to the fish tank and turned the light off then left just as quietly.
 
---------------------------------------
 
Michiru and her father stood in the middle of a large stage facing the empty chairs of the auditorium that would be filled tomorrow night. Michiru held onto her violin with a very tight grip, she was so nervous about tomorrow her stomach was doing flips. “Do you want to do that song again?” Kei looked to his daughter, he was very proud of her for just being able to get up on stage and play in front of thousands, it takes a lot of courage and nerve. “Sure,” Michiru raised her violin to her shoulder and waited for her father to begin.
 
Behind the curtains of the stage stood a blonde who looked out to the two standing beside each other, the two of them played the violin so well together. Haruka knew Michiru would do very well tomorrow night; the audience would just love her. The song ended just as fast as it began, Michiru lowered her violin to her side and let out her breathe she was holding. “Are we done?” she was starting to get tired, they've been rehearsing all afternoon and she started to get hungry. “Yes sweetheart we are done,” Kei smiled at her, “You and Haruka can go home now if you want I need to stay and work on some things.” Michiru was glad to hear that. She turned and made her way backstage where a certain blonde waited patiently for her. Michiru found her leaning against one of the many walls with her arms crossed over her chest, the blonde smiled as Michiru made her way over to her. “We can finally go now.” Haruka put her arms down and stuck her hands in her pockets, “That's good I'm starting to get hungry.” They looked to the rather large clock on the wall, 5:30. Michiru put her violin in her case, “Do you want to get something to eat or wait until we get home?”
 
“What do you got at home?”
 
“Mom probably cooked us something…” she picked up her case. “Your mom's cooking is very good,” Haruka smiled as Michiru slid her arm through hers. “Home it is then.”
 
-----------------------------------
 
Michiru stood in the kitchen and took out the prepared supper her mother prepared while Haruka sat the table for two people. Michiru brought a plate full of sashimi over to the table; sashimi was her favourite food in the world. “Looks delicious, your mom is quite the artist,” the platter looked well presented, a feast for your eyes. They sat down and began eating there dinner in a comfortable silence.
 
Afterward Haruka helped Michiru wash the dishes and put them away, in the frigde was a plate with left overs for Kei who still hadn't returned home. “Are you going to be able to sleep tonight?” the blonde looked to her friend who was trying to get a stubborn dish clean. “Probably not..” Michiru felt sick just thinking about the proformance tomorrow night in front of all those strangers. “I can guarantee you that you will do fine…just like when you preformed at your grandparents anniversary party,” Haruka put one of the dried plates in the cupboard. “Yeah but that was only a small audience and I knew most of them.” Michiru pulled the drain in the sink and wiped her hands on the tea towel that Haruka held. “At least my father will be right beside me,” Michiru left the kitchen and went into the living room; Haruka put down the towel and followed her into the living room. They sat very close on the couch, Michiru intertwined there fingers and closed her eyes trying to clam her stomach.
 
--------------------------------
 
Michiru sat at her makeup table and looked at herself in the mirror, she just finished putting her makeup on for this evening. Her stomach started to do flips as the time slowly ticked by; soon she'd be standing in front of a large audience, an audience of complete strangers. She turned slightly in her chair and faced her closet where she could see her beautiful dress she was going to wear. It was a beautiful white dress with spaghetti straps and a cute little design around the chest and back of the dress; her mom helped her pick it out a few months ago. She stood from her chair and went over to her dress, her hair and makeup was done now all she had left to do was put on her dress and she'd be ready. She took the dress of its hanger and carefully put it on; it felt very smooth and silky against her naked flesh. She stood in front of her full length mirror that hung on her door in the closet; everything was in its right place.
 
Haruka stood in front of the large mirror in the bathroom trying to fix her sticking up hair that refused to stay down; she had just finished having a shower and felt refreshed and ready for the long night ahead of her. Her outfit hung on the hanger that was on a hook on the door, she'd wear the same outfit as she wore to Michiru's prom. She'd hope it'd match Michiru dress, she didn't tell her what the colour was but she figured it might be white. The blonde took her outfit off its hanger after she won the battle with her hair and got ready.
 
Michiru opened her door and stepped into the hall way, she walked past the bathroom door which opened revealing the blonde in her black suit and white tie; they locked eyes. Michiru looked so gorgeous with her hair done up really nice and the dress she wore looked amazing on her, it showed off her lovely curves very nicely. “You look beautiful Michiru…”
 
She lowered her head as she could feel her face blush, “Thank you.” The two made there way down the hallway and downstairs where Kei and Yori waited for them.
 
“Wow Michiru…you look so beautiful and grown up,” Kei looked at his beautiful baby girl who wasn't his little girl anymore. Michiru looked so grown up, so mature; it pleased her parents very much. Haruka stayed in the hall way as Michiru entered the living room, she didn't want to intrude. “Aren't you going to come in here Haruka?” Yori notice the blonde didn't want to come in the living room with Michiru, Haruka smiled at her and walked into the room next to her friend. “You look very nice this evening,” Yori thought she looked very handsome but didn't think it be right to call a girl handsome. “Thanks,” Haruka put her hands in her pockets just out of comfort, “You and Kei look very nice too…” Yori had on an elegant black dress that did up around the neck with an empire waist design with side bow; Kei wore a black suit, and a white crossover collar shirt.
 
“We better get going,” Michiru was very nervous and she didn't want to be late for her and her father's first concert together, “Yes of course dear.” The four of them got into Yori's car and drove off toward the concert hall, the ride was very quiet no one wanted to talk each one had there own thoughts. Yori pulled the car into an underground parking lot and they all got out, some faster then others. Haruka stood by the door waiting for someone to get out of the back seat, she bent slightly and looked into the car; Michiru looked very pale, she held onto the seatbelt very tightly not wanting to let go. “Michiru?” the blonde looked concerned for her friend; Michiru didn't say anything or move. Haruka got back into the car and sat next to her, the blonde took Michiru's hand in her own and rubbed her thumb over her hand. “Are you going to be alright Michi?” Haruka looked into scared eyes; Michiru nodded her head and griped the blonde's hand tightly. The tomboy got out first with Michiru following her still holding hands, Kei and Yori looked to her uncertain, “Is everything alright?”
 
“I'll…be fine,” Michiru's hand shook, she felt like she'd throw up her small supper she ate; her parents nodded their heads and left the two. “Do you want to go inside now?”
 
“Do I have a choice…?” Michiru took a deep breath and slowly followed her parents, she still held onto the tomboy's hand not wanting to let go.
 
-----------------------------------
 
Michiru sat on a rather comfortable couch in the dressing room looking at her closed violin case. She could hear the people in the auditorium waiting for their performance; her stomach was doing so many flips. A knock on the door interrupted the noise of the people talking, “Come in,” the door opened revealing her smiling blonde friend who looked so good in her outfit. She came over to the nervous woman and sat down beside her and took her hand in her own, “Ready to pass out yet?” Michiru's eyes widen which caused the tomboy to grin, “Sorry I couldn't resist.” Michiru closed her eyes trying not to think of what she was going to do in less then an hour. The two sat there holding hands for quite awhile before a knock at the door cause the two to jump in surprise, they both had there eyes closed. “Come in,” the door opened and in stuck Kei's head. “Are you ready sweetheart?” Kei could see the nervousness in his daughter's eyes; he was just as nervous he hadn't given a concert in along time. “As ready as I'll ever be,” she stood from the couch letting go of Haruka's hand and opened up her violin case getting out her violin. Haruka stood from the couch and followed the two Kaioh's out of the dressing room; she knew Michiru would do fine once she started to play. Haruka bid her farewell to Michiru and Kei and went and found her seat next to Yori in the front row.
 
Backstage was very noisy, every one was running this way and that way. Michiru wondered why they were such in a hurry it's not like they had to go on stage in front of thousands and perform. “It's just like we rehearsed Michiru…okay…you will do just fine…” Kei took Michiru's shaking hand in his own, “Just remember sweetheart…I'm going to be there right beside you….and I'm just as nervous as you,” this surprised Michiru, he didn't even look nervous.
 
The audience was directed to find their seats as the concert was about to begin, Kei stood behind the curtain waiting to go on stage when he was announced, he tightened his hands into fist to keep them from shaking uncontrollable. Michiru stood off to the side and watched her father, she'd never seen him when he was about to go on stage; it encouraged her. Kei walked between the curtains and stepped on stage, the auditorium thunder in applause as he took the stage; it had been over five years since his last concert, he still had adoring fans. Kei smiled and brought his violin up under his chin and began to play a very nice melody that everyone wouldn't soon forget. The music slowly came to an end and was replaced by an eruption of clapping; Kei smiled and bowed to his audience then walked over to the microphone. “Thank you for coming…it's been a long time since I've been on stage and I really didn't know how much I missed being up here…” a truly happy smile formed on the man's mouth. “I have a special treat for you all tonight…my daughter is going to join me on stage and play a few songs with me.” Back stage Michiru's heart raced she could feel her heart beat in her ears, her stomach tightened and the feeling of throwing up came to her again. “I'd like to introduce you all to my daughter, Michiru…” Kei looked over to where Michiru was supposed to come out. Michiru took a deep breath and walked out on stage, the crowd clapped as she made her way to her father who stood in the middle. Once she stood beside her father she politely bowed to the audience, her stomach was still doing flips and wouldn't stop until she was back in the dressing room. Kei whispered to his daughter, “Ready?” Michiru nodded her head and Kei brought his violin up to his shoulder again followed by Michiru. He started the song off and Michiru followed suit keeping in tune with her father, the two made beautiful music. Michiru couldn't bare the looks of the audience so she closed her eyes and she soon forgot about them and she started to relax if that was even possible.
 
The concert went on for almost two hours; Michiru had done two solos. The first solo was fabulous but the second one everyone stood and applauded; the worse thing that could happen to a violinist would be the sound of a loud ping, one of the strings on her violin snapped. Michiru swallowed hard, of all the places for it to snap it had to happen on stage in front of a large crowd. She kept her eyes closed and continued to play even though she had to change her music, music that was even better then before, music that everyone was taken back by, it was so good and unique.
 
The concert finally ended and the audience seemed to really enjoy themselves as they all clapped for the two performers. Yori and Haruka slowly made their way backstage which was a difficult task considering everyone was heading the opposite direction. Once they made it back stage they found the two in there dressing room, “That was spectacular you two…you guys give me goose bumps,” Kei smiled at his wife while Michiru looked to the blonde who stood beside her mother who hadn't said anything. Yori walked into the room and sat on the comfy couch and crossed her legs, “I bet you guys are glad that is over?” two sighs of relief were the only answer which made Yori giggle.
 
Michiru stared into Haruka's eyes they both smiled at the same time, “Haruka and I are going to go…” Michiru didn't take her eyes off the blonde as she told her parents.
 
“Don't you two want to come to the party?” Usually after every concert Kei's manager arranged a small gathering of friends just to try and relax Kei, he really enjoyed being around his friends and family.
 
“Not really…I want to spend as much time with Haruka as I can before she leaves,” Michiru broke eye contact with the blonde and looked to her mother. Yori noticed the plea in her daughter's eyes, “Just come for a little while then you two can go.” Michiru looked disappointed at her then looked again at the blonde, “Do you mind if we just go for awhile?”
 
“I don't care…where ever you go I'll follow,” the blonde smiled at her.
 
The four of them got into the car and drove to the party that Kei's manager was giving which wasn't to far from the theater. They parked near the building and got out; the party was on the top floor of the building. The four entered and immediately they were surrounded with people, this made Haruka uncomfortable so she maneuvered her way out of the crowd and over to the side lines sort of speak. After about twenty minutes or so Michiru was getting annoyed with all the questions from fans that were lucky enough to get invited; she looked around for a certain blonde but couldn't find her, she made her way through the crowd that was more interested in her father then with her which was fine with her because she'd had something better to do. Michiru caught a glimpse of blonde on the balcony so she made her way outside; Haruka leaned against the cement railing and look over the edge at the passing cars below.
 
Michiru stood beside her and leaned her head on her shoulder, “What you doing out here Ruka?” The blonde looked to her friend on her shoulder and smiled, “I thought I'd be in the way of your fans.”
 
“I think I'd take you over my fans…” Michiru closed her eyes and felt the cool breeze blowing in her face. “Really?” Haruka put her arm around the girl's waist, “Yup…in a heart beat.” They stayed on the balcony for awhile before Yori found them, “Hey you two, I've been looking all over for you,” she came up to them and stood beside her daughter, “You two look like you're about to fall asleep.” It was almost eleven, the two wouldn't mind going to bed, “Why don't you guys take the car and go home…your father and I will take a cab.”
 
Michiru looked to Haruka, “want to go?” Haruka nodded her head she was getting tired and it would be a very long day tomorrow; the blonde had to leave in a very short while, twenty hours in fact.
 
-----------------------------------------
 
Two figures sat on the couch, one sat up straight while the other leaned their head against the others shoulder; the television flickered the two weren't really paying attention to it. “I wish you didn't have to leave…this week has gone by to fast,” the smaller of the two played with the others hand. “I know but I have to…” they leaned there head against the others. “You'll come back …?” she stopped what she was doing and waited for a reply from the blonde. “I don't want to promise you something and then break that promise,” the blonde stopped leaning her head on the other girls and waited for her to say something which didn't come. “Michi?”
 
Michiru sat there not wanting to say a word; she started to get this feeling in the bottom of her stomach a feeling she didn't like. “Michiru…” Haruka knew she didn't want to hurt her best friend but she also didn't want to make a promise then break it.
 
“I promise I'll come back,” a happy smile formed on Michiru's face, the feeling she felt a few minutes ago slowly faded away; a comfortable silence came over them.
 
------------------------------------------
 
The front door to the Kaioh's house unlocked and opened revealing Kei and Yori; they stepped in and closed the door behind them. “That was a nice evening,” Kei bent over and undid his shoes, “Yes it was.”
 
Yori made her way into the house; she looked into every room as she walked by, she stopped at the doorway of the living room. Kei soon followed his wife into the house and noticed she stopped at the living room and had a smile on her face. Kei looked into the room, sitting on the couch was his daughter and Haruka, they both slept. Michiru rested her head against the blonde's shoulder while Haruka had her head rested against the back of the couch and on Michiru's head.
 
“They look so adorable…” Yori's smile deepened, she was happy that her daughter had such a good friend that cared for her. Yori walked into the room and took a blanket off of the chair and draped it over the two and click off the television that was still on. She made her way over to her husband who waited for her, “Ready for bed dear?” Kei smiled at his loving wife and took hold of her hand and gently kiss it, “Yes dear.”
 
------------------------------------------
 
Two teal coloured eyes opened to the sound of chirping birds, her eye sight was blocked by aqua coloured hair. Haruka lifted her head and soon regretted it as soon as a shot of pain went to her neck; she took her free hand and started to rub the knick in her neck. A small groan came from the other girl; it was her turn to find out she had a knick in her neck.
 
“Morning sleepy heads,” the two looked to the left were Yori stood smiling. “Morning,” they said in unison; Haruka covered her mouth as she yawned.
 
“What time is it mom?” Michiru looked outside; the sun was shining brightly, “9:50…” Michiru took off the blanket that was over them and sat on the edge of the couch and looked back at the blonde who looked like she still was half asleep. Today was the last day she would be able to spend with the blonde until she had to return home to North America. She stood from the couch and offered the blonde her hand which the blonde took.
 
“What?” the blonde looked to Michiru who was really staring at her, “Nothing…” Michiru couldn't help but smile Haruka's hair was having issues; the one side of the blonde's hair was sticking up, really sticking up. Haruka looked at her not sure of what she was looking at but didn't say anything.
 
“Are you guy's hungry? I can make some breakfast if you'd like,” Yori looked to the two.
 
“That would be great Yori,” Haruka stomach growled in anticipation of what was about to come; Yori left the two and went into the kitchen to cook for her family.
 
Michiru and Haruka went upstairs to get changed, Michiru went into her room and Haruka went into the bathroom. The blonde looked at her self in the mirror, her hair was sticking up straight almost, “So that is why she was staring at me,” she talked to her self.
 
After she fought with her hair Haruka went back downstairs and into the kitchen were a wonderful aroma started to fill the house, “Something smells good.” Yori smiled as Haruka entered the kitchen, the blonde sat at the table and waited for Michiru to come down which wasn't very long.
 
-------------------------------
 
The sun shined brightly in the sky not a fluffy cloud could be seen, the birds chirped happily as they looked for food. Two silhouette's walked under the shadows of the trees; the one had there arm linked with the other as they slowly made there way down the street. “It's such a beautiful day,” the shorter of the two looked up to the other.
 
“Yeah it sure is.” The two walked a little while with out saying a word but just enjoying each others company.
 
The sound of laughter echoed from down the street as a group of teenage girls made there way toward the two silhouettes. “Hey! There's Michiru with some cute guy…” the blonde with the piggy tails shouted at her friends; all the girls looked to were Usagi pointed. Once they saw the two from a distance Usagi and Minako raced to them leaving Makoto, Rei and Ami behind.
 
Michiru spotted the familiar group of girls coming their way and smiled; she tightened her grip on the blonde's arm. “Here comes Usagi and Minako,” before she got the last girl's name out of her mouth the two were already to them.
 
“Hello Michiru,” Usagi looked to Michiru then looked to the blonde on her arm and smiled. “Hello Usagi…Minako,” the two blondes warmly smiled.
 
“Who's your friend?” Michiru giggled at the blonde; of course she'd ask that. The two blondes started at the tall blonde not saying anything, this made Haruka feel slightly uncomfortable but they were very cute girls.
 
The three other girls finally made it to them, “Hi Haruka, Michiru,” Ami kindly smiled at her two good friends. Usagi and Minako looked surprised at Ami, “You know him?” Ami could feel her face turning red so she just smiled and put her head down slightly knowing well enough that he was a in fact she.
 
“Yes I know Haruka…I used to go to school with…”
 
Minako interrupted her, “You mean you know a hot guy and you never told us about it.”
 
Haruka looked back and forth between the two girls, “I hate to burst your bubble but…” Michiru poked her in the arm and looked at her and winked, she didn't want to spoil there fun they were having.
 
“Hey you two leave Ami alone,” Makoto talked in a loud voice causing Ami's face to deepen in its colour. Everyone knew Ami was easily red faced by such a topic.
 
“Usagi...Minako…Rei,” the three looked to Michiru, “this is my very good friend Haruka Tenoh.”
 
The three girls all stared again at the tall blonde, “Nice to meet you.”
 
Minako moved closer to Michiru and whispered in her eat, “Where'd you find such a handsome guy?” A smile formed on Michiru's lips “Actually she found me…” her smile deepened as she looked at Minako's confused face.
 
The long blonde haired girl looked to Haruka then back to Michiru who still smiled, “Wait a minute…Haruka is…a girl?” Michiru nodded her head. Minako looked to the taller blonde and grinned sheepishly, “But you look like a guy…a hot one at that.”
 
Haruka shrugged her shoulders, “Sorry to disappoint you.” Minako had a blank look on her face as she thought. “So Michiru and you are…together?”
 
“Do you guys want to join us for some ice cream?” Usagi was getting impatient she wanted her ice cream treat.
 
The walk to the ice cream store was rather quiet, Haruka and Michiru walked behind the group of girls so they could talk. “Are you ever going to tell them?” Michiru shrugged her shoulders but didn't say anything. They got to the store and ordered their treats; Usagi ordered the biggest ice cream there. Once all seven of them received there ice cream they headed for the near by park; Rei, Minako and Usagi sat on the swings while Ami, Makoto Michiru and Haruka sat at a picnic table not to far from the swings.
 
“When are you returning to America Haruka?”
 
“Too soon,” Michiru answered for the blonde; she didn't want her to leave she wanted her to stay for ever. Haruka looked to Michiru with a sad look in her eyes, “I leave tonight.
 
“You're coming back right?” Even though Makoto just met the tomboy a few days ago she really started to like her.
 
“I promised Michiru I would.”
 
---------------------------------------
 
Haruka and Michiru spent the rest of the afternoon with the girls; when they were about to leave they all gave Haruka a hug and told her to come back soon. Haruka really liked Michiru's friends; they were all so nice to her.
 
The two of them sat in the back yard of the Kaioh's house, they sat on a swing built for two that was attached to the tree; Michiru rested her head against the blonde's shoulder. The sun would soon disappear over the horizon making the sky a beautiful pinky purple colour; tomorrow was going to be a gorgeous day.
 
A sigh escaped Michiru's mouth as she looked to the sky that slowly turned black, “What's the matter Michiru?”
 
“You are leaving soon…” Michiru intertwined there hands; the blonde should have guessed what she was sighing over. “Well I don't leave for another,” she looked to her watch on her arm; it was fifteen minutes to nine “…two hours” her flight left at eleven thirty.
 
The two sat on the swing until Yori found them, “I hate to be the barrier of bad news but shouldn't you start getting packed Haruka?” The look in the tomboy's eyes said it all she didn't want to leave her friend.
 
She stood from the swing much to her and Michiru's dismay. “Yeah I guess you are right…”
 
Haruka stood in the guest bedroom that she spelt in since she arrived; sitting on the bed were all her clothes, she wondered how she would get them all to fit in her suitcases. Michiru had disappeared for awhile leaving the blonde to pack.
 
“Here Ruka…” a picture was shoved into her hands; it was a picture of her and Michiru on prom night just before they left. “Thanks Michi,” she placed the picture on top of her suitcase that was nearly packed then turned to face her.
 
“Well…” she scratched her head not knowing what to say. Michiru came closer to the blonde and put her arms around her resting her head on her chest; in turn Haruka put her arms around her and rested her head on top of her head. “You will come back right?” she tightened her grip and closed her eyes. The blonde smiled at such a silly question, “I already told you I would.”
 
“I know but I just had to ask again.”
 
“Michiru…Haruka…” Kei stood in the doorway of her room with a questioning look in his eyes; the way they were holding each other was kind of `different.'
 
“It's time to go.” The three words that Michiru was dreading to hear where spoken, she let go of the blonde so she could get her suitcases.
 
The ride to the airport was in silence, the two young girls sat in the backseat of Yori's car; Michiru tightly held onto the blonde's hand. When the airport came into view Michiru started to get this awful feeling in her stomach, the kind of feeling that you're never going to see this person again, that the love of your life will never return to you.
 
The four of them made there way inside the airport, Michiru held onto Haruka's hand like her life depended on it. Haruka checked her bags in, now all she had to do was wait for her airline to be called which wasn't a very long wait.
 
“Well Haruka…” Yori gave her a hug, “it was so nice of you to come,” Yori moved her mouth closer to her ear, “Thanks so much for being Michiru's friend…I can tell she really loves you.” A red tinge came to Haruka's face, “Thanks for letting me come.”
 
It was Kei's turn; he gave her a hand shake and patted her on the back. “You must come back and visit us and bring your father” Haruka smiled and nodded her head, “Of course.”
 
After the two said there goodbyes they left the two girls alone so they could say goodbye to each other. They slowly walked hand in hand to the metal detectors, “I guess this is good bye…sweetheart,” they stopped and looked at one another. Michiru liked the way Haruka called her sweetheart, it made her heart skip a beat.
 
`I don't want you to go…' without warning Michiru hugged the blonde tightly and buried her head in her chest. Haruka smiled sadly and brought her hand up to the back of Michiru's head and patted it. “I'll be back I promise.” This gave little hope to Michiru but it was the only hope she had. Haruka gently kissed her on the forehead; Michiru looked up into teal eyes.
 
“I have to go now…”
 
Michiru hesitantly let go of her “Okay…” it was no more then a whisper. Over the PA they announced Haruka's flight again and she really had to go. Haruka bent her head slightly and gently kissed Michiru`s mouth which she returned just a gently; she didn't want to let the blonde go she wanted to stay like this forever. She only kissed the blonde twice; she wanted to kiss her more but the stupid PA announced the flight again. The kiss ended, “I'll be seeing you then?”
 
Michiru hugged her one last time then let her go, “Yeah.”
 
Haruka smiled one last time then turned and walked through the metal detectors and onto her destination. Michiru watched as Haruka left her, she watched as the plane took off. The feeling she had earlier started to creep up on her again, `Will I ever see you again Ruka?'
 
-------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
14