Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted destinies ❯ A job at the castle ? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TWISTED DESTINIES
by Blue Dreamer (bluedreamer80@hotmail.com)
A Land Of Dreams : www.alandofdreams.com


Disclaimer: Sailor Moon is owned by all its respective owners, Naoko Takeuchi, et al. Any other characters in this story are copyright to me as well as the story itself.

Synopsis: A revolution has taken place in the Moon Kingdom... the only hope left for the King and Queen is to get their daughter to safety ... on Earth

Editor(s): UsagiSmores, Jessica and Alyson

Author's note : I wanted to thank UsagiSmores and Jessica for helping me edit this chapter and correct my mistakes. I also want to thank Alyson for her help and for giving me ideas on this chapter, and improving on the story and plot.


Chapter 04 : A job at the Castle ?

Millennium Moon Kingdom...

-"My Lord, if you need of any assistance ..." She started.

-"Thank you Beryl, but it would be better if you were only here to take care of my wife." The King answered bluntly while continuing his paperwork.

-"I could maybe help you out..." She insisted and approached the King and put her hand over his and tried her best seductive smile before adding "...in any way a woman can."

-"We hired you to take care of my wife and I see you're up to no good." the King answered back harshly as he pushed her hand away.

-"But- sir ? I was just trying-"

-"To seduce me?" He asked her, but it was more of a statement.

-"I am sure I could be more useful to you than that woman of yours!" She snapped angrily and tried to kiss him.

The King slapped her hard.

-"You're fired and I order you to leave the Kingdom immediately or else you will be executed !"

-"You can't do that!" Beryl exclaimed while begging for forgiveness with her eyes.

-"You better be out of this palace within the next half an hour or else ?"

Just then, the door opened and the Queen stepped inside with a content mood.

-"Darling, I am finally pregnant!" She told the King before noticing Beryl. "What are you doing here?" She asked her servant.

-"Ma'am, your husband has just fired me" Beryl stated.

-"What's the reason for that Darling?" the Queen asked her husband with a surprised tone.

-"I refused to sleep with him and that is-." Beryl tried to put her part in.

-"I am sorry to tell you this but I know how faithful my husband is and there is no way he would have set his eyes on you." The Queen simply said. "I am really disappointed with you." She added this calmly.

-"The two of you will pay and I will come back!" Beryl glared angrily as she was in a sudden rage.

-"For now, I am asking you to leave. Must I remind you that you've only got 20 minutes left now?"

She opened her mouth to say something but looked at them and closed it because there was nothing more to be said. Beryl, left the chambers of the King and shortly after was out of the palace. She left with one thought on her mind: 'I will get my revenge!'

~*~*~*~

Serena drifted out of her daze. She was having these strange dreams for some time now and now they were drifting into her life away from the night as well.

'Dreams?' She wondered silently, 'Or are they some kind of vision I am having?'

-"Are you ok Serena?" A concerned Endymion asked her.

-"I think so Darien." She answered. She tried to shake the image from her mind but was unsuccessful.

-"You're sure?" He insisted. He'd noticed that she seemed to be distracted and wanted to know what was the matter.

-"Well..." She trailed off. She looked at him and regained her composure. He laid a comforting hand on her own. "To be honest," She tried again, "Strange things seem to be happening to me."

His blue eyes showed his curiosity and concern.

She carefully said. "I've been having recurrent dreams of this place and each time it seems to get more and more detailed, but it's still kind of blurred in my mind."

- "What happens in your dreams?" He asked.

-"It's quite weird actually. It seems to be like a palace and ?" Serena tried to recall her dream some more and stopped mid-sentence.

-"And?" He prodded gently

-"Each time I try to recollect what happened in these dreams I seem to forget about it." Serena sighed and said, "It's so frustrating!"

-"Don't worry." Endymion said as he wrapped his hands around her waist. "Don't overdo it darling." He brushed a kiss against her cheek.

-"I better get back home before anyone notices my absence" Serena slowly said.

-"No problem really" He stood and helped her up, holding her soft hands longer than necessary.

They silently walked back towards Serena's home under the glow of the moon. Endymion kissed her goodbye before she got into her room through the window.

Endymion was amused to see how she had sneaked out of her place. After a few minutes he left for the palace.

~*~*~*~

Prince Charles' domain...

-"Where were you?" An angry man stared at him as Endymion got home.

-"Taking a nice walk outside" Endymion answered.

-"You are not to go without your guard" His uncle shouted.

-"Yeah, yeah." Endymion muttered, "I know."

-"I mean it Endymion! Please remember you are soon going back to England and the King would not forgive me if I failed my duties as your tutor" Prince Charles continued.

-"Uncle ? I am careful and I am not a young boy" He said "Must I also remind you that no one would ever think of kidnapping me as no one knows who I am."

-"Not for long" His uncle said.

-"What do you mean by that?" Endymion asked him a bit suspiciously.

-"In five days time your bride to be will be here and your going to make your first public appearance" Prince Charles said proudly.

-"My bride to be???" Endymion asked surprised.

-"Yes, your parents have found the right match with the Princess Rei of China."

-"I don't want to ?"

-"You don't have much of a choice" His uncle snapped back.

-"I never wanted to be King. I still don't want to be one. Why don't you take the throne and with that all the responsibilities" Endymion asked his uncle.

-"Thanks for the offer but I will have to decline." His Uncle said this in an amused tone. "I prefer my freedom here, to be honest."

-"So you can understand how I feel?" Endymion insisted.

-"Yes I can" He answered with a sad smile for the young man who would one day be King.

~*~*~*~

Back in Serena's bedroom...

-"Darien, I can't wait to see you again my love," Serena said softly before dozing off to sleep.

The next morning she woke up earlier than usual and surprised the whole household when she prepared the breakfast.

-"I guess there is hope for you after all" Ilene stated simply getting a glare from her husband.

As the whole family gathered around the table to eat, a knock at the door silenced them all and Ilene went to open it.

-"Mrs Tsukino I presume" A guard asked her.

-"Yes. What do you want ?" She asked him cautiously.

-"We need some people to come to Prince Charles's castle for the week?" The guard started but was interrupted by Ken who came to the door.

-"My daughters have enough work to do" He replied with a dismissive air.

-"Well, your taxes would be reduced in exchange. If I am not mistaken, taxes are to be paid before the end of this week. Isn't that right Mr. Tsukino ?" The guard smirked.

-"I?"

-"Daddy, let me go ? I will be a great experience." Serena quickly said. Serena quickly said with excitement evident in her voice.

-" YOU???" He roared in reply, "You're just a small child."

-"Only in your eyes daddy." She smiled sweetly.

-"Alright, you and Phoebe can go then," He stated.

-"But Dad, I don't want to go" Phoebe started to protest for which she received a stern glare from her father and just simply nodded. It was no use for her to try finding excuses. After all, she was not Serena TSUKINO.

-"Good to hear that then. A cart will come and pick your daughters tomorrow by 6 AM. Have them ready" The guard said and then left.

-"Hope you're not expecting Prince Charming to fall for a girl like you !" Ilene said roughly to Serena.

-"Of course not mum," Serena answered and giggled 'I've already got my own prince,' She thought.

-"What are you giggling about" Her father asked her with a questioning stare.

-"Err ? well, it's my first real job." She said.

-"Whatever," Phoebe grumbled to herself.

-"Now you better get going or else we won't be selling our milk" Ilene showed the girls out.

-"Yes mom" They answered in unison and left for their normal milk route.

~*~*~*~

In town...

Serena was on one side of the road while her sisters were on the other. As she was coming back towards the cart, strong arms caught her off guard and she was pulled into a dark ally.

-"Now where on earth is she ?" Phoebe lamented.

-"She can't be far off." Isabelle said calmly but she was a little worried though.

It was not for Serena to just disappear like that without notice. The two sisters kept on looking for a while and still no sign of Serena.

~*~*~*~

Meanwhile...

-"Darien what are you doing here ?" Serena stared into his eyes.

-"I had to come and see you," He said.

-"My sisters are right here," She continued.

-"Come with me, Sere." He tempted her.

-"I would love to ? but ? they would get so worried." Serena said as she pointed towards the two girls who seemed to be searching for her.

-"Just one kiss and I shall depart my princess." He said seriously to which Serena eagerly complied.

-"Guess what sweetheart ? I am going to work at the Castle for one week starting from tomorrow. Isn't that great?"

Before waiting for any kind of answer Serena ran back towards her sisters, apologizing a million times for the fright she had given them. Her made up excuse was a klutz attack and the sisters believed her.

The three of them left leaving behind a stunned Endymion who could not do anything but curse his fate.


~*~*~*~

That's it for now. Please let me know if you like the chapter so far by REVIEWING this fic Please ?!? (I'm doing my best puppy face right now)

^_^ = lots of reviews appreciated

If you want to stay informed on the story go and check out my mailing list and at the same time, please leave a nice note in my guestbook.

Thanks

Blue Dreamer