Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Water Veil ❯ Water Veil ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Water Veil
 
Notes: Must…stop…writing…new…fan…fiction! I was inspired by watching clips of Kingdom Hearts 2 on YouTube…so yeah blame it on YouTube.
 
Summary: Sailor Moon/ Kingdom Hearts Crossover. Takes place during a combined timeline between the Silver Millennium and events just before Kingdom Hearts 1.
 
After the Moon Princess was kidnapped by the Heartless the next world to fall prey to the darkness was Mercury. Possibly the sole survivor of her world's destruction Ami tries to start life anew in Traverse Town. However, not everything in her past can be simply abandoned. As strangers and more Heartless pour into her new home Ami has to deal with her own demons in addition to the growing darkness.
 
Parings: None just yet (open to suggestions)
 
Warnings: Mild OOC, some angst but not much.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon, Final Fantasy, or anything else readily recognizable.
 
Chapter One:
Raining Stars
 
A lone yellow streetlamp illuminated the pathway that she followed, footsteps lightly pattering against the wet cobblestone as water fell from a gloomy sky above. A slender hand curled around the handle of a well-worn umbrella of navy blue. Sheltered underneath it was a weary lone traveler. Dark blue bangs of her hair brushed against a knitted worried brow as azure eyes drank in her surroundings. A winding street vacant of any sort of being, not a soul to be seen, still she sense an air of ill-ease so she edged closer to the lamp light, vigilant even though it was a few steps away.
 
Now standing in a pool of light she could clearly see the surroundings. Building constructed out of wood and brick lined the streets, in fact behind her was an outdoor café with wooden tables and chair placed perfectly yet they seemed to have been empty for a long time since one could see wisps of cobwebs forming on the snuffled out candles centerpieces. Turning around the young woman faced a staircase, which lead to a storefront…the only place with a light still on and from the shadows being cast against the frosted window someone was moving inside.
 
She placed one foot out of the lamp light to head towards the storefront; but paused when something caught the corner of her eye. Looking over her right shoulder the young woman peered into the darkness. Nothing…or at least anything she could see. A chill rippled down her spine, while her feet went from tentative movement to actually lighting on the bottom step, steadily climbing; slowed only by the brief glances she tossed to the street behind her.
 
 
Meanwhile inside the shop heavy footsteps could be heard as a rough hand flipped over a wooden sign in the window, changing the words from `Open' to `Close'.
Outside the young woman raised her hand to knock but stopped momentarily when she felt a now familiar shiver overtake her. Very reluctantly her head turned, at first she saw nothing but shadows cast by the lighted windows of the shop directly in front of her.
 
These shadows however…moved of their own accord.
 
A match struck against the stone fireplace, a spark then a wavering flame appeared before being tossing amongst the logs. Just as the shop keeper sank into the chair directly across from the fire there was a loud `crash' heard outside. An annoyed twitch formed over his right eye before shoving himself back to his feet, muttering curses under his breathe as he trudged to open the front door.
 
As soon as the door opened light poured out onto the street and the noises grew in volume and clarity.
 
“Hey!” the shopkeeper yelled, peering out to the dark streets, “Take your fight somewhere else! Some of us are trying to get some sleep…” his gruff voice trailed off as the light from his shop revealed the participants in the struggle.
 
Her lips parted in a whisper as the now closed umbrella emitted a light blue glow from the silver tip.
 
The `glow' shot up into the air. There was the briefest of pauses before a sudden `rain' of silver daggers pelted the ground, attempting to pin the shadow creatures.
 
The Heartless creatures managed to dodge the barge by sinking into the ground, then circling around her. She watched as they encircled like vultures trying to enclose around her.
 
Suddenly one behind her emerged from the ground to leap at her. Before she could even react the young woman found herself laying flat against the cobblestone. Raindrops fell onto her upturned face as she struggled to throw off the first Heartless only to be weighed down as even more of the shadow beings tried to stifle her.
 
A small hand moved to grasp the umbrella turned magical conductor, but it fell mere inches short of brushing against it. As the dark beings coiled tightly around her dark blue eyes fluttered close while in the back of her mind knowing it was the end.
 
The same eyes opened hours later. Her vision was blurry for a moment, a quick blink showed it to be a room lavishly decorated in fiery crimson, gold, and lacquer black. Instead of lying against hard stone it was a large four-poster bed draped in silks which matched the four walls, the door, and the floor.
 
A large mural of an imperial dragon stretched from one end of the room to the other, the mouth open to reveal a large red door, which at the moment decided to open, allowing a slender figure in a pink dress to enter.
 
“I am just going to check up on…” the woman's soft voice stopped when her emerald gaze fell upon her guest, who was wide awake.
 
The woman standing in the doorway opened it slightly, revealing yet another room decorated in an oriental theme, leaning forward the young woman could see other people walking around the room, some of the voices she could pick up, yet she didn't recognize. The door closed behind the lady dressed in pink as she dared to tread closer to their `guest'.
 
“Good afternoon,” the woman said brightly, her dark green eyes soft with compassion, while her footfalls brought her to the bedside.
 
Unsure if this was truly another human being or one in league with the creatures the blue haired woman stumbled over the other side of the bed and moved to the nightstand where her trusty `umbrella' was resting. While snatching the object she accidentally caused a glass dragon to fall of the nightstand and smash on the floor.
 
Following the crash there was a tense silence that settled between the two, the blue-haired stranger holding her umbrella out almost as if it was a weapon.
 
“Who are you?” she finally spoke.
 
The woman in pink merely smiled, “Funny. I was about to ask you the same thing. But don't worry; we're not here to hurt you.”
 
Slowly the young woman lowered her `weapon' “We?” she asked.
 
At this the other nodded, “Yes. Cid, Yuffie, and myself. Cid was the one who rescued you from the Heartless when they attacked you two days ago. You were asleep for so long that we began to worry about you.”
 
“Why worry about someone who you don't even know?” she inquired.
 
Without hesitation the other woman extended a welcoming right hand, “Because like you, we've lost our home world. We want to help you, the way others have helped us.”
 
Relaxing her guard further umbrella rested at her side, but a small flash of light and where there once was a simple object was replaced by a long silver staff. It was about the same width as the umbrella, only longer, the surface had cravings of intricate designs and ancient symbols. The tip held a large sapphire stone `floated' while encased by a ball of glass, a dark blue tassel dangled from the opposite end.
 
Having revealed the true nature of her weapon the young woman took it one step further by accepting the offered hand and giving a brief shake.
 
“I am Ami Mizuno,” she said softly, still uncertain about giving her name to a complete stranger.
 
“I am Arieth. It's nice to meet you Ami.”
 
Still clasping Ami's hand the woman Arieth leads her towards the door while propping it open with her left.
 
“Come on, I'll introduce you to the others.”
 
 
Notes: I know short chapter…and isn't really some of my `best' work either but the plot bunnies were literally chewing on my legs until I agreed to write it. Please review, oh and if you wish toss out a suggestion for pairings.