Saint Seiya Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Heart ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: And I finally decided to start thing. I wasn’t going to work on this until I finished my other fic Second Chance, but I found a half finished chapter of this on my computer, and things took off from there. This started when I was reading the part in the manga where it shows Nakago blowing things up in Tokyo. A part of my mind wondered where Seiya and the other Saints where and why they weren’t doing anything to stop Nakago. ^^;; That set off a though process that would eventally end in this fic.

********

There were many woman in this city, woman of all shapes and sizes. Yet one woman riding in a limo was confident that none were as beautiful as she was. Even if she hadn’t had men staring at her as she walked, hadn’t had women gazed at her in abject envy.

Her car passed a large sign that was advertising a new brand of expensive perfume. Her image was on that sign. The woman smirked. The world knew her as Venus, one of the most famous Greek models. It amused her to see that mortals worshiping her and not even knowing there were doing it.

“And this is why I should be in charge of the earth.” Venus muttered under her breath. At last her limo reached her home, a lavish mansion that drew much attention. It was the way she preferred thing. As she neared the door, one of her servants opened it for her. She smiled. Her training had paid off him. When she walk past him the sever vent spoke.

“The young master has asked me to inform you that he has news about the….disturbance.” Venus swung her head around.

“Did he say what kind of news?” She snapped. The servant shook his head.

“I’m afraid not my lady.” With a snarl the beautiful woman stalked to her rooms. News could wait, she wanted a bath to rid of her of the stink of this mortal city first. Only after she had had her bath and her servants had helped her with her makeup and dress, and then done her hair did she feel ready to hear her underlings so called news.

She made her way toward the very back of the house. There was one dead end hallway that the servants were not allowed to enter. Venus walked toward the end of the hallway…and went right through the wall. On the other side was a portion of the house that most of her underlings never saw. She doubted they would have recognized this place as it was now anyway. The center had been renovated into one huge room that had columns placed on both sides. The floor and walls had been replaced with marble and the whole decorated with silk. At the end of the room a there was placed a large throne like chair. Walking into the room was like walking in to a temple.

It was exactly the affect she had wanted. She seated herself on the throne the waved toward one of the walls.

“You may come in now, Eros.” A handsome young man walked out from behind a pillar. He smiled as he dropped to one knee before her.

“You look well today, Lady Aphrodite.” He said.

“Enough with the pleasantries. You’ve found out information about what happened a few months ago?” The goddess snapped. That had nearly been a disaster for her. Nearly six months ago someone, a frighteningly strong human, had ripped a swath through a section of Tokyo. She has still been in the process of gathering her warriors and had just set up base in Japan. At first she though Athena had found her, then realized that annoyingly pure and righteous Athena would never attack civilians. She had assumed then that it was another god, one who wished to challenge Athena. That the massive cosmo of a god had appeared shortly after that seemed to confirm her suspicions.

At that time she had only two warriors at her disposable. Of them, only one was a real fighter and she did not want to waste Eros, so had been forced to sit and wait. After a time, the cosmo of another god had appeared…and then shortly after the other god had vanished. Then there was an explosion of cosmo and this new god had returned everything to the way it been before the warrior had started his rampage. No one even remembered that it had happened!

Aphrodite wanted to know who those gods had been, and most importantly she wanted to know why they had been able to command such power. Gods were not suppose to be able to affect the mortal world like that anymore. They all had their powers sealed and in order to affect the world had to descended and take on these disgusting mortal forms. But if there were gods that had managed to find a way around the rule, if there she could find them and get it to teach it to her…then…then she would be able to show everyone on Olympus that she truly was Athena’s better and far more worthy of their attention then she was.

“Cassandra has managed to see something. She says she know the identity of those who appeared in the city.” Eros said.

“And, who are they? From which Parthenon?” Aphrodite leaned forward.

“She wouldn’t tell me, my lady. She claimed should only infrom you of what she has discovered personally.” Aphrodite growled and stood up with a soft swish of her gown.

“Damn that annoying girl. She being contrary again” The goddess turned and stalked away from her throne, and headed toward a door that was conciliated by silken drapes.

“Are you coming or not?” She called to Eros. The young man stood and followed her into a long sloping hall. It lead down into a circular bedroom. Although the bed room was decorated as lavishly as the rest of the house, there were no windows here and the only way out was the single door that Aphrodite come. There was only one person in the room, a young woman who was sitting in a chair listening to some annoying pop song on the radio.

“Cassandra!” The goddess snapped. The young woman shut off the radio then stood and curtsied.

“Lady Aphrodite.” She said softly, then looked up at her goddess. Aphrodite shuttered. The girl before her had once had a name other than Cassandra, but the goddess hadn’t bothered to remember what it was. The moment she had convinced the girl to don the featureless mask of gold that covered the upper half of her face, she had become Cassandra and Aphrodite could care less about who she was. The mask itself had been a gift to her from Apollo. It enhanced the gifts those who were gifted with the ability to see the future and allowed them to see into the past as well. It was a valuable tool….but one that was highly unpredictable. The past visions it granted were nearly as unpredictable as the ones of the future, although the past was set in stone. And this Cassandra had a great gift before she donned the mask. With it she was some times able to control the visions. Aphrodite could not risk loosing her.

“Well?” She barked at the seer. “What did you find?”

“I saw that long ago that four or five gods grew tired to the restrictions that had been placed upon them. They wished to use their full powers, and the only way for them to do that was to pass their own divine abilities onto a pure mortal girl.” Aphrodite hissed in disgust at the thought of a mere human allowed to wield the gods power. “But these girls were only able to use the power three times before the died from the strain. These gods grew tired to this. They decided to create their own world, one in which they would be able to use their powers as they saw fit.”

“And did they? Did they manage to create their own world?” Eros asked eagerly. Normally Aphrodite would have punished Eros for speaking out of turn but she was to intrigued at the moment. To have the hubris to actually try and create a world….

“They create a world within ours. It was not truly complete, because it still relied on this one to survive. And I assume they failed. They still could not use their powers as they wanted to. They were trapped in this world they had created and they were still bound by the same rules that existed in this world. Because their world was incomplete they had to use what limited control they still had here to draw a girl from this world into theirs. That was the only way the could manifest.”

“Very interesting, but why were they here, how where the able to escape?” Aphrodite snapped.

“They were not, or at least not totally. Seiryu’s mortal priestess managed to escape back to this world by using the power the god had given her. It was she that summoned one of her warriors, a named Nakago to this world. He is the one that was causing the havoc.”

“There were two gods out there girl. Did you find out who the other one was?”

“Yes. Suzaku’s priestess was also in this world. She summoned that god and used it’s power to seal Seiryu away, then used to it return everything to the way it was. Suzaku then returned to the book” Aphrodite sighed.

“So now I know that I won’t have to deal with them causing trouble for me anytime soon.” The goddess of love sighed. “It’s not much but it’s one less thing for me to worry over. Considering their using methods I doubt would work against Athena, the rest was of your information was useless to me.”

“There is one more thing.” Cassandra said quickly.

“It had better be good, girl.” Aphrodite snarled.

“The souls of the warriors that Seiryu commanded are not at rest. They were drawn to this world by the priestess but when the god was sealed. Now they cannot find their way back to their world, and because there are not truly of our world, but from a mere shadow of it, Hades will not let them into his relem.”

“What does that have to do with me?” Aphrodite glared, then stopped and let a small smile grow. “No…this might be of use to me.” She nodded at the girl then turned and beconed Eros to her side as she left the room.

*****

Outside Eros looked at her.

“If I may enquire…what are you think of my lady?” Aphrodite grinned.

“You heard Cassandra dear Eros. My Uncle does not want those souls. They are not affected by the rules since they are not suppose to exist in this world…so.” Aphrodite smirked. “I don’t see a reason anyone object to me seeing I could….give them a place to belong as it where.” Eros smiled.

“I see no reason either. You are truly as wise as you are beautiful, my lady Aphrodite.”

“Of course, I am Eros, of course I am.”