Saint Seiya Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors Heart ❯ Chaper One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hyoga wanted to go back to Siberia. He wanted to visit the place that held both the most memories of his mother, and that held almost all the memories of his childhood, both the good and bad ones. But the Cygnus Saint didn’t dare leave Japan, not when they had no clue what was happening here.

It had been nine months ago. After the fight against Hades, when they had all recovered from their wounds even Seiya, Saori had given them leave to go where they wished while she remained behind to orginize the repairs of Sanctuary. Shun and Seiya had stayed behind to protect her, while he and Shiryu had left. The Dragon Saint had lost his master as well, and Hyoga knew how much pain he was going through.

He hadn’t been in Siberia long when an urgent message had come from Graude Foundation telling him go to Tokyo now. Since it had been from Saori he had hurried back…only to find that everything was peaceful in Japan. Shiryu had been recalled too, but the brief annoyance that had was washed away when Saori explained the circumstances.

She had told them that one of the Steel Saints had sent and urgent message. A man with an incredibly powerful Cosmo, someone that rivaled a Gold Saint in power, was tearing through the city. The Steels Saints had offered to try and stop him, but Saori had told them to wait. The Bronze Saints had reached Tokyo as fast as they could…but found the city just as it as when Hyoga and Shiryu had returned. The Steel Saints had claimed to have no memory of sending the message. It has seemed to real to a simple prank, and then when Saori had looked at images from one of the satellites had clearly showed an area of destruction in the middle of the city. That area now showed no signs of damage. Saori also said there were the remains of the cosmos from two powerful gods still lingering over the city.

It had puzzled all of them. Had another god risen to fight Athena? Were they just biding their time until the right moment to attack? Everyone had stayed in Tokyo, waiting for an attack…one that never came. Weeks turned into months until after six months even Athena was tired to waiting around. They had all left once again, although this time Saori had ordered Nachi, Geki and Ichi to stay behind in case anything happened.

They had been gone for nearly a week when the three Bronze Saints had sent an urgent message. A the same time the media began reporting that a strange island had appeared just off the coast. They had immediately set off for Japan, but by the time they had gotten there, the island had been gone.

Once again there had been the linger traces of a gods cosmo in certain areas of the city. This time people remembered it, and although the city officials dismissed it as a mass hallucination, they knew what it really was.

It was too much a of a coincidence that these strange things had happened right after they left, then disappeared when they came close and that each involved gods that they had never seen. Athena had decided that she would stay here until she could discover something about these strange attacks. Marin, one of the highest ranked and most respected Saints left, had been put in charge of Sanctuary for the time being.

All this was fine but the threat seemed faraway now that there now and boredom had set in. Seki had been brought back to Japan in the hopes that it would help jog her memory some more, while even Shunrei had turned up after Saori had sent a message to her. The Chinese girl had been worried about Shiryu and was now trying to help where she could. Not that there was much for her to do. Aside from a rash of strange incidents before that strange island had appeared, there was nothing. It was become frustrating and Hyoga kept longing for the plains of Siberia.

He had taken to walking around the city out of restlessness. He had stopped by this empty park to rest and think. The Cygnus Saint was sitting on a bench, head titled back as he watched the clouds go by when a voice spoke up behind him.

“Hyoga? What are you doing here?” The blond tilted his head back so he could see the speaker.

“Probably the same thing you are Shun.” Hyoga straitened as he spoke then turned to face the Andomdea Saint.

“I guess.” The younger boy was dressed for running, and was still breathing slightly heavily. He smiled. “Well it’s not like we have else to do I guess.” Shun walked over and sat down on the bench too.

“Has there been any kind of news?” Hyoga asked his friend. Shun shook his head.

“No change when I left. We’re still no closer to finding out happened here.”

“I hate waiting like this.” The Cygnus Saint said. “And I hate not knowing who were fighting. Even knowing that a mad god or goddess is trying to destroy the world is better then not knowing who our enemies are or what their up too.” Shun nodded sympathetically.

“I wish something would happen.” Hyoga finished .

Almost as if Hyoga had summoned it, a dark cosmo appeared in an alley near the two Saints. Shun and Hyoga jumped and stared at each other in disbelief before taking off toward the alley. They cosmo had had appeared was full of hatred and rage. Hyoga had no clue who had just appeared but it was clear that it was an enemy. They reached the alley way only to find nothing there.

Suddenly they felt the cosmo moving away at a high speed. They looked at each other.

“Should we tell someone?” Shun asked. Hyoga shook his head.

“No time!” Shun nodded and the two took off after the strange cosmo.

*********

Both Saints stood and stared at the high school in front of them. It was hard to believe that a building this normal held their quarry.

“Hyoga, this is right, isn‘t it?” Shun asked, the uncertainty clear in voice. The Cygnus Saint nodded. He could feel the dark, savage feral Cosmo they had been tracking had finally stopped here and he knew that Shun could as well. It just seemed odd when compared to the incredibly peaceful scene of students exiting their school at the end of the day. Hyoga watched them drift off as Shun looked thoughtfully at the building.

“Now what do we do?” The younger boy asked. Several students walked by, and more than one turned to stare at them, then whisper something to their companions.

“We could try going inside. I don‘t think whoever it was could hide for long with both of searching for him.” Hyoga answered. Shun looked at him then shook his head.

“I don’t think that would work very well. What if whoever we’re tracking is a student or something?” Shun pointed out. Hyoga winced but agreed. He doubted that even the name of Saori Kido would spare them if the just walked in and grabbed a student. Somehow he doubted the teachers would listen when they talked about Cosmos and threatening auras that most people couldn’t see or sense.

“I guess we’ll have to figure something out.” The Cygnus saint said. As he finished, a group of girls from the school walked by. They had been whispering with each other and as the got neared the two Saints one of the group pushed her friend out in front. The unfortunate girl gulped the waved shyly at Shun. The Andromeda saint sweat dropped, but waved back smiling uncertainly as he did so. The rest of the girls squealed, then ran past the two of them, grabbing their friend as they did so. Hyoga smirked.

“Don’t say anything.” Shun muttered. Then he looked back at the school. “Whoever it is hasn’t moved in a while. We could go back and get the others.” He suggested. Hyoga thought for a moment.

“You go back and get the others. I’m going to stay here and keep track of whoever this is.”

“Good idea.” Shun nodded. “I wanted to tell Saori-san about….” The Andromeda Saints sentence was cut short but both the feminine scream that rang out from the back of the school as well as the sudden rage and bloodlust that suddenly erupted in the strange cosmo. Both Saints reacted without thinking, and sprinted towards the sound of the scream. No one stopped them as students and teacher ran past them, headed for the gates and babbling about monsters and wolves as the did so.

 

*********

Yui turned as she rounded one of the schools corners. She had forgotten one of her books outside during Lunch and had only just no remembered were it was. A sudden sound behind her caused her to turn just a something large slammed into her.

“YYYUUUIIII!” The ex-priestess sighed.

“What is it Miaka?” She asked her friend. Maika sniffed as she hung on her friend.

“Mr. Tanaka’s-giving-a-quiz-tomorrow-but-I-don’t-know-what-we-talked -about-today-because-I-fell-asleep-in-his-class-and-that’s-why-his-gi ving-the-quiz-and-I-need-your-help-to-study!” She wailed in a rush. Yui sweat dropped then smiled and shook her head. Miaka never changed.

“Alright. I don’t have anything else to do today. Let me get my book and then we can go home to study.”

“Yui!” Her friend looked at her with a huge smile and tear filled eyes.

“But that means we can’t stop by Taka’s work!” Yui held up her hand to stall her friends denial. “Don’t you need good grades to keep your Mom off your back about having an older boyfriend?” Miaka winced but nodded as the two continued toward the tree were the had eaten their lunch. “Cheer up, maybe Taka can come and help us after he gets back off work.”

“He will!” Miaka said perking up immediately. “I’ll call him right now!” Her friend whipped out her cell phone and was already calling Taka before Yui could even sweat drop.

“Ummm, Miaka….” The former-Suzaku priestess ignored the blonde, instead listening intently to the rings on the other end, until her face fell.

“He’s not answering!” She said and glared at the phone.

“Doesn’t his boss make him turn it off when he starts work? You were complaining about it the other day.” Yui reminded her friend. Maika sweat dropped.

“Oh yeah.” Miaka shut of her cell phone and sighed. Yui grinned.

“Lets go to my house. We can get started, then you can call Taka when he gets off of work.” Maiak still looked down. Yui shook her head then brought out her ultimate weapon. “A client sent Mom a thank you gift of a bunch of cakes. She said that she doesn’t eat sugar, but can’t let them go to waste, so I can do what I want with them.” Miaka’s head came up fast her eyes widened. Then she grabbed her friend wrist.

“Come on Yui! Studying is the most important part of a students life you know.”

“Hey Miaka quit dragging me around….” Yui sentence was interrupted my a vicious howl suddenly echoed off the school buildings. All the students froze. The others were looking around for the source of the noise in curiosity, while Miaka and Yui had gone pales, memories of a world that was not this one entering their minds. Miaka laughed nervously.

“There must be some one playing a prank.” Yui nodded. It couldn’t have been him, he died in the book months ago and Seriyu’s been sealed anyway…..

“Come on Miaka lets go.” Yui started forward then froze as something behind her swelled, an auaur of death and destruction welling up behind her. Heart hammering she turned around just as something dark leapt at the two of them. She yanked Miaka to the ground and something scythed over their heads, leaving grooves in the cement school building. A stone chips stuck her cheek drawing blood. Yui looked up, and meet a pair of mad eyes.

“Ashitare.” She whispered as someone screamed. The werewolf turned his head toward the sound then apparently whipped his head.

“Priestess.” He growled and Yui wasn’t sure if he was talking to her or Miaka. She had only seen the wolf-man once or twice when Nakago had decided she need to see him.

“Ashitare” She said firmly and stood.

“Yui?” Maika asked, but the blond ignored her friend.

“I am a the priestess of Seriyu. I order you to tell me what your doing here!” She wasn’t even sure Ashitare remember who she was, but she had no other ideas. She doubted she and Miaka would be able to out run him and she knew he had managed to kill a one of Miaka’s warriors. They needed time, and if she could just convince Ashitare that she was till Seriyu’s priestess…

“Seiyu..is no more. That’s what she said..” The werewolf growled. “So…I don’t have to listen to you!” Ashitare lunged forward, Yui stumbled backwards and then

“Diamond Dust!” Someone shouted. Ashitaure jumped backward as a blast of cold almost hit him and two young men leapt between them and the wolf man.

“Are you alright?” The boy with green haired asked them. Yui nodded. He smiled.

“Good.” He turned around. “You two had better get out of here now.”

“Yui!” Maika scrambled over to her friends side. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Yui assured her. She stood and puller her friend to her feet.

“What?”

“Lets go.” Yui tugged on her friends hand. “Come on..”

“But…” Miaka glanced back at the two boys, swallowed and then ran in the opposite direction with her friend.

*****

Hyoga heard the girls run away. That was good, now he wouldn’t have to worry about them as well. He kept his eyes on the enemy they had been tracking. He had faced many thing since becoming a Saint but never something like this.

“Who are you?” He asked the…man before him. He….no it growled and lunged at him. Hyoga leapt out of the way of it’s claws and wished that he had brought his cloth.

“Hyoga, are you alright?” Shun asked.

“Fine.” He called back. “But it doesn’t look like this thing is going to be answering any questions.”

“Yeah.” Shun gulped. “What are you?” The wolf didn’t answer but started to charge again.

“DIAMOND DUST!” Hyoga’s attack hit the creature dead on, and slammed it into a wall. The Cyngus Saint relaxed only to realize that the creature was climbing to it’s feet again.

“It’s still alive?” Shun said stunned. Hyoga prepared to launch another attack. Whatever this wolf-thing was, it couldn’t be allowed to attack innocent people.

Before the Cygnus saint could finish, a bright light lanced into the round in front of him. Hyoga and Shun leapt away on reflex, just before the ground exploded. As they landed Hyoga caught a dust obscured figure landing next to the wolf creature.

“Who are you?” Hyoga yelled. The figure said nothing as it reached over and threw something over the beasts head….then both disappeared. The two Saints rushed forward, but there was nobody there.

“Teleportation?” Shun guessed as the scanned the area. The sounds of sirens came from behind them. Hyoga glanced back.

“We had better get out of here.” The Cygnus Saint said firmly. Shun nodded and the two left as quietly as they could.