Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Voyager in a Storm ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Voyager in a storm - Chapter 5

The'li and Alberich were running up the stairs, on their way to the Leo Temple, each sunken in their own thoughts. Let's have a look at what played in their respective minds…

Alberich was watching the beautiful curves of The'li's body as she was running before him, and he thought of Mime and the way he had died for her. In a way, he had thought she would have revived him, but she didn't in the end. So after he had felt rather stupid for not sacrificing himself and thus earning her eternal gratitude, he now praised himself for it. He got rid of Mime without having to do anything for it, and now had The'li all to himself. Hehehe, it was just perfect. He glared at The'li again, she definitely was worth looking at, and he might get another conquest here instead of adorning his amethyst forest.

The'li had totally different things on her beautiful mind, and they involved the birds and the bees, so let's just give her some privacy.

Suddenly a light voice like of angels filled the summer air and a long and perfectly manicured finger pointed ahead of them.

"Look, there is Leo Temple, we're almost there Alberich!!!"

It was The'li who made a very clever remark, noting that the Temple was not far anymore. Alberich nodded, acknowledging that she was right. He was thinking about an equally clever remark that he could make, but right at that moment, someone stepped in their way. It was a woman Saint, wearing a mask, and she held her hands in front of her, to stop them. Alberich recognised her as a friend of the woman he had once defeated, and stepped in front of The'li, as if to protect her. He took a defensive stance, and addressed the Saint.

"Hah!! I know why you are here, you are jealous of Theli's beauty, which is in big contrast to your face that you have to cover by that mask!! But beware, for I will not let you lay one finger on her, you hear me!!!"

His voice raised, and with determination shining in his eyes, he looked very much like the Asgard warrior people feared. The'li looked at him in admiration, but then hugged him from behind, ruining the entire effect.

"Alby sweetie, you are just the best!!!! Thank you so much!!!! But I don't think this woman is here threatening us, am I right?"

This last question was directed at the woman standing before them, while Alberich stood completely still, enjoying the feeling of The'li's arms around him. He had to admit that the fact she was hugging him so tightly made him forget the anger he felt because she spoiled his whole mise-en-scène of the fearless warrior.

The woman in front of them took off her mask, revealing a beautiful face, and big green eyes staring at them, a twinkle shining in those green orbs. Alberich thought it was a mocking light, but before he could say anything, the girl talked.

"You are right Theli, I'm not here to threaten you. Quite on the contrary, I am here to warn you!! You should not go on to Leo Temple, Aiolia has come back from the Hades under evil influence. He will only come to his senses when a living creature dies before his eyes. It's way too dangerous for you to go there."

The girl had a pleading sound in her voice, but Alberich took a step forward and waved his fist in front of her face.

"Do you honestly think you will be able to fool us with that innocent look? Pah, we have gone through more than that, and we'll not be scared by some fairy tale like you are telling!!!"

The'li put a hand on his arm, and softly shook her head, making her long curly golden hair wave around her like a waterfall.

"I think she is telling the truth Alberich!!!"

She looked up at the next Temple, a grave look on her face, but instead that it made her look more ugly, like for so many people, it made her even more angelic and beautiful.

"But we can't back out now, we have already come this far, we must go to the end, we simply must!!!!"

She turned to the Saint in front of her, and took the girl's hands in hers. Her eyes were two big pools of thankfulness and hope. In her sweetest voice she spoke.

"Shaina, with Saints like you around, things must simply end well, they must. But I want to ask you for a favour. If something should happen to me in Leo Temple, please tell my love that I would give my life for him, and that I would definitely come back if he came to look for me."

"But… who?"

The'li simply smiled, baring her white teeth.

"You'll know, you'll know."

She let go of Shaina's hands, turned to Alberich and nodded.

"Let's go!!!"

Alberich nodded back and followed her as her light steps took her upstairs, she almost seemed like she was flying. Alberich tripped once on his way up, and fell flat on his face, but The'li rushed by his side, waved a hand over his face, thus erasing all marks of him having fallen, and off they were.

When they arrived at the entrance of the Temple, The'li stopped and turned to Alberich, who nearly bumped into her.

"Alberich, I would like you to wait here for me, I don't want you to get hurt…"

She was going to say something more, but he put his finger on her lips and spoke as silent as her, although his voice didn't sound nearly as angelic.

"Shhh… I'm not going to let you go in there alone, I … I …"

But his throat was suddenly full of emotion, and he could not speak on. He swallowed hard and did his best to get a grip on himself. The'li took his hand and kissed it.

"Thank you! I knew I could count on you. I just don't want you to get hurt!"

Alberich shook his head furiously.

"With you beside me, I know I'll be fine. And I on my turn will protect you!"

He wasn't sure when exactly it happened, but in the short period of time since he knew The'li, she had become the most important person in his life. And moreover, he wasn't reluctant to show it to her either. He wouldn't be so open if anybody else was around, but with her... Just when he wanted to grab her hands to kiss them, she turned away and took a step forward, which made him lose his balance and bump into her. He was afraid he would fall on top of her, but she did not move, she stood as firm as the eternal mountain, and she didn't seem to have noticed his clumsiness, to his great relief.

At the moment she started to walk on, she suddenly gasped. Alberich looked in the same direction as her, but had no idea what could have caught her attention like that. Then The'li took a few steps and started moving her hands, as if she was grasping into thin air. Alberich approached, and when he got really close, he saw what she was doing. There was a spider web, with a huge spider, which clearly fed himself thoroughly lately, and in the spiderweb a tiny little fly had been caught, and was struggling to get free. The'li gently helped it out, without as much as damaging the spider web. It seemed to Alberich that the spider was waving about its legs in an angry fit, but The'li bent closer and whispered something Alberich couldn't understand, and now he had the impression that the spider blushed! No, that was impossible, he was dreaming. He rubbed his eyes thoroughly, and opened them in time just to see The'li set the little fly free, which happily flapped its wings and flew off.

The'li turned to Alberich and happily smiled. He just stood there, staring at her, really not knowing what to say. He tried several times though, opening and closing his mouth without a sound that came out of it. She just tilted her head and patiently waited for him to say something after all. But he finally shook his head and gestured towards the abysmal dark inside of the temple.

They walked into the temple together, until they stood face to face with Aiolia, who wavered on his feet dangerously, as if he could fall any moment. When The'li wanted to approach to help him stand still, he suddenly looked up, his bloodrun eyes seemed to shine with a crimson light. Alberich put his hand on The'li's arm, holding her back. He recognised that look in the other man's eyes, it was the look of a bloodthirsty killer, a look he himself wore often enough.

"Don't approach, it's too dangerous!!!"

The'li wanted to say something to calm Alberich down, that she would fix it, when Aiolia attacked without warning. The'li took the stance to counter the attack, but Alberich, recognising himself in Aiolia, just grabbed her in his arms, and turned her around, so he would stand in between her and the uncoming attack. The shock of seeing Alberich ready to sacrifice himself made her fall on her knees and look up at him, her beautiful emerald eyes shining with unshed tears.

At that moment, Aiolia moved at lightspeed to come up to them in an instant. He grabbed Alberich by the neck, roared "Shineeeeeee!!!!!!" and punched him in the face, so he flew right into one of the pillars, making it break and fall on top of Alberich. The'li sobbed and squealed heartily

"Stop it!!! He's my brother, I don't want him to die, please stop it!!!"

Aiolia just roared with laughter!!!!

"Bwaaaahahaha, die he will, die you all will!!!!"

The'li suddenly remembered Shaina's words though, and stood up in a hurry, making her long hair flow around her with a golden shine, thus attracting Aiolia's attention. She stood in front of him, and for a moment, his eyes turned normal, when he was put under the spell of the beauty of her ivory face, and her golden hair. But then they went red again, and he yelled!!!

The'li didn't let herself be impressed by his rage, but tried to have all the love she had for the human race, shine from her eyes, so she could perhaps help him this way, to be himself again. When she spoke, it was in her most velvet voice.

"No Aiolia, you will only kill one person, and I can assure you it will not be Alberich!!! I have stood around to see members of my family be killed for too long. I lost all my younger sisters and brothers due to Borkrash, and now you won't kill the only sibling I have left!!!"

Aiolia was just blinded by her shining eyes, and could not move. This gave Alberich the time to break free from the pile of debris on top of his head. He ran over to The'li and took her hands in his.

"Are you serious? I'm your brother???"

The'li nodded, got her hands out of Alberich's and took his face in her hands. Alberich thought her touch was as soft as silk and closed his eyes, flocking his one cheek against the silky softness. Aiolia however seemed to get rather upset that nobody was paying him - the really bad guy with the bad temper, as he proudly thought of himself currently - any attention. So he just stomped his foot on the floor - as a spoilt brat - and started to launch another attack.

The'li had seen that coming, grabbed Alberich, and pushed him behind her. Despite her frail appearance, she had lots of strength, and Alberich didn't manage to struggle free. They both closed their eyes, waiting for the bolt to hit them, but when it stayed quiet, they both peeked from behind their eyelids, and noticed that Aiolia was just standing there, looking at them, then looking at his own balled hands and looking at them again.

The'li let go of Alberich and stepped forward hesitatingly.

"Aiolia, are you ok?"

Aiolia nodded hesitatingly, overwhelmed and confused.

"What happened?"

When he spoke, his voice had lost the furious rage it had just instants ago, and his eyes shone with the same rational light as it had always, before the spell. The'li approached him and nodded her head slowly.

"I'm not quite sure. You were under a spell, and apparently it could only be broken when you killed someone. I'm not dead, soooo I wonder… why did you turn normal now? …"

She suddenly returned, her face pale as that of a beautiful corpse, that had only just died, not having decayed yet.

"Alberich!!!"

But the God Warrior was just standing there as well, big eyes, a blush on his cheeks, and very much alive. She sighed in relief, and went to give him a big hug. He didn't understand why he deserved this, but took advantage of her arms around him, and leaned in against her, hugging her in return.

"For a moment there I thought I had missed Aiolia's attack, and that you were… you were…"

She couldn't go on, and sighed and swallowed hard. She tousled his hair and chuckled.

"Good thing I was mistaken."

Aiolia had taken a step back and had crouched against the wall, when The'li turned back to him, and gasped, tears filling her eyes. She knelt close by Aiolia, and was staring at the floor, soon followed by Alberich and Aiolia himself. Aiolia just stared at the little black spot on the floor, not knowing what could have upset the girl in his temple like this. But realization slowly dawned on Alberich, and he slowly put his arm around her shoulder. He respectfully said

"I'm sorry Theli, but remember, he died a heroic death, saving our lives."

Aiolia was still looking incomprehensibly, when The'li picked up the little corpse of a fly, from the floor. Tears almost blocking her throat, she whispered

"I saved his life just minutes ago. And now it seems he paid us back this way. It would seem that when you stomped your foot, he flew underneath it, and thus broke the spell."

She couldn't go on, and started sobbing loudly. Alberich just patted her back, not knowing what else to do. Aiolia in return was quite impressed by the young woman in front of him, and was getting signals through from the first gold Saints about her identity and what she was doing here. He stayed quiet for a while, during which she kept crying, but then he lifted her head, so he could gaze into the depths of those eyes, that looked like the most precious gems of the world.

"I will do the honourable thing, and to thank him for breaking the spell, I will give him the proper burial."

The'li stopped crying, as his words touched something deep in her heart, making her feel ever so thankful for meeting all these wonderful people. She carefully handed the poor creature to Aiolia, who respectfully held it, and bowed at The'li.

"Continue your way now, I believe that your business is quite urgent. I will make sure he is being paid the due respect."

She gave him a shining smile, and hugged him carefully.

"Thank you."

She nodded at Alberich, who courteously bowed at Aiolia, and left the temple at her side. After he was sure Aiolia couldn't hear them anymore, he asked her something that was on his mind ever since she told him he was her brother.

"Can you tell me how it is possible I am your brother?"

She stopped at the exit of the temple, and invited him to sit down beside her on the few steps outside.

"I know your father told you that your mother died, but … well, she didn't."

She waited for his reaction, but instead of getting angry as she thought he would, he just looked at her with big eyes. She thought he looked so young and fragile right then and there, and took his one hand in hers.

"She was kidnapped by the former ruler of my Kingdom, and was forced to marry with him. But then daddy saved her, and the whole population, and since by then she heard your dad had also died, she married my daddy. Apparently Asgard spies had falsely informed her that you were dead as well, because she surely would have come to get you if she had known you were still alive, she would never have abandoned you. She often cried over you, when she thought I couldn't hear or see her."

Tears were shimmering in Alberich's green eyes, and he noticed that the green of her eyes was indeed very similar to his own, although it really couldn't be compared, for her eyes always shone with an unearthly beauty, whereas his were just plain old green. Then he hugged her tightly and whispered, his face hidden in the golden flow of her shining long hair, that felt silky soft.

"Thank you for telling me this Theli, and I'm so glad you found me!!!"

She just shook her head against his, and had to refrain herself from crying as well. This was just too joyous an event to shed tears over it.

"I'm happy too Alberich. Do you understand now why I don't want you to die? I don't want to loose the only brother I have left!!!!"

He looked at her and shook his head in turn.

"I don't want to loose you either, not now that I just found you!!!"

She gave him a dazzling smile, and got up, pulling him up as well.

"Then let's continue on our way, and we'll protect each other!!!"

He nodded, smiled happily, and they continued their way hand in hand.

Up and up our happy sister and brother went until they reached their next Temple - Virgo! There was no sign of any living being around save but two big plaster statues on both sides of the entrance. Alberich crept past them warily, because statues looked big and mean, but of course no sign of fear ever distorted The'li's brilliant features, as she marched whistling in!

What a surprise! Inside of the temple there was a big sunny garden instead of expected ugly walls of stones!

"Awwww, Alberich, lookie! Garden!! Flowers! Butterflies! Awwww, cute fluffy bunnies!!!" The'li chimed in unalloyed delight, dancing and twirling around the garden. "Isn't it simply fantastic!!!"

Alberich always preferred amethysts and his evil trees to any kind of flowers, but he of course got completely infected by his sister's innocent happy joy! He pranced towards here, trampling down flowers and squishing an occasional butterfly on his way, he then took her hands in his and they started to dance joyfully and happily, circling around the meadow and singing

little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting

little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear

here comes the sun

here comes the sun

and I say it's alright!

It looked that yellow golden sun was smiling and bouncing up and down in tact with their little happy song! Not to mention the butterflies and bats that fluttered around their heads, kissing their faces softly with their velvet wings!

Then the colorful butterflies formed a halo around The'li's golden haired head, and it was so beautiful that Alberich couldn't keep his eyes away, and as he couldn't both admire his darling sister's ethereal beauty and watch where he was going, he stepped over something and tripped and flopped loudly face into meadow.

"Ow watch your steps, my clumsy little bro!"

The'li chirped with a big smile that was not mocking at all and extended her small delicate hand to help Alberich to stand up.

"Atchoo!" sadly sneezed Alberich who was allergic to pollen, then when he turned to look on what he tripped his eyes become two green round pools of surprise!

There was a man of incredible beauty drifting a few inches over the grass, with his legs crossed and eyes closed. The warm wind was slowly billowing his golden hair, almost as long and beautiful as The'li's but not quite. He wore the loose white silken robe that could not hide the form of his perfectly shaped legs.

"Who is he?" Alberich asked his sister being sure she will know the answer to everything.

"It must be Shaka the Virgo Gold Saint and the man closest to the god!!!" The'li whispered affectionately, brushing the butterflies from her nose because they blocked the view.

Alberich suddenly felt a sharp pang of jealousy through his heart, because The'li was looking at the man so lovingly! Of course, it was no way evil lustful jealousy, nothing like that but simply Alberich was jealous like younger baby would crave attention of his big and strong sibling (Alberich in fact was older than The'li but he felt so like totally younger and helpless in vicinity of The'li's ultimate wisdom). So he sneered

"Oh really, closest to the god, big deal! And which god would that be, pray tell?"

"Me!"

There was a thunderous boom out of the blue sky, followed by suspicious sounds, and BANG! Out of the same sky a man landed before them with a thud, then stood up, dusted his long black coat, adjusted his tie and then flashed a big white and a bit gap-toothed grin at The'li and Alberich.

Alberich gaped at the man with his mouth open until a curious butterfly flew in and made him cough, but he never stopped gaping! It was okay to gape though, because he never saw someone like this before - the man from the sky was of black skin, he had a bald head and round dark glasses were perching on his nose.

"Wh-wh-wh-who are you????" Alberich astoundedly stuttered.

"I am the god closest to this man! We are so very very close" the black bald creature proclaimed proudly as he leant and kissed the sleeping blonde beauty on his round cheek and lovingly fondled his knee.

"Yuuuuck!" said Alberich and wrinkled his nose, because he scorned all that puppy love from the bottom of his heart, but then he glanced over at The'li who was all smiling like she saw the most beautiful picture and got embarrassed with himself, so unwrinkled his nose and said

"Come again, who are you?"

The bald black man wound his hand around beautiful blonde's neck and said

"I'm Morpheus. The god of sleep. Who are you?"

But then he looked like he recognized them, because his grin, impossible as it might seem, become even wider and he boomed

"Why but it is little Theli! Of course!!! Am I happy to see you here girl!!!"

The'li smiled back and pressed her dainty finger to her soft lips and said

"Sheesh, Morpheus my dear!! There's no need to betray my true origin because I want to tell my brother it myself and you would spoil my fun! And you risk waking beautiful Shaka up!"

"Excuse me..." Alberich confusedly began but The'li cuddled him saying sweetly

"Comes time, my sweet brother, and you will know everything!! Now we must ask Morpheus how we can pass the Virgo Temple!"

Morpheus examined Alberich over the top of his mirrored glasses and boomed

"This is your mortal brother Theli? Good choice of hair, it's your favorite color, right?"

The'li nodded at him, waves of her shiny golden hair streaming around her perfect oval of face.

"Say my dear Morpheus, how may we pass this meadowed domain of Shaka and you?"

Morpheus rummaged in the pockets of his black coat muttering something under his nose, said 'Gotcha!' and stretched his palms towards The'li and Alberich. There was a blue pill on one palm and red pill on another palm.

"Choose your pill and if you chose right you will pass"

He said but then took a closer look at the blue pill, blushed deep red and rumbled

"On the other hand I think you are of no need for the blue pill, you being a girl The'li, and your young brother looks like he can do without such things yet, so I better keep it for myself, later I will need it I think."

He threw a lusty look at Shaka who said nothing but silently snored 'ZZZzzzZzz...' and cut the red pill into 2 halves which he gave to The'li and Alberich.

"Just swallow them kids, and it's OK."

Alberich took his half cautiously, but as he saw how fearlessly The'li took and swallowed her pill without any trace of fear on her beautiful alabaster face and no hesitation in her bottomless eyes of blue purity and not even crumpled, he braced himself too and took a tentative lick at the pill.

"Ouch! It's sour!" he then complained.

Morpheus patiently explained

"That's because of the ascorbic acid what makes the base of this pill. Don't be afraid, it is very useful acid, gives you energy you will surely need in your journey upstairs. Come on, swallow it!"

Alberich did as he was told and for his enormous surprise the meadow and sky around him started to melt! Until was nothing left and he found himself inside the Virgo temple that looked like any other temple he passed through save that its walls were decorated with fancy frescos.

The'li of course was not surprised at all as she looked around with her eyes shining like stars in the night and gasping

"What a beautiful temple!!!"

Alberich blinked in confusion and stuttered

"What happened? Where are all the butterflies gone????"

Shaka now floated over the chair in a form of water lily but he did not wake up, however. Morpheus slightly pushed him to hover aside of the chair and plonked onto it, crossing his long legs comfortably.

"The pill contained reality essence, my boy. Now you see Virgo temple free of its illusions. Welcome to real world, Alberich."

Alberich wanted to say something, but Shaka chose this exact moment to loudly crash on the ground.

"Darn!!! I keep forgetting the gravity field of his chair works only when he's directly above it!!!" Morpheus cursed jumping up and propping Shaka up. Shaka fought against it with great dignity at the same time speaking up with his cool wise perfectly intonated voice

"Ouch. It seems I dropped down. This leads to conclusion I was pushed from my gravichair. Which accordingly leads to the fact that someone had to do it. Since I am not expecting any visitors, this can mean the only thing: my house is plagued with intruders. Therefore I must fight and now will open my eyes to scorch those puny infidels. Thus spoken I."

The'li gasped with horror, her big beautiful eyes becoming even bigger.

"Oh no! Shaka's eyes are as dangerous as laser guns, we must not let him open them!!!"

But it was too late!! Shaka slowly started to lift his eyelids framed with thick black curly lashes! His eyes even when closed radiated so much power and enchantment that Alberich who happened to stand directly in front of him, felt trapped like poor fly in the spider web, rooted in place by Shaka's hypnotizing gaze! Soon, he felt so very hot as the eyes were opening wider and wider, and still he couldn't move!

God only knows how it would have ended if not for courage and quick wit of The'li! She scuttled to Morpheus and with one lightning fast snap of her accurate hand she swept his sunglasses of his nose and put them over Shaka's eyes! Exactly at the same moment when he completely opened them!

Shaka frowned and said

"Why is it so dark here? Is it night already?"

"No those are my glasses, you big silly," Morpheus rumbled lovingly "and if you promise to holster your weapons I will take them away and you will see who honored us with a visit!"

Shaka blinked and said

"Oh, okay. It's done and though my eyes will stay open it won't hurt."

So Morpheus could have his glasses back and Shaka's eyes of immense shade of blue opened for Alberich's inspection and admiration. He decided that those were the third cutest eyes he had ever seen, after The'li's blazing stars of emerald and his own of course. Still they were very cute, he approved.

In the meantime Shaka paid no attention whatsoever to Alberich, his attention fully and completely gobbled by the immaculate beauty of The'li C'liffo'th Vril-Ya. He looked and looked and looked unblinking, Alberich's angry 'Ahem!' was completely lost on him and only when Morpheus scowled and plucked on his golden mane did Shaka woke up from bedazzlement and spoke in shaking voice

"I have a feeling I know you, oh beautiful stranger. I have a feeling I have known you for eternity and more, but my mind is astounded, clouded and completely out of order in the wake of your supremacy! Don't keep humble servant of god in ignorance, tell me your name!!!"

"Servant my bum," Morpheus grumbled but without real jealousy because he was a god and could perceive the fundamental innocence of Shaka's love to The'li. He knew their secret too...

The'li shook her head with infinite tenderness and whispered

"My darling precious Shaka, I promise you will remember everything when time comes...now will you let us pass?"

"How can I not to, when you made your way to my heart with no resistance at all? Of course you may pass...but you will come back to me, will you?"

The'li cupped Shaka's face between her soft palms and kissed him gently on both cheeks.

"I promise I will, Shaka. Now I must go."

Alberich didn't get a single clue about what was happening but even he understood there happened something gravely important and he did not dare to disturb the significance of the moment with his comments, so he simply waited until The'li was done and then followed her to the exit, turning around only to say 'See ya!' to Morpheus who brandished his blue pill with a very meaningful look.

To be continued, by great demand ^___________^

1