Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ The Musketeers ❯ Food and Fights ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
And again a big 'Thank you' for youkai_braut for the Beta and her nice words always...
And there is also a little change:The throughs are now written only so, without //
OOC(all of them, more or less)Violence (Thank you, Sanzo!)Stupidy and naivity (poor Goku)and the normal insanity by Gojyo and Hakkai...
And now:
Part 2 start!!!!


Title: Food and Fights


Gojyo was on his way from one woman to the next, when he passed the garrison of the redcoats.
In the corner of his eye, he could see a small silhouette move out of a shadow and running up to the building.


If the idiotic monkey walks in there and tells them that he wants to be a musketeer, they’ll kill him. Or is he still looking for food? There are so many better things to think about…


With that thought, he smiled at two aristocratic women, who giggled and blushed furiously.


Goku did not notice this, though. He was too excited. Hakkai had told him which way to go, so he simply had to go there, sneak in and find food. Only a few more minutes and he would finally have something for his poor, empty stomach…


There was an open window not far away from him, so he climbed in and quietly stepped onto a little table that was standing below him.
Good thing that nobody had noticed him yet.


*rumble*


The table broke under his weight with a very loud sound.


Oops...


Fortunately no one seemed to have heard him.
Quietly he sneaked through the corridors to his goal, but he had to be very carefully, as there were more and more redcoats.
But he always found what others tried to hide from him.
And nobody noticed his boots sticking out beneath a curtain, or any such things.
They were too busy or something.


As silent as a little kitten he stalked his prey.
[a pantry, bursting with food]
It was like heaven on earth to him.
Once he was in there, he acted as always. That meant he stuffed all he could find into his mouth.
It was a somewhat scary thing to see, how fast the pantry was emptied.
When only some crumbs were left, the boy licked his fingers happily.


A cake would be great now. With chocolate and lots of whipped cream or maybe one or two fruitcakes…


But sadly, he had no time to go looking for these things. He had to leave, or he would be too late for his meeting with his new friends…
He had to be at the monastery by 12 am.
He didn't know Paris, but luckily Gojyo had told him the way. So he would hopefully find the place, but he couldn't understand why it was so important for his friend to be there at the right time.


Maybe he wants to teach me more interesting things about the big city.


And Hakkai had promised to tell him where he could become a musketeer when they'd meet at 2 o'clock.


And a place where I can sleep. A midday nap would be nice, too. And afterwards something sweet to nibble.


He licked his lips at the thought.
But first, he had to sneak out without anyone seeing him.
But….What was the right direction?


Getting inside had been easy, all he had to do was follow his nose. But getting out?


He closed his eyes, turned around in circles, and then went in the direction he happened to be facing when he stopped.


I don’t know where I'm going, but I’m stuffed and nothing can dampen my spirits now.


Sadly, he went into the wrong direction, heading deeper into the garrison.
And he saw more and more people, and hiding places became scarce.


Suddenly he heard voices and he climbed up a curtain and hung in its folds:

[Like Tom & Jerry, nobody ever looks up, I wonder why?]

“We are lucky, all we need to do is go to England and steal it; and then the way will be free for cardinal Gyumao. We can dethrone it.”
“But it must stay as a secret. I, Kougaiji, will execute the order personally, Lady Gyokumen.”


Slowly they walked away, and not a moment too soon.
The curtain came down, together with the boy, the weight becoming to much for the fragile fabric.
Fortunately, the two killers hadn’t heard it, the door was firmly shut behind them.


But someone else noticed.

It was one of the unlucky guards. Goku had landed right on his head.
He picked himself up and quickly stormed away to where he came from.


By now, several guards had gathered in front of the pantry.
And the golden-eyed teen ran right into their arms.
He stopped at the last moment and changed direction once more.

He ran like a whirlwind through the corridors, until a closed door stopped him when he bumped into it.
What bloody idiot had closed the door he wanted to pass!?
He tried the doorknob, before once again the familiar sound of cracking wood could be heard.
The door hadn’t given in, but the door frame had not been as sturdy.
And so Goku stood there, door in hand...


A single guard, that had managed to somehow keep up with his speed, came running after him.
And since he was already standing there anyway, Goku, friendly as always, gave the door to him….


It isn’t mine after all…


“Sorry, I think this is yours. It wasn’t on purpose, it simply fell apart like that.”

The man stared at him disbelieving. This boy held the door, as if it didn't weigh anything at all.
And then the door buried the guard underneath it.


[It seemed to be heavier than expected…]


Goku took his chance and left as fast as he could…
Leaving a trail of broken doors and furnishings that were in his way
And because of that, he…. well, smashed them.
Goku left a trail of pure destruction…
A twister couldn't possibly have done more damage…
Still, he left the garrison without anyone catching him.
And inside, the whole garrison wondered what had happened to their storage rooms.
The food certainly hadn't walked away by itself, and nobody would be stupid enough to plunder them…


Shortly after that, a very happy Goku was on his way to the monastery.


Hakkai and Gojyo had already arrived and were now waiting for Sanzo to join them.
Because every duel needed adjutants, and they were having their duels in the same place, they only needed to wait, to help each other.


They still didn't know that they all had the same opponent.
Five minutes after twelve and two of the four still hadn't arrived.
They wondered if the boy would show up at all, or if he already had left town out of fear..


These were hard times for the musketeers, duels were forbidden, and the cardinal's redcoats arrested everyone who didn't follow their rules.
Their rights became more limited and their reputation wasn't the best, so they had to be careful not to be caught.


Goku ran around a corner at full speed, he didn't want to be late, and he didn't have much time left.
But suddenly he was stopped and ended up sitting on his butt.
Yes, that's what happens when you run and don’t look at what's in front of you. You might run into a barrier.
And this barrier had blond hair and violet eyes, which looked, all but happy, down at him.


No, Sanzo sure as hell wasn't happy.
Even less happy, when Goku stood up and dragged him down to his level.
And before Sanzo could so much as blink he once again felt the lips of the shorter one on his own.
Goku dragged him down further, so he didn't need to stretch as much, and Sanzo didn’t resist, until he saw a movement in the corner of his eyes.
His two friends had heard some strange noise and were now peeking around the corner.


They didn’t believe their eyes.


Standing there was Sanzo.
And who did he hold in his arms?
Their opponent!
And what were they doing?
They were kissing!!!


Hakkai let out a surprised gasp, and Gojyo began to laugh.


Sanzo’s head flew up startled and he threw Goku down to the ground.
Said boy blinked in surprise that he found himself on the ground because of this ‘woman’ for the second time the day.


Sanzo brought a paper fan from out of nowhere and hit Goku over his head several times.


*Wrack* *Wrack*


“You! YOU! You stupid, idiotic, damn, crazy MONKEY!”
“Hey, what was that for? That is really mean!”
“YOU….”


Sanzo towered over Goku, face completely red and searching for words as he hit the boy over and over again. The boy glared at Gojyo:
“You liar! You told me to greet people like this! Now look what happened!”


Gojyo stared at him perplexed, before he started laughing.
“Hey, Shorty, I said ’beautiful women’, not ‘grumbling psychopaths’! And if you didn't notice yet, Sanzo isn’t a woman!”
He started laughing again, causing the paper fan to hit his head as well.


Goku took a closer look at Sanzo.


[Finally he got it!]


“Oh. Oh, you’re right, sorry. I didn’t notice. Whatever, it isn’t that bad, right? Things like that happen…”
And he smiled brightly up at Sanzo, which made Gojyo fall to the ground, rolling around and laughing, tears in his eyes.
Goku leapt at Gojyo and started hitting him, but said redhead paid him by hitting back, and they started fighting and yelling at each other at the top of their lungs.


“So, this also is your enemy, Gojyo?” Hakkai asked friendly, “Because I have a fight with him, too.”
“Really? And why?” Gojyo wanted to know between two kicks.
“He said that I’m cheating at cards.”
“And? You always do. That’s nothing new to be told.”
“Sure, but that’s nothing the redcoats have to know about!! If I say, I don’t cheat, they'll better believe me! And I also thought that you’re here for a duel, not for a schoolyard-fight.”
“And since when, exactly, do YOU start duels, Hakkai?”


But Hakkai preferred to only smile in that suspicious way of his, as he turned towards Goku.
Goku held his enemy in a headlock, while Gojyo punched him in the stomach.


Sanzo glared angrily at the two of them, but was ignored just like Hakkai, while they rolled around in the dirt.


*Wrack* *Wrack* *Wrack*


Sanzo hit them over their heads again and again with his favorite weapon, his paper fan for idiots.
He had enough of them all.
It appeared they all had the same opponent, and the damn boy drove him mad by simply looking at him.


And what weird color are his eyes?


And why the heck is he thinking about that crap, instead of simply killing him and going back to his normal life?


Meanwhile, Goku and Gojyo continued fighting, while Hakkai tried to tell them that they were supposed to use weapons for their duel, like rapiers or muskets.
At the end, they were sitting in the dirt, panting and full of scratches and bruises.


Hakkai used the brake to ask Goku something that he hadn't been able to get out of his head the whole time:
“Didn’t you say you were hungry? Why didn't you go to the garrison like I told you?”


Gojyo looked at Hakkai:


So that was why he was there when I saw him earlier. You and your bad jokes, I hope I'll stay on your good side, Hakkai.


Hakkai could be a lot more mean than people gave him credit for. Which also was the reason everyone believed every word he said. He had a great poker face, and you could never be sure if he was joking or not.


Goku gave him a look and smiled:
“But I was there, just before I came here. And you were right, there was a lot of good stuff there for me. But sadly, I didn't have the time to search for a dessert.”
“You were in there? And you got out without anybody noticing you?”
“Except for one soldier that came running after me. But the door dragged him down!”
“Door? What door are you talking about?”
“The door that I pulled out of its frame accidentally. But I swear, it was an accident! Really!”
“And the others didn’t find you?”
“No, they were so busy with wondering what happened to their pantry. (I emptied it!) I guess they don't have much work to do, right?”


[Not even now he noticed that Hakkai had tried to trick him. Poor Goku…]


Hakkai couldn’t believe it: He had been so sure that the boy would have a hard time getting out of there.
“They were supposed to kick your ass or kill you! Normally they are not so timid…”


Meanwhile, Sanzo had more than enough from all the talking.
He didn’t give a shit if that stupid brat went to steal the redcoats last food, or if he fought with Gojyo because he lied to the monkey…


Wait a minute! Gojyo was the one who put those ideas in the morons head!?…


So that was the reason for all that laughing!!
And for that, he gave them both extra hits, just for (his) fun!


I beat that shit out off them, no way I'll allow this to continue. Not with me! I make them regret it for the rest of their short lives if they ever dare doing that again….


Sanzo got angrier by the minute, until he pulled out his rapier: “Come on, you two brainless morons! I thought that we’re here for a duel, and not for babbling!!”

”What? Why duel? I want to be a musketeer!”
“When I’m finished with you, you will be worm-food! And after that I murder the cockroach.”
“What? What do I have to with this? I didn't do anything!”
“You’ve been putting that stupid idea into his empty head! And on top of this: You’re supposed to use weapons in a duel! And not crawling around like a child in the dirt! You don’t have any pride, do you? To fight with a stupid KID!”


“I’m not a KID!”


“Sanzo, sorry to interrupt you, but I think it's my turn.
On the other hand, I'll gladly give you the opportunity to go first…” he quickly added when Sanzo aimed his musket at him.


[It‘s better not to mess with Sanzo, when he is in a bad mood.. Not if you enjoy being alive…
But then... is he ever in a good mood?]


Sanzo turned to look at Goku, who picked himself up from the ground and backed off slowly.


Why the hell are they angry at me, I didn’t do anything!


“HEY, YOU! Don't move! You’re all arrested in the Name of our Cardinal Gyumao!”
“Shit! This is all the fault of you three morons, because you three had to continue your babbling for so long!”
And with that he hit all of them on the head again.
“HEY!! We don't have time for this…”


But they weren't able to go on with their discussion, the guards got in the way.


Actually, they wanted to fight, but they had to stay away from any fighting, because if they didn’t, all of the musketeers would get into trouble.
The cardinal (he should burn in hell for eternity!) was just waiting for an opportunity to eliminate all of them for their mistake.
So they couldn't allow themselves to be caught.
And that meant they had to run away!


[Sometimes life is a bitch]


Together, they ran through the narrow streets and tried to loose their enemies.
That means Sanzo, Hakkai and Gojyo were running. Goku was jogging behind them.
He didn’t quite understand what had happened, but what the heck.


But then they made a mistake:
They took the wrong turn and reached a dead-end.


That meant they had to fight. And that meant they had to hurt their enemies.
And that meant their boss would be ticked off. Again.
Not that that was something unusual, it happened at least once a week.
If it wasn’t because off Gojyo’s many affairs with women, which partly included married women of higher classes, it was because of Hakkai’s cheating or Sanzo’s outbreaks of violence…


But they didn’t want to add fuel to the fire.
Not if it could be avoided.
But this time it couldn't be helped, because they couldn't simply fly away, could they?
They could!
Suddenly there was a movement under their feet, and as they looked down, they saw that they were standing on a colorful Persian carpet.


Said carpet lifted them off the ground slowly and carried them up high over the roofs of Paris.
“Wow, we’re flying, we’re flying…” Goku screamed happily and hopped up and down, nearly throwing his new friends down.
Sadly, he was the only one who was actually happy, the others didn't feel as enthusiastic about it.
Especially Sanzo…


Below them the redcoats stood open mouthed, wondering and swearing up at them.


After all, that was something they didn’t get to see everyday, four musketeers on a colorful Persian carpet flying over Paris…
……



*perplexed silence*




At this point we have to take a short break from the story


*tap tap*


Yes? *turns around*


Sanzo: Do you know where we are?


Paris?


Sanzo: Right!
And what year?


No idea! Sixteen hundred-something
Seventeen hundred-I-don’t-care


Sanzo: Ummmmm, yes, more or less…
AND WHY THE HELL IS THERE A DAMN FLYING CARPET HERE?


*Wrack* *Wrack* *Wrack* *Wrack* *Wrack* *WRACK*


Okay, I get it, I get it, so put away your fan so we can go on with the show!!!


*rubs her poor head*




At his special request [and after more or less… *gentle*… encouragement] we cut out my beautiful flying carpet [*sulks*]


The guys are back standing at the dead-end and the redcoats are blocking the way out.
[Hey, don’t blame me, it isn’t my fault! I would let them go unharmed, but no… Sanzo wanted to fight so badly…
*grumping* *grumping* *grumping* Nobody listens to me! So much for helping *is offended* ]


So they decided to fight.


They didn't care about being outnumbered, that only made it more fun.
Goku was the only one without a weapon, but that quickly changed.
One of their enemies was friendly enough to give him his rapier.
After Goku had helped him run against a wall, of course.


Now it wasn't too hard to push the guards back and get more room
Still, it didn't take long for them to get in each others way:


Gojyo: “Hey, monkey, you bumped into me!”
“No, I didn’t!”
“Yes, you did!”
“No, you just didn't look where you were going!”


And again, both of them were rolling on the floor, screaming, punching and kicking and trying their best to hurt each other.
The monkey and the kappa were so busy, they forgot their real targets.


The redcoats couldn't believe what happened before their eyes:
They were being ignored!
The mighty guards of the great cardinal simply being ignored like that!!!


Sanzo’s familiar twitch returned, as he took out his paper fan and started hitting at the two figures to his feet.
He also yelled at the two, while Hakkai tried to calm them down.


Everybody swore, screamed, punched or kicked at the other, and the redcoats only stood there and stared down at the tangle of limbs before their feet.


Then one of them had had enough of them and kicked hard into the mass….


[very bad mistake!!!]


He hit Sanzo in the ribs.
Oh oh….


The blond rose to his feet slowly and walked over to him, while snatching a rapier from the ground.
“You! Come here!” He commanded as if the man was a dog, while glaring thousand deaths on him.
Said men didn't even think about doing so.


Sanzo scared him a lot, and he was about to run away as fast as possible, because that blond had something mad about him with that intense gaze from his violet eyes.
His companions behind him gave him a push that made him stumble towards Sanzo.
Sanzo went after his victim and forced him back, to the sides, and wherever he wanted him to be.
He had his fun, playing cat-and-mouse with the poor, scared man.
Then he gave him a good hard punch to his stomach and continued hitting him with his fists.
The angry blond turned around to the others and bellowed:


“What’s wrong with you? Don’t stay around the whole day long, move your lazy asses!”
He didn't need to tell Goku that twice.
The boy rose and watched out for a victim for himself, like Hakkai and Gojyo already did.
Since they had no intention of killing the redcoats,


[because this would have meant too much trouble]


the four attacked them without their weapons.


The guards discarded their weapons as well, they felt save because of their superior numbers, and were sure about who would win in the end.


Goku had picked the same opponent as earlier, but this time the man didn’t run against the wall, but flew through a window. Goku followed right behind and threw him back outside the house, only to repeat the same thing again, in and out of the window.


By that time the others came to life and also attacked the redcoats.


They guards soon became aware of the fact that they wouldn't have an easy time with them as they had hoped for and reached for their weapons…
Only to find them gone.
Hakkai smiled guiltily: “Sorry, I took your weapons, we wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, would we? Except for you, of course.”
The redcoat that had kicked Sanzo had barricaded himself in the house and threw pots, pans and knifes out of the window he had broken earlier.


And Goku threw them right back at him.


[What kind of stupid fight is this?]


The boss of the company of redcoats was, by now, sitting in a corner and staring at the picture before him desperately.
He had his arms on his knees and his face hidden in his hands, crying silently:
“All we wanted was arrest a few musketeers. *hick* to rough them up *hick* Nobody takes us seriously…”
“Are you all right? Can I help you?” a friendly voice suddenly asked him, and as he looked up to meet green eyes and a smiling face.
He shook his head, that couldn't be true! Now his enemies were starting to make fun of him…
What a disgrace!


Behind Hakkai, he could see Goku dodging a heavy pan, thrown by no other than Gojyo:


“Hey, watch out what you’re doing, you stupid kappa! You almost hit me!”
“Who said that wasn’t my intent, dimwit!”
“Cockroach!”
“Monkey!”
< br>
“SHUT UP!”


*Klong* *Klong*


Sanzo brought the big guns in and hit both of them with the pan that the fight had started with.
Then he turned around and hit two of the redcoats with his new found weapon as well.


Meanwhile, Hakkai elegantly dodged a knife that came flying his way, caught it and returned it to the launcher, who was not so lucky and now had a new cut on his hand.


*crash*


Goku had thrown one of the guards through the wall of an old, rickety stable, that finally tumbled down, while Goku... helped… the guard back outside…


[That means, he let him fly through the wooden boards again]


The entire roof fell down on the monkeys head, and for a moment everybody was stunned with shock.
Suddenly the golden eyed youth appeared grinning from under the crashed wood and shook himself free of the splinters.


He looked around puzzled at the mess he had caused and scratched his head, embarrassed
“Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to… Maybe, if I put this here, and that there…”


And he started fumbling around at the woodpile.
But of course it was useless…
This stable would never stand there again…


Meanwhile, Sanzo and Gojyo were beating more guards out of one of the houses causing even more damage.


And Goku took advantage of the firewood around him and threw it around at all that dared to move..
Sadly he hit the blond and the redhead, too, and said men were not at all happy about it, and throwing them back at the boy, burying him under the wood.


“Hey, are you two crazy? What was that for?”
“You know that already!”
“Watch where you aim!”


And with that Sanzo threw a big pot, just to be sure.
And all the while, the leader of the redcoats sat in his corner, crying his heart out…

TBC....