Saiyuki Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This Sucks ❯ Be Careful in What you Offer ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Saiyuki. They are beyond my ownership.
 
A/N: Sorry for the delay. I got a surprising amount of people interested in this so after I got home from drill this weekend I forced myself to sit down and finish this chapter that I had just barely started. I hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think. Please understand that this will be slow moving still and especially in June chapters will be very slow because I will be gone for half the month. Thank you for reading and enjoy.
 
This sucks
ForestSprite
Chapter 3
 
Laughter.
 
Teasing, joking voices.
 
The sound of someone getting hit.
 
Had the last week been nothing but a bad dream?
 
Eyes opened hopefully to find a light bulb swinging above her and she let out a breath of air she hadn't realized she'd been holding. `This sucks.'
 
“Hey, hey guys! She's awake!” a childish voice said excitedly making her lips twitch into a small smile as it reminded her of Shippo. Oh, how she missed her family.
 
“How are you doing miss? Are you okay?” asked a kind gentle voice that hid layers of pain beneath it. She sensed youki in him.
 
She cleared her throat as she turned to look at him. “I could ask you the same,” she responded. Noticing the confused look in his beautiful emerald eyes she smiled reaching a hand to caress his cheek allowing a bit of her powers out to soothe him. “Don't worry.”
 
His eyes widened for a moment in surprise before he relaxed into her power. “You poor child, there are times where you just can't do anything. I would never be so foolish to tell you to forget but learn from it and move on.” She smiled gently at him and pulled her hand back to look at the other three occupants of the room who appeared to be watching her suspiciously.
 
She sat up and looked at the men taking in their appearances. One had red hair and eyes, with a tall, slim build. His aura was half demonic and half human but she noted he was missing that imbalance she'd found in all demons so far as well as the emerald eyed youkai.
 
Another, who had a surprising amount of youki in his small body, slightly surprising her, had the appearance of a child with short brown hair and eyes. Taking a closer look at him and his eyes she knew he wasn't a child even if he looked it.
 
The other man, the monk, had blonde hair and violet eyes. He was dressed in immaculately clean white robes, a large sutra hanging around his neck. A small smile pulled at her lips. “Mou, don't look at me like I'm going to go on a rampage.”
 
“Who are you?” the boy asked curiously as he moved closer to her leaning against the bed.
 
She cupped his cheek gently gazing at his eyes, noting they weren't completely brown but a darker gold. “I'm called Kagome. Who are you?”
 
“Goku,” he replied pressing into her hand as she allowed a slip of her power out to soothe him.
 
“That's a very nice name,” she informed him turning her attention to the half-demon and human staring at her. “Thank you for healing me. I was beginning to think I'd be in that forest forever.”
 
“You were about a day from making it out of there,” the emerald eyed demon standing by her still informed her.
 
Her eyes widened in surprise. “No way! A week and a half in that lousy forest and I collapse a day from escaping it? This positively sucks.” She brought her free hand to her head hitting herself rather loudly as she began to grumble not so quietly. “Stupid demons… stupid magicians… lousy forests that never end… dumb demon companion.”
 
“May we inquire why you were in the forest Miss Kagome?” the emerald eyed demon asked breaking her from her thoughts.
 
“Please, just Kagome…” she looked at him inquiringly for his name.
 
“Hakkai. Cho Hakkai.”
 
She smiled kindly. “Okay, Hakkai it is. Now how I got in that forest is something I'm still trying to figure out.” She looked thoughtful for a moment before brightening and clasping her hands in front of her she looked eagerly at Hakkai. “Ne, Hakkai, what year is it and where am I?”
 
He looked at her thoroughly confused. “You're in Shangri-la,” as he continued to speak she zoned out paling to a ghostly white.
 
`China? I'm in China? But I was in Japan before that and I think I would have remembered crossing an ocean to reach the mainland. Oh Inuyasha, what kind of trouble did you get us in this time?' she wailed mentally. She was brought out of her miserable thoughts by someone calling her name.
 
“Kagome? Kagome!” Hakkai called looking at her somewhat worriedly as he supported her limp body in its sitting position.
 
Her head shot up as she looked at him in surprise. “Oh, Hakkai. I'm sorry, really sorry,” she began to apologize as she rightened herself throwing a thankful smile his way.
 
He smiled back at her. “No need to apologize. Are you feeling alright?”
 
She rubbed the back of her head sheepishly looking away. “Yea I'll be fine. It's just that I was so surprised to find that I had been transported all the way to the mainland. I just don't get what is going on.” She furrowed her brow in thought as she mumbled out not quite so softly, “I hope I find the others soon. I'm just worried is all. I was with companions before this, about two weeks back and then we fought a shikigami and then I found myself transported here. I miss my son.” She looked troubled as she took note of all the more modern artifacts in the room. `This seems really out of place. Maybe I'm in a parallel universe? I wonder…' Her nose scrunched up slightly as she continued into deep thought mode not noticing the intense stares from the males before she let gave a small pout.
 
She let out a heavy sigh as she looked back at Hakkai. “I must really thank you for taking care of me. You didn't have to and I appreciate it.” Hakkai who'd heard the slip in her statement earlier stored it away for asking later on as he smiled at her.
 
“Che, the idiots wouldn't let us leave you behind,” the monk grumbled annoyed making her lips twitch in amusement. `How like an Inuyasha comment,' she thought in small glee.
 
“Well either way, you have my sincere thanks. Maybe I can repay you somehow?” She looked hopefully at them.
 
The red head who'd managed to stay silent up until that point gave a lecherous grin as he crossed the room to stand by her bed side. “Well I know how you can repay me. Just stay in that bed and send the other children out so we can have some fun,” he said giving a roguish smile.
 
Her eyes widened slightly before she managed to cool her expression. “Hentai,” she growled at him, “wait until I tell Sango I found Miroku's twin,” she murmured to herself. “I'll bet you ask girls to bare your children too when you come across them,” she said with a small sigh as she looked him over carefully.
 
“No, I just ask them to bare themselves to me on the bed,” he shot back easily while a light blush covered her face.
 
“I take it back, you're worse than that perverted monk. You're in a class all your own,” she said while glaring at him.
 
“Hey, hey, Kagome?” Goku said excited as he pushed away the red head to stand next to her. “Do you know how to cook? You could pay us back that way.”
 
She smiled at the smaller boy… err man and nodded her head. “Yes I can cook if that's all right with everyone.” She looked thoughtful again as she looked to Hakkai again. “Ne, Hakkai, what is the current situation of this country? Any wars, famine, disease, anything?”
 
Once again he gave her a confused glance as he told her about the experiments to revive Gyumaoh and the minus-wave. She gave a small delighted grin. “The imbalance! That's it.”
 
“The what?” Goku asked confused.
 
“Mm, sorry about that. I've noticed all the demons, with the exception of you three,” she pointed at the three demons, “had an imbalance in their youki that I've never seen before. I was terribly confused but now I think I got it.”
 
`That's right. Ladies and germs, Elvis has left the building. Conclusion: I've ended up in another universe and this totally sucks. Wait… I what?'
 
“Oh lord Buddha you are terribly cruel to me,” she murmured softly but still loud enough to be heard by everyone. Before she could be asked what she was talking about she looked up to the ceiling in a blank daze. “This totally sucks.”
 
Goku looked at her questioningly but her eyes promptly rolled to the back of her head and she fell limply passing out once again.
 
The boy looked at her weirdly before giving a small shrug he covered her tiny body with a blanket and looked at the others. “Anyone up for a game of mahjong?”
 
End chapter