Saiyuki Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Saiyuki or Inu Yasha
 
Title: ?
 
Alternate Universe for Inu Yasha characters
 
Summary: On their journey west, the Sanzo party meets an interesting group, who are also traveling in the same direction as they are, though for different reasons. But why does one of the girls they meet seem strangely familiar.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter One
 
 
The raging flames engulfed everything in its path, not once showing signs of ceasing any time soon. And as the flames engulfed the huge mansion, a lone figure stood out, shocked at what she was witnessing.
 
Tears started to roll down the small girl's eyes as she fell to her knees in helpless clump. Tremors of sobs started to pulsate down her body. In the distance she could hear the painful cries for help was people were burned by the fire.
 
Upon hearing a malicious laughter, she looked up only to become ensnared by a pair of blood red eyes bearing into her.
 
Recognizing those pair of malevolent eyes, she let out a small scream. Quickly standing up she tried to escape the owner of those wicked eyes. Only to have a tentacle seize her by her wrist, soon another come one came at her grabbing hold of her other wrist.
 
“You will be mine!” She heard him say as she soon met with darkness.
 
 
 
Wandering down the streets of a relatively unknown town, the Sanzo party searched the town for a rumor of a sacred item here; wondering if the sacred item was one of the scrolls.
 
“Come on Sanzo. Please!” Goku complained, starting to irritate a certain priest.
 
“No Goku. We only stopped here for one reason and one reason only.” Sanzo answered, becoming annoyed at Goku's constant whining for food.
 
“But Sanzo, I'm so hungry!” Goku continued to whine, holding his stomach as it growled.
 
“No.” Sanzo snapped.
 
“Oh come on Sanzo, we're all pretty hungry, and who knows when we'll find the next time after we leave this one.” Hakkai said earning a glare from Sanzo.
 
“Fine but if we go eat you better stop your whining Goku.” Sanso stated.
 
“Wow, I didn't think the great Genjyo Sanzo would cave in that easily.” Gojyo stated, lighting a cigarette.
 
“What was that you damn pervert?” Sanzo said, pointing his gun at Gojyo.
 
Offering a weak smile and his hands up like he was surrendering, Gojyo let out a nervous chuckle.
 
Putting his gun back up, Sanzo led Goku and the others to the nearest restaurant. Once inside, Goku was disappointed to see that the place was packed.
 
“Come on let's go find some other place to eat.” Sanzo stated about to leave.
 
“Actually this is the only restaurant here.” A small boy said, appearing out of nowhere.
 
“Damn.” Goku exclaimed.
 
“If you want I could go see if one of the table's occupants is willing to have you join them.” The small boy offered.
 
“That'd be very kind of you.” Hakkai said. And with that the small boy soon left their sights.
 
Waiting for a good ten minutes, the small boy soon returned, a smile adorning his face.
 
“You guys are in luck. One of the tables' has agreed to share. Please follow me.”
 
Shrugging their shoulder at one another, Sanzo, Goku, Gojyo, and Hakkai followed the boy.
 
When the boy finally stopped at a large rectangular table, the Sanzo party surveyed its occupants.
 
On the side sitting opposite of them sat a young girl about a year or two younger than Goku. Next to her sat two other girls about Hakkai and Gojyo's age, both of which were giving them the stare down. Next to them sat a boy about Goku's age and a guy who looked to be Sanzo's age. And sitting at the end was a girl who didn't look much younger than Goku himself.
 
“So this is the group you were telling us about Koji.” One of the girls who were giving them the stare down said.
 
“Yes m'am.” Koji said. “I'll be back soon to take your order after you guys get settled.” And with that the small boy was gone.
 
“I guess we should introduce ourselves. I'm Hakkai, the guy next to me is Gojyo, and priest is Sanzo” When Hakkai had pointed out Sanzo, something seemed to flicker in the eyes of the girl at the end of the table. “And the short one next to him is Goku.” Hakkai introduced. “Thank you for letting us accompany you.”
 
“It's no problem at all.” The guy who looked to be Sanzo's age smiled. “Let me introduce ourselves to you. My name is Miroku, and the girl at the beginning table is Rin, next to her are Sango, Kikyo, and Shippo. And the girl next to me is Kagome.”
 
Hearing the name Kagome, something seemed to click in Sanzo's mind. “Now where have I heard that name before?” He thought to himself. “Now that I think about it, she does look sort of familiar.”
 
Taking their seats, Sanzo and them waited for the little boy, Koji to come back and take their order.
 
“So where are you guys headed?” Miroku asked, trying to start a conversation.
 
“West.” Was Sanzo's curt answer.
 
“What a coincident so are we.” Kikyo coolly stated, looking suspicious of the new comers.
 
“What exactly made y'all stop here in a small town such as this?” Sango asked, looking distrustful of the group before her.
 
“What…” But before Sanzo could finish Hakkai cut in. “We were merely investigating a rumor we heard here.” He chuckled, trying to ease the tension.
 
“What rumor…” Kikyo started only to have the girl, Kagome send her a look that clearly meant for her to be quiet, which she did.
 
“So why are you guys headed west.” Goku asked, missing the little interaction.
 
“We're looking for something and someone.” Miroku replied, looking solemn.
 
“Hey Kagome, why don't you come with me to see what's taking Koji so long?” Shippo asked, standing up. Nodding her head yes, Kagome followed Shippo towards the kitchen area.
 
Now that Kagome was gone, Kikyo and Sango began to openly display their suspicion of the Sanzo group.
 
Getting frustrated at their looks, Sanzo asked, “Why the hell did you let us eat with you if you're just going to be glaring at us?”
 
“Actually we didn't want y'all to join us; Kagome's the one who agreed to it.” Sango answered.
 
“Why would she agree to it and not even say at least one word to us?” Hakkai calmly asked.
 
“That's…” Kikyo started, but stopped when she heard a crash coming from the direction of the kitchen. Quickly getting up, Sango, Kikyo, Rin, and Miroku ran to find Kagome and Shippo.
 
Following them to see what's going on, Sanzo and them saw Kagome and Shippo dispatching a lower level youkai.
 
Looking Kikyo in the eyes and nodding, Kagome turned around and headed outside, Shippo in tow.
 
“What was that all about?” Was running in all four of the Sanzo party's heads.
 
“Come on let's go.” Sanzo stated, turning around and leaving with Gojyo, Hakkai, and Goku following right behind him.
 
“But I didn't get anything to eat!” Goku whined once they had gotten outside.
 
“Shut up ya damn chimp.” Gojyo yelled, hitting Goku in the back of the head.
 
“What was that for ya perverted water kappa?” Goku yelled back.
 
“Shut up both of you, I don't feel like listening to another one of your damn fights.” Sanzo yelled, hitting both of them with his paper fan.
 
Hearing someone giggle, Sanzo, Hakkai, Gojyo, and Goku looked up to see Kagome holding one hand over her mouth, trying to hold her laughter. The boy Shippo on the other hand looked annoyed.
 
Beckoning Goku to come closer, Kagome began to pull something out of the bag she was carrying. Going towards Kagome, Goku saw that Kagome was giving him a meat bun.
 
Smiling happily Goku thanked Kagome. “Wow thanks so much, I love meat buns.”
 
Shippo however was gaping at what Goku was doing. “Kagome that was my meat bun!” He whined.
 
But a look from Kagome soon shut him up. Pulling out three more meat buns, Kagome handed one to Sanzo, Hakkai, and Gojyo also.
 
Thanking her they all began to eat the meat bun she had given them.
 
“Come on Kagome, Shippo let's get out of here. Sango, Miroku, and Rin are waiting for us” Kikyo said from behind them, giving Kagome a disapproving look.
 
Smiling sheepishly, Kagom followed Kikyo towards the others, leaving the Sanzo party largely confused at their groups' odd behavior.
 
“Man I think they're even stranger than us.” Goku stated when Kagome, Kikyo, and Shippo were out of their sight.
 
“I gotta agree with you on that chimp.” Gojyo stated, lighting a cigarette.
 
“Let's get going.” Sanzo stated his mind still on Kagome. He couldn't place it, but he was sure he's met her before.
 
X---------------------X
 
 
“We'd like four rooms please.” Hakkai asked, the owner of the inn they were currently staying at. It had been two days since they had met that strange group from the restaurant. Though Sanzo still seemed kind of out of it.
 
“I'm sorry but we only have one room left.” The owner kindly stated.
 
“Is their any other inns around here.” Sanzo asked, unwilling to share a room with the others.
 
“Sorry, but this is the only one in town.”
 
“Fine we'll take it.” Sanzo reluctantly agreed.
 
“I'm gonna go get some food.” Goku said, heading the opposite way as Sanzo.
 
“I'll go with him to make sure he doesn't get into trouble.” Hakkai stated, following Goku out.
 
“I'm gonna roam the town.” Gojyo said, heading out the door.
 
Not bothering to look back, or give a reply Sanzo headed towards his room, once again lost in thought. Too occupied in his thoughts Sanzo failed to notice the body walking right in front of him and vice versa, until they collided with each other.
 
“Watch where you're going kid.” Sanzo said, once he got a look at who crashed into him. Not bothering to even spare him a second glance Sanzo headed into his room. To once again to be lost in his thoughts.
 
 
X----------------------X
 
“Hey Hakkai have you noticed that Sanzo seems kind of… out of it lately.” Goku mentioned, after they were done eating
 
“Yea I have, ever since we met that group two days ago.” Hakkai answered, getting lost in his thoughts.
 
“Hey look there's Gojyo.” Goku yelled, pointing at Gojyo in the distance.
 
“What have you been up to?” Hakkai asked once they had reached Gojyo.
 
“Just the usual.” Gojyo replied, throwing away the bud of a cigarette he had just finished.
 
“Come on let's head back to the hotel.” Hakkai said, leading the way as they walked in a comfortable silence.
 
 
TBC