Saiyuki Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Saiyuki or InuYasha
 
AN: The first chapter was kind of… slow, but it does get better. Also this is a Sanzo and Kagome pairing with slight hints of Kagome and Sesshomaru. I still have yet to decide if I'm going to make this a Gojyo/Sango or a Miroku/Sango pairing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last Time: “Come on Kagome, Shippo let's get out of here. Sango, Miroku, and Rin are waiting for us” Kikyo said from behind them, giving Kagome a disapproving look.
 
Smiling sheepishly, Kagom followed Kikyo towards the others, leaving the Sanzo party largely confused at their groups' odd behavior.
 
“Man I think they're even stranger than us.” Goku stated when Kagome, Kikyo, and Shippo were out of their sight.
 
“I gotta agree with you on that chimp.” Gojyo stated, lighting a cigarette.
 
“Let's get going.” Sanzo stated his mind still on Kagome. He couldn't place it, but he was sure he's met her before.
 
X---------------------X
 
 
“We'd like four rooms please.” Hakkai asked, the owner of the inn they were currently staying at. It had been two days since they had met that strange group from the restaurant. Though Sanzo still seemed kind of out of it.
 
“I'm sorry but we only have one room left.” The owner kindly stated.
 
“Is their any other inns around here.” Sanzo asked, unwilling to share a room with the others.
 
“Sorry, but this is the only one in town.”
 
“Fine we'll take it.” Sanzo reluctantly agreed.
 
“I'm gonna go get some food.” Goku said, heading the opposite way as Sanzo.
 
“I'll go with him to make sure he doesn't get into trouble.” Hakkai stated, following Goku out.
 
“I'm gonna roam the town.” Gojyo said, heading out the door.
 
Not bothering to look back, or give a reply Sanzo headed towards his room, once again lost in thought. Too occupied in his thoughts Sanzo failed to notice the body walking right in front of him and vice versa, until they collided with each other.
 
“Watch where you're going kid.” Sanzo said, once he got a look at who crashed into him. Not bothering to even spare him a second glance Sanzo headed into his room. To once again to be lost in his thoughts.
 
 
X----------------------X
 
“Hey Hakkai have you noticed that Sanzo seems kind of… out of it lately.” Goku mentioned, after they were done eating
 
“Yea I have, ever since we met that group two days ago.” Hakkai answered, getting lost in his thoughts.
 
“Hey look there's Gojyo.” Goku yelled, pointing at Gojyo in the distance.
 
“What have you been up to?” Hakkai asked once they had reached Gojyo.
 
“Just the usual.” Gojyo replied, throwing away the bud of a cigarette he had just finished.
 
“Come on let's head back to the hotel.” Hakkai said, leading the way as they walked in a comfortable silence.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Two
 
 
 
 
“Hey what's with Kagome?” Sango worriedly whispered in Kikyo's ear, as they continued to walk through the crowed streets of the town they had recently arrived at. It had been a week since their encounter with the Sanzo party. Currently Miroku was with Shippo and Rin buying food and other necessary supplies, while they looked around town for a good place to spend the night.
 
“I don't know?” Kikyo whispered back nonchalantly, but inside she was just as worried as Sango about her little sister. Lately Kagome had been somewhat withdrawn, and that worried her a lot. Kagome was definitely not the type of person to act aloof and the fact that she was scared them a lot.
 
“You're her sister, you're supposed to know.” Sango harshly replied.
 
“So, you're her best friend.” Kikyo countered.
 
“Fine how about this, later on tonight when we go get our room at the inn, we'll have Shippo and Rin share a room with Miroku, and that way we'll have a room for just the three of us. We'll ask her what's bugging then.” Kikyo planned.
 
“Fine.” Sango stated in a way that clearly meant that their conversation was over hoping Kagome didn't over hear them.
 
Kagome on the other hand had indeed heard every word that was said. Slowing down some, Kagome began to wonder if she had indeed been acting differently. She didn't think she had, or had she.
 
Snapping out of her thoughts when she felt someone brush by her, Kagome realized that Kikyo and Sango were no longer in sight. Walking down the street as swiftly as she could without bumping into people, Kagome still could not see Sango or Kikyo.
 
Wandering hopelessly around for a good few hours, Kagome sighed heavily to herself and gave up her search. No one was insight on the now deserted streets. Pulling out her wallet, she let out a loud groan when she was that she had no money what so ever.
 
Looking crestfallen, Kagome once again resumed her search for her sister and best friend, also keeping an eye out just in case she spotted Miroku, Shippo, or Rin instead. Maybe if she was lucky she'd run into some nice people who would take her in. But knowing her luck it'd probably be the complete opposite of what she wanted.
 
And it was, not too long after she had resumed her search, Kagome found herself surrounded by a group of vile looking youkai in an empty street.
 
Cursing her luck and the gods, Kagome got into fighting stance. “Are you the Higurashi girl?” The leader of the group of youkai asked. Not bothering to respond, Kagome continued to stare down the leader.
 
“By the way you choose not to respond, I'd have to assume that you are indeed Higurashi Kagome.” The leader smirked, “Remember we need her alive.” He called out to the group, earning a few growls of protest. Glaring at the group, the demon roared, “Don't forget as to who you are working for.”
 
And with that the group of youkai began to slowly advance. Counting the number of demons, Kagome prepared to defend herseld. However before they could advance any further, a chain soon came swinging by and wrapped itself around a few of the demons, slicing them up.
 
“Tsk, tsk. A bunch of low life youkai like you gaining up on one girl, how pathetic can ya get.” A smooth voice cut through the street.
 
“Yea you guys must be really sad to gang up on somebody.” A more childish voice stated.
 
“My, my and here we thought that you youkai couldn't get any lower.” Another voice calmly said.
 
“Enough with the mindless chit chat already, let's just kill the damn youkia already.”
 
Looking up towards the people who spoke those words, Kagome saw the four guys she had met at the restaurant a week ago. Offering a small smile, Kagome mistakenly took her attention off of the demon before her, who took the chance to grab a dagger from inside his vest and successfully manage to stab her in the side with it.
 
Feeling the blade within her side Kagome wasted no time in purifying the demon who had dared to stab her. After she had purified him, Kagome began to fell very woozy, swaying a bit, Kagome pulled out the blade only to see that there was small traces of poison on it. Taking a step back, Kagome soon blacked out, but before she hit the ground, a pair of arms reached out and grabbed her before she could.
 
 
 
X---------------------X
 
 
 
 
“Damn it Miroku, how could we lose Kagome.” A stressed voice frantically growled out.
 
“Calm down Sango, we'll find her. This is a small town, besides Kagome is perfectly capable of taking care of herself. How much trouble could she get in?” Miroku calmly stated, patting Sango soothingly on her back, going a little farther down than necessary.
 
Glaring at Miroku with a look that clearly stated, “Do I look like an idiot to you”? Gulping, Miroku slowly removed his wander hand.
 
“Can't you keep your hands to yourself for more than an instance? And I know Kagome can take care of herself, but remember this is Kagome we're talking about.” Sango seethed, hitting Miroku with each word she said, releasing pent up aggression.
 
“Whoa, whoa calm down Sango. I'm sure that Kikyo and Shippo will find Kagome in no time. Besides, I don't think Miroku could survive another hit from you Sango.” Rin giggled, grabbing Sango by the fist to stop her from continuing her Miroku bashing.
 
“Alright.” Sango reluctantly said, pulling her fist out of Rin's grasp. “But, what if they can't find her.”
 
Pulling himself off of the floor, Miroku dusted his robes and contributed, “I'm sure that Kikyo and Shippo will walk through those doors with Kagome in no time.” And surprisingly enough just as those words came out of his mouth Shippo and Kikyo entered the room, both looking downcast.
 
“Well, did you find Kagome?” Rin asked, not noticing the crestfallen looks on their faces.
 
“No.” Shippo childishly said, starring at the floor with a frustrated look on his face.
 
“We looked everywhere, Shippo couldn't track her scent and I couldn't even sense her aura.” Kikyo coolly stated, not once portraying her true emotions over this whole ordeal.
 
“If you couldn't sense her aura, and Shippo couldn't track her scent, do you think that she might have somehow left the city.” Miroku spoke with a serious look on his face.
 
“That has to be the only possible reason why neither Shippo nor I could sense her.” Kikyo added.
 
“Come on, let's get some rest. We're gonna have one hell of a day looking for Kagome tomorrow.” Rin piped up, trying to be optimistic.
 
Reluctantly everyone agreed, and soon they each piled into their own rooms one by one, leaving Kikyo by herself.
 
Letting out a low sigh, Kikyo proceeded to let her long onyx hair out of the low ponytail she currently had it in. Running a hand through her hair, she made her way towards the only window in her small room. Gazing up at the waning moon, Kikyo thought to herself, “Please be alright Kagome. I've failed you once; I won't let you down again.”
 
 
 
 
X---------------------X
 
 
 
 
Watching the slumbering girl, Genjyo Sanzo, took out one of his cigarettes and lit up. Right in front of him, was the very girl that had been plaguing his mind over the last few days.
 
That day after him, Goku and the others had saved her from the gang of youkai, they had taken her in and bandaged her, where they discovered the poison. Luckily it hadn't spread too far and they were able to take it all out. That was two days ago.
 
Sighing, Sanzo continued to watch her. Hakkai and Goku had gone out to get some more food and beer, and Gojyo had just taken off. Good thing for him too, he didn't want them to see him well, so out of character.
 
He still couldn't place it but he knew he had met her somewhere before, and her named seemed so familiar. Kagome, such an odd name yet so familiar.
 
Suddenly, the girl before him began to stir. Watching her intently Sanzo saw her open her eyes for a few seconds before she closed them just as quickly as she had opened them. But in that instance, Sanzo had caught sight of two, bright sapphire eyes which triggered a memory of a time long ago.
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
 
AN: Sorry for the long wait for those of you who actually care about this story and also that it was so short. I promise to make the next chapter longer. I was going to make this one longer and continue on with Sanzo's memory, but I think I'll let you wait a little. ^_^ I might even mention why Kagome doesn't talk. Well, until next time.