Saiyuki Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Saiyuki or InuYasha and I never will.
 
 
AN: I know it's been a while since I've updated, but I just couldn't decide what to write. I can't even remember how many times I've restarted this chapter. Hopefully this version will satisfy.
 
 
 
 
Last Time: Watching the slumbering girl, Genjyo Sanzo, took out one of his cigarettes and lit up. Right in front of him was the very girl that had been plaguing his mind over the last few days.
 
That day after him, Goku and the others had saved her from the gang of youkai; they had taken her in and bandaged her, where they discovered the poison. Luckily it hadn't spread too far and they were able to take it all out. That was two days ago.
 
Sighing, Sanzo continued to watch her. Hakkai and Goku had gone out to get some more food and beer and Gojyo had just taken off. Good thing for him too, he didn't want them to see him well, so out of character.
 
He still couldn't place it but he knew he had met her somewhere before, and her named seemed so familiar. Kagome, such an odd name, yet so familiar.
 
Suddenly, the girl before him began to stir. Watching her intently Sanzo saw her open her eyes for a few seconds before she closed them just as quickly as she had opened them. But in that instance, Sanzo had caught sight of two, bright sapphire eyes which triggered a memory of a time long ago.
 
 
 
Chapter Three
 
 
Flashback,
 
 
“Master Sanzo, what is it that you needed me for?” A young boy asked, his droopy purple eyes looking to his master for an answer.
 
“Kouryuu, I have just received a letter that Lady Midoriko is on her way and she is bringing a guest who is in rather bad condition. I want you to go prepare a room for Lady Midoriko, and prepare yours also. And I also want you to have a bowl of warm water and fresh bandages ready.” Master Sanzo answered.
 
“Why do I have to prepare mine?” Kouryuu inquired, not quite liking where this was going.
 
“We do not have enough rooms for our guest, and so you must share yours with the young lady who is accompanying Lady Midoriko.” Sanzo answered, and then added, “This will not be a problem will it Kouryuu?”
 
“No master.” Kouryuu sourly replied.
 
“Good, now they are set to arrive my midday today.” And with that Sanzo left to take care of some other business.
 
Scowling, Sanzo headed to the guest room first. He'd clean the rooms first and then he would attend to the water and bandages. He didn't really like the prospect of sharing a room, especially with some strange girl.
 
Just as he was finishing his chores Kouryuu heard Master Sanzo enter his room. “Kouryuu it appears that our guest has arrived. Please come with me to greet them.”
 
“Yes Master Sanzo.” Kouryuu politely bowed, not too thrilled about their guest.
 
Following Master Sanzo, Kouryuu was led towards the front of the shrine. Once he reached the courtyard, Kouryuu saw a tall women standing there, holding a young girl, who appeared younger than himself, bridal style.
 
“Priestess Midoriko, it is an honor to have you here.” Master Sanzo politely greeted.
 
“Master Sanzo thank you for your hospitality. If you would not mind, I would like to tend to my young companion now. She still has yet to awaken.” Midoriko replied, her cool eyes taking a warmth tone to them as she looked at the young girl in her arms.
 
Nodding his head, Master Sanzo said, “My young apprentice, Kouryuu, will take you to the room where the girl shall be staying. He has already prepared warm water and fresh towels for you.”
 
Bowing the best she could with the girl in her arms, Midoriko followed Kouryuu to his room. She was not walking for long, for Kouryuu soon came to a stop.
 
“Here you are Lady Midoriko; this is the room that has been prepared for your companion.” He spoke, waiting for her to reply.
 
“Thank you Kouryuu. I will call you if I need any help.” Midoriko replied, heading inside without waiting for him to reply.
 
Curious over the cold priestess, Kouryuu stayed by the doorway, watching as she tended to the small girl, with a pensive look on her face. He was surprised when he saw her changing bandages over the girl's wrists, and back. Just by the few glimpses he managed to catch, the wounds looked horrible.
 
Lost in his thought, Kouryuu failed to notice that Midoriko was no longer dealing with the girl, but was now on heading towards him.
 
“I see that you have decided to stay.”
 
Keeping his cool façade, Kouryuu just nodded his head.
 
“I have to go talk with your master about a few things. I would like it if you watched over her for me.” Midoriko spoke, catching Kouryuu in the eyes.
 
“Yes Priestess Midoriko.” Kouryuu answered, knowing that he had no other choice. “If you don't mind priestess, what is her name?”
 
Smiling sadly, Midoriko spoke, “I'm afraid I do not know. If she happens to awaken, please let me know immediately.”
 
Nodding his head, Kouryuu watched as Priestess Midoriko became smaller and smaller down the hall.
 
 
 
 
Kouryuu sighed, Priestess Midoriko and Master Sanzo had been in conference for hours now, the crescent moon was now out in the middle of the night sky. And still the girl had not stirred one bit.
 
“Water rat, dinner is served.” One of the temple's residents crudely spoke, handing Kouryuu a plate of fish and rice.
 
Glaring, Kouryuu took the food without a single word. Setting it down on a nearby stool, he went back to starring out the window.
 
Finally feeling hungry, Kouryuu got up to eat his now cold food. Glancing at the girl one last time, he was surprised to see her eyelids begin to flutter.
 
Stepping towards her, Kouryuu saw as her eyes began to slowly open, revealing a pair of bright blue orbs.
 
 
 
 
Sanzo watched as Kagome still slept. Gojyo, Hakkai, and Goku had yet to return, and for that he was grateful.
 
Sighing, he got up from his spot, and walked towards the window. Looking up at the moon, he was slightly shocked to see that it was a crescent moon like that day all those years ago.
 
 
 
 
“Whe… Where am I?” She frantically asked fear etched into her blue orbs.
 
Composing himself, Kouryuu replied, “Calm down kid. You're at a temple, you're safe here.”
 
Slowly nodding her head, she slowly spoke, “Who are you?”
 
“They call me Kouryuu here. What about you? What's your name?” He inquired, carefully masking his curiosity about the girl before him.
 
“My…my name is Kagome.” She slowly stuttered, looking a little less frightened.
 
“Kagome.” Kouryuu whispered, testing out the name. It was an odd name, yet it seemed to suit her.
 
Catching the sound of her stomach growling, Kouryuu focused his gaze on Kagome. Starring as she started to blush clearly embarrassed.
 
“I have some food if you're hungry.” He offered, grabbing his tray of food and handing it to her.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome quietly replied, grabbing the tray and setting it down before her, ready to dig in.
 
Suddenly recalling what Priestess Midoriko had told him. Telling Kagome that he was going to go get the priestess, Kouryuu went off to Master Sanzo's chambers.
 
Reaching the room, Kouryuu stood outside his Master's door, ready to knock when he heard Sanzo's voice.
 
“If what you say is true, he will not be down for long. I fear that this may only be the beginning.”
 
“I know what you mean. And if that girl is indeed the one like I suspect she is, he will be after her again. I've only managed to slip his grasp momentarily.” Midoriko's voice rang out, piping his curiosity.
 
“You are welcome here as long as you wish Lady Midoriko.” Sanzo politely spoke.
 
“Thank you Sanzo, but I will not over stay my welcome. As soon as she awakens and is completely healed, we will leave to begin her training.” She said, finalizing the conversation.
 
Snapping out of his stupor, Kouryuu knocked on the door, impatiently waiting for a reply.
 
“Come in.”
 
Walking inside, Kouryuu politely bowed and proceeded to tell Midoriko that Kagome had awoken.
 
 
 
 
“Why Sanzo, I was beginning to suspect that you swung the other way? No wonder you wanted your own room so badly.” Gojyo remarked, stepping inside of the room, having instantly noticed the slumbering miko.
 
Narrowing his eyes, Sanzo got to his feet, and put his gun to Gojyo's forehead and replied, “You want to keep talking you lech?”
 
“Relax Sanzo I was just joking. Can't you take a joke?” Gojyo spoke, only to receive a cold glare from Sanzo in reply.
 
Muttering under his breath, Gojyo said, “Of course he can't.” Speaking changing the subject, Gojyo asked, “So who's the chick anyway?” Trying to get a better look at her.
 
About to answer, Hakkai and Goku walked into the room, carrying grocery bags.
 
“You know you could have stayed and helped us carry these you lazy, perv!” Goku loudly complained, unaware of the girl on the bed.
 
“Shut up you stupid monkey, can't you see Sanzo has company.” Gojyo hissed in Goku's ear as he hit him on his head.
 
“What do you mean Sanzo has company?” Goku asked, rubbing his hurt head.
 
“Well if you look on the bed Goku you would see.” Hakkai spoke, looking at the girl himself, surprised that she was there.
 
“Hey that's the girl from the restaurant! Man those were good meat buns.” Goku exclaimed.
 
“Goku I think you should keep it down before you wake her.” Hakkai spoke up, trying to avoid a fight that was destined to be unavoidable.
 
“Yea ya damn chimp keep it down.” Gojyo smirked, hitting Goku again.
 
“Stop hitting me you lech.” Goku whined, landing a hit on Gojyo.
 
“Damn it, if the both of ya don't shut up this instant I will shut you up myself.” Sanzo scolded, repeatedly hitting both of them over the head with his paper fan.
 
Upon hearing Kagome let out a low moan, Sanzo stopped his beating. Glaring at the two, Sanzo said, “Keep it down, I'm going to bed.” And with that Sanzo found in a spot on the floor, and soon closed his eyes.
 
“But wait aren't you going to tell us why she's here?” Goku asked, truly curious as to why she was here.
 
His question fell on deaf ears. Grumbling Goku found a spot and fell asleep also, Hakkai and Gojyo following his lead.
 
 
 
 
“Rin how the hell can you be so perky this early in the morning. With Kagome still missing no less.” Sango growled out, tempted to just whack the younger girl on the head.
 
Stopping momentarily, Rin shrugged, “I don't, I guess I just know deep down that we're going to find Kagome, and things will turn out alright.”
 
Hearing this, Kikyo smiled sadly, hoping what Rin had said was true, and that they would find Kagome safe and unharmed. But even if they did find her, they still had “him” to worry about. Their group had already lost two members, and they didn't know how much time Miroku had left.
 
They couldn't afford to lose Kagome also.
 
“Don't worry, we'll find her and take care of that bastard.” Sango quietly said, placing a comforting arm around Kikyo's shoulder.
 
“Yes, I don't believe that we should overly concern ourselves with Kagome's welfare. She has been out on her own before, and she knows how to survive.” Miroku spoke up, placing his arms around Kikyo and Sango.
 
Nodding her head, Kikyo shrugged Sango and Miroku's arm off, and thanked them. Taking a glance on the only member of their group who has yet to speak, Kikyo watched as Rin tried to soothe a distraught Shippo.
 
Though Kagome was her sister, Shippo had been with Kagome the longest. And he was also taking her absence the hardest.
 
 
 
 
Kagome slowly began to awake due to the throbbing coming from her side. Confused, it only took a second for the memory of last night to come rushing back to her, but that still did not explain where she was. Muttering a small prayer, the wound was soon healed.
 
Looking around, Kagome was surprised to see the people from the other night. Studying the faces of each person, her gazed finally landed on the target she sought.
 
There, curled up in the corner sleeping, was Kouryuu, she was positive of it.
 
Quietly, Kagome made her way towards him. Kneeling down, so that she was face to face with him, she was tempted to touch his face.
 
Knowing that he was a light sleeper, Kagome decided against it. Standing back up, she decided that it would be best if she left now. She did not want a repeat of last time.
 
With one final look back around the room, Kagome took off, careful not to wake anyone. Unaware that someone had been awaked and had watched her every move.
 
Stepping outside, she looked to the sky to determine the time of day. Realizing that there was only an hour or two until sunrise, Kagome set off, not quite sure where she was going.
 
“Hey where are you going?” A voice called out, hopping to stop her.
 
Coming to a halt, Kagome spun around to face the owner of the voice. Recognizing the short, brown haired boy, she slowly began to approach him.
 
“Why'd you leave? It's dangerous to be out here all alone. Come on let's go back to the inn and get some food.” Goku spoke, wondering what the deal was with her and Sanzo.
 
Hesitating, Kagome took a second to consider his offer. But before she could come to a decision, Kagome felt the presence of an all too familiar demon.
 
About to act, she suddenly came to a stop when a sultry voice began to speak. “Well look what we have here. A mute miko and a chimp. Don't tell me that your pathetic friends finally decided to ditch you.” She taunted.
 
Glaring, Kagome made no move to reply, instead she just prepared for an attach she was certain to come. Goku following her lead, not liking the look of the new comers before him.
 
They didn't have to wait long, for they were soon surrounded.
 
TBC
 
 
 
AN: I have finally finished this chapter and I am exhausted. I hope y'all like it, I would have typed more but I'm just too tired.
 
Also, the next chapter to Healing the Heartache should come out by Sunday if I get access to internet. ^_^