Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ Satori ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Satori
By: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
Disclaimer: Saiyuki and all of its characters are owned by Kazuya Minkura, her Japanese publishers, and Tokyopop. I only play with them for grins and giggles.
 
A/N: The inspiration for this piece came from not only Saiyuki Reload volume 9, but also a line in the Zen Master Shunryu Suzuki's book Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. It took me right to Sanzo when I read it: “Kill the Buddha.” Very, very slight Sanzo/Goku.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
He'd left the fools to complete his one over-riding obsession: find the asshole that shot Goku. Track down the - thankfully lousy - assassin of the one person who actually meant something to him, and grind him into paste beneath his boot. He needed no one else for that. Or so he'd thought.
 
Weeks had passed since his departure, and he was no closer than when he'd left Gojyo to tend the injured Hakkai and Seiten Taisei; getting roundly cursed by the hanyou as he'd walked away. Traveling with Hazel and Gat was worse than the traveling with the others. It was like babysitting a bunch of wide-eyed, innocent schoolgirls. He'd struck out in his search, until he arrived, claiming credit for shooting Goku like a rabid dog. And looking to do the same to him.
 
Dream on, shit-for-brains.
 
Ukoku Sanzo was in the process of turning him into what could be termed a “bloody dead thing,” when help arrived. Battered, bruised, and reeling, he felt no relief when his idiot traveling companions arrived - fortuitously - on the scene, only the click of destiny and inevitability as they settled into place around him, one-liners and weapons at the ready. As the welcome - though no less irritating - sensation of Hakkai's healing chi flowed through his broken body, Genjyo Sanzo came to an irritating realization.
 
This group - his group - was made up of four very different people who, together, were greater than the sum of its parts. But at the same time, it was those four parts that made the group what it was. Even though Sanzo hated to admit it, they were irreplaceable. That's why they could reunite like this, as if he hadn't left them. In essence, the four of them were like the Yin-Yang Symbol. Perfectly balanced.
 
He ground his teeth just thinking about it. At this rate, he'd need a dentist when they got back to Chang'An.
 
“Fuck enlightenment,” he muttered, reaching for his gun, ignoring the pain of his wounds at the movement. “Give me muichimotsu any day. I got a Buddha to kill.”