Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ A New Comer ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“There is also scars on your right arm.” he said.
Keiko's eyes went wide as she looked at her arm. / How could he possibly know that? / she asked herself.
“Who are you?” she asked the man looking up from her arm, but he was gone.
She suddenly got lightheaded and needed to get back to the room. She started walking holding a hand up to her head. She started to pick up the pace. Her hearing was starting to go. She started to run.
Hakkai was looking around and saw Keiko running. He saw her run into the Inn and decided to make sure she was okay. When he reached the Inn he saw her leaning up against a wall. One hand on her head and another on the wall. He walked over to her, “Keiko, are you okay?”
She looked up at him and was about to say something, but before she could say anything, her eyes went blank. She started to fall but Hakkai caught her before she hit the ground.
He picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room. He grabbed the room key out of Keiko's pocket and unlocked the door. He twisted the knob and kicked it open. He carried her over to the bed and laid her down. She was burning up. He turned on the fan full blast for her. He walked out of the room taking the key with him. He went back outside to join the others.
After awhile, her eyes snapped open. She looked around her dark room. She sat up putting a hand to her head, “What happened?” she asked herself. “All I can remember is that creepy guy. What did he mean when he said that I share a past with someone in my group?” she asked herself again.
She looked at the clock on the nightstand next to her bed. It was about 10:30 at night. She still heard music and saw light through the curtains in her room. She got up and opened her door. It shut behind her.
She walked outside to try and find the Sanzo party. She walked lazily watching for any sign of the group. She spotted Gojyo trying to seduce some woman. She rolled her eyes and casually walked up to him, “Hey, have you seen the others?” she asked tugging on his shirt a bit.
“No, now get lost.” he said glaring at her. He looked back at the ladies and smiled at them, “Sorry about that.”
Keiko walked away. This was going to be impossible! There were too many people. She was walking aimlessly and yawned. She wasn't paying attention and ran into someone. She fell backwards on to the ground. She had run in to Hakkai. He turned around and helped her up.
“Sorry about that.” she said with a smile.
“Are you feeling any better?” he asked her with concern.
“Yeah but, I don't remember anything that happened after…..” she trailed off.
“After what?” he asked her.
“Never mind. It's not important.” she said with a smile.
Later that night Goku had to stay in Sanzo and Hakkai's room because Gojyo wasn't back yet. The party went all night until people decided to leave. He was going to stay out late. Keiko got lonely and was in their room too.
Keiko looked around the room, “Does anyone have a different name in this room?” she asked out of the blue.
“What do you mean?” Goku asked.
“Like…has anyone's name been changed?”
Sanzo shot a look over at Hakkai, “Why do you ask?” Sanzo asked.
“Because, today when I was off by myself, an old man called me over to him. He was at a stand. He said that I share a past with someone in our group. I'm thinking about things in my past, and one thing stood out.” Keiko said. “I remember the name…Choagono.” she said.
Hakkai looked at her in shock.
“It's you, isn't it Hakkai.”
All Hakkai could do was stare.
“I was there at the temple where you killed all of those demons. I was there to be killed. My parents had sent me there to be executed. But then, you came along. I broke open the jail cell I was in, and knew that I couldn't thank you there. You would have killed me. I escaped.” Keiko said looking at him.
“But, I thought that…there were no survivors.” he said stunned.
“Well, there was. I want to thank you. You saved me. You also did a good job of killing all of those demons.” Keiko said.
“Well, your welcome.” he said with a slight smile.
“Hey, there's one thing I really wanted to know. That demon, the one in the forest that day, did you know him?” Sanzo asked looking at Keiko with wondering eyes.
“Well, uh, yes. I know him. He was my best friend in the world and always told me he loved me no matter what. After I killed my family he came up to me and said….”
Flashback
Keiko stood letting tears roll down her cheeks staring at the bodies of her family lying on the floor. She couldn't believe that she had done, but apart of her still knew she had to do it. But still, her own family.
“Keiko, no matter what you do or where you go, I'll always love you and always be with you. I'll always be on your side.” Alex said pulling the girl into a tight embrace. She cried into his shoulder hot, painful tears.
She looked up at him, “I have to leave. They will kill me if I don't” she said. “They already tried once. Until I'm dead, they won't rest.”
End of Flashback
 
Keiko tried so hard to hold back her tears. She felt them in her eyes threatening to pour out. Then, one fell out of her eye. She quickly whipped it away. “I just….I can't believe that he broke his promise to Me.” she said.
Later that night, Gojyo came back and everyone went back to their original rooms. Keiko dove for her bed. She quickly unzipped her backpack and took out a picture of her and Alex. She felt rage take over her and without thinking she threw the photo as hard as she could at the wall. It shattered. She broke down crying.
Hakkai had heard the glass break and walked down to Keiko's room. He gently knocked on the door, “Keiko, are you okay?” he asked through the door.
There was only silence.
“Can I come in?” he asked her.
“Yeah.” she said faintly.
Hakkai slowly opened the door and walked over to the crying Keiko. He sat on the bed next to her, “Don't think about the past. Think about what's here and now.” Hakkai said.
“But, those memories. They are just so….” she couldn't even finish. She broke down crying into her hands.
Hakkai pulled the girl close to him, “Even when it seems like the world is crashing down on you, you always have someone there for you.” he said letting Keiko cry into her shoulder.
Keiko looked up at the man and smiled, “Thanks.” she said.
The next morning Keiko woke up to the alarm clock on the nightstand. She hit the off button. She sat up and looked around. She didn't even know that she had fallen asleep. She looked around to see if the picture was on the floor still. She noticed that it wasn't, “Hakkai must have cleaned it up for me.” she said to herself.
She grabbed her backpack off of the floor and unzipped it. She put on a pair of shorts with a dark red t-shirt. She slipped on a pair of socks and her white tennis shoes. She put her hair into a neat ponytail. She slipped on her backpack.
She came out of her room and was walking to Sanzo and Hakkai's room. She knocked on the door. Sanzo opened it and let her in.
“Are you guys almost done?” she asked.
“Yeah.” Sanzo said.
“We'll be done in a bit.” Hakkai said smiling.
Gojyo and Goku knocked on the door. Keiko raced over to the door and opened it. They both walked in. Gojyo noticed her outfit, “How much do you have in that thing?” he asked pointing to the backpack.
“I have one pair of pants, one pair of caprise, one pair of shorts, and a mini skirt. I also have a long sleeve shirt, a tank-top, a corset, and a t-shirt.” she said. “Then, as you can imagine, all the other stuff like tooth paste, a tooth brush, hair brush etc.” she said with a smile. “I always have to fold everything to make it all fit.” she said.
Gojyo stared at her, “I don't know how you woman do it all.” he said walking away.
“Well, I think we should go now.” Sanzo said emptying the ash tray.
Hakaru transformed in the parking lot. They all climbed in. Hakkai started the jeep up and backed out of the parking space. They were off. They had to go through the desert to get to the next town. It was the hottest that it had ever been.