Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ A New Comer ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Keiko didn't do so well in hot weather. It took all the energy she had right out of her.
She tapped Sanzo on the shoulder, “Hey Sanzo, can I use your fan?” she asked as sweet as she possibly could.
“No.” he said bluntly.
“Fine.” she said leaning back into the seat. She couldn't take it anymore. “Hey Gojyo, can I have a beer?” she asked him.
“No.” he said without thinking.
“Why is everyone turning me down?” she asked getting annoyed. “Hakkai drive faster so there is more of a breeze.” she said.
“I can't go any faster. Sorry Keiko.” he said.
“GOD! I'M GONNA DIE!” Keiko yelled. “How much farther to the next town?” she asked.
“We still have a ways to go.” Hakkai said back to Keiko.
The night was slowly setting in against the day. Sanzo and Goku had fallen asleep. That left Gojyo, Hakkai and Keiko up. Keiko suddenly got an idea. She unzipped a pocket of her backpack.
“What are you getting now?” Gojyo asked rolling his eyes.
“Shut up and you'll see.” Keiko said smiling.
She took out a metal slinky. It was on of the best kind. She started to play with it. She remembered how she always use to play with it on the stairs when she was just a little girl.
The noise of the metal was starting to get on Gojyo's nerves. He looked at her, “Would you stop that, please?!” he yelled.
“If you are gonna say it like that, then….no.” she said back coolly.
“Will you please stop making that noise Keiko?” Gojyo asked politely.
“No.” she said continuing to play.
“You little brat! Put the damn thing down!”
“Shut up you perv!”
“What did you just call me?”
“I called you a prev!”
“Excuse me, but I recall someone landing on top of me!”
“I tripped you moron!”
“SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!” Goku yelled loudly giving a death glare at the two. Right after he fell right back asleep looking as cute as ever.
Keiko looked at Gojyo with death written all over her face, “Look what you did? You woke him up.” she whispered.
“It's not my fault, it's yours.”
“Liar!” Keiko yelled.
Suddenly a fan swung around aiming for Keiko, but she dodged it making it hit Gojyo on the head.
“The next person to talk dies.” Sanzo said from the front seat.
Hakkai let out a slight chuckle. Keiko snickered while Gojyo glared. He was sending her a `I'm going to kill you' look.
After a while, Keiko had fallen asleep. Gojyo looked blankly at the boring scenery passing him by. Hakkai looked back and noticed that Keiko had fallen asleep on Gojyo's shoulder. He smiled a bit.
“Looks like she got a bit tired. It's a good thing that's she's sleeping though. I know that the heat takes a lot out of her.”
“She tells you a lot, doesn't she.” Gojyo said looking at the young girl on his shoulder.
“Yeah. She said I was the only person she could trust. She wants to get to know all of you, but, she thinks that you guys don't like her. She always thinks that she's an outsider.”
“Well, she is an outsider, but we don't hate her.”
“Tell her that.”
Gojyo looked down at Keiko and noticed her arm. There was to scars that almost looked like tiger strips. He gently picked up the girls arm to get a closer look. /Why wasn't I able to see these before?/ he asked himself.
“What are you doing?' a sleepy Keiko asked looking up at Gojyo.
“Umm….nothing.” he answered.
“Then why are you holding my arm?” Keiko asked raising an eyebrow.
“Umm….no reason.” he answered.
“Then let go of me perv.” she said ripping her arm away. “Now I'm gonna be awake. Thanks.” she said rolling her eyes. She looked in the rearview mirror. “Aren't you tried Hakkai?” she asked.
“Yes but, we need to get to the next town.” he said with a yawn he couldn't fight back.
“I'll drive if you want.” Keiko offered.
Gojyo laughed. “You honestly think that we'd trust you at the wheel? That's like letting the monkey drive.” he said.
Keiko glared at Gojyo, “ I'm 17 you moron.” she said.
“Yeah, but you just woke up.” Hakkai said.
Keiko leaned over his seat Hakkai's seat, “Come on Hakkai. You need to rest. Please let me drive.” she said with big eyes.
“Sorry Keiko. It's just to risky.” he said as nice as possible.
Keiko sat back in her seat in defeat, “Fine then.”
The next morning they arrived in the town.
“I'm hungry!” Goku whined for the hundredth time.
“We get it already monkey.” Gojyo said lighting his cigarette.
“Shut up you ero-kappa!” Goku yelled.
“You shut up monkey boy!” Gojyo yelled back.
“Don't call me that you pervy water sprite!”
“You wanna say that again?!” Gojyo yelled.
Suddenly, two loud gun shots went off, “Shut the hell up or I will kill you.” Sanzo said angrily.
“Sanzo, can we get something to eat?” Goku asked.
“Shut up.” Sanzo said.
“Hey Sanzo…” Keiko said.
“WHAT?!” he yelled turning around to see Keiko standing behind him with big eyes. He sighed,” What is it Keiko?” he asked.
“I'm, kind of hungry too. If you want, I'll take Goku out to breakfast. I'll use my money.” she said with a smile.
“Fine.” Sanzo said.
“Come on Goku. Let's go eat.” Keiko said.
“Alright! You're the best Keiko.”
The two began to walk off. Gojyo looked over at Sanzo, “Are you sure that that was a good idea?” he questioned.
“It'll be fine.” Sanzo said watching the two.
Mean while, Keiko and Goku were looking for a place to eat. Keiko spotted a reastutrant, “Hey Goku, let's eat here.” she said.
“Okay.” Goku agreed.
They walked in and got a table. Keiko looked at the young boy looking over the menu with sparkling eyes.
“I only have 300 bucks and I'm not spending all of it.” she said looking back at her menu.
“I know.”
They ordered what they wanted and finally got their drinks.
Goku looked up at Keiko, “Thanks for all of this.” Goku said.
“No problem. Sanzo was being a jerk-off.” she said taking a sip of her drink.
They got their food and began to eat. As they were eating a white haze rolled in making everyone fall asleep.
Goku and Keiko covered their nose. Goku covered his nose with a cloth and so did Keiko.
Keiko grabbed Goku's hand, “Come with me.” they ran outside to see people laying unconscious in the street. “We have to look for the others.” she said to Goku.
They ran the streets looking for any sign of the others. The mist was starting to burn their eyes. Goku rubbed his eyes furiously. Keiko stoped to look at the site. She spotted the three men laying in the street.
“Come on Goku.” she said running with him. She almost got to the bodies when demons blocked the path. Keiko stopped. Her eyes went wide.
“Attack.” a voice said.
Keiko looked at Goku who was on the verge of passing out, “Stay with me a tad bit longer Goku. Hang in there.” she said.