Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ The Adventures Are Over, Aren't They? ❯ Chapter 7: Strange Flowers And The Red Moon ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7: Strange Flowers And The Red Moon
 
After they felt well rested, they walked around the village to look around. They found that man and went over to him. He turned around to see them standing behind him.
 
“Are you ready to purify the demon now?” asked the man. “I believe I can handle that now.” said Sanzo. “Alright, but only Sanzo can go. The demon doesn't like many people around him. I won't even be going in with him.” said the man.
 
Cho leaned towards Sanzo and whispered, “be careful, it may very well be a trap.” “Naw, you think!” said Sanzo still irritated at Cho. Goku had pilled Gojyo away to a food stand.
 
The man led Sanzo away and took him to a shrine where the demon was staying. Hakuryu had gone with him when Cho asked him to. Though he stayed back where he wouldn't be seen.
 
After Sanzo was out of sight, Cho went over to where Goku and Gojyo were. It didn't take Gojyo long to notice that Sanzo was gone, but Goku was being obsessive with food again. They bought him some and then went to a bar.
 
“Do you think it was a trap?” asked Gojyo. “More than likely.” said Cho. “Cho?” asked Goku.
 
“Yes.” said Cho. “Why is it that Sanzo has been annoyed at you more than us today?” asked Goku. “It's because of a pitchure I took of the three of you.” said Cho.
 
“Why would he be mad at that?” asked Gojyo. “You know how we were close together last night to keep warm.” said Cho. “Yeah.” said Goku and Gojyo.
 
“Well, when I woke you, you three were so close that Goku was nearly kissing him, and you Gojyo. You were hugged up on his back so close that it took me a while to figure it out.” said Cho smiling. “You have got to be kidding!” said Gojyo. Cho took out the pitchure and showed it to them.
 
Goku started to blush as he saw how close he was to Sanzo's face and Gojyo could believe how the three of them looked. “So he didn't want people to see this huh.” said Gojyo with a devilish smile. “Yes, I think he was actually a bit embarrassed about it.” said Cho grinning wider.
 
“Mind if I borrow this?” asked Gojyo. “As long as you don't tell him I gave it to you.” said Cho. Gojyo smile even more devilishly and he got up and left.
 
Cho was wondering what he was planning on doing with the pitchure. After Cho and Goku had eaten a bit more, they went back to the inn to see if they could find Gojyo. They heard him laughing and saw him come out of Sanzo's room (they had separate rooms).
 
When Gojyo saw them standing there looking at him, and motioned for them to come over to him. Then he opened the door to Sanzo's room. They all started to laugh hard as they looked into his room.
 
Hakuryu came flying towards then and Cho shut the door. He thought that Sanzo might have come back with him, but Hakuryu was alone. Hakuryu was flaying around madly and `cheeping'.
 
Then Hakuryu flew out of the building with them following him. Hakuryu led them to the temple that Sanzo was at. The man was standing outside with a sinister grin.
 
They walked up to him and he seemed surprised to see them there. “W-what are you doing here?” asked the man. “Where is Sanzo at?” asked Goku. Before the man could answer them, they heard gun shots from inside.
 
They were ready to run in there and help him out, but the man stopped them. Then his body transformed into a hideous bat demon. His screeching made them fall to there knees as the sonic sound waves threaten to bust there ear drums.
 
Cho used his chi to create a sound barrier around them. Then Gojyo summoned his shakujou (a staff with a crescent-shaped blade connected by a chain) and sliced up the demon. He was a very low demon, so he wasn't that hard to defeat.
 
Then they ran into the building to find Sanzo. They could tell by the looks of things in here that Sanzo had used his Maten Sutra. Sanzo was standing in the middle of the building and looked over at them as they entered.
 
“What the hell took you so long!?” asked Sanzo. Then he started to stagger before he fell to the ground. He was still conscious, just not able to stand that much.
 
Gojyo and Cho went over to him and lifted him. By the time they had gotten back to the inn, Sanzo had fallen asleep. They were a bit relived because they didn't want to be near him when he saw his surprise in his room.
 
Later on in the day, before night fall, a woman brought some red flowers. She gave one to each of the boys, and sat one if Sanzo's room by his bed.
They assumed that it was a thank you present from the village, so they didn't think much about it.
 
They put the flowers on the bed side table and went to sleep. That night was a most mysterious night indeed. For you see, to night was the night of the red moon.
 
A mysterious moon that comes along once every millennium. No one knows why the moon turns red on that night, nor has anyone figured out what the red moon meant, or at least not until tonight. While they slept, something strange was happening to them.
 
To Be Continued…
 
A.N.: I hope that you are enjoying reading my story. See what happens after the red moon and the flowers have an effect on Goku, Gojyo, Cho, and Sanzo.