Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven above Heaven above Heaven ❯ They sow a wind... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still stands. Pity.
Warning: Not my first language.
 
 
Chapter I: They sow a wind…
 
Sanzo was now coping with his comrades-in-arms- in their crazed quest. Coping including increasing smoking, shouting death threats and even shooting at times. He could do with Hakkai. Hakkai was silent, polite and most importantly did not partake two idiots' quarrels. Goku was loud, needy and had a bottomless stomach. Gojyo was loud, horny and had annoying tendency to pick fight with Goku. Sanzo was beginning to think they would annoy the living daylight out of him if he didn't beat it out of them first. He was mildly afraid when thinking about their fifth comrade-to-be. If Dee was a Buddhist nun she would be easy to persuade to join them but she would also most likely be a self-righteous liability then. If she was an independent one there was no saying what she would be like. Did you know it would be this difficult master, he wanted to ask.
“Sanzo, a moment of your time?” Hakkai demanded his attention on his own polite way. “Have you thought how we find this Dee Mei? This is pretty big town.” It was true. The view from the hills beside the town was rather impressive compared those villages they had spent their nights in lately. Three big marketplaces, two temples and vast amount of bigger and narrower streets and buildings.
“We'll head to the local monastery. If Dee is Buddhist she is there and even if she is not they most likely know about her.”
“I have been thinking…” Gojyo started. “What do ya think does she have a nice figure?” Sanzo inhaled deeply.
“More important is if she can carry her own weight. And look your womanizing ways won't threaten the group dynamic.”
“What dynamic?” Goku asked, looking around as if searching for it.
“Good question,” Sanzo muttered.
 
Mei was panting hard and her heart was drumming against her ribs like it had been trying to break out of her chest but she knew it would go just right so she grabbed and shifted her weight just right and… Her opponent flew nicely over her and hit the tatami.
“Got you,” she exclaimed and laughed a bit. Not bad triumphant laughter but just because she was exhausted on a good way and relaxed. Rin smiled her back.
“You are improving. Second time this week. I really think you should try and earn a black belt.” Mei smiled sheepishly.
“I am hardly qualified for such a…” Rin waved her hands with mock despair.
“Don't be like that. You are such a tease!” Mei smirked at that.
“If you say so.” It was good with Rin and Jiao-Nuo. It was good to get out of that haunting building called home and out of the sight of persistent, noble and goddamned old suitors. Also this gave her other things to think about than her strange dreams. They had a meaning, she was sure of that. She kept seeing odd party of men who were driving on a jeep and who seemed liable to get attacked by youkais at every situation possible. Even at some impossible situations as far as Mei was concerned. She could feel the change coming and it scared her. She would have liked to say her life couldn't turn out any worse but it simply could. She had gathered things she didn't want to loose.
Still she longed for the change too. It was like when Laoghaire had helped her to sneak into a bar when she had been fourteen years old. There had been beautiful lady in black and she had song a sing Mei still could repeat. I long for joy, I long for joy with you. Don't be long in coming; don't fall in the cold rain. Take me far away into the distance because I will go anywhere... Her inner sight had kicked in then. She had known then she would leave. When youkai started getting mad she had thought it was the time, but Lao had left where she could not follow. Or she could but she wouldn't just yet. She had never been self-destructive plus if she did kill herself Lao would kill her all over again for it. It is catching me now, she thought.
“Mei? Mei?” Mei blinked and realised that Rin was looking at her worriedly.
“Uh, sorry. I guess I spaced out there for a second.” Rin did not look convinced. Not at all.
“You have been horribly absent-minded lately. Is everything all right?” Mei smiled as reassuringly as she could. Was she losing it? Post traumatic stress disorder maybe? Gods knew she had the reason but she doubted she would be that lucky.
“I'm fine. It's only my umpteenth suitor.” Rin bit her lip gently. She didn't know Mei very well, no one did but she could tell that other girl was greatly disturbed.
“Why your father even tries to get you married to those guys? He has got everything already.”
“Almost everything. He is rich and he is a town manager but he lacks what he thinks is the most important thing: a drop of noble blood. So it's up to me to get it for him. Like the good little girl I am.” Words were sour but Mei's smile was painless. Mentioning the town manager position grossed her. More she would not sacrifice for the old bastard.
“Ah, that sucks,” Rin said.
“He will give up,” Mei said when what she wanted to say was: it sure does.
 
Hakkai began to understand why Sanzo loathed so his fellow Buddhists. Well, probably not quite fellow since he himself did not follow Buddha, but the point still stood. Sanzo hated self-righteousness from the bottom of his heart and ass-kissing even more so. He was a complete control freak, he needed things to be done his way and people knowing it, but he also expected people around him to know their worth. Bit paradoxal maybe but that was what Sanzo was like. That was the reason Sanzo got better along with them than he would ever admit to himself. They knew their worth in good and in bad both.
“Not at all. This is an honour,” Sanzo said. Liar, Hakkai thought.
“What do we owe this visit for?” the high priestess An asked. She was a nice old lady and well worthy the name “Peace” and the timid girl with dark smile, dark sense of humour and shining faith who was her likely successor was a good girl too. Other than them, women were looking down upon Gojyo and Goku and whispering among themselves. A human would not have heard what was said, but three of them were not men despite of being men and one knew enough to guess. Sanzo, on the other hand, was treated so sweetly it could cause diabetes. Somehow nuns managed to miss the fact that Gojyo and Goku were there because Sanzo wanted so.
“We are searching for the fifth traveller. She is a psychic medium named Dee Mei. Do you know of her?” Sanzo sure hoped so. It would take much time, much persuading and more patience than he had to offer to coax that piece of information from local authorities.
“Yes, I do know of her even though she is not a Buddhist. She is the only child of Chang Tuan's town manager,” was woman's reply. Hakkai's smile twitched a bit, he could more sense than see Sanzo tensing and Gojyo muttered something under his breath. That was trouble. Only Goku was oblivious to the implications of the situation and looked at his friends confused.
“Are town managers bad people or something?” he asked.
“Ah, not necessarily,” Hakkai said. “Now let's be quiet or Sanzo will get mad at us.”
“Aw, he never gets mad at you. That's no fair!” A vein began to throb on Sanzo's forehead and the high priestess chuckled.
“Yours is such an adorable one,” she said. “You are luckier than you probably think. Dee Mei is eighteen years old but not married yet. Would you please hand your map over me for a second? I would mark her home.”
The priestess offered them supper but didn't seem to be disappointed in Sanzo's refuse.
“I understand that you are on a schedule,” she said. “Actually I offered only, because if not I would have looked terribly rude. And,” she said looking Goku, “at least one of you would have liked to stay.”
“Yeah, even if it's only vegetables,” Goku said.
“The monkey thinks with his stomach,” Gojyo said.
“Behave yourselves!” Sanzo told before the situation got totally out of hands. Neither the paper fan not the exorcising gun appeared but something in his voice promised bad, bad problems if they would not obey.
“It has been a pleasure to meet you,” high priestess said. “Jiang Li, please guide our visitors to the gates.” Lithe girl stood up and waved her hand when heading out.
“I'll keep praying for you,” she promised. “No offence mean but you look like you could use it.” There was amusement but also a cautious note in it in case she had overstepped some boundaries. Hakkai chuckled.
“We are very grateful,” he said.
“Yeah, that a pretty girl like you keeps thinking lil' old me,” Gojyo said. The nun shrugged her shoulders.
“Whatever.”
“So cold!” Gojyo whined.
“So nun.”
“Point taken.” Sanzo began to wonder once again would it be greater advantage or disadvantage if he would ditch Gojyo, preferably violently. Hakkai seemed to realise that because he talked to the girl.
“What was your name again?” he asked
“Jiang-Li. It means Beautiful River,” the girl said proudly. Sanzo didn't wince. He had fairly good control his body language but Hakkai knew he could have.
The home of Dee Mei was located in the eastern part of the town. The made it to the downtown before the screaming started. Sanzo cursed and drew his gun and Gojyo and Goku summoned their weapons. They had been less vigil than normal because they hadn't really expected an attack in a big town like Shang Tuan. Good thing was that a surprise attack was impossibility in a place so full of humans.
“Where hell they disappeared!” annoyed male voice asked behind the ordeal. Not annoyed, Sanzo thought, the voice was beyond annoyed. It was pissed. Good thing someone shared his current mood. The crowd divided for a second and Sanzo shot. A black-clad male youkai with round deep red eyes fell without letting out any cry. People between two groups disappeared seemingly out of thin air. The Sanzo party eyed their opponents.
“Just twenty. Cannon fodder class too? Are we being disrespected or something?” Gojyo asked cockily.
“My, don't be so demanding,” Hakkai scolded him. “At least we have always company.”
“You are being disrespected? You are one to talk mongrel!” a blunette woman with a sickle screamed. That riled things up.
 
Neither Rin nor Jiao-Nuo had time to spend in a coffee shop so Mei ended up on a shopping spree. She was pondering whether or not she should buy carnelian earrings when she heard screaming. She turned sharply and shop assistants froze to the spot. The screaming went on and on and then they heard a loud crack. If silence can speak volumes it did then.
“A lull before the storm,” Mei mused. “Was that a gunshot?” Many things happened at the same time then. One shop assistant began to scream like someone had been killing her, the only male assistant actually fainted to Mei's amusement and screaming started again on the outside. She could hear more gunshots and some of screams were not only out of fear but really pained. Earrings were forgotten and she run out and headed towards the noise. It was difficult to get there when what seemed to be half of town's population was running for their dear lives to the opposite direction. It was only few corners away but when Mei finally got to the scene it had already turned into a slaughterhouse.
“Aaiee! They are youkais!” screamed some woman who was apparently too scared to be even able to run. Ponds of blood and corpses lying on them. That was still a pretty mild sight. There were three corpses that were in two pieces. I can see their guts, Mei thought. Funny I'm this calm. A decent thing to do would be fainting. Or at least throwing up. Then she realised who were fighting youkais and her heart almost skipped a beat.
 
When the two last remnants realised they were not going to succeed by force they had took a randomly bystander to a hostage. The man looked like he was about to die of fear.
“Would make things easier,” Sanzo muttered. He hated hostage crisis with passion.
“Quit the tough guy act!” a tanned woman shout and tightened her grip so the man couldn't help but scream.
“As long as we have this hostage you can not touch us!” her companion added. Sanzo cocked his head.
“And?” That seemed at least make two assassins nervous. Still they were not going to escape. Their lord had given them a task and they still had this one last chance to complete it.
“And drop your weapons!” the man demanded and the woman throttled the hostage. Then out of blue a flowerpot flew through the air and hit the woman to the back of her head. She collapsed on the hostage and shards of ceramic pot and soil fell all over them. The man had barely enough time to turn when Sanzo shot one last time and it was over.
Hakkai looked to the direction where the saving flowerpot had come from. There was standing a young blonde woman with curiously calm grey eyes and the oddest expression in them. She tilted her head like trying to decide something and then walked towards them.
“Thank you, young lady. That was most helpful. You have got remarkably good nerves.” He bowed lightly and the woman bowed him back.
“It was nothing. Throwing a pot doesn't take so much courage,” she said. Hakkai said nothing to that. It had not been very difficult thing to do but the way woman kept her cool even when surrounded by rather gross-looking corpses was rare. Maybe even too rare to be natural and both Sanzo and Gojyo realised it too.
“What pretty legs you have got,” Gojyo said. “Too bad your pretty shoes got bloodstains.” They all looked warily at the woman. She winced and stepped back as if trying to step out of stains.
“Could be worse, I presume,” she muttered and looked then up. “I am Dee Mei. Nice to meet you. I think.” Sanzo blinked. Hakkai blinked. Gojyo's jaw dropped and Goku smiled happily.
“You are the town manager's daughter right? Are town managers really bad people?” he asked.
“She has a nice figure, all right,” Gojyo added contently. Sanzo fists twitched.
“Dimwits!” he shouted and hit them both with his harisen. Hakkai sweatdropped.
“We are much saner people than we appear to be, really,” he said.
“I know,” Mei said even though she wasn't entirely sure that was true. Then she turned to Goku and Gojyo. “I don't know generally, but my father could get a diploma. And nice to know you like me, Gojyo.” She started feeling giddy like she would have drunk rice wine. She inhaled deeply and tried to think straight. Sanzo's eyes narrowed.
“How can you know his name?” he inquired.
“You have kept appearing in my dreams,” Mei told him. “Though I never saw the dragon. Could we go somewhere else? Now I'm starting to get sick.” Her voice was weaker than she would have liked it to be. Hakkai nodded.
“It seems the police have arrived so we can take our leave. Then we could talk about your dreams.”
“We talk about those dreams now,” Sanzo told and it wasn't a request but an order.
“What about me?” a hurt voice demanded. Mei looked the former hostage and felt positively horrible. How could she have forgotten him? He was the one who had the reason to be in bad shape. She hurried to his side and dropped to her knees.
“I am sorry I forgot you! You are not in a shock, are you? Sanzo raised one eyebrow and Hakkai laughed gently.
“Such a gentle soul,” he said. Someone couched behind them and when the turned they saw rather nervous-looking police officer standing behind them.
“What has happened here?” he asked and his voice shook when he eyed the bloody scene.
“This man needs medical assistance. And that woman is not dead either,” Mei said.
“Ah, Dee Mei! What has happened here?” He was relieved beyond words that he could address his words to the common woman instead of those strange and obviously dangerous men. The redhead had a ridiculously big blade, the one dressed as a priest eyed him like he would be measuring him for a coffin and he could sense his men's nervousness. What were they supposed to do if these men turned out to be criminals?
“A party of youkais appeared and caused mischief and then they beat them up,” Mei said. It was the truth, even if not the whole truth and “beat them up” was an understatement. She could feel her heart pounding harder. The man's fear was making her all nervous too. These men were insanely strong and they did not appear to be all that sane. They wanted something out of her too. And there was someone who really, really wanted them dead. The only thing that kept her from panicking was dreams she had had during the last two weeks. Especially the one where Gojyo and Goku had started to fight over cards in their jeep and they had all fell to a pond. Then there was some strange feeling of knowing them. And it was impossibility.
“What are your names?” the police officer asked. Sanzo tried to kill him with a stare.
“What is it to you?”
“W-well, I need to add them to the report…” Hakkai sighed and smiled a bit. It promised to become one long afternoon.
 
Houtou Castle, somewhere in India. Where they wanted to be, but it would be a long, hard road.
“Do you intend to fight the Sanzo gang directly?” Yaone asked worriedly. She knew how strong her lord was but she could not help but worry. Kougaiji was the bright centre of the universe to her and she hated to see him in peril. Even worse was to know that he was in peril and not to be there to watch him surviving.
“Huh? Oh, it's you.” Kougaiji seemed to wake from a trance but his eyes barely left the statue that was his mother at all. And even when his eyes were not fixed to his mother, his thoughts were.
“Yes I do. There is no mind to keep sending men to a certain death. The number of heir opponents seems to be a matter of little importance. Our men have died like dogs out there! But I don't do it for that witch.” He swore once again to himself to save his mother from her curse. Whatever it would take. “I don't care what effect this experiment has on the rest of the world,” Gyoukumen Koushu had said. Kougaiji gritted his teeth. That one similarity was nerve-wrecking.
“They are currently in Shang Tuan,” Dokugakuji said. “Gyoukumen Koushu sent a party of assassins after them. And I fear we can ad them to the loss,” he said with remorse.
“My lord. I wish to join you,” Yaone said. She prayed someone from the bottom of her hear. Please let him accept.
“I'm going too,” Dokugakuji said and messed with his lord's hair. “I am your bodyguard after all.” Little hands grabbed Kougaiji's arm and cheerful voice chirped:
“And Lirin's going too! `cuz I'm stronger than big brother!” Kougaiji feigned annoyance but he knew they all saw trough it. How people like his father and that witch ever managed to get a child so sweet as Lirin was beyond him.
“Do what you must,” he said. “We leave at dawn. I will destroy the Sanzo party.”
 
 
“It would be better to find a restaurant or inn and talk while eating something,” Mei said. “If I take you home my father is bound to notice. That would not be a good thing.” She kept her face expressionless though she secretly revelled in the image of his father's face when Sanzo would shoot through their walls. Or when Gojyo would light a cigarette.
“Is he a difficult person?” Hakkai inquired.
“Worse. And I have to keep living under the same roof with him.” Mei knew she was talking against her better knowledge but she didn't want to admit yet even though her current company felt familiar some odd way. When they had left the corpses behind she couldn't have helped but relax. She analysed the feeling a bit and then it dawned to her.
“You are…” she started and lowered her voice, “youkais. At least you three.” She looked at Sanzo and reached out. “No youki in you.” Hakkai frowned.
“Is it a problem?” he asked. If girl had lost someone dear to her to ravaging youkai there would be trouble. To his comfort Mei shook her head.
“Not at all. You are wearing limiters, right? I was just wondering why you felt so safe.” Now that was a surprise. Sanzo, Hakkai and Gojyo looked at her utterly confused.
“This is a good place,” Mei said and pointed a small restaurant. “They make great kappa maki.”
“Good enough,” Sanzo said and walked in.
“Straight to the business, all right,” Mei laughed nervously.
They made their orders and Mei's eyes widened when Goku ordered whole menu. She had to bite her serviette so she wouldn't laugh at the face waitress made.
“They have to roll you out,” she warned Goku.
“No, I always eat this much,” he said. “If Sanzo lets me.” He concentrated on eating.
“Yeah, so you better be careful,” Gojyo said. He was hard pressed to laugh. “Goku likes plums.” (Mei = Plum)
“Perverted kappa! I don't eat people!” Goku shouted and gave Mei a nervous glance. Then the teaser in Mei made herself known. Mei raised her had to her chest and tried with all her might to look scared. Not an easy task when she felt like bursting into laugh.
“Do you promise?” she whispered.
“I do, I do!” Goku cried out.
“Please repeat this then: I swear and if I broke my promise shall the bogey man take me.”
“I swear and if I…” Goku started but looked then Mei accusingly. “You are making fun of me!” Mei giggled.
“Yes, I'm sorry. You can have my anpan bun.” Goku decided that Mei was much funnier than Gojyo, who teased him a lot but stole his food instead of giving it.
“You seem to get along with people easily,” Hakkai said. “What I would like to know is why youkai presence would make you feel safe?” The question seemed to make Mei sad for some reason but not only sad. Under the melancholy smile was something sharp and flashing. It was in the corners of her eyes and in the way her fingers moved just a little bit. He only noticed it because he was accustomed to reading people who didn't want to be read.
“I used to have a good friend who was an youkai. Her name was Laoghaire. I'm very sensitive to youki and since she was the only youkai I knew, well, I guess I grew bit too accustomed to the aura.”
“Let me guess: you used to tease her a lot?” Hakkai said. He already knew the answer. Mei's eyes widened.
“Yes. How did you know?”
“Old habits die hard, I see.” Mei looked confused for a second and nodded then.
“I see,” she said.
“This is enough. We have got matters to discuss,” Sanzo interrupted. He had been more patient than usually. Human interaction was not something he was good at but even he knew that simply demanding Dee Mei to follow them would be a bad idea. All the same he wanted to get it all sorted out during the day. Dee Mei was not as bad as he had feared. Not a fighter, but at least rather brave and if she was little childish… Well, he seemed to be leading a fucking field trip half the time anyway.
“What were those dreams you were talking about?” he asked. Mei tilted her head and tried to remember as accurately as possible.
“You were the only one in the first one. You were in some temple or shrine and there were flying giant heads who gave you orders. They talked about me too. It had to me a metaphor,” she added quickly when Sanzo looked her oddly.
“No, they are real,” Goku said. “They are Three Aspects. It's some kind of Buddhist god-thing.”
“Ah?” said Mei. There was nothing else to say. Seriously, flying giant heads? Sanzo gritted his teeth but said nothing. He listened Mei explaining her rest dreams which were fairly good descriptions of their journey thus far. Nothing alarming.
“We are on a mission that concerns youkai going mad.” There was a quiet clink of glass cup when Mei's hand shook. Sanzo pondered that. Mei had used past tense when she had told them about Laoghaire. So the woman was either out of her mind and missing like everyone else or dead.
“What caused current situation is the Minus Wave born when some unknown people mixed youkai magic with science.” He observed girl's reaction. She still seemed relatively normal.
“Not nice. But it will be getting worse, right?” she said.
“We do not know who are behind this but their intention is known. The are trying to revive Ox King Gyumaoh who was sealed away by Toushin Taishi Nataku for declaring a war against all human race and devouring their flesh.” Mei tried to make sense of what she had just heard. She understood every single word but they didn't make any sense in entirety. Ox King? Toushin Taishi? Revival? Then reality began to sink in. Mei found out she didn't like it. At all.
“Have you ever heard of telling unpleasant things with subtlety, you corrupt monk!” Gojyo snapped. Mei was a nice girl and didn't deserve to be treated like that. He had got even more straight-forward treatment but then again very little could shock him. Then Mei looked straight into his eyes and Gojyo had to fight down a shiver. There was something akin to fear, longing and determination mixed into emotion so raw it hurt.
“That was the subtle way, right? There is something truly unpleasant coming.” She looked at Sanzo who nodded. There was no need to say something the girl knew without saying.
Now Mei was afraid. I didn't want it to happen this way, she wanted to shout but she knew better than think it would work. Typical that even when she was given what she had asked for she ended up not wanting it. Those youkais that had attacked the party had been a minor hindrance compared to people who would toy with things like this. She would get killed if she would go that much she was sure of. And behind that a cruel voice whispered: would that keep you from keeping your promise? Laoghaire had been so needy and demanding. “What's wrong with you,” she had asked and Laoghaire had grabber her shoulders firmly. “Promise me you will save the world!” she had said. Mei had blinked. “Excuse me?” she had asked for repeat. “And promise you won't leave me behind!” Lao had continued. She had actually been in tears and Mei had promised. “Remember, there is no way you would be weak,” Lao had said eventually, when they had been heading back home, Mei hopelessly confused. She hadn't asked then. The uncertainty and very, very uncharacteristic vulnerability in Lao's eyes had kept her at bay. There would be time. Week after that Laoghaire had died. There is no way I am weak…
“What it is you want from me?” she asked mouth dry. She was pale as death.
“You to join the quest and use your powers to guide us,” was the reply. Mei considered that in silence. No one dared to say anything. Hakkai had the nasty feeling that this had not been best possible way to gain the new companion's trust. Goku felt sorry for the girl. He was having good time but Mei wouldn't see it that way. Gojyo silently cursed Sanzo to the lowest level of Hell. Sanzo simply waited. I can die, Mei reminded herself but suddenly she saw one version of her future in her mind. She would live there tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and so on until eternity. She would be forever bound to her father. She feared death all right but that vision made her fear living.
“All right. I need to pack my things.” Mei didn't know it but she had the honour to be the first person who had ever made Sanzo drop his jaw.
 
“Very well, that was nice and smooth. Our little girl managed to surprise,” Kanzeon Bosatsu said and stretched. Hir binoculars dropped to the lily pond and the man picked them up much suffered expression on his face.
“Why make them travel through land?” he asked. “Flying would be faster and easier.”
“The issue is, it should not be easier. They have the potential to beat those nasty people but they won't manage like they are now. They need this trip long to involve. Wouldn't you agree, Jiroshi?” It would be incredibly amusing. The Great Sage Equal to Heaven… They were mortals now, except Son Goku of course and they would still surpass those in Heaven. Greatest irony was found in Karmic law.
“Ah! I see now. Your wisdom is truly outstanding,” Jiroshi said and sighed relieved. Kanzeon smirked.
“Of course we could just give them huge, flaming swords but it's funnier this way.” The familiar shout “Kanzeon!” was heard and se chuckled.
“The storm is coming,” se said and Jiroshi shut up. In Tenkai it was not weather Kanzeon was talking about.
“What is it you mean, Kanzeon,” he asked warily. Kanzeon's smile was so innocent it could have been described scary.
“I one wants something just for oneself no matter the cost one is bound to step on people. You know what they say: Who sows the wind will mow a storm. People just do it and get grazed in turn. There are people who will not like the results of this at all.” Se was thinking Li Touten. Se was thinking Homura and his two followers. Se was thinking Kougaiji and that fool Gyoukumen Koushu, who thought she could make it without making sacrifices that mattered. And se was thinking Sanzo party and the scenario they had just called upon themselves.
“You will prove to be one nice piece of work, Rinrei. Make good job to protect that thickhead of a nephew,” se said. The true form of art was to sow a wind and let other people mow the storm.
 
He wanted a perfect world wit no injustice or prejudices. A world where people could freely confess their love to whomever the wanted without the fear of losing them. Tenkai would still stand and those cruel, self-righteous egoists could rotten alive for all he cared. He needed only holy Sutras and the help of Seiten Taisei Son Goku and the world would cease to exist and a new, better one would be born. It was the inevitable path and he would follow proudly. Just sometimes a horrible voice whispered: what if there is nothing to relish in the end? And what would she say if she knew? But she was nowhere to be found and all he had left was that loss born dream.
“Shall we start soon?” a calm voice asked and Homura turned to face the blind man.
“Soon,” he promised. “Not quite yet but soon.”
 
“You left a letter? You gotta be kidding!”
“If I had told I would have had to explain too and then he would have thought I'm a victim of some apocalyptic cult. He would have sent me to the Victims of religions -group therapy and you would have had to kidnap me.”
 
“What did you pack?”
 
“I have never cooked my own food or mended my clothes. Someone needs to teach me.”
 
“Silence, you idiots!”
“Hey! That was the Fan of Doom! I saw it in nature! Ack, protect me!”
“Paper Fan of Doom! That's a good one.”
 
“Maybe it's not my place to ask but why you believe your father will not come after you?”
“Because he doesn't have to. I'm an adult and I didn't let them any reason to doubt my mental sanity. So they can't force him to do anything. He would have sent me to that therapy just to make me miserable. I would have been out of his hair that way too.”
“Your terms seem to be very hostile. Mind telling us the reason?
“- -“
“You don't need to if you don't want.”
“I was just thinking. He can't walk anymore because of me.”
“Why is that?”
“He is the one who got Laoghaire killed.”
“I am terribly sorry. What a horrible thing to go through. So he can't walk because of that?”
“I shot him.”
“- -“
“- -“
“I am sorry.”
“Thank you.”