Sakura Wars Fan Fiction ❯ ALPHA UNIVERSE SAGA: AVATAR TUNER ❯ Chapter 05 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 05: Secondary
 
 
 
“Where am I…?” Ave stared at Argan's monitor as he regains his consciousness after a bright light slammed at him during the battle a while ago. “Ryusei…! SRX Team…! Please report…! Damn…it is jamming area…!” Ave cursed as he realizes the communicator has been jammed. “There is nothing here…and for some reason I feel the light is too bright…” Ave commented. The young Time Diver quickly scanned through the area and he finds out that he was in the middle of the city at the moment but for some reason, there are no people walking around the city and it seems the city already became a dead city. “Huh…!” Ave stared at the main monitor for a while as he saw a figure on the ground in front of his Argan and it seems that figure either dead or unconscious.
 
The young Time Diver quickly opened Argan's cockpit hatch as he climbed down and run toward the unconscious figure. It was the figure of a girl with a brown hair and a very tidy school uniform. “Who is she really…?” Ave moves his head closer to take a better look at the girl face but suddenly he can hear a soft click behind his head. “Trying something funny…gentleman…” a voice of female can be heard from Ave's behind and Ave quickly realizes about the sound came out from a customized beretta handgun. “I never think to do something funny as I just checked her condition….if she needs my help…” Ave replied. “Turn your body and face me…slowly…” the girl instructed and the young Time Diver obeyed.
 
“Hmmm…you seems trustworthy…so I believe you…” the girl replied as she put her handgun back on its holster. “Who are you…?” Ave asked. “Hey…do you know that it is rude to ask about lady's name without introducing your name first…?” the girl teased. “Sorry…my apologize…my name Ave…first lieutenant of SRX Team…” Ave introducing himself and the girl just giggled. “Is there anything funny…?” Ave asked. “Madlax…you can call me Madlax…and the sleeping princess over there is miss Margaret Burton…nice to meet you Ave…” Madlax smiled toward the young Time Diver as he blushed. “She's cute…” Ave commented inside his heart.
 
“Uhhhm…where am I…Elanore…?” Margaret finally regained her conscious as she saw Madlax and Ave. “You finally awake Margaret…I feel really worried if you never wake up…” Madlax commented as she smiled toward the brown haired girl. “Ah…ohayou…Madlax…and you must be…eto…ano…I forgot…we haven't meet before aren't we…” Margaret answered toward Madlax and Ave. “My name is Ave…Margaret-san…” Ave replied as he smiled toward her. “Ah…Ave…is very unique name…by the way…how do you know my name…?” Margaret asked. “It is simple…Madlax told me about your name…” Ave replied. “Ah…I see…nice to meet you too…Ave and hopefully…we can be friends…” Margaret replied and smiled toward the young Time Diver. “Me too…nice to meet you Margaret-san…” Ave smiled back toward the brown haired girl. “She also cute…but somehow her personality little bit…strange…” Ave commented again inside his heart.
 
Approximately ten minutes later…
 
“So…Elanore is…missing…?” Margaret asked in the sad tone. “I am sorry but that's reality…” Madlax replied. “Who is Elanore anyway…?” Ave asked. “She's Margaret's guardian…very nice girl…I think we need to have a look for her…” Madlax answered. “But…this place is so alien…I even don't know what is this place…?” Ave replied. “It's…Kadath…” Margaret whispered. “Huh…?” both Madlax and Ave stared at the brown haired girl. “I somehow…feel…this town…I know…” Margaret whispered again. “Margaret…can you lead the way…?” Madlax kneeled and ask Margaret with smile on her face. “Um…I guess…” Margaret replied. “Well, sitting here and do nothing is not the answer anyway…so shall we go…Madlax…Margaret-san…?” Ave smiled.
 
Ave quickly climbed back to Argan's cockpit and he let his personal trooper kneeled as Argan offer his right hand to carry Margaret and Madlax. “Margaret…I think you better sit on the cockpit…if Ave don't mind…” Madlax commented suddenly. “I…maybe…” Margaret replied and Ave blushed when he heard about that. As Margaret entered the cockpit, Ave quickly move little bit aside to offer a small space on his single seat panoramic cockpit. “Waaa…I never see something…like this…” Margaret stared in awe when she saw the 360-degree panoramic monitor inside Argan's cockpit. “Margaret-san…excuse me…but if you please not moving too much…” Ave blushed as the brown haired girl that accidentally sit on the young Time Diver's lap. “Um…gomen…” Margaret answered. “No…it's okay…” Ave replied as Madlax giggled when she saw the event.
 
Argan walks slowly to ensure Madlax not falling from the right palm of that personal trooper, but the skill of the female mercenary can't be taken lightly. Madlax was able to maintain her balance very easily on the lap of the personal trooper and keep stared to the front despite the bright light glaring from the sky. Sometimes she sat for a while and fixed her beretta as she stared at the opened hatch cockpit. “So where are we going…?” the young Time Diver asked. “I think…this way…” Margaret pointed toward one direction as Ave quickly steered his personal trooper to that direction. “Downtown…?” Madlax commented as she stared at the surrounding. “Is it the correct way Margaret-san…?” Ave asked. “Um…I think so…this one is correct…” Margaret replied. “This city is so strange actually…no people living here…and the Sun stroke are so strong…the ray are so bright…” Maldax suddenly commented. “Now you mention it…” Ave replied. “There must be something here…somewhere…at least…we should find it…” Madlax commented back.
As three of them climbed down from Argan, Madlax suddenly feel something. It was the feeling that she and the others are being followed and cornered by many enemies. As the feeling getting stronger, Madlax draw her gun. “Ave…Margaret…please hides somewhere…” Madlax instructed. Ave and Margaret quickly realizing about what happened as they quickly hides behind nearby wall. Ave himself also readying his beretta although he realizes that he was nowhere good at marksmanship. At this moment, he only can pray that he no need to use this gun. “Ave… Madlax…” Margaret squeezed tightly Ave's pilot vest as her other hand clutched her book tightly as well. Ave could understand that the girl is in fear. “Don't worry Margaret-san…I will protect you…no matter what happened here…” Ave assures as the brown haired girl nodded.
 
Madlax closed her eyes as she aimed her beretta to one direction on her left side. Suddenly she pulled the trigger and a loud voice of gunshot can be heard. A creature fall from the rooftop as Madlax opened her eyes; she saw the creature was not human at all. It resemble to a Merman from mythology and the wound caused by her beretta makes purple coloured blood flows freely. In the same time suddenly many creatures showed themselves and all of them lack categorized that can make them to be called human. There are werewolf, merman, kugutsu-ona but most of them seem like mindless zombies. Madlax stared at them for a while as she quickly takes the advantage to attack first. Fifteen shots can be heard as fifteen bodies fallen motionless but the rest charges.
 
“MADLAX…!” Ave shouted as he throws his beretta toward the mercenary girl. Madlax leaped as she doing a very fantastic somersault jump before catching the beretta. Another shot can be heard and another creature fall. “Margaret-san…let's run to Argan…I'm defenceless here…” Ave commented as the brown haired girl nodded. She was too afraid at the moment and she cannot even answer except by nodding her head. Ave sighed as he pulled Margaret's right arm and run as fast as he can toward his personal trooper. “Shimata…!” Ave cursed in Japanese as one creature notice him and Margaret. That creature make a huge leap as it's readying its claws to cleaves the young Time Diver and Margaret.
 
Another gunshot can be heard, but this time it wasn't came from Madlax's beretta. “Margaret…Ave…are you alright…?” Madlax asked as she kneeled in front of now exhausted Ave and Margaret. Margaret face really pale as she breath heavily. “I…I am fine…” Ave answered and he holds Margaret tightly. “It is okay Margaret-san…it is okay…” the young Time Diver whispered. “Ave….Madlax…” Margaret whispered weakly and both of them just smiled toward the brown haired girl. “It is alright now Margaret…I think we got company here…” Madlax replied as two mysterious figure wearing cloak and anti gas masks shot their rifles toward those creatures. “Who are they…?” Ave asked. “Hopefully not enemies…” Madlax answered.
 
Approximately one hour later…
 
“This is our hideout…Freedom Army of Lucifer Hawk…by the way…three of you must be really brave or fool to hanging around out there without proper preparation…” one of the masked man commented. “Well, thanks for helping us anyway…Serph…” Madlax replied. “We just arrive in this place…we don't know anything about it and no weapon we can bring along since everything happened so sudden…” Ave retorted. “Glad we made it on time as Serph usually late…” the other figure commented as obviously from the voice, that figure is a female. “Sera…you shouldn't tell this thing outside people from Embryon…” Serph retorted back. “Em…bry…on…” Margaret whispered. “Ah…that's the name of our clan young lady…among Freedom Army of Lucifer Hawk…there are many clans…Embryon is our clan…” Sera explained.
 
“By the way…where are we at the moment…I mean this city…and who are those creatures…?” Ave asked. “This city…called Kadath…it was once the capital of Gods and Goddesses…but since that bastard destroy Nirvana along with this city…Malice appeared everywhere…” Serph explained. “Malice…?” Madlax asked. “Those creatures you fight before…Madlax…they are living just to devour our soul…roaming on the city of Kadath and other cities as well…they are terror and disease that infect Nirvana…” Sera replied. “I never heard of that…” Madlax commented. “Neither I…” Ave added. “This world…Nirvana…is the very first world where humanity root…while your Earths…all of them are the offspring from this Nirvana…sooner or later…they will be also being plunged into terror…” Serph commented. “Well…I think there are no other choice for us beside not to let this thing happened…” Ave commented.
 
Serph and Sera stared each other for a while. “Since if you all insisted…go to the other side of Kadath…there are place where you can find everything…” Serph spoken. “Other side…of Kadath…?” Madlax asked. Sera smiled and she walks closer toward Margaret. “The one who posses the power of Secondary will show you the way…and when all of those entities become one…the gate will be opened…” Sera answered. “Secondary…” Margaret whispered. “But before that…we need weapons and equipments…” Ave suddenly spoken. “Weapons and equipments…all of them can be found…not far from here…and also you…the one that posses the latent power of Dis Lev…Originator and the descendant of Olympus…you should be able to collect them all…” Sera commented. “Collect them all…?” Ave asked in confusion.
 
“The other books…Fastari and Thirstari…when the three of them are collected…the gate will be opened for you and you will find what are you looking for…”
 
“The one that don't have memories and want to find her memories…” Madlax.
“The one with the false memories and seeking the truth…” Margaret.
 
“And the one who simply want to find the truth and protect people that he hold dearly…” Ave.
 
“Let's three of them find the three books…and the Age of New Era will be opened by them…one of them….”
 
“And there…the truth of everything…will be answered…”
 
 
To Be Continued
 
 
Author's Note: I find so far this fiction is the most challenging one. Not because of the story only, but also the abstraction from the anime called MADLAX itself. In the meantime, it is also very difficult to portrayed Margaret Burton character here. Margaret herself in the anime is really cute, naïve but somehow enigmatic. Every words being spoken by her always have their own interpretation that will be different for each audiences. It was when I face this difficult task to bring her personality and characteristic in this fanfiction.
 
Regardless how abstract Madlax character is, I found Margaret character is more difficult to deal with. I personally love Madlax and Margaret characters so much and don't want to destroy their characters to suit this fanfiction. As I told before if characters serves as gears to steer the scenario of the story, I feel Margaret character as well Madlax themselves as the story where scenario is the one serves as the gear. Regardless, I feel really happy that I finally have a chance to write this fanfiction and I hope that I can finish this fiction perfectly. This was my fourth attempt to write MADLAX fanfiction and I can say proudly, this one is the most successful one.
 
Thank you very much.