Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Knowing ❯ I Need to Know ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I Need to Know

I sit up here on my throne because I need to know I'm important. I can see you and command my men after you. I can see you from above and laugh at your foolish errors because I can tell myself that I would never make those mistakes were I you.

I blow out candles because I need to know I have control over life. My life is in the hands of the Former Crimson King, but here I have his power: the power to end lives as I please. There is your candle. Perhaps if I blow strongly you will fall at my feet and acknowledge me.

I fight against you because I need to know I'm worth something. Lineage, position, prestige... I have all of these things, but you give me doubts about my power. You, who just strode into my realm of Mibu Castle as if you had a right to fight me. I am better than you, Worthless Brat.

I kick you away because I need to know you'll always come back to me. You destroyed my world, so you had better still be here when the rubble clears to put it back to together. This is all your fault. Your careless looks and fleeting touch--Don't forget, I'm going to kick your ass!

I want you to stay because I need... I need to know... No, no, no! You can't leave! I demand that you stay here and fix this. You can't just come so close and then walk away as if--we were nothing! Why are you running now? You never ran when you hated me...

Why can't you just make my tears stop?