Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Thinking about ... ❯ Chapter 5: Honour ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I know, I said I won't kill her off, but … ahh … you know … some drama had to be in it … but don't give up, it gets better! I promise.
And I do like Yuya very much, even if might think different!
Now to the reviews:
To Wolfwoods: I don't know, why she leaved, but some things never change!! :)
To yami1: Thank you, I'll update as fast as I can write!! :)
Thank for the reviews!! :)
So anyway, I want some more reviews, so that I'm motivated! :)
Thank you,
Till then,
raven_fett
 
Chapter 5: Honour
 
I felt it as her body sagged against my arms.
I felt it as life flowed out of her.
I couldn't believe. She couldn't, I couldn't. I wouldn't. No, she won't die, I promised.
No, come back.
I shook her in a last attempt to bring her back to me.
But it was too late. Now, it was too late.
My heart made a jump as she opened her eyes again. I frantically searched life in them, but it was too late.
“Sorry” she said.
I couldn't believe it.
I was still holding her dead body and forgot everything around me.
I didn't hear the others coming up, shouting her name.
Why did she leave me?
She promised.
I looked up and saw Shinrei standing alone in the battle field, hand raised in her direction.
I looked at him with confusion, what has he done?
“I didn't want any mess, so I stopped the Dragon from breaking through her chest and blemish this sacred earth with her common blood”.
 
Faster than anyone could possibly think lunged Kyo forward, his murderous aura having reached a new level. Shinrei parried his attack with many difficulties.
“Mizuchi” shouted Kyo and sprang forward. A heavy wind flew past Shinrei and blood spurted out from all his body but surprisingly he stood and managed to laugh at him.
“How did he do that?” wanted to know Benitora.
“As you are a weakling, you didn't see as Shinrei conjured up a crystal wall, so that Demon eyes Kyo's attack lost its power” explained Sasuke.
Kyo just stood there, concentrating hard and gathering all his strength for his last attack.
“No Kyo, don't do it! You might die!” shouted Bontenmaru and lunged forward to stop him. But Akira was much faster and pushed Kyo back, attacking furiously his new enemy.
“So now everyone attacks me, hn?”
“You lost your honour, as you purposely forgot your promise”.
“And you're the one talking about honour, as far as I know you don't even have samurai blood. Therefore you have no right to talk about it”.
“He may have not the blood, but he certainly has the spirit of a samurai” retorted Benitora and surprising Akira with this declaration.
“Hm … don't make me laugh” Shinrei walked slowly towards Akira. “Now any last words?”
“I must refuse; I am no longer your adversary”.
“Hn …? What's that? -” Shinrei's voice trailed off ass he felt heat coming from behind. “So you're still alive”.
“You won't kill me”.
Hotaru threw a sword at Shinrei, who caught it easily.
“What's this? “What does that mean?”
“Take a closer look at the sword, and you'll remember to whom it belongs”.
 
Could this be?
This is Sire Fubuki's sword, that's sure. So the girl told me the truth after all.
Now wait, why should that traitor try to convince me? Something's not right.
“Why do you do this? Why should I believe you? The only thing you always did was provoking me and fight against me. Why do you do that? I've done nothing to earn so much hate from your side”.
“Sure you do. Why I do this? To show you that I'm not a puppet and fighting for the clan's honour, forgetting how they changed. You are too proud to look around you and see the truth! As for my hate towards you, now that's simple, because you were the child of light, you were loved by everyone! You got everything you wanted!”
“What's that suppose to mean? What does that have to do with our fight? Who are you really?” Shinrei asked puzzled. Why does that traitor talk about me like that? What have I done? I'm not the one provoking other people. So what dies he want? What's the point of this conversation?
“It makes me angry … it makes me angry to see your ignorance”, shouted Hotaru, face contorted with white hot anger.
“Tell me what I not know”.
“So you really want to know? … … … I am your brother”
Silence settled over the place.
Shinrei's eyes widened as he heard Hotaru utter his declaration.
What does he mean? Brother? I don't have any brother! I never had any brothers and sisters. Too late he ascertain that he had murmured those last words.
“Of course you didn't know it! Because we don't have the same mother. Mine was the mistress of your father. She got killed to restore the family honour and I fought every single day to stay alive while you studied and had a protected life” shouted Hotaru, trembling with fury and hate. There, now he knows, now he can't deny it, now he has to die.
He sprang forward, black flames dancing around him, “Maôen! Flames of the Lord of Darkness”, and engulfing both opponents.
“Ahh …” cried a tormented Shinrei.
Why hasn't he moved? Why didn't he defend himself? Why did he do that?
More and more questions invaded Hotaru's mind. He shook his head in disbelief.
There he laid now, some more cuts and bruises on his body.
“Why” yelled Hotaru.
“I don't know … maybe … because now … something has changed” he stuttered, standing up slowly.
He turned and looked at Kyo.
“I've been wrong, my actions are unforgivable! I won't ask you to forgive me, but I have a counsel for you”
Kyo simply looked at him without any emotion, but his aura told them otherwise.
“You know very well how you could bring her back. Why won't you ask him?”
Kyo's aura flared up, droving the others apart.
“I will never forgive you” murmured Kyo and turned around.
The other's looked stunned, even taken aback from his reaction.
Kyo slowly walked over where Yuya lay down.
 
No one would call him, no one would take care of his wounds, and no one would get angry at his insults. No one ever will.
As I looked at her pale skin and her lifeless body, I felt my chest tie up.
It surprised me and I raised my hand to my heart.
Never had I felt such a sentiment. What was it? Regret, maybe?
I felt as if something has been stolen from me.
I bent down and took her body into my arms.
“What do you want to do Kyo?” asked Benitora, his aura showed nothing than raw sorrow.
“Where do you go?” wanted to know Akira and walked towards Kyo but Bontenmaru hold him back.
Kyo simply walked away, with Yuya in his arms.
 
A/N: It gets more and more difficult to write, but I finished already chapter 7, so there's more to come! :)
And please give me some reviews!!!! :)