Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ You and Me ❯ New Management ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and Me
 
By Rin Amaru
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Samurai Deeper Kyo or any of the song lyrics in this chapter.
 
A/N: This idea has been in my head for at least a month now… Let's see how it turns out!
 
Chapter 1
New Management
 
*~*
 
The show was going exactly as planned.
 
The red and purple lights gave the stage an eerie glow. Everyone was where they were supposed to be.
 
Good.
 
Closing my crimson eyes, I readied my hands on the fret board. I grinned as the emcee made his announcement:
 
“Tonight at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angles, California we are proud to present the up and rising rock band, Samurai Deeper!”
 
The crowd went wild, screaming and whistling, waiting impatiently for us to play.
 
I made last minute adjustments to the microphone.
 
“Everyone ready?” I whispered to my band mates. They grunted in response. Perfect. “Okay! A one! A two! A one, two, three, four!”
 
The little brat, Sasuke, began the song on his bass guitar, giving a strong body to the song. For a twelve-year-old, he was incredibly talented. His silver hair hung down in front of his golden eyes, his small hands sliding up and down the frets with ease. He smirked, relishing in the gleeful cries of the audience.
 
Then Benitora, the self-proclaimed “Red Tiger”, began the percussion. The twenty-five-year-old had taken off his shirt already, sporting his many gang related tattoos. Tora's strong arms beat down on the drums with skill. His flaming red hair was kept under raps by his red tiger bandanna. Grinning like the crazy sap he is, Benitora winked at the swooning girls in the front row.
 
Akira, my sixteen-year-old, blind, adopted little brother, began letting his cold hands dance across keyboard. He never needed his eyes, he `saw' through his ears, hands, and weird sixth sense. Akira's platinum blonde hair accentuated his perfect pale skin, earning him many female fans. He never gives a shit about any of them, becoming known in the band as the Ice Prince.
 
Just as I began the rhythm guitar part, my fraternal twin brother, Kyoshiro, released his strong, thin fingers on his electric guitar strings. Technically, he was one of the best known guitar players in the known world, right up there with Jimmy Page. Kyoshiro, though I despise his very soul, does (unfortunately) resemble me. We're both twenty-three-years-old, have the same hell-black hair, the same dark olive skin, the same slender build, the same facial structure, etc. The main differences between us are our eye color, hair tint (we dyed it…), and personalities.
 
My eyes are naturally a deep, mysterious crimson. Kyoshiro's are a calm and jovial blue (A/N- I know it's black in the manga, but I went with the anime's description because of the more drastic difference…). My hair is tinted red, his is tinted blue. I'm cold, cruel and indifferent, not like I actually care about what people think of me. Kyoshiro is openly caring, happy, and incredibly perverted, and he truly believes girls like guys like him.
 
Come on, give me a break… No one would fall for that bastard. With the exception of Kyoshiro's girlfriend and my ex, Sakuya Mibu, I could make any girl fall for me. I'm just that awesome.
 
My deep and hypnotizing voice was carried away by the microphone and into the ears of screaming fans:
 
“I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
Drunk and I'm feeling down
And I just wanna be alone
I'm pissed cause you come around
Why don't you just go home
Cause you channel all your pain
And I can't help you fix yourself
You're making me insane
All I can say is
 
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
I tried to help you once
A kissed my own advice
I saw you going down
But you never realized
That you're drowning in the water
So I offered you my hand
Compassion's in my nature
Tonight is our last stand
 
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
Our scars remind us that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
I'm drunk and I'm feeling down
And I just wanna be alone
You shouldn't ever come around
Why don't you just go home?
Cause you're drowning in the water
And I tried to grab your hand
And I left my heart open
But you didn't understand
But you didn't understand
Go fix yourself
 
I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life
I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life
 
I tear my heart open, I sow myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel”
 
Kyoshiro dropped to his knees in his final solo, Akira and Sasuke played their little hearts out, and Benitora prepared for his drum solo. I took a deep breath for the final rendition of the chorus:
 
“I tear my heart open, I sow myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel…”
 
As soon as Benitora finished his solo, the stage lights dimmed and the band prepared for the next song.
 
This was going to be a great concert.
 
After skillfully escaping the obsessed Samurai Deeper fans (A/N: Ha, ha! That'd so be me…), we found our way back to our hotel room. Actually, rooms; it was a suite.
 
“Oh, wow… That was a great show! Tonight couldn't get any better!” Tora shouted proudly, friendly draping one of his tattooed arms on Akira's shoulders.
 
“You imbecile… If you do not release me by the time Kyoshiro finally opens the damn door, I will personally make sure you are forever sterile…” Akira growled, letting his ice-like nature out on Tora. That idiot… You'd think he'd have learned by now after three years as a successful band…
 
Benitora simply laughed it off, “You know, Akira, you should really lighten up a bit! How will you get any beautiful women with that evil look on your face?”
 
While Sasuke scolded Kyoshiro for being incapable of sliding the key card in the door correctly, Akira shoved the pest off his shoulders, “Unlike you, my friend, I do not thrive off of the opposite sex…”
 
Proud of my little brother's performance, I patted him on the head and turned my attention to Kyoshiro and the damned key card.
 
“Having trouble, idiot?” I asked my twin mockingly.
 
Kyoshiro pouted at me, feigning sadness. I grunted and tore the card from his slender fingers identical to my own. Easily sliding the card in the slot, opening the door handle, and pulling the card out, I successfully opened the door. I grinned evilly at my brother. I remain superior.
 
Sasuke smirked up at me, golden eyes shining, “Leave it to Kyo to save the day…” I rolled my eyes.
 
I lead the others into the room only to be greeted by a pair of kind blue eyes, ear length blonde hair, and a kind smile.
 
It was none other than my manager, my father, Muramasa. I had long forgotten his first name. He was known only by our family name. Like Madonna, he only really needed one name. Muramasa was that well known and respected, too.
 
At our age, he had been a popular musician before settling down with our deceased mother, Mayumi. He was known throughout the United States and Europe. He was a legend.
 
If I didn't respect him as much as I did, I'd probably hate him for his success.
 
“Hello, father” Akira smiled kindly, nodding his head towards our father.
 
“Dad!” Kyoshiro squealed happily, hugging Muramasa.
 
“Yo, Muramasa! What's up?” Tora asked, jumping onto the bed.
 
“Hey,” Sasuke smirked. Regardless of how callous he acted towards others, he really did have a heart. Other than his kindness, he's just like I was when I was his age; sarcastic, rude, and arrogant.
 
Muramasa greeted everyone, hugged those who would accept them, and then turned towards me, “Hello, Kyo.” He gave me one of his I-can-always-tell-what-you're-thinking smiles. I wouldn't be surprised if he could read my mind…
 
“Old man…” I grunted, staking my claim on the arm chair by the television.
 
“Now, boys,” Muramasa began cheerfully, “Before you turn in for the night, I would like to make an announcement.” The old man waited a moment for the gang to become quiet. I glared at them all to make them shut up faster.
 
Get on with this, old man. I'm missing valuable time for watching incredibly violent war movies.
 
After everyone became silent, Muramasa continued, “Because of my illness, I have decided to retire as your manager.”
 
“But, Dad!” Kyoshiro blurted, “What would we do without you?”
 
“Kyoshiro's right, father,” Akira added, “We're just beginning our cross-country Blue Requiem Tour. We would never be able to find someone with comparable skills to replace you in time.”
 
Muramasa smiled at his sons and their band mates, “Akira, I have already taken care of that problem. I have already found my replacement. You should all know her quite well. When her brother died four years ago, she was relocated to an orphanage a few towns over from ours. She was always a sweet, responsible, reliable girl. I would trust her with my life. She became her neighbor fourteen years ago when her parents died and she was sent to live with her adult brother. Your sister, Mahiro, and Akira were her best friends until she moved away… She was such a cute little girl...”
 
I groaned, bored with the description of a girl I most likely knew anyway. If she was Mahiro's best friend, she had to be about sixteen. A teenager was going to be our new manager? Could she handle us? I smirked. We are quite difficult to control…
 
“Come on, old man!” I shouted across the hotel room to my father, “Get on with it!”
 
Muramasa frowned at my rudeness, “Her name is Yuya Shiina.”
 
A series of gasps escaped the mouths of the band.
 
We, as in Kyoshiro, Akira, and I, practically grew up with the girl. She and Sakuya were the only girls I could ever tolerate… Kyoshiro and I always looked after her, considering Mahiro and Akira were always inviting her over to our house anyway. Seven years after she moved in, however, considering we were nine years older than Yuya, Mahiro, and Akira, Kyoshiro and I went off to college.
 
We met Hidetada Tokugawa, later known as Benitora, in college. We also met Yukimura Sanada, a talented pianist, and Bontenmaru, a moronic bass player, there as well. Together, we formed a band. It wasn't until the two of them went off on their own musical careers after college that Akira joined. We only played at local joints then, considering Akira was only thirteen.
 
A little less than three years ago were still looking for a bass player when Yukimura referred us to Sasuke Sanada (A/N: I know it's not right… I just wanted them to be related ^_^), his recently adopted and beloved younger brother. Strangely enough, Sasuke and Yuya were living in the same orphanage before he was adopted. Apparently, Yuya had even taken Sasuke under her wing and tamed the brat. It's hard to believe he was even more disrespectful back then. I have to hand it to her, Yuya did a great job.
 
It's actually kind of frightening how everyone except Tora knows Yuya. She almost ties us all together.
 
“Yuya?!” we all cried at once with completely different thoughts running through our heads.
 
I knew Kyoshiro was thinking, `Aww… I remember her! She was a cute girl… I wonder if she's got a nice body now…' That damn pervert.
 
Akira was definitely reminiscing about their relationship. Yuya was the only female who could bring out his gentle side. Yeah… I know… Akira has a gentle side… It is kinda hard to believe.
 
Sasuke was actually smiling. He hadn't seen his Yuya in almost three years. He loved two people more than anything; Yukimura, who was like a father to him, and Yuya, who was like a beloved older sister and/or mother. I told you; the kid has a heart.
 
Tora was wondering who the hell she was. He was the only one who had never met her. Oh, well. It'll be fun to leave him out of the loop.
 
As for me, I was wondering how I could piss her off again. Yuya always had a bad temper. It was usually me who would intentionally cause it to flare up. I always did have a lot of respect for her though, mainly for standing up to me (I was always a bully.), but also because regardless of what I did to torture her, she would always trust me with everything she had.
 
Yuya, Sakuya, and Muramasa are the only people who ever truly believed there's some good in me somewhere. I don't know where it is… but they seem to think it's there.
 
I looked at my old man. He was smiling to himself. I frowned. He knows us too well. Muramasa knew the old person who would be remotely capable of controlling us would be Yuya. And I hate being told what to do…
 
“So, dad, when's she arriving?” Kyoshiro inquired, blue eyes sparkling with crazy fantasies already. That perverted bastard…
 
“Tomorrow,” Muramasa answered, grinning.
 
A/N: So… how'd I do? Should I continue it? R & R!