Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ You and Me ❯ Reminiscence ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and Me
 
By Rin Amaru
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Samurai Deeper Kyo, any of its characters, or any of the song lyrics posted in this chapter. (I'm still not sure if I'll use any of those song lyrics… but…)
 
A/N: Hello everyone! Thanks so much for the reviews! They're so much appreciated. In the last chapter, I mentioned that Kyoshiro and Kyo were nine years older than Yuya and she was only seven when they went off to college. Just switch the numbers around to “seven…nine…”… It's a typo, sorry! Sappiness probably won't appear in this chapter, or, at the most, not much of it. Enjoy!
 
Chapter 2
Reminiscence
 
*~*
I rolled out of bed at 1:56 PM. When you stay up late and watch Saving Private Ryan, this is what you get: a very tired guy with violent war images running through his brain. These images, though thoroughly amusing, make it much harder to fall asleep. After I somehow managed to rid these images from my head, I slept like a rock.
 
Well, a very attractive looking rock, that is.
 
I stumbled into the bathroom with difficulty. My right leg had fallen asleep. I hate it when that happens… It's so weird… It's almost as if your leg has turned to rubber and is flopping around painfully. The painful part is because your rubber leg is being constantly stabbed with needles…
 
Kind of a disturbing sensation…
 
I turned on the shower, threw off my boxers, and stepped inside the tub. Welcoming the steaming hot liquid on my skin, my crimson eyes snapped open. My mind was finally awake.
 
Hey, isn't Yuya coming sometime today? Wow, I haven't seen her in so long… I wonder what she looks like… I mean, there's quite a difference between nine-year-olds and sixteen-year-olds. I wonder what her three sizes are…
 
Wait, I can't think like that. I'll start to sound like Benitora… Or, even worse, like Kyoshiro.
 
I grabbed the pathetically small bottle of hotel shampoo, amazed to find there was some left. Dumping it all onto my hands, I scrubbed my shaggy, ear-length, hell-black hair. As I rinsed the lather out of my scalp, I began to remember the day I met that girl.
 
She was almost three years old when she arrived with her brother in the house next door. Her golden hair was held in two tiny pigtails, her bright green eyes shining up at her brother. Nozumo, her brother, was a great guy. He was the perfect man. He was hardworking, caring, funny, sweet, and loyal to his little sister.
 
Yuya was cute, smart, and rather outgoing. She and my little sister, Mahiro, and my little brother, Akira, immediately became friends with her. Yuya just seemed to do that, always looking for the best in everyone and loving them. Even at two-years-old, she could capture the heart of anyone she wanted. And she never even realized it, which was cuter.
 
I can't believe I just used the word `cute' twice. Disgusting…
 
I brushed the words out of my mouth, along with the steak I had last night. That was great steak…
 
Anyway, so Nozumo, being Mr. Perfect, walked Yuya over to our house and introduced himself and his sister. Muramasa immediately took to the girl, feeling the pain Nozumo and Yuya felt for their parents. My mother had died the year before in a car accident.
 
I hated her for dying. I hated my dad for letting Mom take the car out that winter morning. I hated everyone. I was definitely one pissy nine-year-old. I had always been aggressive, but now I was a problem-child.
 
Muramasa invited Nozumo and Yuya inside the house to meet the family. He called Kyoshiro, Mahiro, Akira, and I into the living room to see the new neighbors. As you could imagine, I was quite reluctant to leave the comfort of my video games, but Kyoshiro convinced me to come downstairs.
 
When I came down the stairs and saw the tiny blonde girl in her brother's arms, I knew there was something I liked about the girl. When Kyoshiro, being the sap he is, walked over to her and tried to grab her little hands, Yuya frowned at him.
 
And grabbed his nose. Hard. Yeah, I definitely liked that girl… And that face she had on, she almost looked like a pissed puppy. I walked over to her, laughing at Kyoshiro nursing his nose, and patted the girl on the head, smiling.
 
“Dogface,” I had said, “I'm gonna call you Dogface!” Not realizing yet that it was not a nice nickname, she smiled up at me. Her smile made everyone in the room feel warm and loved. Yuya was definitely a special girl… Not that I cared about her or anything…
 
I heard a knock on the bathroom door.
 
“Kyo!” I heard Tora's voice say, “Hurry up in there! I gotta pee!”
 
An evil thought crossed my mind. I swung open the door so fast that Benitora couldn't react. The door had hit him smack-dab in the middle of his forehead. Ha, ha. That'll leave a nice bruise.
 
“Bumbling idiot,” Sasuke laughed. I smirked, pulling some beat up blue jeans over my black and red boxers. I didn't want to miss their next fight.
 
“Stupid kid! I'd like to see you dodge that door!” Benitora shouted, holding his forehead with both hands.
 
“Yeah, well I wouldn't be dumb enough to piss Kyo off like that,” Sasuke grinned, pulling his Gameboy out of his pocket. He was addicted to that thing.
 
“You brat!” Tora yelled, walking over to stand in front of Sasuke. The kid growled.
 
“Brat? You think I'm a brat? While your family was busy pampering your rich, fat ass, I was fighting the older kids at the orphanage for food everyday! If anyone's a brat, it's you!” Sasuke shouted, putting his toy down. When the toy went away, that was usually the end of it all.
 
Tora grabbed the kid's shirt, lifting him off the ground. Tora's normally squinty eyes opened in fury, “You will never mention my family again…” Sasuke just laughed.
 
He laughed and kicked Tora in the groin. Tora was then forced to let go of the boy and make sure his family jewels were still there.
 
Walking away in victory, Sasuke picked up his Gameboy and continued playing. “Moron…”
 
Tora was laying in a fetal position on the floor. I smirked. Grabbing a black Led Zeppelin shirt from my suitcase and pulling it over my head, I turned to leave. Upon hearing Tora whimper, I turned back and stood over him.
 
“Aww… Does it hurt, little Tora?” I cooed mockingly, “Now you might be sterile without Akira's help!” I laughed and walked into the conjoining hotel room.
 
I sat down on the bed beside Akira, who was ordered to flip through the channels by Sasuke (who was in the bathroom). Kinda strange, considering the sixteen-year-old was blind… Akira had his parted, wavy, platinum blonde hair nicely combed. He wore a pale blue, form fitting T-shirt and dark blue jeans. Aww… He was trying to look nice for his best friend…
 
I ruffled Akira's hair, trying to mess it up a bit. Seeing it that neat was an oddity. Usually he just left it the way it was when he rolled out of bed in the morning. The boy grunted.
 
“Muramasa left a little over an hour ago to pick up Yuya… Should be back soon,” he informed me. Seeing that he had paused for a moment on the movie The Last Samurai, I told him to keep it on.
 
“Thought you'd want that…” Akira said in his icy, know-it-all voice. I tried to shove him, but he easily avoided my arm. That's the sixth sense I mentioned earlier. Akira always knows where everyone is in a room, what their doing, who they are, how strong they are, and even whether someone is truly a good person at heart or not.
 
Akira laughed at me, knowing I was upset with the missed blow. I just snorted and turned to watch the movie on the television.
 
It confuses me how Tom Cruise can somehow evade all of the bullets in that field… The other army was using machine guns, for God's sake! Machine guns usually conquer swords. However, though everyone else on the battlefield is dead, except for the smart guys with machine guns, the only one alive is Tom Cruise's character. How does this happen? The machine guns didn't just say, `Oh, no! I can't hit that guy. He's the main character!'
 
Stupid movie making bastards… Can't get their facts straight.
 
Akira and I heard the door open and anxiously turned our heads, hoping to see a beautiful Yuya (or in Akira's case, sense a familiar being), but are disappointed with the arrival of Kyoshiro. He was carrying two six packs of Samuel Adams.
 
Akira sighed, “It disgusts me how you would bring alcohol in the presence of minors…”
 
Kyoshiro only grinned, “Aww, lighten up a bit, little bro!” He plopped down in the chair I had claimed yesterday. I growled.
 
“That's mine…” I said, glaring at my brother. Kyoshiro gave me a look of defeat and removed himself from the chair.
 
“Fine, Kyo, if you're gonna be possessive…” he said. I quickly pushed by him and sat down.
 
We heard the toilet flush and Sasuke entered the room again, “Eww… Kyoshiro! Beer? You're gross…” the boy said, sitting in the spot I had left on the bed and continuing to play his Gameboy.
 
“Did I hear something about beer?” Tora said happily, opening the door of the room I'd left him in. As he walked over to grab a cold one, he winced, causing Sasuke and I to chuckle. That idiot.
 
The hotel room door finally opened, revealing… Muramasa. My old man smiled sweetly and stepped into the room.
 
“Boys, I would like you to meet your new manager, Yuya Shiina!” he said, moving out of the way of a beautiful, blonde young woman.
 
Her waist length golden hair was tied back in a loose ponytail, her emerald eyes as bright as ever. She was wearing a light pink T-shirt and a denim skirt. She had rounded out into lovely curves with nice long legs. She had maintained an athletic, slender figure through the years.
 
In short, and I can't believe I'm saying this, she was beautiful. I must be a pedophile… I'm twenty-three and she's a minor…
 
Ah, well, she was gorgeous and everyone knew it. We were all staring at her silently, except Akira, who was analyzing her matured aura.
 
“Yuya!” Sasuke shouted gleefully, a true smile gracing his features. He was so happy to see his `sister' that he put down his Gameboy and ran towards her.
 
“Oh, my god! Sasuke! You've grown so much!” Yuya said, hugging her surrogate younger brother. She always did care for little kids…
 
Benitora burst out laughing, “Grown? Wow, how short was he back then? He's a friggin' midget!”
 
Sasuke glared at Tora, “You're just lucky my sister is here…” He walked back to his spot on the bed, kicking Benitora's leg on the way.
 
Next was Akira's turn. He slowly stood up, walked over to Yuya, and hugged her, “Mahiro and I have missed having you here. I hope you've been well.”
 
Yuya grinned at the sight of her old friend, “I have been well, Akira, thank you for your kindness!” After hugging him back, she gave him a friendly peck on the cheek. “You'll always be one of my best friends…”
 
Akira, who is normally the Ice Prince, smiled kindly at her, “Vice versa.” He returned to his seat.
 
Just as I was about to leave my comfortable chair to greet Yuya, Kyoshiro jumped up and stole my chance. I growled.
 
“Wow, Kyoshiro! You look just as I remembered you!” Yuya said happily, hugging him. That was a mistake.
 
Kyoshiro, being the perverted bastard he is, grabbed her butt. The air in the room suddenly became incredibly heavy. Yuya was pissed…
 
“YOU… YOU PERVERT!!” Yuya screamed as an incredibly loud slap was heard throughout the room and maybe even the entire hotel. Everyone closed their eyes.
 
When we opened them, Kyoshiro had a red handprint on his face and was tied tightly to the chair next to mine. I smirked. I love girls who can defend themselves… I did not just say that…
 
I heard someone drooling happily and turned to see Benitora staring at Yuya. I frowned. Disgusting.
 
“YUYA!! YOU”RE THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS!!” he shouted gleefully, attempting to get her into a bear hug, “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?”
 
Yuya glared at him, hard. Oh, that's right. She doesn't even know his name…
 
“That's Benitora, Yuya, he means you no harm,” Muramasa said from the corner, smiling.
 
Yuya appeared to be deep in thought, and, after a pause, allowed Tora to shake her hand in a more formal greeting. Tora, however, just tried to hug her again. Since she didn't trust him, Benitora was tied up on the floor beside Kyoshiro.
 
“And we'll have a wedding in June… and have three kids…” Benitora said, drooling on the floor. Sasuke walked over to his pathetic form and kicked his side.
 
“Serves you right for messing with my sister…” he said, “Next time, you'll deal with me…”
 
I supposed it was my turn, so I stood up and walked towards her, “It's been a long time, Dogface…” I smirked, watching her face turn cherry red.
 
“You… You… Stop calling me that!” Yuya shouted, trying to hit me. Me, being the awesome person I am, grabbed her wrists with just one hand.
 
“Nice to see you, too” I said, grinning at her predicament. She just glowered.
 
“You stupid JERK!” Yuya shouted angrily.
 
Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I knew exactly how I could piss her off more…
 
With my free hand, I grabbed her breasts, “Hmm… Pathetic… I hope you're still growing…” I tried my best to hide my smile, I hadn't had this much fun in a long time.
 
“OF COURSE I'M STILL GROWING, KYO! I'm only SIXTEEN!” Yuya screeched, trying to kick my strong legs. Nothing she could do, however, would hurt me. She knew better. “YOU BASTARD!!”
 
After a few more moments of pointless struggling, she blushed in defeat… or… was it something else? Nevertheless, I had won. I smiled haughtily, inches from her face.
 
“You just can't beat me…” I said, feeling her warm breath on my cheeks. God, she's hot…
 
“Leave her alone!” Sasuke shouted, sitting on Benitora's tied up legs. I grunted, reluctant to let go of her wrists. My hands burned where her skin touched mine.
 
There was definitely something I really liked about this girl, and I aimed to find out…
 
My old man, Muramasa, was still standing in the corner, watching the whole situation. He knew what he was doing when he picked Yuya.
 
He knew what she would do to me…
 
Our little group laughed and enjoyed the company of a fiery bundle of estrogen. Even Kyoshiro and Benitora, after Yuya was persuaded to untie them, behaved themselves.
 
She smiled at me from across the room.
 
She was so pretty, so innocent… and that smile made me feel things I've never felt before. Not even for Sakuya…
 
Yuya made me feel warm, special, and loved. My father definitely made the right choice in Yuya.
 
Maybe she could melt my heart of steel.
 
A/N: I know, cheesy ending… I just didn't feel like writing anymore… I'll start the next chapter tomorrow!! Yay! It'll probably get a bit sappier then. R & R!!