Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ You and Me ❯ Love Song ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and Me
 
By Rin Amaru
 
Disclaimer: Don't own ANYTHING!
 
A/N: Hopefully this one will have a little more emotion in it, but I'm still not sure lol Oh, and in the last chapter, I talked about Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai. I was not making fun of him, I was saying how retarded that one scene was and I knew that Kyo would pick up on it as well. I actually love that movie. That one scene DOES piss me off though… lol
 
Chapter 3
 
Love Song
 
*~*
 
After an hour or so of catching up on old times, or in Benitora's case, learning how little he knows of our pasts, Muramasa stood up to leave.
 
“I'm very sorry to put a damper on this momentous occasion, but I really must be going. Mahiro is waiting for me at home,” my old man said, blue eyes smiling, “Yuya, if you need any help, just give me a call.”
 
Yuya smiled kindly, “I think I'll be able to handle them, Muramasa. Thank you…”
 
My old man reached into his pocket and pulled out his Palm Pilot. Inside its electronic contents was the entire tour schedule, including limo rides, plane arrivals and departure, and directions to each concert. Muramasa certainly wasn't leaving us in the dark…
 
“You will need this. It has our schedules inside it. The boys will help you if you can't find something on it,” Muramasa smiled, handing the Palm Pilot to Yuya.
 
And with that, my old man smiled sweetly and left.
 
He always left with a smile.
 
After that, we all dispersed into our own little groups; Akira and Sasuke played video games (Akira is actually really good at video games… kinda weird…), Kyoshiro and Benitora were drooling over Playboy, Yuya was trying to find today's schedule, and I went into the other room to try and write some songs.
 
Silence. Complete silence.
 
It was wonderful. I smiled, picking up my acoustic guitar and sitting on the edge of the bed. I had been trying to write a love song for a while now. I already had the music part all planned out. If I ever went solo (which is my ultimate dream) I would want it to be my first single.
 
But I was never inspired. Even with Sakuya, I never felt the urge to write a song about her. Today, however, I have the beginnings of song lyrics swirling around in my head.
 
I grab my pick and start playing the chords I had memorized long ago. My heart was becoming the song. Closing my eyes, I allowed my mind to step back and let my soul take over.
 
All I had left running through my brain were memories of a certain golden haired girl…
 
“You come too close,
I push you away
You still came to know
What I meant to say…
 
Why is she taking over my mind? What's wrong with me? I'm stronger than this, I'm better than this…
 
It makes me feel week
To have you tag along
Maybe you have what I seek
I've been waiting too long…
 
Well, I guess my heart thinks a little differently… Dammit… That'll have to change…
 
I don't need you, Yuya… I just can't forget about you… In all the years I've known you, you've never let me down. You were my loyal servant. Nothing more…
 
I don't need your smile
I don't need your kiss
I don't need your laugh
And I don't think I'd miss
The way you know how
I feel in the dark…
 
But even when I was being abusive and cruel and I didn't deserve your care, you still saw the good in me…
 
You still believed in me… But, I don't want you to change me…
 
“You can't have my heart…”
 
I heard a soft knock on the door connecting the two hotel rooms. Without opening my eyes, I heard the noises of loud video games for a moment before the click of the door. I heard soft footsteps walking over and stopping in front of me.
 
I crimson eyes flashed open to see the one person at that moment I didn't want to see.
 
“Hn. Dogface…” I grunted, acknowledging her. Looking embarrassed, Yuya held out Muramasa's Palm Pilot to me.
 
“I'm very sorry for disturbing you…” she blushed, looking at the floor, "But the others were too busy to help me, so… Kyo, could you find today's schedule for me…?”
 
I looked quizzically up at her. The others were too busy? Assholes…
 
Yuya was looking even more nervous as she tried to think of an excuse, “Well, I need to find out when and where you guys are going tonight and—“
 
“Give it,” I interrupted, grabbing the device from her delicate hands. She gasped in surprise for a moment before her eyes narrowed.
 
“Kyo…” Yuya warned. I smirked. She never stops amusing me…
 
“It's alright, Dogface… I realize you're incompetent, but, because I'm such a kind person, I will help you,” I said sarcastically, now grinning.
 
I watched Yuya's face turn red again, prepared to blow up at me, before I grabbed her arm and pulled her onto the bed beside me.
 
“Kyo! You rude, heartless—“
 
“Look,” I said, holding the Palm Pilot so she could see it, “You push the little button here and it brings you to the year's calendar. Now, to get the tour schedule, you push this over here… and… Once you have that screen up, you scroll down through the months and find the day you're looking for…”
 
While explaining, I stole a glance at her. She looked serious, staring intently at the small screen. Her full, pink lips were slightly parted… She just looked so beautiful… And I just wanted to…
 
Realizing I was now staring at her, Yuya looked up at me with her bright green eyes. She blushed, looking away. I lifted my hand to her cheek and turned her face towards mine.
 
Crimson met emerald as our eyes locked. As if entranced, we closed our eyes and leaned towards each other…
 
When my lips brushed her soft ones, I knew this girl meant something to me. I felt as if I had been suffocating my whole life and I had just taken my first breath…
 
But I can't succumb to this. I can't be this weak…
 
Reluctantly, I pulled away, leaving my heart screaming for more. Why does she do this to me?
 
Puzzled, Yuya looked up at me. Then, she smiled. It was a genuine, sweet smile meant only for me.
 
I felt the corners of my mouth turn up slightly more than usual. Impulsively, I leaned in for another kiss…
 
But there was a knock on the door. Immediately, Yuya and I moved as far away from each other as possible.
 
I handed her the Palm Pilot back just as Benitora opened the door.
 
“Hey, Kyo! Our ride is here to take us to the Avalon!” he shouted, grinning at the sight of Yuya.
 
“Oh, that's right! We were supposed to leave at about 4:30…” the golden haired girl said, glancing at the schedule I found for her. She looked up at me, “Well, let's go!”
 
She jumped up and ran out the door behind Benitora. I heard him ask, “Will you sit with me in the car, Yuya?” I heard her groan, “Fine…”
 
“Yeah… Be right there…” I said, mainly to myself, returning to my usual tone of complete indifference.
 
I stood up, packed away my acoustic guitar, grabbed my rhythm guitar, amp, and extra picks, I followed Yuya, Benitora, and the others out the door.
 
The gates weren't supposed to open until 6 so we all had until then to ourselves to practice and set up for the concert.
 
Benitora was bugging Yuya again, wanting to know what kind of cake to serve at their `wedding'. Akira was testing his keyboard while letting Kyoshiro and Sasuke tune their guitars. I was plugging in all of our wires and cords into the right amps while glaring at Benitora (unbeknownst to him…).
 
Suddenly, Kyoshiro squealed in happiness and ran off. Turning to see what passing female had caught his eye, I saw one of the people I hate most in this world.
 
“Okuni…” I growled, glaring at the tall young woman by the door. Kyoshiro was still drooling over her… disgusting…
 
Okuni Izumo was sporting her luxurious onyx hair, pushing it back with deep red fingernails. Her hair went straight down past her perfectly round rear-end. Okuni's waist was very slim, accentuating her already large breasts. She wore a black tube top and a leather mini-skirt.
 
After hearing her name, her Prussian blue eyes swept the room until she found my crimson ones. She smirked happily, walking towards me.
 
“Long-time-no-see, Kyo,” Okuni purred, reaching out her hand to caress my face. I glared at her in response, slapping her hand away.
 
“Get your dirty hands off me, Fox-bitch…” I snarled, not wanting to deal with her anymore. Ever since she gave all of my personal information to every paparazzo who wanted it, I have been filled with this burning hatred for her.
 
Before that, she was just a good friend of mine from college, Sakuya's best friend. She and Sakuya had always had crushes on Kyoshiro and I. They were silently competing, but remained friends. However, in our sophomore year in college, I went out with Sakuya. This ripped their friendship apart. Though Sakuya, being the kind person she is, didn't think badly of her, Okuni hated her soul. After awhile, they were mortal enemies. Even after Sakuya… Well, even after that, they still couldn't stand to be around each other. But, through it all, Okuni learned to love me unrequitedly.
 
Okuni managed one day to finally realize I will never have feelings for her. So, she decided to make my life a living hell so I would hate her. When you think about it, if you hate someone enough, you will always think about them. Even though she knew I wouldn't be thinking nice things about her, it was enough to her that I was somehow thinking of her.
 
I looked up at her, trying to restrain myself from killing her (only because I would be thrown in jail…), and glowered. She smiled.
 
“Now, Kyo, don't be so rude. I came with… information for you,” Okuni smiled slyly, “I've gotten wind of a rumor… She will be in Houston the same time as you.”
 
My eyes narrowed as Kyoshiro's widened. Sakuya… Kyoshiro's beloved girlfriend… my ex-girlfriend… will be in the same place next week?
 
Kyoshiro squealed again, “Sakuya is coming to visit me!” He skipped around the stage laughing, “I told you she loves me, Akira!”
 
Akira only frowned at the crazed bastard, “You might want to consider shutting up…” My little brother was saying exactly what I wanted him to. I was too busy trying to burn a hole through my twin's stupid little head.
 
Suddenly remembering that Sakuya's name cannot be mentioned aloud or certain death will follow, Kyoshiro grinned sheepishly and looked at me apologetically, “Oh, sorry, Kyo…”
 
“Asshole…” I spat, trying to restrain from hurting him. Can't do that now, we have a concert in a few hours…
 
Okuni looked at her watch and pursed her dark red lips, “Well, I'd better get going…” She bent down and kissed my forehead. Yuya gasped in shock and jealousy.
 
That's it…
 
Before I realized what I was doing, I had stood up, picked Okuni up by her neck, and placed her outside the door to the stage.
 
“I think you'd better get going,” I said mockingly. My eyes shined with bloodlust.
 
A glimmer of fright passed over Okuni's Prussian eyes before they returned to normal. She smiled slyly as if nothing had happened and left.
 
I stood in the doorway, glaring at the spot she had left, until I felt a cool hand touch my shoulder. I turned to meet concerned emerald eyes. She was… worried about me…
 
I felt the urge to tell her everything I was feeling; about her, about Okuni, about Sakuya, Kyoshiro… everything. But the strongest, most attractive guy ever couldn't possibly do that, could he?
 
To calm her nerves, I gave her a half-smile before pushing her hand away. I walked off the stage and into the dressing room. Much to my surprise, Yuya didn't follow me.
 
She understood me, unlike… Sakuya…
 
Speaking of that witch, what will I do when I see her again? What will Yuya say when she finds out who Sakuya is?
 
I sat down in the chair by the vanity, putting my head in my hands. Life sucks sometimes, doesn't it?
 
A/N: Listening to Tubthumping by Chumbawamba… great song… Anyways, this might be my last chapter for a few weeks. I'm going on vacation! Lol Well, enjoy and, as always, R & R!! Oh, and by the way, I know that their last names are first… i.e. Yuya Shiina = Shiina Yuya, Okuni Izumo = Izumo no Okuni, Sasuke Sanada = Sarutobi Sasuke (or in this case, Sanada Sasuke), and Yukimura Sanada = Sanada Yukimura. I just wanted to Americanize the names a bit for this fic.