Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ You and Me ❯ Missing ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and Me
 
By Rin Amaru
 
Disclaimer: I would love to own SDK, but alas! I do not.
 
A/N: Sorry for the delay, I went on vacation for 2 weeks and had NO computer time. The good part is that I had time to plan out this and future chapters. If things go according to plan, there will be 11 chapters.
 
~*~
Chapter 4
 
Missing
 
~*~
 
I have been sitting in the dressing room for the past hour, simply staring in the mirror. Before Okuni told me that Sakuya was coming to Houston, I thought it would be really cool to come here and have fun… with Yuya…
 
Yes, my thoughts for the past 60 minutes have consisted of two women; Sakuya and Yuya. Sakuya, my first love and the bitch who chose Kyoshiro over me. Yuya, the girl who rejects every other guy but me.
 
Up until this point, I felt I hated Sakuya, now I just feel nothing at all. No caring, no hatred, nothing. Kind of odd.
 
And I hate it.
 
Hatred always feels nice when it rushes through my body, creating more power to pulverize my enemies. It was quite useful in high school when Kyoshiro and I did kendo, judo, and karate on the school teams. We were always the best two players. Kyoshiro always had perfect skills while I had both the skills and brute strength.
 
The brute strength usually came from my opponent striking me in some way, whether an insult or an actual hit. That would cause me to hate him. Adrenaline and extreme dislike would course through my veins and into my muscles. That was usually when the battle ended.
 
Yes, hate is quite useful.
 
Now, as for my feelings for the lovely blonde girl, I definitely don't hate her. I know for a fact I'm attracted to her. So, that means she's on the `She's tolerable' list… Sort of… It scares me that sometimes when I look at her, I feel what I felt for Sakuya… But I can't let that happen again, I can't get hurt again, I… can't love again.
 
Not that she knows that… yet.
 
I heard a knocking on the dressing room door. Instinctively, I swiveled the bar-stool-like chair I was sitting in to face the door.
 
Slowly opening the door and creeping in, Yuya sat down on the red, overstuffed couch to the left of the door. She held my father's palm pilot in her hands.
 
“Kyo, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but the concert starts in 45 minutes…” she said, green eyes full of concern… for my awesome self of course. So she did notice I was more withdrawn than usual… Dammit… I guess I'll have to tell her…
 
“Umm… I was wondering…” the girl asked, suddenly finding her green and red Vans incredibly interesting, “Who was that person Okuni was talking about?” Her eyes remained on her shoes.
 
This new development startled me. She brought up the discussion I was just about to start. I knew I liked this girl, sparing me the effort of beginning stressful conversations.
 
“Well,” I began. Though I had practiced this in the mirror, it was nothing like actually going through with it. “The Fox-bitch was referring to my ex-girlfriend from college, Sakuya Mibu…”
 
I let waves of shock and jealousy pass over the girl's face, finally focused on mine.
 
“Mibu? Wasn't your father one?” she asked, changing the subject.
 
“Heh, heh. I though you started this conversation… My family is related to the Mibu clan. We, however, are of the Sengo clan. It's relatively new, formed by my grandmother who broke from the Mibu and married outside of it. It's really not that interesting…” I said, knowing her next question.
 
“But Mibu was a band that your father was in, right?” I was right on the mark. God, I'm so intelligent.
 
“Some of the Mibu formed a band, yes, and asked my father to join both the clan and the band. My father came to dislike the members of the clan and it's rules, disbanded, and came back to the Sengo clan. He then married my mother and had Kyoshiro and I,” I said, sighing, acting completely disinterested. I've received this question so many times from fans…
 
Silence… I could tell Yuya found it painful.
 
“Did you… love Sakuya?” she asked in almost a whisper. Why do I get the feeling she likes me? Oh, yeah… I did kiss her…
 
“Yes. I did,” I responded slowly, burning a hole in the door, “But not anymore…”
 
Silence, yet again. This time, even I felt the awkwardness.
 
“Do you…” she started, once again finding her shoes to be the most interesting thing in existence, “Do you… care about me?”
 
She spoke the last part of that quite quickly. It took a moment to translate. She obviously took the silence as a no. The girl got up and walked over to the door.
 
I felt my heart wrench. Yuya didn't even look at me.
 
“You…” she said as she leaned against the door frame, struggling to control her emotions, “You have 36 minutes.” Yuya opened the door and quietly closed it. I heard her footsteps in the hall quickly leading towards the others on the stage.
 
Shit… The strange thing is I actually felt guilty. Like I hurt someone I actually care for's feelings. Like I was the lowest piece of crap on Earth for hurting the girl.
 
I didn't think I was capable of learning new emotions. Obviously, I was wrong. It's alright… as long as I've only been wrong once.
 
I swiveled the chair back to face the mirror again, glaring at myself.
 
“You stupid, stupid, stupid, bastard…” I said to myself. Maybe I'm going insane…
 
I rested my head on the vanity, my brain swimming in guilt and shame.
 
“Shit!” I growled.
 
I allowed my mind to wander for 10 more minutes until I finally came to a decision: I was going to apologize. I know, I know… Shocking.
 
It wouldn't take a normal person that long to decide to say he's sorry, but I, the man who was wrong only twice, doesn't apologize for nothing.
 
Reluctantly standing up and walking to the door, I paused. Do I really want to do this? Some strange, unfamiliar organ by my left lung replied with the affirmative. Yes, I did want to do this.
 
I walked towards the stage. Upon entering, I saw Akira playing with the synthesizer, Sasuke with his bass, Kyoshiro with Playboy, Benitora over Kyoshiro's shoulder… and no Yuya.
 
The now familiar feeling of guilt overtook me again, along with worry. The only other time I felt this worried was when she had gotten lost and almost beaten up by a gang. Luckily, I was there to save her.
 
Today, I don't think I can.
 
Finally noticing my existence, Akira casually looked over at me and asked, “Kyo, do you by chance know where Yuya went off to?”
 
I growled. If Akira didn't know, then nobody knew. Dammit…
 
“I was hoping you'd know…” I replied darkly. Hot flashes of guilt, concern, and now, fear, washed over my features for a moment.
 
I knew Kyoshiro noticed. I really hate being a twin… All that silently understanding each other stuff…
 
“Kyo,” Kyoshiro asked, tearing himself away from Pamela Anderson, “Why don't you go look for her?” Once again, he understood me. Damn him… He knew I wanted to find her myself.
 
“Wait, my sister is missing?” Sasuke looked up, obviously worried. Poor kid. I can't drag him along…
 
“The love of my life left me?” Tora shouted in dismay. I snarled. I'd definitely have to leave him here…
 
“You guys stay here. I'll be back with her before the show starts...” I said, turning to leave before anyone could follow me.
 
“You have 20 minutes, Kyo,” Akira said icily, looking at his watch, “You'd better find her…” I could have sworn I felt significantly colder…
 
I nodded, opened the door, and left the room.
 
Once out, I immediately sprinted in the direction I heard her go. I have to find her; I want to find her…
 
I need to know what she means to me… It can't be too late, it can't!
 
Luckily, I managed to avoid any dead ends. Thank God, we came to this venue for our last tour or I wouldn't know where I was going.
 
Just as I passed the other band's dressing room, I heard a scream. A disturbingly familiar scream.
 
“KYO!” it cried, obviously female. It was definitely my Yuya.
 
Time seemed to stop. Panic set in. Adrenaline rushed through my brain (more than before) as I tried to open the dressing room door.
 
It was locked.
 
Silently praising my karate teacher for training me, I kicked down the door. I have to admit, that was pretty damn cool.
 
Upon gazing into the room, I found Yuya against a wall, shirt ripped open, and breasts exposed. The stoned lead singer of the band after us, Ecstasy, was trying to find some ecstasy for himself. He was attempting to push his leg between Yuya's. My Yuya's.
 
She was looking straight at me, hot tears running down her face, fear in her emerald eyes. She called for me again. I looked at the asshole who was trying to rape her, too stoned to notice I was there.
 
How dare he touch what's mine. I saw red.
 
Before I knew what I was doing, I had pulled the bastard off her and punched him and kicked him until he passed out. I wanted nothing more in that moment than to end his life. The girl is mine, Yuya is mine, and she always will be. She always has been. From her younger days as my servant to now as the young woman I care for, I own her.
 
I heard Yuya slide down the wall, still sobbing. Turning to look at her, I was startled when she flew into my arms. What surprised me more is that I held her there.
 
After a moment in our silent hug, I choked out, “Are you alright?”
 
Pulling back enough so I could see her face, she smiled gratefully, “Yes, thank you. But I was so scared, I—“ She broke off her own sentence with another sob. Instinctively I pulled her back against my chest, not caring my shirt was now soaked.
 
Relief washed over me. Adrenaline stopped pumping. The heart I didn't even know was beating out of my chest slowed. Possessiveness took over.
 
Yes, I do care deeply for her…
 
“I'll never let anyone touch you again, you hear me?” I said, holding her tighter. I felt her smile against my chest. She took it as the response to her previous question. She took it as a `yes'.
 
I carried her bridal style back to the stage where the others were waiting with the local police. While they cried in happiness with her return and in shock of what happened, I went to change my incredibly wet T-shirt.
 
Smiling, I made a note to bug her about that later.
 
A/N: Aww… Still more to come! R&R!