Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ You and Me ❯ Old Friend ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and Me
 
By Rin Amaru
 
Disclaimer: If I was actually making money on this…. Wow… I'd have a new chapter up every day and be in the process of writing about 12 more fan fictions. I can assure you, that's not true. If I had a nickel every time I had to write one of these things, I'd be a rich teen.
 
A/N: Chapter 5!!! *claps for herself* Okay, I have one secret. A character will be introduced in this chapter who I'm sure many people have been waiting to see. Aww, my dog is wiggling her toes in her sleep…
 
~*~
Chapter 5
 
Old Friend
~*~
 
I despise planes. Not only do I occasionally become motion sick, but there are always problems with every plane or airport I happen to be in.
 
Today, for instance. Now, a flight from Houston, Texas to Chicago, Illinois isn't too long of a ride. However, we (Akira, Benitora, Sasuke, Kyoshiro, Yuya, and I) have all been sitting in our plane for the past 2 hours. We haven't even taken off. That means we don't get any refreshments, tiny bags of pretzels, or even peanuts. That means we have to live on sporadic bursts of air from our personal air conditioning vents… Lovely.
 
The one good part about all this, however, is that Yuya gets to sit next to me. Well, scratch that. Yuya was forced to sit next to me. I refused to let her sit next to Kyoshiro or Benitora… Those perverts. After last night's events, they have been more determined to grab the breasts they have confirmed exist. Damn, those bastards…. She's all mine.
 
Why so possessive over a 16 year old, you ask? Well, I have simply decided she will be my woman; and she will like it. And if that Sakuya-bitch tries to come within a 500 foot radius of Yuya, she will be forced to die a horrible and painful death… Just kidding… Though I would love to do that, she would only get a dirty mouthful of curse words and possibly, if she attacks me first, a black eye to mare her oh-so-perfect face.
 
I smiled at the thought. Feeling a stirring next to me, I turned my head away from the pathetically small window I had been looking through to focus my eyes on the beautiful blonde girl next to me.
 
She has appeared to have recovered from last night's attempted rape. And I said, appeared. My Yuya is definitely not okay. She flinches whenever a male (other than Akira, Sasuke, and I… she feels safer around us…) comes too close or touches her without previous knowledge. Yuya also stays much closer to me than before, which I like. A lot. Every man should have a beautiful woman clinging to his arm.
 
And my woman certainly is beautiful. Even her swollen, bruised lips look beautiful on her, her emerald eyes hiding her sadness and fear inside. She would never show those emotions willingly; she's too strong.
 
Those gorgeous green eyes looked up at me happily. My stomach felt like it almost did a somersault. Perhaps it really did. Either way, it felt good. All that from one glance?
 
“Kyo?” Yuya asked, gazing up at me with extreme gratitude and care, “Thanks again, for… saving me last night…” She turned away for a moment to hide her blush, then turned back to face me, smiling.
 
Then the unexpected happened. The girl grabbed my hand, holding it gently in hers. I can't believe I'm thinking this, but it felt so good, so special. It was as if the gesture was created solely for this moment between us.
 
I felt the corners of my mouth twitch in happiness. I think I may have actually smiled before replying, “Don't mention it.” I swore I heard my voice crack in that short sentence. That's not normal for a young man in his twenties… God dammit! I'm becoming a sap…
 
Looking over at Yuya, I noticed her smile had become ever wider. Then I noticed her hand was still around mine. She gently squeezed my hand. I intertwined our fingers. I squeezed back.
 
Why does this physical contact feel so good, so magical?
 
Our sweet silence was interrupted.
 
“Kyo! Kyo!” Benitora shouted, shoving the latest issue of Maxim they (he and Kyoshiro, they were both sitting behind us) found in the airport in my face, “Isn't she so hot?”
 
Yuya gasped.
 
“Tora! Why would you even look at stuff like that?” Yuya shouted, about to snap.
 
I closed my eyes, refusing to look at the disgusting, degrading photos of a woman I had no connection to. I didn't really want one. Besides, I can't cheat on my woman.
 
I decided to get rid of the problem.
 
I lifted the disturbing magazine away from my face, and then proceeded to punch it into Tora's face. I sighed, listening to the bastard moaning in pain. The drummer is always underappreciated.
 
I gazed over at Yuya, who was talking with Akira and Sasuke across the aisle. Just then, a fat, middle-aged man sat in the empty seat beside Yuya. I guessed he had been flirting with the stewardesses for the past 2 hours. He seemed like the type. I watched his every move, his every glance. Just then, he finally dared to try and look down my woman's shirt. Bastard. Not removing my glaring, crimson eyes from his, I stood up and reluctantly let go of Yuya's hand.
 
“What's wrong, Kyo?” she asked quizzically, eyebrows furrowing slightly.
 
Still trying to burn a hole through the man's skull, I responded, “Get up. We're switching seats.”
 
“But, Kyo, I though you wanted the window seat so you wouldn't get sick…” Yuya asked, now knowing something was up.
 
“Yeah, well, I changed my mind,” I said, directing the anger in my voice towards the fat, old pervert. I heard Yuya stand up, actually obeying orders, and we slid past each other, bodies touching. She smiled at me. I smiled at her.
 
Yearning to be in contact with her again, to prove to her she's mine, I grabbed her hand again, gently holding it in mine. I turned to give the death glare to the man beside me. He snorted, picking up that dumb but strangely occupying SkyMall magazine and flipping through its contents, ignoring me. If I could, I would have killed him. Instead, I turned to look at my woman and the all-to-familiar black pavement outside my window.
 
It was in that moment, to our relief, we heard the pilot come on the speakers, “We have finally received clearance to leave the airport. Please go back to your seats and sit down. We will be arriving in O'Hare Airport in Chicago at about 4:30 PM. Enjoy the flight.”
 
That retarded dinging noise went off and the seatbelt sign lit up as we were taxied to the runway. Yuya squeezed my hand, happily looking out the window. She loved planes. I thought they were a necessary evil. Of, course, I'm right.
 
Within 10 minutes, the planes lifted off. In about 4 hours, I will be performing in another concert. I stole the pillow I had left on Yuya's seat and put it behind my head. I might as well sleep for the next hour and a half.
 
“Kyo…” I heard Yuya grumble. She was upset about the loss of the pillow that wasn't even hers to begin with. That was the last thing I heard, other than those obnoxiously loud jets, before I fell asleep.
 
The concert in Chicago went significantly better than the one in Houston. In Houston, in addition to Yuya almost being raped, we couldn't go on stage for another hour. During that hour, police questioned everyone, mainly Yuya, that bastard from Ecstasy, and myself. Obviously, Yuya was cleared of any charges, being that she was the victim. I was cleared, though I did beat the crap out of that guy… Max, I think his name was…
 
Well, that Max guy was arrested and his band wasn't allowed to play at the venue. Sucks for them. In the remaining time left before the concert was over, we played. We played for 2 whole hours. We were only supposed to open for Ecstasy. So, we decided which songs to play as we went along.
 
Despite the many obstacles, I think the concert went okay. In Chicago, it was amazing. The fans were really into the music. They even did that lighter thing in one of our slower songs. It was so cool.
 
Of course, all the fans were screaming for me. During the autograph session, I had the longest line of people. I am so friggin' awesome.
 
So, what are we (Akira, Tora, Sasuke, Kyoshiro, Yuya, and I) doing now? We are wandering around the Woodfield mall in Chicago; separately, of course.
 
Kyoshiro and Benitora immediately hit the food court. If Cinnabon's weren't so damn good, I would hold that against them. It is exactly because of their cinnimony goodness that we're going to meet up there in 20 minutes.
 
I can't wait.
 
Anyways, so Sasuke ran off to Gamers Paradise. What a surprise… That kid is addicted. Ah, well. It keeps him quiet. And as long as he can beat up Tora for me, I want him around. He's a cool brat.
 
Akira went to go confuse people in the art stores. I wish I could be there… My blind little brother critiquing photos, sculptures, and paintings… If the innocent people in those stores don't leave freaked out, then I don't know what kind of hallucinogenic drug they're on.
 
As for me, I am scouring Hot Topic and Pac Sun for some new pants. I dragged Yuya along with me. She did throw a fit at first, but she got used to the circulation in her hand being cut off as I dragged her through the stores.
 
After looking in both stores twice, I decided my best bet for good new pants was Hot Topic. I ordered Yuya to pick out different pants for me.
 
“How about this one?” Yuya said in a bored, monotone voice. This had to have been the fiftieth pair of pants she's held up for me. They were black cargos with nice deep pockets. However, there was still something missing.
 
“Where are all the little strappy things? I can't buy pants without those! It's my trademark!” I shouted, snorting at the pants in disgust. I wasn't lying; I always did have strappy things on my pants in concerts. Not usually for casual wear (like now, for instance, I'm wearing Prussian blue jeans; dark, but no strappy things). I don't know what they're called though…
 
“How about these?” a familiar voice said. The voice was a bit feminine, but was definitely a male voice. I turned to stare into the cobalt blue eyes of someone I knew all too well.
 
I smirked, “Yukimura…”
 
The pants he was holding were exactly what I was looking for. After grabbing the pants from my old friend, I walked up to the cashier with a confused Yuya tagging along.
 
Yuya finally looked at the man, eyes quickly lighting up, “Mr. Sanada! You were the one who adopted Sasuke!”
 
Yukimura smiled kindly, patting Yuya on the head, “Yuya, right? I've heard so much about you from Sasuke. And, no, I didn't adopt Sasuke, my parents did. Why do you ask?” The blue eyed man ran a hand through his blue-tinted black hair, leaning down to Yuya's eye level and speaking in a serious (for once) voice, “Are you interested?”
 
Yuya became flustered. She had no idea how to respond.
 
“N-no! I just thought you adopted him. I'm sorry!” she said, averting her eyes. With my new pants in a bag over my shoulder, I wrapped my free arm around Yuya's shoulders.
 
“You shouldn't use your tricks on little girls,” I laughed, feeling Yuya growl against my chest.
 
I'm not a little girl…” she hissed up at me. I just smiled evilly.
 
Yukimura laughed, “So, I suppose you must be wondering why I'm here.” I nodded. “Well, as soon as I found out I was opening for you tonight I wanted so badly to see you guys again! You know, I really miss playing the piano for you, but being solo is so much more fun. You should try it, Kyo!”
 
I smirked at the strange man before me. Somehow, he knew I planned to go solo. I know him well enough to know he would never have mentioned it unless he knew I had thought about it.
 
“You know me too well…” I said, leading him out of the store. He jogged a bit to catch up, smiling at me.
 
“Of course, Kyo, that's why I consider you among my best friends.”
 
Yuya looked at Sanada quizzically, “I don't understand… How do you know Kyo?”
 
Yukimura smiled sweetly, reminiscing, “Ah… Kyo and I met in college. We were actually roommates freshman year. The two of us were thinking of creating a band and, slowly, other people came to us and it formed on its own. The original Samurai Deeper was made up of Kyo, Kyoshiro, Tora, Bontenmaru, and I. We had just gotten signed in senior year when I decided to go off on my own. Bontenmaru did the same.”
 
I jumped in, “Then Akira took Sanada's place and Yukimura recommended Sasuke to take Bon's place. After college we began touring and, almost immediately, we became mainstream.”
 
Yuya's puzzled expression lessened. She smiled, “Ah, thanks. I get it now. It's very nice to meet you Mr. Sanada.”
 
My old friend appeared startled. He never really liked formalities. He had enough of that at home. He came from a very… rich family.
 
“Oh, no, no, no! You can just call me Yukimura, okay?” he said, grinning.
 
Yuya nodded her response while she looked at her watch, “We should head back to the food court now… Would you like to join us, Yukimura? I'm sure Sasuke would love to see you!”
 
Sanada smiled, patting Yuya on the head, and walked towards the directory to check which level the food court was on. Once found, we headed straight there. We were going to be late.
 
It was easy to spot where the others were. Tora was laughing hysterically at something. That bumbling idiot. He looked like a possessed hamster when he laughed like that.
 
I led Yuya by the small of her back to a chair next to the one I had claimed. Yukimura brought one over.
 
At the table were Akira, Benitora, and Kyoshiro. I assumed they had sent Sasuke to retrieve their food.
 
“Hey, Kyo! You should've— Oh, my god! Yukimura!” Tora shouted, leaping out of his seat to greet our old band mate. Kyoshiro looked up, eyes full of happiness and cinnibon glaze on his cheeks.
 
Yukimura!!!” Yet another idiot, this time my brother, got up to hug Yukimura.
 
Next came the chorus of “Oh, my god! How have you been? Whatcha been doing? Blah, blah, blah!” I actually enjoyed my meeting with him much more than watching this one.
 
Akira, not at all impressed with Yukimura's appearance (he never met him anyway), finally spoke up, “Hmm… Our food bearer is here.”
 
Everyone turned to look at a shocked Sasuke. You could tell the boy was so happy he could pee in his pants. “Y-Yukimura! What are you doing here?” He put up the tough boy façade.
 
Yukimura ran over to the boy, squeezing him, “Sasuke! I've missed my little brother so much! Awww… You've grown so much!”
 
Benitora stifled laughter. Everyone knew what he was going to say. Yuya and Sasuke glared at him.
 
“Aww, Yuya! I wasn't going to be mean!” the idiot shouted, making disgusting kissy faces at my woman. Yuya's glare intensified. She knew he was lying.
 
Sasuke placed the Burger King meals on the table. Apparently, they had ordered for us (it wasn't the first time we'd had fast food) because there was a Double Whopper with pickles. That's definitely my meal. Yuya dug out her Fire-Grilled Chicken Garden Salad.
 
Everyone dug in. Well, except Yukimura. He just steadily stole all of Sasuke's fries.
 
“Yukimura! Stop it!,” Sasuke shouted angrily, looking into the now empty French fries box for survivors, “Those were mine!”
 
Sanada chuckled, patting the now pissed Sasuke on the head, “I'll go buy you some more.” With that, Yukimura left to go stand in line.
 
The silver haired boy growled, “God, he's so annoying!” Everyone laughed, knowing he really cared for his older brother.
 
Within five minutes, Yukimura was back with the fries (and a cheeseburger for himself), putting them in front of Sasuke who grabbed them and hid them under the table. Heh, crazy kid.
 
After a few moments of simply eating, Kyoshiro spoke up, “So, what are you doing here, Yukimura? How did you find us?”
 
Looking up from his cheeseburger, Sanada replied, “I'm opening for you tonight.” He then smiled slyly, “As for how I found you, I have my ways…”
 
I always thought he had a team of creepy ninjas who followed us around. He always seemed to pop up at random times. But I always had the feeling they weren't quite so… random.
 
Done with my Whopper, I reached my hand under the table, searching for Yuya's. I found it.
 
There the seven of us sat, catching up on old times until we were forced to leave to prepare for the concert. It was going to be a long night.
 
At least we get to be in New Orleans tomorrow in time for Mardi Gras! Maybe they'll have some sake there…
 
A/N: And Yukimura makes his appearance! R&R!