Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ You and Me ❯ Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You and Me
 
By Rin Amaru
 
Disclaimer: Disclaimer? I don't need no stinking disclaimer! I don't own the Collective Soul song “Better Now” featured in this chapter.
 
A/N: Hey! Sorry if I don't update frequently… Junior year in high school is so full of work it's crazy… Thanks for praying/sending good thoughts to Courtney. I hear she's feeling better now. Please, enjoy the story!
 
*~*
Chapter 8
 
Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You
*~*
 
The Indianapolis Indians are playing the Buffalo Bison. What luck… I have the joy of watching them play today… I never even liked baseball, rugby and football are more my thing; the violence just makes it more entertaining.
 
The mayor of Indianapolis gave us tickets to this game because his daughter is a fan of ours and we have a concert tonight in the Conseco Fieldhouse. In four hours.
 
They practically owe us tickets to this game, at least. We're bringing people from all over the country here to Indianapolis to see us play. That means a lot of tourism. We just boosted their economy. You're welcome, Indianapolis.
 
It's the bottom of the seventh inning, complete with people waving giant red fingers and children screaming. If only I had brought the samurai sword the old man bought, Tenro, I think. Everyone would be screaming for an entirely different reason, and I'd have oodles of fun watching their blood spill…
 
If you can't tell by now how much I hate being here, you're more dimwitted than I thought.
 
I heard a chorus of groans from all over the stadium. Those Bison are as slow as their mascot. Kieran Mattison is now officially responsible for the last out of the inning.
 
Hello, eighth inning…
 
“Man, those Bison suck!” Benitora shouted while shoving previously shelled peanuts in his mouth. I smirked. He's never afraid to say exactly what's on his mind.
 
“My thoughts exactly,” Akira said flatly. He was just as bored as I was. Like older brother, like little brother.
 
Kyoshiro was getting a second ice cream cone for himself, leaving a wonderfully empty seat between Tora and Akira. On my right was Sasuke, too intent on defeating the Elite Four for the twenty-ninth time to pay much attention to the game. On my left was Yuya, quietly sipping her Dr. Pepper. She looked so calm, so serene, so…
 
Her face contorted in anger as she shot up from her seat and shouted at the top of her lungs, “Oh, come on! I can do better than you, sissies!” She huffed, perfect bottom hitting the seat again with a definite thud. “Idiots…”
 
Okay, maybe she isn't so calm… But she is certainly nicer to look at than my other companions or the irritating fans, who deserve to die for annoying me. Yes, die a horrible, painful death…
 
Yuya turned to face me, emerald eyes practically glowing, “Having fun, Kyo?” I grunted in response. She giggled and slid her arms around my left and rested her head on my shoulder.
 
Just as a heads up; if anyone else tried a stunt like that, they would regret being born. My woman, however, is the only human being who has that special privilege.
 
Trying to take my mind off the endlessly irritating game, I buried my nose in Yuya's hair. She smelled like lavender and orchid and, as always, her scent calmed me. Without her in my life, I'd definitely either die or go on a killing spree; preferably the latter.
 
Her presence beside me made the rest of this horrid game much more bearable.
 
After we returned home from that hell-hole, we immediately went to the Conseco Fieldhouse to set up, which didn't take long. Then we spent the next hour and a half signing autographs and those damned posters in the pre-show. I hate my life.
 
While singing those posters, I realized I'm not content with my life. I want so much more than what I have right now. I want to be on my own, I want to be the best of the best, I want to be rid of everyone who will hold me back, and I want to be able to raise a family. I do enjoy the company of Akira, Sasuke, and occasionally Tora, but I can do without them. Yuya's the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with, no one else.
 
It's not like I'll never see them again anyway. Akira is my beloved little brother, so I'll see him on Thanksgiving and Christmas… when I actually attend… and Yuya and him are best friends. Sasuke and Yuya are now officially related, so I'll definitely be seeing the brat a lot, especially considering how close they are.
 
I'll never fully escape, but it's something to shoot for.
 
“Samurai Deeper, please report to the stage. The show starts in 5 minutes,” the announcer said over the loudspeaker. I sighed, leaving my thoughts, and opened the door to the stage.
 
Walking over to the microphone, I noticed the others were already there. Yuya was missing, of course, but I gathered she would be in the audience. If any guy out there touches her I will immediately drive my guitar down his throat…
 
Speaking of guitars, I put mine over my shoulder, releasing the pick from it's holder on the back of it. The black little pick holder would distract my fans from its beauty.
 
I'm so smart…
 
The curtains opened, the lights came on. For a moment, I couldn't see anyone in the audience at all. Then, the first and second rows came into view. My eyes drifted around, searching for my woman as the announcer introduced us. I spotted her pretty blonde head just as Benitora began the count for the first number.
 
Yuya's eyes found mine, each of us staring into the depths of our souls. It was a strangely erotic feeling to know someone knew every inch of you just by looking into your eyes. I smirked.
 
I began my rhythm guitar part, Sasuke and Kyoshiro joining me shortly. Then Benitora came in just as the vocals started:
 
“Yeah-yeah
Oh, I'm newly calibrated
Yeah-yeah
All shiny and clean
Yeah-yeah
I'm your recent adaptation
Yeah-yeah
Time to
redefine me
 
Akira began the synthesized brass tones. My band played as if possessed by the music they created. Without taking her eyes off of mine, Yuya moved her head to the beat.

Let the word out
I've got to get out
Whoa, I'm feeling better now
Break the news out
I've got to get out
Whoa, I'm feeling better now
 
I can't take my eyes off of hers. She's so mesmerizing, so perfect, so… mine…

Yeah-yeah
I'm happy as Christmas
Yeah-yeah
All wrapped to be seen
Yeah-yeah
I'm your recent acquisition
Yeah-yeah
Time to celebrate me

Let the word out
I've got to get out
Whoa, I'm feeling better now
Break the news out
I've got to get out
Whoa,
I'm feeling better

The world start shakin'
The world
start shakin'
The world
start shakin' me down

The world
start shakin'
The world'
start shakin'
The world
done shakin' me down
 
Yuya smiled at me. The world was perfect.

Let the word out
I've got to get out
Whoa, I'm feeling better now
Break the news out
I've got to get out
Whoa, I'm feeling better now

Let the word out
I've got to get out
Whoa, I'm feeling better now
Break the news out
I've got to get out
Whoa, I'm
feeling better now

The world start
shakin'
The world start shakin'
The world start shakin'
The world start shakin'
The world start shakin'
The world start shakin'
The world start shakin'
The world start shakin'
The world start shakin'”
 
I smirked arrogantly at the audience, tearing my eyes away from my woman. I hung my head as the fans screamed with anticipation for the next song.
 
This was going to be a great concert.
 
The show ended at around midnight, much later than most other concerts. After escaping the fans and signing as little autographs as possible, we arrived at our hotel.
 
Yuya and Sasuke quickly fell asleep in the king size bed they shared with Akira. Kyoshiro and Benitora even chose not to go out drinking and slept in the bed they reluctantly shared. We were going to leave for Miami at 10:00 the next morning. To get to the airport and go through various security checks and all that jazz by then, we would have to leave here by 7:00 AM.
 
As for my little brother, he walked into my room. Since no one ever wanted to sleep in the same bed as me, I slept alone. I have been known to try and strangle people I don't like in my sleep. Kyoshiro has experienced this twenty-six-too-many times. Akira, only because he doesn't annoy me as often, has fortunately never had to experience this.
 
Sitting beside me on my bed, the Ice Prince turned his head up at me, “Kyo… I have something to inform you of…”
 
I grunted in response, wanting to envelop myself in my bed sheets. With a visitor, however, that wasn't likely to happen within the next few minutes.
 
Knowing I didn't want this meeting to last long, Akira continued, “I'm afraid Yuya has fallen for you.” I was stunned.
 
Of course, I expected this. I'm too awesome not to love. But to have my feelings returned… Wow…
 
I have long known that Akira cared for Yuya. He always had a little kiddy crush on her. When they were little, it was cute because he'd try to protect her from bullies when he thought I wasn't watching. Before martial arts training, he was pathetic and obviously lost many times. Then, it was big brother to the rescue. I would take the blame for pulverizing the bastard who tried to hurt my brother and, little did I know, my future woman.
 
After being fed up with his feebleness, I trained Akira myself. Now he is fully competent enough to defend himself and anyone he wishes to protect. Good kid.
 
However, he did love Yuya, something I accepted but didn't particularly like.
 
Sensing I had received the information he gave me, Akira spoke again, “Just letting you know that if you hurt her, ever, you will answer to me…”
 
Oooh, I'm so afraid. I smirked outwardly. Just let him try and defeat his master.
 
My brother stood up and walked out of my room, knowing the conversation was over. “Good night, Kyo…” he said as he closed the door and went to join Yuya and Sasuke.
 
I sighed, glad I was finally alone. I set the hotel alarm clock to 6:00 AM, stripped down to my boxers, peeled back the covers, and turned out the light. I slept like a log, not once disturbed by thoughts of my woman. I was content.
 
A/N: Hey! Sorry this took so long… Gomen… School sucks; I have no time for anything now. Well, I hope you enjoyed it! R&R